Who are you voting for?

Nobreath

Who are you voting for?  

302 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you planning on voting for?

• SNP
    • Labour
    • Conservative
    • Lib Dems
    • Green Party
    • Brexit Party
    • Another
    • Not decided yet
    • Nobody

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 22:00

9 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

I live in England and I have already sent my postal vote off for Boris Johnson's Conservative Party.

I'm just stunned at this revelation. Stunned, I tell you!

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• redjambo

• ri Alban

• Ray Gin

• Beast Boy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

dobmisterdobster
12 minutes ago, Dirty Deeds said:

Because you always vote Tory or because of Brexit?

Mainly because of Brexit although I did vote Tory last time although not enthusiastically.

dobmisterdobster
On 01/12/2019 at 21:07, IronJambo said:

Whilst I can't argue with that sentiment you would realistically have to move out all the town's residents and replace them with others. Out of 58,239 votes Theresa May picked up 37,728. That means that she easily smashed the accumulative effort from everyone else. Her nearest rival was 26,457 votes away with 11,261. 

The "every vote counts" nonsense is patronising in the least.

It could be worse. At least you don't live in the Speaker's seat.

Posted twice for some reason

EKcvc3bX0AAOwx4-01.jpeg

EKcvc3bX0AAOwx4-01.jpeg

Edited by dobmisterdobster

2 hours ago, weehammy said:

Good to hear your family are at uni where I spent much of my career. Hope your own treatment has been successful. My family have also benefitted from excellent care in SNHS facilities from dedicated staff. I’m sure all of that would have been true whichever party had a majority at Holyrood. My gripe with the SNP is that the speed with which they blame Westminster for so much contrasts sharply with their reluctance to own up to their various self-inflicted problems.

( The creation of Police Scotland, the delays to the new Sick Kids in Edinburgh and the children’s ward at St Johns, the scandal of the polluted water in the Glasgow hospital, etc.)

What are the problems that are self inflicted with Police Scotland?

Don't you think that having a Public Enquiry into the hospital problems is potentially facing up to your difficulties?

Which SG shortcomings are the SNP blaming on Westminster?

Why do you think that the excellent care described by Roxy would be  "true whichever party had a majority at Holyrood." when the SNHS outperforms the service delivered in the other UK countries? 

1 minute ago, weehammy said:

Try lying dying when your car has run off the road and see how long till PS show up.

A belated public enquiry that has been forced by media, campaigners and opposition parties.

The excellent care was actually described by me. It came from dedicated health professionals and had nothing to do with the SNP.

Even the blessed Nicola was forced to admit shortcomings in her Andrew Neil interview.

Nobody denies shortcomings but how stupid is it to praise the good bits of nhs care and deny that the SNP has any responsibility for that whilst simultaneously attributing the shortcomings to the SNP. 

This is the quote from Roxy regarding care which you commented on and added to  "I just get fed up with the lazy propaganda. The SNHS has also been great as I did have cancer and the surgeon was an amazing man. My wife also had a benign lump removed by a top surgeon."

Nicola didn't have to admit anything. NHS performance indicators are in the public domain and cannot realistically be denied.

Of course the problem has to be identified and attempts to sort the problems carrried out before you initiate a Public Enquiry. I have to say that the Media, campaigners and opposition parties did not do a very good job of pressing for a P E as many of the SNP's most vocal detractors on here did not even know that a PE had been started. Did you too not fall into that category?

I fail to see how somebody dying in an unnoticed upturned car can be blamed on the reorganisation of Police Scotland. It looks like a policing error of which there are many pre or post PS. I can remember an elderly man found dead in his garden at the Maybury. I think the police visited the house looking for him as a missing person 3 times and missed him. If you are going to make the SG accountable for every operational shortfall then no politician would survive in any ministerial job beyond dinner time.

The blessed Nicola, Jimmy Krankie, Mr Potato Head stuff is demeaning surely you can do better than that.

4 hours ago, coconut doug said:

praise the good bits of nhs care and deny that the SNP has any responsibility for that whilst simultaneously attributing the shortcomings to the SNP. 

Exactly. That’s when you just lose interest in the debate, I find. Becomes obvious that it’s pointless arguing further.

Dear Labour voters, if you want your vote to count, vote SNP and you could still have a labour government.

Feck the Tories!

5 hours ago, weehammy said:

Try lying dying when your car has run off the road and see how long till PS show up.

A belated public enquiry that has been forced by media, campaigners and opposition parties.

The excellent care was actually described by me. It came from dedicated health professionals and had nothing to do with the SNP.

Even the blessed Nicola was forced to admit shortcomings in her Andrew Neil interview.

Forced? 

How's Boris, is he still blaming JC for the recent terror attack. Can't be his Party's fault, as he's only be office for a hunner n thertie days.(JC has never been in office) Aye, But he was in the the Labour Party(And you were in the Tory Party/Government) No, I was London Mayor, wisnae me.

Stick to giving pole dancers a hand up for a hand up. 

Anyway, anymair articles by Boris coming oot the day. About, maybe Pakistanis? Scots? The working poor? Plebs? Letterboxes? Muslims? Jews?

What do you mean, Jews? That's right I forgot, it's just Labour who are the racists, xenophobic bigots. Oh and the SNP for wanting Scotland to run Scotland. Brexit, Anyone?????

And where is Rees-Mogg these days?

FTT!!!

14 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

Ron will be tactically and encouraging everyone voting to make himself and his mates poorer. You can’t help stupid. 😁

Where you been hiding? Only time I see you nowadays is when Mr L is ripping you to pieces on Facebook.

15 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

EKcvc3bX0AAOwx4-01.jpeg

EKcvc3bX0AAOwx4-01.jpeg

Oh dear 

7 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Exactly. That’s when you just lose interest in the debate, I find. Becomes obvious that it’s pointless arguing further.

It seems very few Tories are able to see the double standards they apply. If they did they wouldn't be Tories.

As per usual, I wasn't planning on voting but I'll probably do whatever the wife does. I don't pay attention to politics and have little interest in it, so I have no idea what I'm voting for.

17 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

EKcvc3bX0AAOwx4-01.jpeg

Rather you than me! Did someone really change their name to Mark Brexit-Smith? 😁

21 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

As per usual, I wasn't planning on voting but I'll probably do whatever the wife does. I don't pay attention to politics and have little interest in it, so I have no idea what I'm voting for.

https://uk.isidewith.com/political-quiz

Do that. Only takes 5 minutes and will give you a decent idea of which party best matches you. It doesn't include SNP in the results unfortunately, but if you score high with the Greens and Liberals, and also support Independence, then SNP will likely be a good match for you.

22 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I thought the speaker went unopposed?

It's not the law, but are generally unopposed by the major parties. Hence dobmisterdobsters pain and how it's only wallopers standing against her.

From Parliament's website:

"Speakers still stand in general elections. They are generally unopposed by the major political parties, who will not field a candidate in the Speaker's constituency. During a general election, Speakers do not campaign on any political issues but simply stand as 'the Speaker seeking re-election'."

18 hours ago, weehammy said:

Good to hear your family are at uni where I spent much of my career. Hope your own treatment has been successful. My family have also benefitted from excellent care in SNHS facilities from dedicated staff. I’m sure all of that would have been true whichever party had a majority at Holyrood. My gripe with the SNP is that the speed with which they blame Westminster for so much contrasts sharply with their reluctance to own up to their various self-inflicted problems.

( The creation of Police Scotland, the delays to the new Sick Kids in Edinburgh and the children’s ward at St Johns, the scandal of the polluted water in the Glasgow hospital, etc.)

They deserve credit and should be held to account when necessary. I trust them more than any other party to oversee all things within the Scottish Government's remit. The thought of Davidson, Leonard or Rennie being responsible for anything in Scotland really is a scary prospect. I wouldn't be surprised if there are underhand tactics going on within the establishment to undermine the SNP. There's enough takers! 

On 02/12/2019 at 10:31, Ray Gin said:

Who has the best chance of keeping the Tories out?

Check here: https://tactical.vote/

I’m in Hannah Bardell’s constituency but the labour candidate seems supportive of Corbyn and his position on the political spectrum. 

It’s a tough one as I think Hannah Bardell has done a good job.

I want Scottish independence but also voted to leave (although wasn’t a particularly ardent leave voter) so many things to consider.

From a personal point of view, I would be much better off (financially at least) voting Conservative, but I would rather shave my balls and take a bath in vinegar than do that. 

I don’t support any political party, they are all idiots but i’ll vote SNP until we get Independence, then I hope they feck off, along with the branch offices of Labour, the Tories and the Lib Dem’s, into oblivion. 

Can't understand why people vote for parties that turn on their own candidates who have been long standing members and oust them. Makes you wonder how they would accomplish  doing their policies.

Labour for me. My seat is pretty much neck and neck between SNP and the Tories but I really can't be bothered with either of them so I'll have my vote and everyone else can do as they wish 

14 hours ago, Parahandy said:

Can't understand why people vote for parties that turn on their own candidates who have been long standing members and oust them. Makes you wonder how they would accomplish  doing their policies.

Examples?

HeartOfWestLothian

Labour for me, already voted for Caitlin Kane to represent Livingston. 

Each to their own but it makes me sad how people can vote Conservatives, especially with someone like Boris Johnson their leader. 

4 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

Why is Indy ok but Brexit isn't?

I didn't say it wasn't. Only voted remain to spark Indyref2. Nordic pact and EFTA for me, post Indy. 

Edited by ri Alban

54 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I just can't get my head around why folk would want to vote for Johnson/Tories.

Brainwashed by Tory TV (aka the BBC).

I suspect many actually wouldn't score highest for Conservatives if they did this survey:

https://voteforpolicies.org.uk/

My results:

Untitled-1.jpg

Tories didn't register a single point for me on any of their policies.

Nationwide results have them down in 4th place, Scottish results have them 5th! 

https://voteforpolicies.org.uk/survey/results/5ADj3AncL1Q3sKuk#/total-results

chuck berrys hairline

Voted SNP last time, Tory this time. In protest at Brexit vote not getting upheld what is democracy then if everything is revotes here on in because someone disagrees with the result. Plus Sturgeons cringeworthy asf 

32 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

I suspect many actually wouldn't score highest for Conservatives if they did this survey:

My results:

Untitled-1.jpg

Me either.

A very balanced set of results for me.

Screenshot 2019-12-05 at 09.26.31.png

7 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

My results:

Untitled-1.jpg

71.4 SNP, 14.3 Scottish Greens and 14.3 The Brexit party ::facepaw::

8 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

FB-IMG-1575533929197.jpg

The EU can influence domestic policies in all those areas. The direct effect of EU regulations and of EU treaties limit the freedoms of its member states' to do as they please in many areas, especially trade, the economy and, for eurozone members, currency. Otherwise a common single market, tariff zone and other areas of common policy in the EU would not work.

I'm pro-EU. But that Yes Scotland thing is something which irritates me quite a bit. 

All for an informed debate. Not that stuff.

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

71.4 SNP, 14.3 Scottish Greens and 14.3 The Brexit party ::facepaw::

:D Get your non-refundable contribution to the Brexit Party in now - they need candidates!

2 hours ago, redjambo said:

:D Get your non-refundable contribution to the Brexit Party in now - they need candidates!

How does he get away with this. Unbelievable.

On 02/12/2019 at 21:29, dobmisterdobster said:

I live in England and I have already sent my postal vote off for Boris Johnson's Conservative Party.

Heard this is post strike😂🤣

scottish_chicP
On 03/12/2019 at 17:09, jambo89 said:

I’m in Hannah Bardell’s constituency but the labour candidate seems supportive of Corbyn and his position on the political spectrum. 

It’s a tough one as I think Hannah Bardell has done a good job.

I want Scottish independence but also voted to leave (although wasn’t a particularly ardent leave voter) so many things to consider.

From a personal point of view, I would be much better off (financially at least) voting Conservative, but I would rather shave my balls and take a bath in vinegar than do that. 

I am also in Hannah's constituency. I will be voting for her again 👍

On 05/12/2019 at 00:06, Zlatanable said:

Why is Indy ok but Brexit isn't?

The fact that the EU account for 11% of The governance of the UK and Westminster accounts for something ridiculous over 50% makes a bit of a difference imo.

Is it rude to ask what age everyone is on this thread? Those who have posted obviously... I’d be interested to see what the demographics are on this.

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Is it rude to ask what age everyone is on this thread? Those who have posted obviously... I’d be interested to see what the demographics are on this.

I'm 58 and SNP. Who else is there? Used to be Labour and would vote for a right wing party when we become self governing. 

Just now, Roxy Hearts said:

I'm 58 and SNP. Who else is there? Used to be Labour and would vote for a right wing party when we become self governing. 

Cheers. I’m 40. I also used to be Labour. I am SNP all the way to independence. Not a chance I’d vote for a right wing party after that though. Do you mind if I ask why you would?

10 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Cheers. I’m 40. I also used to be Labour. I am SNP all the way to independence. Not a chance I’d vote for a right wing party after that though. Do you mind if I ask why you would?o

I don't mean Ruth Davidson type, nutters. Adam Smith wealth creation and spread to the people with a strong welfare state governed by a party we voted for. I would accept any party that the people voted for in an independent Scotland as that's their will. That doesn't happen just now as we get what England wants. That's the point for me. 

On 02/12/2019 at 13:13, John Findlay said:

Dont care. What I put in a poll is meaningless. Where I put my X on Dec 12th is what matters.

Why open a thread called Who Are You Voting For?

6 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

It is a bit rude. 

Why is it rude? 

I’ve never understood why it’s rude to ask people their age particularly in this situation.

I’m 30 and will vote for SNP or Labour