Naismith Injury

JamboSpur

Load of nonsense on this thread. There wasn’t one poster on the thread, prior to us signing SN, who didn’t want him signed up.

it’s obvious to anyone the 4 year deal was what we needed to offer. Does anyone honestly believe the club wouldn’t have preferred a shorter deal?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Robbo-Jambo

• davemclaren

• Thomaso

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Load of nonsense on this thread. There wasn’t one poster on the thread, prior to us signing SN, who didn’t want him signed up.

it’s obvious to anyone the 4 year deal was what we needed to offer. Does anyone honestly believe the club wouldn’t have preferred a shorter deal?

Absolutely this place would have had a complete meltdown if Naisy hadn’t signed

10 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Scotland is the only reason he’s keeping playing, I think he would be thinking about retiring but for his one last chance to get Scotland to a tournament in these playoffs. His first 6 months with us was his only injury free spell in about 5 years. So I’m not going to have a pop at him,

Washington was the player signed to add the goals to solve our over reliance on Naismith. He is the 27 year old #9 and should be starting and playing 90 min every week, unfortunately that’s not happened but he is on the brink of fitness so let’s hope the new manager sparks him into life. Him Haring and Souttar will all hopefully add something 

I really like Washington and I think he's gonna be a major asset in a team playing a high press but I really don't think he's the answer to our goal scoring woes. Never been that prolific

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Exactly. He’s had a poor couple of games prior to last night, but he’s been just about carrying the whole team for ****ing ages. 😳

5 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

It’s one of the few things everyone was united on, on kickback. If it turns out to be a mistake it’ll be a mistake that everyone asked for.

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Exactly. He’s had a poor couple of games prior to last night, but he’s been just about carrying the whole team for ****ing ages. 😳

He hasn’t been great recently I agree. We knew he’d be injury prone before we signed him but everyone still wanted the deal done. Four years was clearly going to be a stretch but I’m convinced it was that or nothing. For folk to whine about it now is just embarrassing for them.

18 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

McPhee says Bartley should have been sent off.

Uncertain exactly what the issue is with Naismith. Might just be a reaction to the challenge. 

Bartley's challenge was worse than Brandon's against Celtic.

Clear lead with elbow.  He then lies down for 3 minutes as if he was fouled.

Ref adds 1 minute at end of half.

20 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Only player at the club who deserves a long deal.

Naismith is an exceptional talent, & we're lucky he chose to stay with us. 

With the right players around him -& decisive tactics, he will show he is one of the best players in the league. 

9 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Yeah I mean if he had not turned out for Scotland that definitely would have stopped Bartley being a dirty thug...

Personally think we should only sign players with no national pride or passion for the game.

In fact only having players not good enough for international football might be an idea.

Though, as i say, we definitely want players with less passion than Naismith. Hate how up for it he always is. Thief. 4 year thief.

What comes round more often, a leap year or Naismith playing for Hearts?? Ha ha ha. That was ace, like. Barrie.

A_A wehatethehibs
1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

I really like Washington and I think he's gonna be a major asset in a team playing a high press but I really don't think he's the answer to our goal scoring woes. Never been that prolific

Yea I agree Washington was the wrong option for number 9, but that’s what we’ve got. All we can do is hope he comes good when fit. Really, we should’ve signed Shankland but there’s a whole 6 month thread on that 😂 our team lacks goals so we signed a non-prolific striker for #9... but as I say fingers crossed Washington comes good and proves that wrong, really for a new manager coming in, the goals need to come from somewhere other than Naismith 

32 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Yea I agree Washington was the wrong option for number 9, but that’s what we’ve got. All we can do is hope he comes good when fit. Really, we should’ve signed Shankland but there’s a whole 6 month thread on that 😂 our team lacks goals so we signed a non-prolific striker for #9... but as I say fingers crossed Washington comes good and proves that wrong, really for a new manager coming in, the goals need to come from somewhere other than Naismith 

Washington and Naismith as a front two would rip most defences in this league to bits. Wee Meshino in behind with Whelan and Harring holding!

2 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Only if you've got a really twisted sense of humour. There are things Hobos etc can rip the pesh out of us for but signing Stevie Naismith aint one of em IMO. New manager may get the best out of him and he'll certainly be a big help to a new manager

Not doubting his ability or passion. I was over the moon when he signed. But I did question his 4 year deal. He's 33 and injury prone. I hope you are right.

1 minute ago, maroonedinbriz said:

4 years? At his age?

Not having a go mate but I seem to remember folk being cock-a-hoop when we got the Naismith deal over the line and I dont remember any moaning whatsoever about him signing for 4 years at the time.

maroonedinbriz
4 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Not having a go mate but I seem to remember folk being cock-a-hoop when we got the Naismith deal over the line and I dont remember any moaning whatsoever about him signing for 4 years at the time.

I was chuffed to bits when he signed. He's a fine player. However, given  his injury problems do you think he will ever earn  his high wages over 4 years?

21 minutes ago, maroonedinbriz said:

I was chuffed to bits when he signed. He's a fine player. However, given  his injury problems do you think he will ever earn  his high wages over 4 years?

Pays yer money takes yer chance. Frustrating but there it is.

1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

Washington and Naismith as a front two would rip most defences in this league to bits. Wee Meshino in behind with Whelan and Harring holding!

I’d certainly think so. Pity they haven’t been able to play together. Wonder if they ever will. 

number witheld

Naismith leave international football when he is two games away from a major championship? Who in their right mind would deprive him of that opportunity. 

11 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I’d certainly think so. Pity they haven’t been able to play together. Wonder if they ever will. 

Throw in Smith Souttar and Halkett at the back and we might have ourselves team🤷‍♂️

4 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Has he? 

He has been out for most of the year so don't quite know how he has been carrying the team for ages. 🤔

Granted when he is on the pitch he does just that. 

14 minutes ago, number witheld said:

Naismith leave international football when he is two games away from a major championship? Who in their right mind would deprive him of that opportunity. 

Not the Scotland versus Hearts thing again?  :facepalm:

1 hour ago, maroonedinbriz said:

4 years? At his age?

Yes,he will give everything to the club player and coach,worth every penny.

1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Has he? 

He has been out for most of the year so don't quite know how he has been carrying the team for ages. 🤔

Granted when he is on the pitch he does just that. 

Well, aye... obviously I mean when he plays. That was implied. These last two/three games are about the only ones I’ve seen him play for us where he hasn’t been running the show.

Weakened Offender
On 04/12/2019 at 23:05, flem said:

Had his two games for Scotland and now happy to sit it out for the next couple of months. 

This is it in a nutshell. People are deluding themselves if they think he's interested in Hearts. I hope the new manager sees through his bullshit. 

Horatio Caine

Anybody else think that Naismith may just be a bit more available with a new coach in place? Clearly doesn't approve of MacPhee's methods.

12 hours ago, Zico said:

This place is absolutely ****ing mental. Full of H1B5 ***** and bams. 

👍🏻

10 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

👍🏻

3 hours ago, Horatio Caine said:

Anybody else think that Naismith may just be a bit more available with a new coach in place? Clearly doesn't approve of MacPhee's methods.

There is certainly no love lost between them to understate SN’s feelings on AM 😎

3 hours ago, Paris 84 said:

Do people just post without actually thinking? 

Because the evidence would suggest that is the case. 

😂

16 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Spot on, hes carrying a lot of weight on his shoulders, 

The prob with Naisy is his body can't  handle 3 games in a week . We need to pick and choose his games even when he is fully fit .Unfortunatey the rest of the squad  have been performing that badly thar we haven't been afforded that luxury. 

17 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Spot on, hes carrying a lot of weight on his shoulders, 

Yip. Suppose it was only natural that at some point the burden would get too much and his form would dip.

10 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Well, aye... obviously I mean when he plays. That was implied. These last two/three games are about the only ones I’ve seen him play for us where he hasn’t been running the show.

He looks really pissed off just now and no wonder. 

He obviously has no time for MacPhee and a few of the players as well tbh. 

The guy has a winning mentality  and let's hope to god he recovers quick from Wednesday. 👍

2 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

He looks really pissed off just now and no wonder. 

He obviously has no time for MacPhee and a few of the players as well tbh. 

The guy has a winning mentality  and let's hope to god he recovers quick from Wednesday. 👍

I was really disappointed in the way the senior pros like him, Berra and Whelan just capitulated to Kilmarnock and Rangers. It's times like now when we really need them to pull everyone together. It doesn't undo all the sterling work he has done up until now though. Haste ye back our little albino prince.

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I was really disappointed in the way the senior pros like him, Berra and Whelan just capitulated to Kilmarnock and Rangers. It's times like now when we really need them to pull everyone together. It doesn't undo all the sterling work he has done up until now though. Haste ye back our little albino prince.

It was shocking to see tbh. 

Everyone especially the experienced guys have been embarrassing as soon as we go behind in a game with their attitude. 

There is a lot of arse kicking needed at the moment in our club. 😏

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I'll be honest,  regardless of who is managing the club they signed contracts to play for Heart of Midlothian. 

Get the ****ing petted lips off and burst your ****ing ballocks to turn this round. 

That heat map on Sportscene is not an embarrassment its a ****ing humiliation and a damning indictment of the lack of effort currently being made. 

Berra Naismith get it ****ing sorted

8 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

It was shocking to see tbh. 

Everyone especially the experienced guys have been embarrassing as soon as we go behind in a game with their attitude. 

There is a lot of arse kicking needed at the moment in our club. 😏

You would think that pro footballers would be giving their all , no matter the current situation that they are in, I just dont get it.

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I'll be honest,  regardless of who is managing the club they signed contracts to play for Heart of Midlothian. 

Get the ****ing petted lips off and burst your ****ing ballocks to turn this round. 

That heat map on Sportscene is not an embarrassment its a ****ing humiliation and a damning indictment of the lack of effort currently being made. 

Berra Naismith get it ****ing sorted

Totally agree mate. 

Unreal that some on here claimed that there wasn't a lack of effort on Wednesday. Don't know what game they were watching.

On 05/12/2019 at 01:45, Kiwidoug said:

Correct.  BBC says he was "clattered" by his opponent. Hardly surprising an injury resulted.

Thank you Doug, I do not want to criticise my fellow Jambos but the knee jerk reactions which swing from Naismith is a legend who makes the time tick to he’s a lead swinging wage thief is total nonsense and makes a mockery of SUPPORTING your team.

I am no happy clapper as accused by others, I’m as utterly fed up after another 💩 show as much as the next fan but but coming on here and spouting critical drivel about a great player and honest hard working person is a pointless thing to get your blood pressure raised about.

Peace out🙏

13 minutes ago, Clear few said:

Thank you Doug, I do not want to criticise my fellow Jambos but the knee jerk reactions which swing from Naismith is a legend who makes the time tick to he’s a lead swinging wage thief is total nonsense and makes a mockery of SUPPORTING your team.

I am no happy clapper as accused by others, I’m as utterly fed up after another 💩 show as much as the next fan but but coming on here and spouting critical drivel about a great player and honest hard working person is a pointless thing to get your blood pressure raised about.

Peace out🙏

Agree with this👍

GorgieRules22
5 minutes ago, Jenks said:

Anyone who rips Naismith is an absolute joke. Class player , one of the best in a while. We are lucky to have him.

We are very lucky to have him when he’s playing.

On 04/12/2019 at 23:02, amadjambo said:

He’s made of glass. Be lucky to get 20 games out of him over his 4 year contract at this rate.

He's played seven for Hearts so far this season so well on track.