Pressley sacked

JamboSpur

7 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Legend of a man.  Not wanting him as manager though.  He's welcome back as a guest at Tynie anytime however.

100% agree with this.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smiler

• Thomaso

• GinRummy

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A great captain. Clearly an awful manager though. With all factors considered, he'd need to be at least, very good to be welcomed back at Tynecastle. With that being said, he's not worthy of being in the conversation.

5 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

If we did a poll I would confidently predict a large majority would say he is one of our greatest ever captains and welcomed back to the club anytime.  (Not as manager as he’s not a good one).

:gok:

Samuel Camazzola
7 hours ago, busby1985 said:

An eloquent Yogi Hughes. A bigger slaver you will never meet. 

John Collins will forever hold that accolade. 

Don't get the hate, never have, never will.

100% legend. Best captain in half a century. Management doesn't seem to be his thing, which is a shame.

He deserves a half-time appearance more than most who get that honour.  I'd love the spoilt toddlers in our support to get their comeuppance.

Would LOVE Elvis as manager...

...said trolls.

9 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Job for Danny Grainger?

Very possible. Sitting top of the league with Workington just now. All be it in the 8th tier of English football. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, 4marsbars said:

100% legend. Best captain in half a century. Management doesn't seem to be his thing, which is a shame.

He deserves a half-time appearance more than most who get that honour.  I'd love the spoilt toddlers in our support to get their comeuppance.

He’d get booed to feck which would be funny. Soft lads on here crying themselves to sleep.

18 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

He’d get booed to feck which would be funny. Soft lads on here crying themselves to sleep.

How would you rate his performances as defender and captain?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, 4marsbars said:

How would you rate his performances as defender and captain?

Very good. But is clearly a prize *****.

5 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

The chest thump. 😒

That's all certain folk seem to remember. 

He was a brilliant captain, and great player with the club for many years. 

Try not to forget that part as well. 

He loved our club. 

That was very easy to see. 

His chest thump was aimed at Romanov and and he stood up to that nutter when no-one else would, bringing along 2 players that loved the club also. 

Romanov wasn’t even at Tynecastle that day!

And it wasn’t just one chest thump - made captain for the day, running 50 yards for over the top goal celebrations at the Gorgie end, the individual walk down to the Celtic fans for a bit of chest thumping and fist pumping!

Pressley acted like a total arse that day in front Hearts fans who backed him in his protest against Romanov!

All unlike Paul Hartley who returned to Tynecastle with Celtic, and played his game with out any inflammatory behaviour.

Brighton Jambo
6 hours ago, innerjambo said:

:gok:

Ah the standalone image,  the childlike response of the inarticulate and incorrect.  

Edited by Brighton Jambo

20 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

He’s a terrible manager with a terrible record.. no need to even get to the point of discussing his suitability

Correct.

10 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Romanov wasn’t even at Tynecastle that day!

And it wasn’t just one chest thump - made captain for the day, running 50 yards for over the top goal celebrations at the Gorgie end, the individual walk down to the Celtic fans for a bit of chest thumping and fist pumping!

Pressley acted like a total arse that day in front Hearts fans who backed him in his protest against Romanov!

All unlike Paul Hartley who returned to Tynecastle with Celtic, and played his game with out any inflammatory behaviour.

One stupid mistake which he probably regrets now. 

You surely can't deny he was one of our best captains though and he gave 100 per cent and made sure that every other player in the team did. 

He played for the club for years and had the drive and spirit to drag us through games when it was against the odds. 

2005/6 at Brockville we were to 2 nil down, Gordon sent off, he himself scored an og, and he powered the team forward and he scored 2 goals to get a vital point. 

No way do I want him as captain or particularly like the guy because is a bit of an arrogant trumpet. 

In my view though he was a great defender and brilliant captain for the club for years. 

That should not be forgotten and even if people choose to hate his guts the above paragraph should be acknowledged. 

Edited by Robbo-Jambo

8 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Ah the standalone image,  the childlike response of the inarticulate and incorrect.  

Ah the Pressley failure loving deluded. 

2 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Elvis should have been a good manager....but he’s not.

Next up for him is a Dunfermline or something. If he’s lucky.

I would reckon he's more suited to 2nd division or lower. Dunfermline are a decent side, I wouldn't want him anywhere near them.

Салатные палочки

FWIW I don't think we would (or at least I hope we wouldn't) consider the snake purely because his record is not very good at all.  

32 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Is this Sunday school?

Ha, ha. Sorry about that.

Real life, not religion, in my case.

I am just fascinated by how one gesture a man made more than a decade ago has soured people's view of him for ever. I think life's too short for such grievances to persist but many seem to like to hold onto them. That cannot be good for anyone. Some people seem determined to live an unhappy life; who am I to stop them?

Of course, I realise that Pressley is only a pantomime villain, and people don't actually hate him. I just find it incredibly sad that a man who gave so much to the cause, most capped, cup-winning captain (hardly two a penny), etc. never gets invited back, and doesn't get the recognition he richly deserves from us, the fans.

Always a legend in my book. When I remember Pressley, I think his smashed teeth in the 4-0 game sums him up. One of the best days of our lives that was. He played his part.

17 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

this

17 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I find it amusing how someone who left us 13 years ago still riles a few and consumes their energy! 😄 

So do I.

I remember that day against Celtic at Tynie, I remember the seethe afterwards and thought it was quite amusing. Said on here many times over the years that Pressley did make a bit of a fud of himself but in no way did he disrespect the Hearts fans that day. He went to the Celtic fans who, let's not forget, hated him even being there as an ex-Rangers and Hearts player and his mis-guided behaviour actually made im look more foolish than anything else. I was over it by the time i'd got to the car at the end of the match. Whether Romanov was there or not, it was still a get-it-up-ye gesture to him one way or another. He would've been told about it and Pressley didn't go near Hearts fans or even look in their general direction. If it wasn't for him, Hartley and Gordon we might not've known what was starting to go on at the time. Also, he came back and played as a substitute in a friendly that had a selection of Cup-winning players from 1998 against 2006, don't remember him being booed that loudly, mostly clapping in fact. He got lucky when he went to Celtic and probably never ever dreamed he'd get that sort of money at that stage of his career, far less a couple of extra medals. Sure he didn't lose any sleep and had a very healthy bank balance to look back on.

As for him as manager….absolutely no way! He's been a disaster everywhere he's went. No more looking back, let's look ahead and hope that Ann makes the correct appointment.

1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I find it amusing how someone who left us 13 years ago still riles a few and consumes their energy! 😄 

I still get riled at Frank McGarvey after 1986!

On ‎13‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 13:26, Brighton Jambo said:

If we did a poll I would confidently predict a large majority would say he is one of our greatest ever captains and welcomed back to the club anytime.  (Not as manager as he’s not a good one).

This.

Gave his heart and soul to the club for 8 years and made one mistake in the heat of the moment.

The rat catcher
1 hour ago, Bunny Munro said:

Great defender.

Exceptional captain.

Fud on his return.

Never apologized.

Shite manager.

Do not want.

Spot on.

Samuel Camazzola
6 hours ago, jambonian said:

So do I.

I remember that day against Celtic at Tynie, I remember the seethe afterwards and thought it was quite amusing. Said on here many times over the years that Pressley did make a bit of a fud of himself but in no way did he disrespect the Hearts fans that day. He went to the Celtic fans who, let's not forget, hated him even being there as an ex-Rangers and Hearts player and his mis-guided behaviour actually made im look more foolish than anything else. I was over it by the time i'd got to the car at the end of the match. Whether Romanov was there or not, it was still a get-it-up-ye gesture to him one way or another. He would've been told about it and Pressley didn't go near Hearts fans or even look in their general direction. If it wasn't for him, Hartley and Gordon we might not've known what was starting to go on at the time. Also, he came back and played as a substitute in a friendly that had a selection of Cup-winning players from 1998 against 2006, don't remember him being booed that loudly, mostly clapping in fact. He got lucky when he went to Celtic and probably never ever dreamed he'd get that sort of money at that stage of his career, far less a couple of extra medals. Sure he didn't lose any sleep and had a very healthy bank balance to look back on.

As for him as manager….absolutely no way! He's been a disaster everywhere he's went. No more looking back, let's look ahead and hope that Ann makes the correct appointment.

Robbie's testimonial and he got a great reception. Huge cheers when he came on. 

5 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

Great defender.

Exceptional captain.

Fud on his return.

Never apologized.

Shite manager.

Do not want.

In a nutshell.

jack D and coke
On 13/11/2019 at 12:27, Irufushi said:

Old badge thumper and go **** himself. 

Mine when he reckoned he was too ambitious and too good for Scottish clubs....

:sweeet:

1A8A74D6-6423-40FD-AE66-E5BB86207C9D.jpeg

Big Slim Stylee

It would be jaw-dropping if he got the job. He’s proved himself to be a terrible manager who has entirely disappeared up his own arse.

I’d give up 🙁

Dusk_Till_Dawn
54 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Mine when he reckoned he was too ambitious and too good for Scottish clubs....

:sweeet:

1A8A74D6-6423-40FD-AE66-E5BB86207C9D.jpeg

:lol:

what a welt the snake is

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

It would be jaw-dropping if he got the job. He’s proved himself to be a terrible manager who has entirely disappeared up his own arse.

I’d give up 🙁

Not even sure what his first language is

5 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

This.

Gave his heart and soul to the club for 8 years and made one mistake in the heat of the moment.

There were many “moments” - he acted like an arsehole throughout the 90 minutes!

26 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

There were many “moments” - he acted like an arsehole throughout the 90 minutes!

Shomato, just reflect and remember his time at Hearts, who gives a shite about what he did after he left us....Only a few ramjets on here that’s who, still spewing ‘cos he had a Tim top on, it’s all very sad.

And I don’t want you having another heart issue 👍

11 hours ago, smiler said:

Shomato, just reflect and remember his time at Hearts, who gives a shite about what he did after he left us....Only a few ramjets on here that’s who, still spewing ‘cos he had a Tim top on, it’s all very sad.

Thanks got your concern 😘

Your “ramjet” comment is garbage. Paul Hartley doesn’t get the same stick from Hearts fans and he wore a “Tim” strip!

The difference was Hartley got on with playing the game without the infantile antics of Pressley!

9 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Thanks got your concern 😘

Your “ramjet” comment is garbage. Paul Hartley doesn’t get the same stick from Hearts fans and he wore a “Tim” strip!

The difference was Hartley got on with playing the game without the infantile antics of Pressley!

Spot on!!

I would imagine his dismissal from Carlisle would be the final nail in his (terrible) managerial coffin. 

Edited by Fraggle

15 hours ago, smiler said:

They seemed obsessed with one incident. 

He played with us for 8 years ffs, mainly as one of the best captains we have ever had in recent times. 

23 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

Great defender.

Exceptional captain.

Fud on his return.

Never apologized.

Shite manager.

Do not want.

This.