Sportsound apology

beaver

Stupid Sexy Flanders
5 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Why would they though?  It’s the equivalent of us going mental if some vermin dived to win them a penalty in a game, we would be outraged etc then a couple games later one of ours go down similar, you think anyone would be outraged then?  I get bbc Scotland is meant to be impartial but I think all bets are off when it’s the national side, the audience and presenters all want Scotland to win as a supporter.  Why would they be outraged that someone won Scotland a penalty? It’s the equivalent again of going mental yesterday had that been Scotland disallowed a perfect legit goal but because it assisted Scotland yesterday nobody really cared. 

You've misread my post. 

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Last Laff

• Beast Boy

• martoon

• jake

10 hours ago, qferryjam said:

Tbf to Stewart his beef has been with Levein and he pulled back from criticising  McPhee  and the club too directly , Preston’s comments were bizarre to say the least maybe didnae get as many free pies as he expected last time at tynecastle ,Miller and the rest can GTF , fawning over Gerrard and his team all season and they canny even get through the front door , no one even questions where Rangers money for this title challenge is coming from , and yet they deride the rest of the clubs who have learned to live within their means , not putting up a challenge to richy rich and their bankrupt sidekick

Stewart has slaughtered us for two years mate. Why did Dick Gordon just about slip up last week just about to say ***** McPhee but managed to stop himself in time. With all of them sniggering in the background. He knows nothing about McPhee only what Stewart has been feeding them. 

Guest ToqueJambo
6 hours ago, martoon said:

Chick Young was particularly bad in the early days of Romanov. He did not like the OF status quo being threatened. Particularly as it was his beloved Rangers who came up short. Even Richard Gordon, who has no fondness for Hearts, pulled him up about his glee when we conceded a goal.  

Richard Gordon has whined a few times about him and his mates being chased out of the Gorgie Road End on the opening day of the '78/79. Aberdeen went 1-2 ahead before HT, the Gorgie Aggro were displeased and chased them out the ground. They had to leave. Gives me a warm glow just picturing it. 

Allan Preston, "the voice of Hearts" on Sportsound (try not to laugh) claimed he'd played his part in the Hibs 22. In truth, he was a late sub in one game. We lost wee Crabbo and got him, ffs. 

Liam McLeod, randomly starts shouting during commentaries for no apparent reason. Still mentions 5-1 for no apparent reason too, so I'll give him the b of the d. 

Pat Bonnar's participation is sickening. License fee dough to a guy who believes he's on Celtic tv/radio. In a Europa tie earlier this season he actually accused the ref of colluding with the opposition's captain as they left the field at half time. Suggested, too, that there was some cross border shenanigans going on. All designed to cheat poor Celtic. 

Willie Miller, Billy Dodds, Michael Stewart, sideways Fergie...can any other programme, tv or radio, boast such a cretinous cast? 

Chick Young regularly described employees of Romanov, perfectly decent folk like Serg Fedotovas, as "henchmen". He laughed on air at Malofeyev who, while obviously being old school and in a job he wasn't suited for, still had an absolutely fantastic career as a player and manager behind him.

Young reduced him to the level of a bumbling clown. Total joke so this is nothing new for the BBC. It's also ironic as Young used to present a show - Chick Young's World of Football - when he looked at European football and profiled colourful characters around the world, and pretended to be this cultured, worldly football man. When one of the most interesting characters in Europe pitches up in Scotland he lampoons him.

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

A strong fightback and a storming end to the season to claim a European spot would cause much mirth around here.

Especially if we were to pip Aberdeen on the final day of the season.

We are already 13 points behind them and have won only 2 league matches. It’s about time we realised where we are in this league!! We won’t be competing for Europe yet again this season because we allowed that clown of a manager to start the season in charge!!! 
We are looking at mid table at best yet again. 

36 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Chick Young regularly described employees of Romanov, perfectly decent folk like Serg Fedotovas, as "henchmen". He laughed on air at Malofeyev who, while obviously being old school and in a job he wasn't suited for, still had an absolutely fantastic career as a player and manager behind him.

Young reduced him to the level of a bumbling clown. Total joke so this is nothing new for the BBC. It's also ironic as Young used to present a show - Chick Young's World of Football - when he looked at European football and profiled colourful characters around the world, and pretended to be this cultured, worldly football man. When one of the most interesting characters in Europe pitches up in Scotland he lampoons him.

My favourite footage on Facebook is the re-run of Chick’s interview with Walter Smith in the Ibrox tunnel when Wattie absolutely destroyed the wee scrote!

Ford Prentice
1 hour ago, berrasbraw said:

Stewart has slaughtered us for two years mate. Why did Dick Gordon just about slip up last week just about to say ***** McPhee but managed to stop himself in time. With all of them sniggering in the background. He knows nothing about McPhee only what Stewart has been feeding them. 

Stewart stood up for McPhee. It was that numptie Alan Preston who's been slagging him off. Preston, Miller and Gordon all need emptied. As someone posted earlier, get the Terrace lads in.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Ford Prentice said:

Stewart stood up for McPhee. It was that numptie Alan Preston who's been slagging him off. Preston, Miller and Gordon all need emptied. As someone posted earlier, get the Terrace lads in.

Yep. Let Preston, Miller and the other goons do the Open All Mics stuff and give others the microphone to do the analysis and review stuff that requires a bit more research, balance and, let's be honest, intelligence. Cosgrove, Cowan, English (or why do we never hear Ewan Murray, Patullo, even Aidan Smith the Hibbee b****** on the radio?), and the Terrace lads or one or two of them, would be a better combo than the usual suspects. 

Doctor FinnBarr
8 hours ago, martoon said:

Chick Young was particularly bad in the early days of Romanov. He did not like the OF status quo being threatened. Particularly as it was his beloved Rangers who came up short. Even Richard Gordon, who has no fondness for Hearts, pulled him up about his glee when we conceded a goal.  

Richard Gordon has whined a few times about him and his mates being chased out of the Gorgie Road End on the opening day of the '78/79. Aberdeen went 1-2 ahead before HT, the Gorgie Aggro were displeased and chased them out the ground. They had to leave. Gives me a warm glow just picturing it. 

Allan Preston, "the voice of Hearts" on Sportsound (try not to laugh) claimed he'd played his part in the Hibs 22. In truth, he was a late sub in one game. We lost wee Crabbo and got him, ffs. 

Liam McLeod, randomly starts shouting during commentaries for no apparent reason. Still mentions 5-1 for no apparent reason too, so I'll give him the b of the d. 

Pat Bonnar's participation is sickening. License fee dough to a guy who believes he's on Celtic tv/radio. In a Europa tie earlier this season he actually accused the ref of colluding with the opposition's captain as they left the field at half time. Suggested, too, that there was some cross border shenanigans going on. All designed to cheat poor Celtic. 

Willie Miller, Billy Dodds, Michael Stewart, sideways Fergie...can any other programme, tv or radio, boast such a cretinous cast? 

Not sure that actually happened as the segregation fences were up by then, I'm calling him out for spaffing bullshit (again) 

Horatio Caine
47 minutes ago, Ford Prentice said:

Preston, Miller and Gordon have the safest jobs in journalism (if you can call it that)

Edited by Horatio Caine

Guest ToqueJambo
9 hours ago, martoon said:

Is that for real 😂 Aberdeen had some pretty serious casuals of their own back in those days. Selective reporting again from Mr Gordon.

Doctor FinnBarr
10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Is that for real 😂 Aberdeen had some pretty serious casuals of their own back in those days. Selective reporting again from Mr Gordon.

See my post 2 back

3 hours ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

You've misread my post. 

Sorry on follow follow the now I’ll check it again tomorrow mate. 

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

See my post 2 back

BBC should do a Rochard Gordon biopic and recreate the scene. There'd be lots of volunteers to chase him down Gorgie Road.

Doctor FinnBarr
9 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

BBC should do a Rochard Gordon biopic and recreate the scene. There'd be lots of volunteers to chase him down Gorgie Road.

Bloody right

2 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Not sure that actually happened as the segregation fences were up by then, I'm calling him out for spaffing bullshit (again) 

44 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Definitely true. 

I was at the Aberdeen game on the opening day (ended up 1-4) and there was no official segregation and a lot of crowd trouble. 

Our next home game was v. Hibs. I was only 10yo and deemed to young to attend by my dad, but it was the last derby/cat A game that didn't have segregation. The trouble when Hibs equalized late on was the final straw, apparently. 

40 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

31 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Bloody right

Count me in. 

Doctor FinnBarr
52 minutes ago, martoon said:

Definitely true. 

I was at the Aberdeen game on the opening day (ended up 1-4) and there was no official segregation and a lot of crowd trouble. 

Our next home game was v. Hibs. I was only 10yo and deemed to young to attend by my dad, but it was the last derby/cat A game that didn't have segregation. The trouble when Hibs equalized late on was the final straw, apparently. 

Sorry mate but your wrong, the fences were already up when we beat Airdrie to win the 1st Division about 78ish

6 hours ago, Horatio Caine said:

Preston, Miller and Gordon have the safest jobs in journalism (if you can call it that)

“Bomb-proof”.

3 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Sorry mate but your wrong, the fences were already up when we beat Airdrie to win the 1st Division about 78ish

That was the following season 79-80. @martoon has good memory

5 hours ago, martoon said:

Definitely true. 

Was that Hibs game the one where some cretin cop boss decided to give them the shed? Taking it back was fun😁

3 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Fences went up after the Hibs debacle. Airdrie was 1980. 

9 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

My favourite footage on Facebook is the re-run of Chick’s interview with Walter Smith in the Ibrox tunnel when Wattie absolutely destroyed the wee scrote!

One of the other ones I like is when st mirren were playing rangers and he was claiming he was a st mirren fan. St mirren took the lead and the camera panned to him and his face was tripping him something rotten

SectionDJambo

It seems that these goons have maybe gone too far this time. Criticism when justified, and given with respect, is one thing. Behaving like the playground gang, name calling and just being an idiot is another.

No doubt, if or when they get a reaction on their next jolly to Tynecastle, they’ll have a greet about the bad things said about them. 

Horatio Caine
27 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I've been calling out Prick Gordon for years on here. Feckin Uncle Tom sheep shagging mhank sphincter rimming arsepiece. 

The twat faced drip should get it tight next time he parks his arse in Tynecastle. 

Ah...good to hear from you Jonno.  Not lost any of your eloquence thankfully.

42 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I've been calling out Prick Gordon for years on here. Feckin Uncle Tom sheep shagging mhank sphincter rimming arsepiece. 

The twat faced drip should get it tight next time he parks his arse in Tynecastle. 

Why do you always sit on the fence🤣🤣🤣🤣

20 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

**** Sportsound. **** their apology. **** BBC Scotland. **** the BBC Scotland Aberdeen Supporters Club.

And especially **** Willie Miller. The bald-headed ****nugget.

Indeed. 

macphee.png

...a bit disco

Called Preston out on here a few years ago and got dogs abuse for criticising a Hearts fan basically.

'Below average footballer found out for what he is' shocker.

Edited by ...a bit disco

14 hours ago, Gizmo said:

And that allows for the gaggle of unprofessional wankers to:
Rip the piss out of MacPhee's appearance.
Nearly refer to him, on-air, as "***** MacPhee".
Have Willie Miller taking the piss at our stated ambitions of competing for Europa League, as if only the old firm and Aberdeen are worthy and Hearts are an uppity St Midden or of similar stature?

NONE of this has anything to do with our current position, it's just downright disrespectful to individuals and to us as a club.

They ain't much better overall in terms of professionalism or insight, but towards us they often go far further than they would dare with the old firm, their beloved Aberdeen or their wee pet Hibs. 

By no means am I defending Sportsound. It's an amateur production.

14 hours ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Whilst I don't disagree with you, have you heard them putting the boot into Hibs and their league position?

Frankly, I don't care what they have to say about Hibs.

1 hour ago, ...a bit disco said:

Called Preston out on here a few years ago and got dogs abuse for criticising a Hearts fan basically.

'Below average footballer found out for what he is' shocker.

"Lives and breathes the club" tho... wank

Just now, Darren said:

Quite. It doesn’t concern me what they say about Hibs, or anyone else for that matter.

Have a go at us and expect it back twofold.

Arseholes.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Over 25 years ago, me and my mate nicknamed him "Useless", only once, opener in SC semi, were we wrong.

He still fits the moniker to the day

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Over 25 years ago, me and my mate nicknamed him "Useless", only once, opener in SC semi, were we wrong.

He still fits the moniker to the day

Never took to him as a player. As a radio pundit hes the aural equivalent of a magic eye poster. You have to concentrate hard to understand the picture he is trying to show you, and invariably when you finally make sense of it, it's a huge disappointment and wasn't worth the effort.

...a bit disco
13 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

"Solid Hertz fan likes" too.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Never took to him as a player. As a radio pundit hes the aural equivalent of a magic eye poster. You have to concentrate hard to understand the picture he is trying to show you, and invariably when you finally make sense of it, it's a huge disappointment and wasn't worth the effort.

In some ways, he is largely culpable. He has made it acceptable to the cronies to put the boot in and mock. A bitter fat ****

13 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

In some ways, he is largely culpable. He has made it acceptable to the cronies to put the boot in and mock. A bitter fat ****

No two ways about it. Hearts supporter pundit who is in 'the club', so he will always drive an agenda that looks after his mates. Clearly Austin ain't in that club. Similar to a supporter slinking around hospitality and thinking that pallying up to former players or managers somehow makes them more of an authority to abuse current incumbents.

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, Darren said:

I couldn't give a toss, either, what they say or don't say about Hibs, but the double standards tell me all I need to know.

4 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Don’t sugar coat it Jonno - say what you think!

11 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Sorry mate but your wrong, the fences were already up when we beat Airdrie to win the 1st Division about 78ish

6 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Was that Hibs game the one where some cretin cop boss decided to give them the shed? Taking it back was fun😁

Not sure, bud. As I said, I wasn't at the Hibs game but I would imagine taking the shed back would have fun and something that simply had to be done. :lol:

7 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

That was the following season 79-80. @martoon has good memory

Only when it comes to Hearts, though. Stuff like birthdays, anniversaries...not so much.

:hang:

Worthing Jambo
1 hour ago, martoon said:

Not sure, bud. As I said, I wasn't at the Hibs game but I would imagine taking the shed back would have fun and something that simply had to be done. :lol:

They didn’t have the shed.

They had the school end up to about where the shed started.

There was a line of police in between.

A police helmet chucked in the air was the signal for it all to kick off.

15 minutes ago, Worthing Jambo said:

They didn’t have the shed.

They had the school end up to about where the shed started.

There was a line of police in between.

A police helmet chucked in the air was the signal for it all to kick off.

Ahh, the long lost sport of police hat flinging.

I remember there was a lot of it at Parkhead in 1983. Even the jungle cheered every time one was launched in the Hearts end. 

Worthing Jambo
31 minutes ago, martoon said:

Ahh, the long lost sport of police hat flinging.

I remember there was a lot of it at Parkhead in 1983. Even the jungle cheered every time one was launched in the Hearts end. 

At Tynecastle, Inspector Johnson had a long running battle with the home fans.

Until one day, he stopped sending his colleagues in and the sport stopped.

He took great satisfaction guarding the Scottish Cup in 98 though!

The Hogfather

I did like the part where Willie MIller tried to claim Allan Preston knows anything about the goings on inside Tynecastle, only to be taken apart by O’Neill. 

33 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Sorry, was mixing up promotion seasons I think

Easily done, bud. There were lots of 2nd tier seasons at the time. 

1 hour ago, Worthing Jambo said:

At Tynecastle, Inspector Johnson had a long running battle with the home fans.

Until one day, he stopped sending his colleagues in and the sport stopped.

He took great satisfaction guarding the Scottish Cup in 98 though!

Last time I remember it happening in the shed was 1982. The "failed to get promotion" riot. Don't recall any major incidents after that. Just the wild celebrations which probably answers its own question. Happier times=happier fans. 

I stand corrected though i do remember it being mental. A wall of cops between both sets then a charge through the shed. Naughty naughty but in those days there was more fun on the terracing than on the pitch most of the time. 

Seymour M Hersh
7 hours ago, Boab said:

Quite. It doesn’t concern me what they say about Hibs, or anyone else for that matter.

Have a go at us and expect it back twofold.

Arseholes.

How exactly do we manage that when they have a national broadcaster platform and an audience of thousands?