• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• soonbe110

• jake

• Bazzas right boot

We_are_the_Hearts
1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Mulraney’s pace and fitness set him apart and make him more dangerous. Was Walker’s finish v St Mirren better than Jake’s? 🤔

Walker has ability, unfortunately we just don’t see it when we need it. He’s unreliable when we need someone to dig us out of a hole.

And Mulraney is? Walker hasn't got his form back yet after injury but is a better player than Jake will ever be.

rudi must stay
6 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Mulraney’s pace and fitness set him apart and make him more dangerous. Was Walker’s finish v St Mirren better than Jake’s? 🤔

Walker has ability, unfortunately we just don’t see it when we need it. He’s unreliable when we need someone to dig us out of a hole.

I would argue the opposite. When we go behind we either hoof it or others will bottle it and do a sideways pass. So he's chasing all over the place to get it. When he does he drives us forward, we need more like him in our team. 

Edited by rudi must stay

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Jamie Walker is a far more effective player, he has more goals this season despite missing two months of it than Mulraney has his entire Hearts career.  

Mulraney's best piece of action last night resulted in an awful cross that he should've laid on a plate for Clare.  I like Mulraney and think there's a good player lurking in there, but you must be at it if you think he's more skilful and a better finisher than Walker.

Pretty much this. 

6 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

And Mulraney is? Walker hasn't got his form back yet after injury but is a better player than Jake will ever be.

Walker spends more time waiting for his form to come back, than he does playing in form. I think it’s about time we all just accepted that he can’t do it very regularly, and the good games are the exception rather than the rule.

7 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I would argue the opposite. When we go behind we either hoof it or others will bottle it and do a sideways pass. So he's chasing all over the place to get it. When he does he drives us forward, we need more like him in our team. 

Oh my word, no. Any more like him and we are beyond ****ed. Bloody hell.

We_are_the_Hearts
3 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Walker spends more time waiting for his form to come back, than he does playing in form. I think it’s about time we all just accepted that he can’t do it very regularly, and the good games are the exception rather than the rule.

They are just now yip. Which is still more than Jake

3 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

They are just now yip. Which is still more than Jake

Was he maybe even the last Hearts player to actually score a goal? Jamie has done **** all for weeks.

We_are_the_Hearts

Was he maybe even the last Hearts player to actually score a goal? Jamie has done **** all for weeks.

TBF he has just came back from a bad injury. Thought he was decent before that.

rudi must stay
5 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Agreed Bob fans should watch Mulraney he hides.

Mulraney had a poor game. I think what he needs is another run in the team. Same with Meshino

He scored 31 minutes before Mulraney the same game,  You're having one.

Bazzas right boot

Feels like too many on here want or will our players to fail just to prove a point. 

Not a fan of comparing players to rip them either. 

Mulraney has speed and is fit, a useful weapon when used correctly. 

Walker will assist and score goals, also a clever player. 

Neither played that well last night but both showed in flashes what they can do. 

Both tried hard, not sure were the lazy thing comes from. 

If anything the structure of the midfield was a bit baffling and we never controlled enough of the game imo. 

Both are decent at our level and hopefully with a new gaffer, a bit confidence and structure we'll see more of the good from both of them. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot

Walker not score in the same game? 

1 minute ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

TBF he has just came back from a bad injury. Thought he was decent before that.

He looked decent when he first came back, I have given him credit for that. Now? Utterly pointless even being on the pitch. 

2 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

He scored 31 minutes before Mulraney the same game,  You're having one.

Yet, Walker is this amazing player who is going to turn us around, and Mulraney hides. 😄

Yet, Walker is this amazing player who is going to turn us around, and Mulraney hides. 😄

Who said he hides?  I said Walker was a far more effective player.

27 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Mulraney for me is a decent player although his crosses can be a bit erratic.

We never seem to play the ball behind defences to allow him to use his pace and run onto the ball. Most of the time the ball is fired at him like a shot on goal or it is chest or head height when he receives it and that makes it difficult for him to take on the defenders.

Maybe the new man will spot this and try and get him some better service.

18Jambo_dave74

Folk arguing about who is worse :laugh: sums up the team we have just now and shows how shocking the recruitment has been. 

Walker - will get you a few goals throughout the season, has decent technique. His legs have gone though - can no longer take players on and need to be played centrally, rather than out wide. Suffered with injuries and can often go missing. People obviously still, understandably, unhappy due to how he left the first time - most would probably overlook it if he was delivering on the pitch. 

Mulraney - our only player with real pace, therefore has had more game time than his ability deserves. 2 goals in nearly 50 appearances show he isn't much of a goal threat and his decision making is pretty horrendous. Crossing has improved but still generally pretty poor. Definitely bottles out of tackles/ headers etc. 

The problem is that the alternative to these guys aren't up to much either. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
15 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Crossed behind Clare. Watch the replay. 

Mulraney looks like a championship reserve player. Utter shit.

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

Folk arguing about who is worse :laugh: sums up the team we have just now and shows how shocking the recruitment has been. 

Walker - will get you a few goals throughout the season, has decent technique. His legs have gone though - can no longer take players on and need to be played centrally, rather than out wide. Suffered with injuries and can often go missing. People obviously still, understandably, unhappy due to how he left the first time - most would probably overlook it if he was delivering on the pitch. 

Mulraney - our only player with real pace, therefore has had more game time than his ability deserves. 2 goals in nearly 50 appearances show he isn't much of a goal threat and his decision making is pretty horrendous. Crossing has improved but still generally pretty poor. Definitely bottles out of tackles/ headers etc. 

The problem is that the alternative to these guys aren't up to much either. 

Your first paragraph is brilliant. 

Sums up how bad we are. 

HEARTS FOREVER

It's staggering that we have one player with pace throughout the whole squad.....and he has the Heart of a pea.

This team need guys who can run.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
1 minute ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

It's staggering that we have one player with pace throughout the whole squad.....and he has the Heart of a pea.

This team need guys who can run.

You saying Walker has pace?

23 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Who said he hides?  I said Walker was a far more effective player.

Bit further up the thread, forget who. Mulraney is more effective imo. 

As well as those goals, he has given teams problems by forcing them to make sure he is marked because his pace can undo them in a split second. He did this against Celtic in the 1-0 game.

I wasn't the one who started comparing him to Walker, but in order to ease up the criticism on poor wee 'everyone else's fault' JW, his name was tossed in to the mix of players who were worse than Walker for attitude, ability, threat and tendency to hide or work. This is complete nonsense. Mulraney is the more effective player.

1 hour ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Mulraney looks like a championship reserve player. Utter shit.

That's what he was when we signed him.

Add to dud list.

2 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Add to dud list.

How on Earth can he be described as a "dud"?

This guy should count his blessings that we let him back to play in maroon. He should be trying harder than any other player in the squad to get the fans back on side.

Looks to me like he either doesn't really care, or his body is broken and he can no longer perform to a reasonable level.

13 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

How on Earth can he be described as a "dud"?

He's a championship player.  So a dud signing, if we're looking to challenge for a Euro spot.

I'm sure the new manager will empty him and the rest of the duds when he gets the chance. 

The reason we are at the bottom of the League is because of signings like Mulraney and Walker. When you add White, Clare and McLean it is like playing with half a team.

Jamie Walker has been totally anonymous for 180 minutes of football. I just dont see him ever regaining what he had. As for Mulraney, his crossing is pathetic. I suppose it is too much to expect the coaching staff to suggest he practices his glaring weakness!!

5 minutes ago, Yoda said:

He's a championship player.  So a dud signing, if we're looking to challenge for a Euro spot.

I'm sure the new manager will empty him and the rest of the duds when he gets the chance. 

He clearly is not a Championship player though, that's the point.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
37 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Add to dud list.

I know. Sums up why we are where we are.

20 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

He clearly is not a Championship player though, that's the point.

We'll need to agree to disagree on that point.

He would not get into any of rivals teams (Dons / H1b5 / Killie).  When he leaves us he'll be back in the Championship or English League 1.

Just now, Yoda said:

We'll need to agree to disagree on that point.

He would not get into any of rivals teams (Dons / H1b5 / Killie).  When he leaves us he'll be back in the Championship or English League 1.

He would get in to all three of those teams imo. We will have to agree to disagree I think, yes.

1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

As well as those goals, he has given teams problems by forcing them to make sure he is marked because his pace can undo them in a split second. He did this against Celtic in the 1-0 game.

I wasn't the one who started comparing him to Walker, but in order to ease up the criticism on poor wee 'everyone else's fault' JW, his name was tossed in to the mix of players who were worse than Walker for attitude, ability, threat and tendency to hide or work. This is complete nonsense. Mulraney is the more effective player.

Walker is a better player than mulraney.

If they can improve when the new manager comes in and we start attacking more we should see better performances from both of them

19 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

He would get in to all three of those teams imo. We will have to agree to disagree I think, yes.

Got to disagree there. He's poor and isn't good enough for a top 6 side.

8 minutes ago, RasberryJam said:

Got to disagree there. He's poor and isn't good enough for a top 6 side.

Despite his goals and performances against top six sides? It's The Scottish Premiership we are talking about here, not the EPL. In this league a player who can score goals, and create chances is good enough for the division. A player who can do those things and also has the pace of Mulraney is more than good enough for the top six. He is a winger/wide player, and they have been inconsistent creatures for decades up here. The reason for that, is because the ones that manage to do it in every game very quickly become too good for our league and move on for more money elsewhere. Even James Forrest at Celtic is inconsistent, and he is probably the best winger/wide player in the division.

I thought walker actually tried last night, but like every other player confidence is at all time low and no leader directing the players. Far worse players then Jamie Walker last night, by a mile. 

He's the total package

- injured a lot.

- ****ing pish.

- long term contract. 

Ticks all the boxes for a levein signing and that is why we are now stuck with him. 

I find Jamie very disappointing since he returned to us not a shadow of the player we had at one time, at this moment in time I think he is no better than Clare and that's saying something lol.

10 minutes ago, grumpyespana said:

I find Jamie very disappointing since he returned to us not a shadow of the player we had at one time, at this moment in time I think he is no better than Clare and that's saying something lol.

Fair comment grumpy however let’s be honest not one single player could probably say they have had a decent season, mibbe smithy

2 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Despite his goals and performances against top six sides? It's The Scottish Premiership we are talking about here, not the EPL. In this league a player who can score goals, and create chances is good enough for the division. A player who can do those things and also has the pace of Mulraney is more than good enough for the top six. He is a winger/wide player, and they have been inconsistent creatures for decades up here. The reason for that, is because the ones that manage to do it in every game very quickly become too good for our league and move on for more money elsewhere. Even James Forrest at Celtic is inconsistent, and he is probably the best winger/wide player in the division.

Do you mean goal against top six sides, or goals in general (2)?

Cochrane is as big a goal threat against top 6 sides.

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 hours ago, Longshanks said:

He's the total package

- injured a lot.

- ****ing pish.

- long term contract. 

Ticks all the boxes for a levein signing and that is why we are now stuck with him. 

:laugh:

So true.

Geoff Kilpatrick

If the best defence of Walker is to compare him to Jake Mulraney, a guy we swapped Angus Beith for to be a squad option, then there is no hope for Walker at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible that Walker will never be able to give 100% due to his fitness as he always looks like he is injury prone in my opinion.