Sportsound apology

beaver

number witheld
4 minutes ago, parwj said:

Michael O’Neill put miller in his place on sportsound during the week. And the immature comments on sport scene last week because Austin was wearing a suit. (Due to the fact he was attending the Big Hearts event) from Sutherland and co 

O’Neill totally owned miller thru the week. Miller came across as he usually does, a dinosaur. 

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Last Laff

• Beast Boy

• martoon

• jake

avhudtheteeshirt

A few years back when we playing Killie away, I emailed BBC Scotland at halftime about their total biased reporting of the game and name calling of Hearts players in certain challenges.

When the second half started you could hear a distinct difference in the reference to Hearts players!

Maybe its time more people got on their case and not let them away with what they think is acceptable!!!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I love that expression. 😄

I'm less keen on your suggestion to send Gordon back North  :lol:

Hoping its Warnock now. He will get right on their tits

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Why should he? I doubt it haunts his dreams or anything like that. Quite right to cast up Gordon’s disgraceful comments that he wouldn’t have made about an aberdeen or old firm player. Entirely relevant. 

Too true.

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I'm less keen on your suggestion to send Gordon back North  :lol:

Hoping its Warnock now. He will get right on their tits

Fair enough... how about the Outer Hebrides? 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Much more like it

👍

Coburg Hearts
4 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

What better place for an utter rocket than a rocket range in Benbecula.

20 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

What better place for an utter rocket than a rocket range in Benbecula.

Agreed. Either that or Ascension Island. 

Coburg Hearts
7 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Agreed. Either that or Ascension Island. 

I raise you Devil's Island

Guest ToqueJambo

The heat coming off those massive, industrial-strength riddies for everyone in that studio must be quite something. Although listening to Miller and co defend themselves the other day, I imagine this will just mean O'Neill will be proven right when he said McPhee won't get a chance from the media if he gets the job.

3 hours ago, Paolo said:

Did Richard Gordon ever apologise for his bigoted and xenophobic rant about Milo, when he old him that he should go back home?

Absolute disgrace the way the Lithuanians were treated by the press in general in a xenophobic manner.

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Why should he? I doubt it haunts his dreams or anything like that. Quite right to cast up Gordon’s disgraceful comments that he wouldn’t have made about an aberdeen or old firm player. Entirely relevant. 

If the player played for any country that dived against Scotland I’m sure the same comment would have been made out with Glasgow.  Miko gave us some belting moments, who cares what some tube on the radio said years ago? Disgraceful at the time because he was our player and like you presume I care about hearts more than Scotland but in the grand scheme of things it wouldn’t even register on a list of gripes let alone bring it up ten years later. 

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The heat coming off those massive, industrial-strength riddies for everyone in that studio must be quite something. Although listening to Miller and co defend themselves the other day, I imagine this will just mean O'Neill will be proven right when he said McPhee won't get a chance from the media if he gets the job.

I dont want McPhee but Hearts should publicly tell that lot they are not welcome.

1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

If the player played for any country that dived against Scotland I’m sure the same comment would have been made out with Glasgow.  Miko gave us some belting moments, who cares what some tube on the radio said years ago? Disgraceful at the time because he was our player and like you presume I care about hearts more than Scotland but in the grand scheme of things it wouldn’t even register on a list of gripes let alone bring it up ten years later. 

It might have been ten years ago but the same shite still goes on.

Mikos treatment was brutal and if he had been black and told to go home Gordon would have been emptied.

Still angers me .

Miko getting a 6 game ban for rightly being pissed of at the Andy Davis game.

That nearly stopped me going to the football because of the blatant cheating.

Just now, jake said:

Absolute disgrace the way the Lithuanians were treated by the press in general in a xenophobic manner.

Agreed, Jake. All because Vlad wouldn’t dance to their tune. Nuts and bananas were too good for them !

Ricardo Shillyshally

Those arseholes didn't sound very contrite on Tuesday night when they were trying to justify their comments to Michael O'Neill.

Ricardo Shillyshally

Those arseholes didn't sound very contrite on Tuesday night when they were trying to justify their comments to Michael O'Neill.

40 minutes ago, jake said:

It might have been ten years ago but the same shite still goes on.

Mikos treatment was brutal and if he had been black and told to go home Gordon would have been emptied.

Still angers me .

Miko getting a 6 game ban for rightly being pissed of at the Andy Davis game.

That nearly stopped me going to the football because of the blatant cheating.

Why would Miko be told to go home because of his colour? He was told to go back and play in lithuania after diving for Lithuania against Scotland, shocking comment from the prick but people still going on about it years and years later? Really?

”bbc should be ashamed and say sorry re comments about AM”

bbc say sorry

”aye well that’s not good enough, what about another event, when, 12/13 years ago” 

I absolutely guarantee if it was someone like McGeady diving for Ireland to win them a penalty against Scotland there would have been not a thing said on here when the outrage began.  It’s sticking up for one of our own. 

15 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

I think Michael O’Neil coming on made them realise how overboard they went with needless potshots at MacPhee that is well beyond bullying.  Ridiculous they can come out and say what they did and the anger and venom in that ***** Millers gub.  

Weakened Offender
21 minutes ago, Boab said:

Agreed, Jake. All because Vlad wouldn’t dance to their tune. Nuts and bananas were too good for them !

57 minutes ago, jake said:

Bill Leckie was the worst, in my opinion. Scummy behaviour. 

2 hours ago, parwj said:

Michael O’Neill put miller in his place on sportsound during the week. And the immature comments on sport scene last week because Austin was wearing a suit. (Due to the fact he was attending the Big Hearts event) from Sutherland and co 

It really was superb stuff from O’Neill. Allan Preston should be ashamed to call himself a hearts fan with his comments.

Edited by karipidis

gorgie rd eh11
5 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Why would Miko be told to go home because of his colour? He was told to go back and play in lithuania after diving for Lithuania against Scotland, shocking comment from the prick but people still going on about it years and years later? Really?

bbc say sorry

”aye well that’s not good enough, what about another event, when, 12/13 years ago” 

I absolutely guarantee if it was someone like McGeady diving for Ireland to win them a penalty against Scotland there would have been not a thing said on here when the outrage began.  It’s sticking up for one of our own. 

If mcGeady had dived for Ireland against Scotland i can guarantee Gordon and the rest of them would not have been calling for him to be "hounded" out of the country.

3 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

For some reason Richard Gordon has always annoyed me. Just has a bit of a smug/condescending tone. Would love it if he got punted. 

The smarmy little prick came on here and posted a few times in the past also did he not?

1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

To be honest I was more of an expert of getting it up, like you :lol: 

You can get pills for that sort of thing these days :lol:

17 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

If mcGeady had dived for Ireland against Scotland i can guarantee Gordon and the rest of them would not have been calling for him to be "hounded" out of the country.

If he did though would you be so outraged on behalf on the player?  Of course not. 

36 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

I think Michael O’Neil coming on made them realise how overboard they went with needless potshots at MacPhee that is well beyond bullying.  Ridiculous they can come out and say what they did and the anger and venom in that ***** Millers gub.  

Might have been O'Neill that made a complaint 

54 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

bbc say sorry

It wasnt just the dive mate.

It was the general snideness .

And aye maybe it is sticking up for our own.

Happy to be accused of that.

I'm sure a poster on here is was married to a lithuanian and he felt that there was xenophobic shit from the press.

Dunno if you were at the Andy Davis game but it was a flavour of what was to come.

32 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

If he did though would you be so outraged on behalf on the player?  Of course not. 

Duh!!!

Hes a celtic player.

Miko was Hearts.

The point remains never in a million years would the press have rounded on him.

I've always been suspicious of you by the way.

2 hours ago, jake said:

The worst of it came from Fester Road and Hobo officials and players. Trash the whole lot of them.

Edited by OldGorgie

4 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Guys a dick. BBC Sportsound is full of them. Only Tom English is decent. The rest of them I wouldn’t even wipe my arse with

Yeah I was listening to bits and pieces of the build up to the football and they mentioned how the flumps have done it right appointing Ross and how they went about it. It was up to Hearts  to follow suit but there coverage was a token gesture they’re no more interested  in who we appoint this week than they were last.

Perth to Paisley
3 hours ago, parwj said:

Austin wore a suit at Hampden the week before but so what... 

If he wore a trackie they would have said he was being disrespectful to the position!

Bunch of useless tooting annies

gorgie rd eh11
1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

He wouldn't, that's the point.

1 hour ago, jake said:

Duh!!!

Hes a celtic player.

Miko was Hearts.

The point remains never in a million years would the press have rounded on him.

I've always been suspicious of you by the way.

You can’t claim xenophobia for one and not the other just because they play for the club.  You can’t say the press wouldn’t have rounded on any other player had they played in this country and dived in a crucial match against Scotland because it simply hasn’t happened to anyone else.  I was protective of Miko at the time as I don’t have much time for the National side but to bring it up years later claiming there’s some kind of agenda against the club is mental.

Youve always been suspicious of me? **** sake that’s my night ruined mate.  Time to cancel the Indian and just head to sleep now.  You should have kept that to yourself :( 

15 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

He wouldn't, that's the point.

Unless there’s another instance of a player diving against Scotland and nobody said anything then it’s just pure and utter guesswork and paranoia.  

5 hours ago, Coburg Hearts said:

David Francy puts the current crop of commentators to shame, as well.

Spot on one of the best commentators in British football 

2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

You can’t claim xenophobia for one and not the other just because they play for the club.  You can’t say the press wouldn’t have rounded on any other player had they played in this country and dived in a crucial match against Scotland because it simply hasn’t happened to anyone else.  I was protective of Miko at the time as I don’t have much time for the National side but to bring it up years later claiming there’s some kind of agenda against the club is mental.

Youve always been suspicious of me? **** sake that’s my night ruined mate.  Time to cancel the Indian and just head to sleep now.  You should have kept that to yourself :( 

But your Mcgeady one was hypothetical.

Mikos was reality.

The language used by the national press was a disgrace.

It still riles me.

Were you at the Andy Davis game?

Enjoy yer curry .

I am suspicious of you .

Very.

Gordon is a *****. Miko is not a *****. Folk saying otherwise are at it. Especially ones that talk about their "Mrs" on a football forum😂😂😂😂

They can ram it.

Already their next narrative has begun in that we’re somehow lagging behind hibs. All because they appointed that failed Sunderland coach who was a bit overly touchy-feely earlier in his career.

Obviously someone’s had a word in their ear, hence the insincere words today. Make no mistake, they’ve made their position clear with regards HMFC.

They can all **** off and die.