Jump to content
Nobreath

Who are you voting for?

Who are you voting for?  

231 members have voted

  1. 1. Who are you planning on voting for?

    • SNP
      126
    • Labour
      26
    • Conservative
      33
    • Lib Dems
      16
    • Green Party
      5
    • Brexit Party
      1
    • Another
      2
    • Not decided yet
      11
    • Nobody
      15

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 12/12/19 at 22:00

Recommended Posts

Nobreath

Who are you planning to vote for on December 12th?
 

It will be interesting to see just how varied our political leanings are.   It’s a private poll so you can be honest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marvin

Lib Dem, I do live in England after all. Don't trust Boris Trump and Jezza will bankrupt all of us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban

The Saviours of Scotland!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Sausage

Live in England so Lib Dem, otherwise it’d be my first SNP vote. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roxy Hearts

There is only one party to vote for in Scotland that are Scottish and have our best interests at heart. Don't agree with everything but the SNP at least stand up to the establishment but not enough at times. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nunya Business

It's pretty obvious to see how this thread will go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlimOzturk

Why would anyone who lives in England choose to vote for Lib Dems with that stupid women Swinson in charge?

 

I know labour arent the best with Corbyn but surely a better choice than swinson. 

 

Anyways I'll be voting SNP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ray Gin
2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Why would anyone who lives in England choose to vote for Lib Dems with that stupid women Swinson in charge?

 

I know labour arent the best with Corbyn but surely a better choice than swinson. 

 

Anyways I'll be voting SNP

 

Beats voting for the Tories, especially in any constituency where the Liberal candidate has a better chance of winning than the Labour candidate does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Irufushi

Nobody. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
redjambo

SNP, because they have the anti-Tory/anti-Brexit candidate most likely to win in my constituency. I would have gladly voted for Labour/the Lib Dems/Green/a potted plant if I felt they had the biggest chance of winning against the Tories where I am.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XB52
46 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

It's pretty obvious to see how this thread will go.

Correct, the majority of posters, just like the majority of Scottish football fans, support the SNP. Tough for the vocal minority unionists on here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ray Gin

Can't understand people not bothering to vote at all.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nunya Business
3 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Correct, the majority of posters, just like the majority of Scottish football fans, support the SNP. Tough for the vocal minority unionists on here

 

And so it begins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
redjambo
4 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Correct, the majority of posters, just like the majority of Scottish football fans, support the SNP. Tough for the vocal minority unionists on here

 

The party you vote for isn't necessarily the one you support, not in a first-past-the-post system.

 

Anyway, you sound pretty ungracious. People are entitled to their views.

Edited by redjambo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
weehammy
2 hours ago, XB52 said:

Correct, the majority of posters, just like the majority of Scottish football fans, support the SNP. Tough for the vocal minority unionists on here

Completely sweeping statements unsupported by evidence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ray Gin
4 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Completely sweeping statements unsupported by evidence.

 

If only there were some kind of poll at the top of the page that could confirm or rebut such a claim.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XB52
25 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Completely sweeping statements unsupported by evidence.

A wee clue, there is a poll here which supports my sweeping statement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
North Berwick Jambo

Myself & my entire family (some of whom used to be long time Labour & Conservative voters) will all be voting for the SNP. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XB52
3 hours ago, redjambo said:

 

The party you vote for isn't necessarily the one you support, not in a first-past-the-post system.

 

Anyway, you sound pretty ungracious. People are entitled to their views.

If course they are. Just meaning that the unionists are a lot more prevalent in the politic threads than SNP posters, while poll after polls show they are a minority

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hmfc_liam06

6 arseholes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
redjambo
12 minutes ago, XB52 said:

If course they are. Just meaning that the unionists are a lot more prevalent in the politic threads than SNP posters, while poll after polls show they are a minority

 

To be fair, the polls still show a fairly balanced split in the desire for independence. In fact, they have been predominantly, albeit often marginally, against independence.

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_on_Scottish_independence

 

 

Edited by redjambo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jeff

Usually vote SNP but the area I'm in are usually pro labour so will probably just chuck the vote on labour in the hope they oust the tories

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Peebo
3 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Can't understand people not bothering to vote at all.

 

I can. I will vote. Seriously conflicted, though. Only one party I’ve ever voted for but I think the leader is an absolute clown. I cannot even countenance voting for any of the others, though. 
 

Politics is an utter shambles at the moment. The choice is so bad I can understand why some people would choose not to vote, or couldn’t be arsed. 

Edited by Peebo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IronJambo

It's a waste of time for me to vote so I'll be staying home with my slippers on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Herbert

I'm voting conservative. I want scottish independence but I don't agree with helping the poor, giving foreign aid, open immigration or giving women upto 30k because they have to work upto 65. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
redjambo
16 minutes ago, XB52 said:

A wee clue, there is a poll here which supports my sweeping statement.

 

No, all it shows is who we will be voting for in the forthcoming election. Not who we "support" (see Jeff's answer above and my voting intention, for example), nor whom the "majority of Scottish football fans" (why does that matter?) support. So rather than extrapolating the results of this limited poll into statements and tired arguments about independence (which I support, by the way), can we just focus on what people are going to vote and why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ray Gin
13 minutes ago, Peebo said:

I can. I will vote. Seriously conflicted, though. Only one party I’ve ever voted for but I think the leader is an absolute clown. I cannot even countenance voting for any of the others, though. 
 

Politics is an utter shambles at the moment. The choice is so bad I can understand why some people would choose not to vote, or couldn’t be arsed. 

 

Surely there's always a preference, or at least a party you really don't want to win. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IronJambo
3 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Can't understand people not bothering to vote at all.

 

Imagine your constituency had been a stronghold of one single party since the beginning of time. Imagine that your MP used to be the Prime Minister and will landslide it. Imagine that the party would you would vote for was currently full of imbeciles. Imagine that your backup party had a manifesto that would make you choke on your cornflakes.

It'll be dark and cold outside when I'm available to vote and I'm going to stay home and be toasty instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Peebo
1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

 

Surely there's always a preference, or at least a party you really don't want to win. 

There is a preference. I just think the leader is also a prick! 
 

Multiple parties I desperately don’t want to win. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ray Gin
1 minute ago, IronJambo said:

Imagine your constituency had been a stronghold of one single party since the beginning of time. Imagine that your MP used to be the Prime Minister and will landslide it. Imagine that the party would you would vote for was currently full of imbeciles. Imagine that your backup party had a manifesto that would make you choke on your cornflakes.

It'll be dark and cold outside when I'm available to vote and I'm going to stay home and be toasty instead.

 

Nothing will change if nobody bothers to try and vote them out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambos_1874

If tactical voting wasn't necesssry I would probably vote Lib Dem, and probably still will. But, in my constituency it is a straight fight between the Tories and the SNP (both appalling options) and therefore I am considering voting for the lesser of two evils in the SNP.

Edited by Jambos_1874

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taffin
3 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Can't understand people not bothering to vote at all.

 

 

Why?

 

Edit: sorry already seen you've answered this 👍

Edited by Taffin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
weehammy
45 minutes ago, XB52 said:

A wee clue, there is a poll here which supports my sweeping statement.

About 80 participants. Hugely representative of all JKB posters and ‘the majority of Scottish football fans’.

Little wonder the Scottish Government’s stewardship of education comes in for criticism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sarah O

Interesting poll results so far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bauld
13 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

 

Nothing will change if nobody bothers to try and vote them out. 

 

I disagree.

 

The entire nation should stay in their houses and refuse to cast a single vote until the parties start acting for their public and not their own selfish desires.

 

The whole system is a broken mess.

 

I haven't seen anything from any party that makes me want to put a mark next to their name.

 

The options on the sheet for voting should read "shower of lying *******s 1,2,3,4" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
redjambo
2 minutes ago, Bauld said:

 

I disagree.

 

The entire nation should stay in their houses and refuse to cast a single vote until the parties start acting for their public and not their own selfish desires.

 

The whole system is a broken mess.

 

I haven't seen anything from any party that makes me want to put a mark next to their name.

 

The options on the sheet for voting should read "shower of lying *******s 1,2,3,4" 

 

What about a "None of the above" option in elections? If it wins, all the candidates in the constituency have to be replaced and new parties/independents allowed to join the poll.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IronJambo
19 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

 

Nothing will change if nobody bothers to try and vote them out. 

Whilst I can't argue with that sentiment you would realistically have to move out all the town's residents and replace them with others. Out of 58,239 votes Theresa May picked up 37,728. That means that she easily smashed the accumulative effort from everyone else. Her nearest rival was 26,457 votes away with 11,261. 

The "every vote counts" nonsense is patronising in the least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ray Gin
7 minutes ago, Bauld said:

 

I disagree.

 

The entire nation should stay in their houses and refuse to cast a single vote until the parties start acting for their public and not their own selfish desires.

 

The whole system is a broken mess.

 

I haven't seen anything from any party that makes me want to put a mark next to their name.

 

The options on the sheet for voting should read "shower of lying *******s 1,2,3,4" 

 

How are you going to tell the parties what it is you actually want by doing that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ray Gin
1 minute ago, IronJambo said:

Whilst I can't argue with that sentiment you would realistically have to move out all the town's residents and replace them with others. Out of 58,239 votes Theresa May picked up 37,728. That means that she easily smashed the accumulative effort from everyone else. Her nearest rival was 26,457 votes away with 11,261. 

The "every vote counts" nonsense is patronising in the least.

 

You really think she won't take a hit after her disastrous run as PM? Even if the gap just narrows, at least it increases the hope of getting her out eventually.

 

Apathy and thinking 'ach she'll just win anyway' is playing right into her hands.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
redjambo
Just now, IronJambo said:

Whilst I can't argue with that sentiment you would realistically have to move out all the town's residents and replace them with others. Out of 58,239 votes Theresa May picked up 37,728. That means that she easily smashed the accumulative effort from everyone else. Her nearest rival was 26,457 votes away with 11,261. 

The "every vote counts" nonsense is patronising in the least.

 

I have to admit that I wouldn't enjoy voting in a constituency like yours, IJ. Staying at home and being toasty sounds a very attractive option. But then, I've always thought that we should use proportional representation for elections so that most votes might actually count.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
redjambo
4 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

 

How are you going to tell the parties what it is you actually want by doing that?

 

Creating posts on JKB?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IronJambo
Just now, Ray Gin said:

 

You really think she won't take a hit after her disastrous run as PM? Even if the gap just narrows, at least it increases the hope of getting her out eventually.

 

Apathy and thinking 'ach she'll just win anyway' is playing right into her hands.

 

She won't even nearly stumble. Whilst I don't like her politics I have to admit she's a fantastic MP. The Tories have held this seat since records began and that's not going to change any time soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
redjambo
1 minute ago, IronJambo said:

She won't even nearly stumble. Whilst I don't like her politics I have to admit she's a fantastic MP. The Tories have held this seat since records began and that's not going to change any time soon. 

 

There have been a couple of "close" runs though.

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maidenhead_(UK_Parliament_constituency)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IronJambo
1 minute ago, redjambo said:

 

I have to admit that I wouldn't enjoy voting in a constituency like yours, IJ. Staying at home and being toasty sounds a very attractive option. But then, I've always thought that we should use proportional representation for elections so that most votes might actually count.

I'd leave my living room with a polling card in my hand if we had PR. I voted for Lord Buckethead last time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bauld
6 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

 

How are you going to tell the parties what it is you actually want by doing that?

 

When have the parties ever actually listened and delivered?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
redjambo
1 minute ago, IronJambo said:

I'd leave my living room with a polling card in my hand if we had PR. I voted for Lord Buckethead last time.

 

:D I did notice that you had some interesting candidates last time out. One advantage of having the PM as one of the candidates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
redjambo
Just now, IronJambo said:

A majority of over 3,000 is still decent. Lib Dems are probably her biggest challenge (due to their want to reverse brexit) but I can't go near them for this election. 

 

Why not? They won't have much say in the final outcome anyway, but they will help strengthen the Anti-Brexit side (if that represents your opinion on the issue).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Barack

Voting independent. Either that or not at all. As unfortunately people in my neck of the woods, despite being shat on by their Labour MP and & condescended to over Brexit, are thick as shit and will vote Labour despite that. 

 

They might vote Brexit Party though too. Can't see it sadly. Decades of inbred thinking along generational family voting lines, is still strong.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IronJambo
9 minutes ago, redjambo said:

 

Why not? They won't have much say in the final outcome anyway, but they will help strengthen the Anti-Brexit side (if that represents your opinion on the issue).

I can't vote for a party that wants to completely disregard a referendum result. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...