Walker

Jeff

1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

Walker isn’t producing what he should but I take it everyone missed him chasing and closing down?  If anything he produced the fleeting moments of quality which were scarce in the game. 

Thing is, that’s not saying much as most in maroon , Brandon aside, were nowhere near good enough. Generally disappointed with Walker. Takes too many games to get up to speed and needs to go looking for the ball more during games.

However, I’m always wary when one of your supposed creative players is always having to drop back in to defend. It says more about the lack of quality, organisation cohesion in the team. People can’t expect these players to be at the end of the park you want them to be at if they are making up for deficiencies elsewhere.  

You have claimed people are making excuses for players because they ‘run around a bit’ in the past. That’s exactly what you are doing here to try and stick up for Walker. I’ve asked Clerry this previously and he declined to answer. Are you two related to the guy? It’s the only explanation I can fathom for the way you put him on a pedestal he is nowhere near deserving of. 

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• soonbe110

• jake

• Bazzas right boot

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Oh here we go. When it’s wee Jammie Walker it’s always everyone else’s fault. When it’s MacLean, even when he scores it’s because it was too easy. 

The slack that Jamie Walker gets on here for doing **** all is nauseating.

Done **** all but getting praised higher than the guy who scored our equaliser. Incredible stuff.

Stop posting shite please

First half one or two of Walkers touches and interplay were class.

You have agendas dont you ?

Bazzas right boot

Walker was ok tonight. 

Gets ****ing melted every time he takes a player on or flicks it past them. 

At least twice tonight. 

Chased down balls. 

The guy is 2 games back after 2 months out Ffs. 

Wasn't great but no worse than anyone else. 

Only Smith, Berra and Brandon got pads marks imo. 

Whelan actually never hid either, always available and done some good things but also had a few clangers. 

Clare is looking more like a 5 a side player as time goes by. 

Decent touch, technique but lacks any awareness, positional sense and drive. 

Does some great stuff then nothing for 20 minutes. 

Shame. 

Mulraney was also v poor second half. 

Unsure why Walker would be singled out. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

2 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Walker isn’t producing what he should but I take it everyone missed him chasing and closing down?  If anything he produced the fleeting moments of quality which were scarce in the game. 

Thing is, that’s not saying much as most in maroon , Brandon aside, were nowhere near good enough. Generally disappointed with Walker. Takes too many games to get up to speed and needs to go looking for the ball more during games.

However, I’m always wary when one of your supposed creative players is always having to drop back in to defend. It says more about the lack of quality, organisation cohesion in the team. People can’t expect these players to be at the end of the park you want them to be at if they are making up for deficiencies elsewhere.  

Walker and Clare both had to spend more time defending than attacking tonight due to others deficiencies. Not their strengths. 
Whelan, Damour, Berra - you expect defensive excellence. We got the opposite from all three tonight. All three had probably their worst performances in a maroon jersey. 

13 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Walker better than at least 6 other players tonight - that says as much about the other 6 than Walker.

Halkett

Whelan

Berra

Damour

Uche 

Clare 

All considerably worse. 

Think biggest issue is hearts have master touch at turning decent players in awful players after sign for us.

I kinda have feeling right now doesnt matter who we sign they will be rank rotten.

rudi must stay
8 minutes ago, jake said:

Here ye go the smeltic leg openers are here.

Walker was one of our better players tonight

Well said.

Tried to get us going attacking wise. Nice cross in too

Quality player in a group of in the main bottlers, I don't like to say that but there's no fire in the majority of them. They don't care

Edited by rudi must stay

Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

You have claimed people are making excuses for players because they ‘run around a bit’ in the past. That’s exactly what you are doing here to try and stick up for Walker. I’ve asked Clerry this previously and he declined to answer. Are you two related to the guy? It’s the only explanation I can fathom for the way you put him on a pedestal he is nowhere near deserving of. 

I don’t put him on a pedestal as much as you hate him. Did you read my post right?

5 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Mulraney did two thirds of that in one move when he ran up the pitch and crossed for Clare.

Crossed behind Clare. Watch the replay. 

24 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

What you have to understand is that our “recruitment department” have zero talent 

And yet John Murray still survives to sign another clown.

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Walker was ok tonight. 

At least twice tonight. 

Chased down balls. 

Whelan actually never hid either, always available and done some good things but also had a few clangers. 

Shame. 

Cos its shitey bigoted agenda driven so called Hearts supporters .

AS bad as the opposite.

Poison.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Walker and Clare both had to spend more time defending than attacking tonight due to others deficiencies. Not their strengths. 
Whelan, Damour, Berra - you expect defensive excellence. We got the opposite from all three tonight. All three had probably their worst performances in a maroon jersey. 

I thought Berra was good tonight, defended well..... 😳

Just now, rudi must stay said:

Well said.

Tried to get us going attacking wise. Nice cross in too

Quality player in a group of in the main bottlers, I don't like to say that but there sno fire in the majority of them. They don't care

I agree. He was far from the worst. Also took a few sore ones. 

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Walker was ok tonight. 

At least twice tonight. 

Chased down balls. 

Shame. 

Agree with most of that but Berra was shocking. He is done. 

Captain Canada

I can't see how he'll ever get back to his best because he seems so unfit. Every time he gets tackled, it takes him ages to get up and running again. He won't be able to press for 70-80 minutes under the new manager. 

2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

And yet John Murray still survives to sign another clown.

Gone. At last. 

Edited by soonbe110

Just now, Debut 4 said:

I don’t put him on a pedestal as much as you hate him. Did you read my post right?

He’s your nephew, isn’t he?

I read your post and you are making excuses for him, as you always do. Now you are even resorting to praising him for running about a bit. Something you used to claim Milinkovic did when he was harrying the opposition, winning the ball, and driving forward. Main difference being Milinkovic used to actually set up and score goals when he did it.

You ALWAYS make excuses for Walker, yet you are dismissive of other players and don’t accept the same reasoning being applied to their performances. 

PhoenixHearts
41 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

Scary thing is after Brandon he was probably our next best player tonight. 

Was he ****. Even Clare was better. Absolute passenger.

This was the same crap last time Walker was with us and it took a period of 11months of utter shite before some would admit it.

He is a chicken hearted passenger in games where you need him to get stuck in.

The last time was the same chat “oh he is injured” or “he is in a team of dross”.

No one gets as many chances by some posters than him.

Just now, wavydavy said:

Has he ?

Will be a casualty of the coming changes. Announced next week 

probably replaced by a current first team coach 

Edited by soonbe110

Bazzas right boot
Just now, soonbe110 said:

Agree with most of that but Berra was shocking. He is done. 

I thought tonight he won everything, the goalie had very little to do. 

Imo, the midfield was horrible today. 

Whelan, Clare and Damour didn't look like they knew what they were doing or playing. 

Thought we defended OK, but as usual conceded one shity goal, pretty much the only shot on target, as per. 

29 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

I was. He had a shot on target and a decent cross before he went off. That alone put him ahead of nearly every hearts player on the pitch. I was more using walker as an example to show how poor the rest where not that he’s had a particularly good game. 

fair enough. Brandon was the only one who gets any sort of mark from me, only one who gave 100% from start to finish

Jambof3tornado
27 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I thought the same. At least he put in the effort. Far from the worst player in maroon tonight. Thought Berra,Whelan, Uche, McLean were dreadful tonight 

Thought whelan was decent. Berra needs dropped ASAP uche was poor and macca was shite but scored a tap in.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Was he ****. Even Clare was better. Absolute passenger.

Clare was good first half. 

Absolute horror show second. 

Will be a casualty of the coming changes. Announced next week 

Well hopefully you are correct, thanks for that you have brightened up my eveing after watching that rubbish.

2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I read your post and you are making excuses for him, as you always do. Now you are even resorting to praising him for running about a bit. Something you used to claim Milinkovic did when he was harrying the opposition, winning the ball, and driving forward. Main difference being Milinkovic used to actually set up and score goals when he did it.

You ALWAYS make excuses for Walker, yet you are dismissive of other players and don’t accept the same reasoning being applied to their performances. 

You on the pish? Yer a cheeky ***** aswell. 

If if you paid attention I liked Milinkovic too. Do one ya welt. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

I thought tonight he won everything, the goalie had very little to do. 

Imo, the midfield was horrible today. 

Whelan, Clare and Damour didn't look like they knew what they were doing or playing. 

Thought we defended OK, but as usual conceded one shity goal, pretty much the only shot on target, as per. 

It’s all about opinions. I agree re midfield but not Berra. He won’t play much, if at all, under new management. 

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

So you didnt attend tonight did you?

You didnt see the nice touches that stood out.

You never put the boot in .

But Walkers involvement with Rangers swings your posts.

Nae bus fare symmetry

I said it last time around, David Templeton mk2, decent 1 in 8 games just to keep you thinking it will all click..... Just that it never will. 

Disagree with most on here still think he is a very decent player

The problems at our club are the coaching management etc

Lets see what happens when the new team come in a good few of these not good enough for hearts will come good 

All the coaching team will be binned next week 

Berra. Remove.

Not really a problem and  the 20 points he's lost us this season is a given.

Sadly.

1 minute ago, jake said:

So you didnt attend tonight did you?

You didnt see the nice touches that stood out.

You never put the boot in .

But Walkers involvement with Rangers swings your posts.

Nae bus fare symmetry

You are incapable of legible posts when you have had a drink. That doesn’t even make sense.

Bazzas right boot

It’s all about opinions. I agree re midfield but not Berra. He won’t play much, if at all, under new management. 

Yeah, Berra does need rested, no arguments from me. 

I'd play Halkett and Souttar before him. 

I thought tonight he defended well tho. 

Also drove forward a few times in the second half when others hid. 

In general he needs dropped, I agree with that. 

The midfield was a shambles today. 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

I said it last time around, David Templeton mk2, decent 1 in 8 games just to keep you thinking it will all click..... Just that it never will. 

temps was considerably better imo 

3 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

So he is related to you then, cool.

1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

His views on what goes on on the pitch are not derived from football.

Walker faded with the team.

But he contributed and was pivotal in our more progressive stuff and this team needs a break.

1 minute ago, tokyowalnut said:

People were giving him standing applause as he walked off. He was hopeless and has reverted to the player he was before he left.

So why was he getting a standing ovation if, as you say, he was hopeless? 
or is your opinion a minority one? 

2 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

People were giving him standing applause as he walked off. He was hopeless and has reverted to the player he was before he left.

It’s quite incredible. Honestly, the blind spot some people have for the guy is absolutely astonishing.

It’s quite incredible. Honestly, the blind spot some people have for the guy is absolutely astonishing.

Agree with this. Hopeless but seems to get an easy ride.

PhoenixHearts
13 minutes ago, jake said:

Cos its shitey bigoted agenda driven so called Hearts supporters .

AS bad as the opposite.

Poison.

What's this "bigoted agenda"?

We're talking about a player who is consistently giving more gutless performances than good ones.

Aye maybe it seems like people are singling him out, but so so they should with the way he gets a free pass from some because he's a "guid hertz lad".

Like many of the squad, he's just not up to the task and he deserves to be ripped to bits for it just like Clare, just like Berra, just like Damour etc etc.

How is that bigoted? Have a word Jamie Sr.

You are incapable of legible posts when you have had a drink. That doesn’t even make sense.

Ok .

Its fekin brutal the now.

Argue later

bigsuperslim1874

Not even close to being the worst player tonight. As noted, he has not long been back after 2 months out and pre-injury was putting in a shift. Spent too much time on the backfoot or getting wiped out when he did get forward.

1 minute ago, PhoenixHearts said:

What's this "bigoted agenda"?

We're talking about a player who is consistently giving more gutless performances than good ones.

Aye maybe it seems like people are singling him out, but so so they should with the way he gets a free pass from some because he's a "guid hertz lad".

Like many of the squad, he's just not up to the task and he deserves to be ripped to bits for it just like Clare, just like Berra, just like Damour etc etc.

How is that bigoted? Have a word Jamie Sr.

Och mate I'm going to bed.

Fekin Hearts man nippy as fek