Who are you voting for?

Nobreath

Who are you voting for?  

302 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you planning on voting for?

• SNP
    • Labour
    • Conservative
    • Lib Dems
    • Green Party
    • Brexit Party
    • Another
    • Not decided yet
    • Nobody

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 22:00

Just now, IronJambo said:

That's hilarious. Jo Swinson was adamant she was scrapping it because it was "wrong". 

I'm a natural Lib Dem (apart from also now wanting Scottish independence - I'm a complicated guy ;)) but am not a fan of Jo Swinson's. She's not the demon some on here have made out, but I don't think she has what it takes to run a country or head a party. The fact she was in charge when they came up with the Revoke Article 50 policy speaks volumes. I can see why they did it - in order to put clear water between them and the other parties, but given the result of the EU referendum, it was a no-go in my opinion. I'm glad they're seeing sense now, but they'll need to get their act together in the future. That policy should never have got past the "sounding out" stages.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• redjambo

• ri Alban

• Ray Gin

• Beast Boy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ricardo Shillyshally

Already put my cross in the Tory box. It speaks volumes of the SNPs hateful approach and Labours  ineptness that even with a clown like Boris in charge they are still a better option.

There was. Lib Dem option too but I assumed that was there for the shits and giggles

Edited by Ricardo Shillyshally

Jambof3tornado
6 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Already put my cross in the Tory box. It speaks volumes of the SNPs hateful approach and Labours  ineptness that even with a clown like Boris in charge they are still a better option.

There was. Lib Dem option too but I assumed that was there for the shits and giggles

Just about sums me up.

2 hours ago, weehammy said:

About 80 participants. Hugely representative of all JKB posters and ‘the majority of Scottish football fans’.

Little wonder the Scottish Government’s stewardship of education comes in for criticism.

There have been numerous polls on loads of different teams message boards plus pie and Bovril and all, apart from one obvious one, show a large majority supporting SNP/independence. 

1 minute ago, XB52 said:

There have been numerous polls on loads of different teams message boards plus pie and Bovril and all, apart from one obvious one, show a large majority supporting SNP/independence. 

Gives me some hope for the intelligence of the Scottish people, that. Hope you are correct.

2 hours ago, Bauld said:

I disagree.

The entire nation should stay in their houses and refuse to cast a single vote until the parties start acting for their public and not their own selfish desires.

The whole system is a broken mess.

I haven't seen anything from any party that makes me want to put a mark next to their name.

The options on the sheet for voting should read "shower of lying *******s 1,2,3,4" 

That's why I think voting should be compulsory. 

If you don't like the candidates you should be able to abstain stating the reason on the ballot paper.

The abstainers would likely win☺

44 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Just out of pure interest (honestly), what do you consider to be a "large majority" as opposed to just a majority? Do you consider, for example, the results of this poll so far to show the SNP to have gained a large majority of JKB members' votes?

Also out of pure interest, are you that interested in politics that you have been going on to other teams' fans forums just to find out how their members are planning to vote at the forthcoming election? Each to their own and all that, but, if so, what motivates you to do that?

14 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Just out of pure interest (honestly), what do you consider to be a "large majority" as opposed to just a majority? Do you consider, for example, the results of this poll so far to show the SNP to have gained a large majority of JKB members' votes?

Also out of pure interest, are you that interested in politics that you have been going on to other teams' fans forums just to find out how their members are planning to vote at the forthcoming election? Each to their own and all that, but, if so, what motivates you to do that?

On the polls on other message boards, these were from the 2014 independence vote. Percentages were mainly above 70% apart from the blue bigots obviously. I would say over 60% is a big majority. 

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

On the polls on other message boards, these were from the 2014 independence vote. Percentages were mainly above 70% apart from the blue bigots obviously. I would say over 60% is a big majority. 

Here speaks a guru of truth,and enlightenment, with no bias in any way...

Edited by Del Monty

2 hours ago, Del Monty said:

Here speaks a guru of truth,and enlightenment, with no bias in any way...

Are you JKBs irony enforcement Grandmaster.

14 hours ago, weehammy said:

About 80 participants. Hugely representative of all JKB posters and ‘the majority of Scottish football fans’.

Little wonder the Scottish Government’s stewardship of education comes in for criticism.

Most folk were probably educated prior to the SNP being in power when we had rancid Labour and Tory governments responsible for education. I'm 58.

10 hours ago, XB52 said:

Yup, 60% seems reasonable as a "large majority" in my eyes too.

Interestingly, the Cambridge English Dictionary describes a "majority" as "in an election, the difference in the number of votes between the winning person or group and the one that comes second", which makes me look a bit foolish given that I was considering here the majority to be the difference between the SNP vote and all the other votes combined. I would call what the CED describes as the "majority" as being the "winning margin". Anyway, taking the CED definition, "large majority" would probably be an understatement in this particular case!

Personally, and I hope you don't mind me saying so, I don't place too much emphasis and trust on online polls due to vote stuffing. I'm more interested in the opinions and explanations of individuals as to why they voted a particular way in the poll. However, for an oldie like me, I am certainly impressed at the resurgence of support for the SNP in recent years as compared to years ago when they were firmly a minority party.

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

Interestingly, the Cambridge English Dictionary describes a "majority" as "in an election, the difference in the number of votes between the winning person or group and the one that comes second", which makes me look a bit foolish given that I was considering here the majority to be the difference between the SNP vote and all the other votes combined. I would call what the CED describes as the "majority" as being the "winning margin". Anyway, taking the CED definition, "large majority" would probably be an understatement in this particular case!

Personally, and I hope you don't mind me saying so, I don't place too much emphasis and trust on online polls due to vote stuffing. I'm more interested in the opinions and explanations of individuals as to why they voted a particular way in the poll. However, for an oldie like me, I am certainly impressed at the resurgence of support for the SNP in recent years as compared to years ago when they were firmly a minority party.

Thanks for the very reasonable reply, a rarity in here (yes I'm including myself in that). Can't argue about the reliability of polls although election results have led to the SNP being the biggest party in the last decade.

I'm voting SNP inspite of my candidate being Kenny MacAskill.   

I wish I was sending the charlatan to the Falklands not Westminster. 

Ainsley Harriott
1 minute ago, Dirty Deeds said:

Imagine choosing to put that guy into a seat hes the worst of worst. 

1 hour ago, Irufushi said:

SNP slosh it up here . I’ll stick to not bothering.

If everyone thinks that way the Tories could slither in and steal the seat. 

1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

It's a private poll. 

Dont care. What I put in a poll is meaningless. Where I put my X on Dec 12th is what matters.

34 minutes ago, Dirty Deeds said:

I thought he'd chucked it.

4 hours ago, jambo89 said:

Heart says labour, head says SNP.

Will probably decide when I’m in the box.

This. I want to vote labour, but they won't give me independence.

42 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Green Party. Climate is the big issue of the days and the rest of the parties are utter dicks.

not really- we need a party capable of bringing China/INdia/ USA on board re climate change , or our efforts are pointless

5 hours ago, redjambo said:

Even as little as twenty years ago people were conditioned to believe such nonsense as "Scotland isn't big enough to survive on its own", or "The SNP will never get enough votes in Scotland to push for independence". These ridiculous statements just became 'recognised truths' for most people. The idea of either was scoffed at by Scottish people who had been conditioned to believe this. Things are so much better now, and people now ask the questions and do the research themselves, and see that an independent Scotland is not only possible, but it is actually a better option than that which they were conditioned to believe was the only way. It is certainly encouraging, and hopefully we do not have to suffer too long as a Brexited part of the UK before we separate ourselves from the failed union, and rejoin other grown-up EU countries in a union that actually strengthens us.

2 hours ago, weehammy said:

A reasonable point re chronology. However rancid these administrations were, they didn’t preside over the sort of decline seen in the last decade.

In your opinion. We don't manage our economy as the big boys won't let us play. 

1 hour ago, weehammy said:

Should have made it clearer I was referring to decline in education system. 100% devolved.

Going by personal experience, my kids and grandchildren have had and are having a great education also my nieces and nephews. My daughter and niece are at Uni thanks to the SNP. I just get fed up with the lazy propaganda. The SNHS has also been great as I did have cancer and the surgeon was an amazing man. My wife also had a benign lump removed by a top surgeon. They deserve credit when it's due at times. Not always "SNP bad" just for something to snipe at. 

Nucky Thompson

I've voted Lib Dems in Edinburgh West for the last few years to stop the independence obsessed gnats from winning the seat, but their stance on Brexit means they have lost my vote.

I'll be voting Torry for the first time ever

4 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I've voted Lib Dems in Edinburgh West for the last few years to stop the independence obsessed gnats from winning the seat, but their stance on Brexit means they have lost my vote.

Why is Brexit ok, but Indy is not?

2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Interesting post and very clearly the Brexit election.  

FWIW, I think the Tories will romp home in England and get a decent majority.  Based purely on a couple of Remain voting English friends who cannot bring themselves to vote for Corbyn. 

Nucky Thompson
17 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Why is Brexit ok, but Indy is not?

The same way as a lot of People think it's ok to remain in the EU but not in the UK

1 minute ago, dobmisterdobster said:

I live in England and I have already sent my postal vote off for Boris Johnson's Conservative Party.

Because you always vote Tory or because of Brexit?