Warnock leaves Cardiff??????

soonbe110

Football wouldn’t be great but results are what matters. But he would get Tynecastle back to being a fortress. 

Wouldn’t be a long term appointment so can’t see it happening. 

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Real Maroonblood

• vegas-voss

• GinRummy

• Beast Boy

7 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Warnock would be an incredible appointment. All this dinosaur chat and football has moved on is bollocks. It’s a simple game but people need to be inspired to play and Warnock certainly does that. 

It's especially true up here 8n Scotland.Its a battle our troubles are we have been losing those battles

Lord Beni of Gorgie
20 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Football wouldn’t be great but results are what matters. But he would get Tynecastle back to being a fortress. 

Wouldn’t be a long term appointment so can’t see it happening. 

It would be better than you think. He likes one touch stuff as well. He has had some teams over the years up against it, they have played some rudimentary stuff, he likes wingers, he was one, he likes strikers, and he likes defenders who defend.

He is my preference, I think we need a character, he certainly is one. I want to be the news

I would love us to appoint Warnock. He gets his teams set up well and has done well in an absolute bear pit of a league. 

He has admitted that he would like the challenge up here as an underdog and knows that he wouldn't have a massive budget. 

I can see him inspiring the players to do better, to be better. For me, we should speak with him, and if he still has the fire to compete, we should appoint him for a couple of seasons. 

What concerns me is that he has made it known he would be interested, it appears we are casting our recruitment net wide, and I can see him getting another gig elsewhere. 

This whole thing about getting the right person in, and taking your time to make your appointment, is fine in theory but we took our time the last time, there was no rush, and Levein was chosen. 

Once again, there is no rush, and there is absolutely no guarantee that anyone who comes in will be successful. Warnock has enormous experience and, if he still has the fire inside, I feel we should bite his hand off to become manager. 

Of course, we could wait for a few more weeks to see if McPhee can do it, and make it clear to Warnock that after weeks of knowing he is available, that we weren't that interested or bothered in him.

I'm sure he would be happy with that. All in my opinion of course :)

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

It would be better than you think. He likes one touch stuff as well. He has had some teams over the years up against it, they have played some rudimentary stuff, he likes wingers, he was one, he likes strikers, and he likes defenders who defend.

He is my preference, I think we need a character, he certainly is one. I want to be the news

Yeah I wouldn’t mind him. What’s his policy on playing youth players?

Would reunite him with Damour also

59 minutes ago, Vansen said:

I would love us to appoint Warnock. He gets his teams set up well and has done well in an absolute bear pit of a league. 

He has admitted that he would like the challenge up here as an underdog and knows that he wouldn't have a massive budget. 

I can see him inspiring the players to do better, to be better. For me, we should speak with him, and if he still has the fire to compete, we should appoint him for a couple of seasons. 

What concerns me is that he has made it known he would be interested, it appears we are casting our recruitment net wide, and I can see him getting another gig elsewhere. 

This whole thing about getting the right person in, and taking your time to make your appointment, is fine in theory but we took our time the last time, there was no rush, and Levein was chosen. 

Once again, there is no rush, and there is absolutely no guarantee that anyone who comes in will be successful. Warnock has enormous experience and, if he still has the fire inside, I feel we should bite his hand off to become manager. 

Of course, we could wait for a few more weeks to see if McPhee can do it, and make it clear to Warnock that after weeks of knowing he is available, that we weren't that interested or bothered in him.

I'm sure he would be happy with that. All in my opinion of course :)

Agreed. 

I think we should act now to get Warnock in, if we aren't already doing so. Huge opportunity missed if we choose to look elsewhere in my, adminttedly unqualified, opinion. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, dazinho88 said:

Agreed. 

I think we should act now to get Warnock in, if we aren't already doing so. Huge opportunity missed if we choose to look elsewhere in my, adminttedly unqualified, opinion. 

👍

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Famous 1874 said:

Yeah I wouldn’t mind him. What’s his policy on playing youth players?

Would reunite him with Damour also

Good post on Saturday pointing out he helped develop Jagielka,  Maguire and Walker,  3 star England defenders. I genuinely believe he buys into each club he manages 

Should Warnock be a candidate ?...yes

However unless we know the other candidates and their salary demands etc it is not a clear cut decision even if he would consider the role (and that is not certain.)

There are another couple who I'd like before him but the same situation exists

This is where the owners and senior managers earn their dough

Diadora Van Basten

I read Simon Jordan’s book and he doesn’t have a good word to say about any of his managers apart from Warnock.

The difference is Warnock knows how to run a club from top to bottom.

He got QPR up by convincing experienced pros to let Taarbat get away with all his faults if he could win them matches.

He got the best out of Paterson by playing him in a role where he could pass the ball wide and get into the box.

If he wants to come then I would be delighted to have him.

12 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Warnock would be an incredible appointment. All this dinosaur chat and football has moved on is bollocks. It’s a simple game but people need to be inspired to play and Warnock certainly does that. 

He said on the radio he is finished with management 

3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Good post on Saturday pointing out he helped develop Jagielka,  Maguire and Walker,  3 star England defenders. I genuinely believe he buys into each club he manages 

Sounds good. Great character and would get us winning games no doubt. 

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
3 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I read Simon Jordan’s book and he doesn’t have a good word to say about any of his managers apart from Warnock.

The difference is Warnock knows how to run a club from top to bottom.

He got QPR up by convincing experienced pros to let Taarbat get away with all his faults if he could win them matches.

He got the best out of Paterson by playing him in a role where he could pass the ball wide and get into the box.

If he wants to come then I would be delighted to have him.

Switching Paterson’s position was a risky master stroke which ultimately worked out and is evidence enough he knows his stuff, but he would do with his experience in the game.

14 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

I am warming more and more to him being appointed. Let’s face it, anyone comes in and does well will be off (like Clarke at Kilmarnock, or Robbie). 
Warnock seems like a perfect fit for me and he will most certainly do well here.
Personally I would still love to go for Robinson who I think could really kick on with our resources but if we got Warnock I would be very happy also

Edited by 1971fozzy

Would like to see him but don't think it's going to happen. FWIW I think our appointment will come completely left field and will be someone not even linked to us yet.

The Real Maroonblood
5 hours ago, PapaShango said:

Would like to see him but don't think it's going to happen. FWIW I think our appointment will come completely left field and will be someone not even linked to us yet.

You could be right.

Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

Maybes aye maybes naw.

:P

It better be Warnock or the Foh subs are getting CANCULLED A TELL YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, smiler said:

It better be Warnock or the Foh subs are getting CANCULLED A TELL YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

:laugh:

Shame if he’s called it a day but I don’t think he’s the type of guy that would turn down one last challenge tbh if we offered him the chance. We’re talking about a guy who’s been a manager since 1986, he’ll be bored out his face by the end of the month. 

On 18/11/2019 at 09:02, The Real Maroonblood said:

Exactly. The SFA don’t give a shiny shite about any team outside the uglies.

Never have done " so hearts fans should just care about the outcome of their own team and f....k all the rest  inc sfa !! 

On 20/11/2019 at 07:13, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

All gone quiet on Neil Warnock.

Has he been interviewed?

He’s the type of manager I would love to take over as he has no fear of the old firm and his will to win would be installed into the team but I think he will call it a day now time will tell tho 

Neil Warnock should be appointed on Monday.

An expert at relegation battles. Exactly what we require right now. 

Edited by flem

24 minutes ago, flem said:

Neil Warnock should be appointed on Monday.

An expert at relegation battles. Exactly what we require right now. 

I agree , I mean would Stendel be able turn fortunes around quickly I highly doubt it.

LarrysRightFoot

IMO out of those who appear to have been genuinely linked he is 100% the right man for the job.

Ann, stop f&@£img about and get him in.

3 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Retirement or relegation fight in a shite league, let me think

I think Warnock is a football for footballs sake type.

He'd take it if we offered IMO. 

Don’t fancy Warnock, thanks. I reckon he’d be our Terry Butcher and relegate us. He knows nothing about the Scottish game and strikes me as the type of arrogant Englishman who thinks it would be a piece of piss up here.

LarrysRightFoot
9 minutes ago, S Form said:

Don’t fancy Warnock, thanks. I reckon he’d be our Terry Butcher and relegate us. He knows nothing about the Scottish game and strikes me as the type of arrogant Englishman who thinks it would be a piece of piss up here.

I get a totally different impression. He seems to take an interest in Scottish football - sure he when BT sport launched  he was co-commentator on a couple of Scottish games.

Without any links to us he has expressed an interest in managing us (or Hibs) and having a real go at the OF. 

Warnock has had a holiday home in Scotland for years, not saying he’s an expert on our  league but I’m pretty sure he knows his stuff. Get him in as quick as we can.

Even if we don’t see Warnock as a long term appointment we should see if he’s interested in a deal till the end of the season. Hopefully he can steady the ship and it gives us time to get in the right man for the long term. 

Shanks said no

I was in the Stendel camp but after today have switched to Colin. A football man with a massive amount of experience to shake the footballing side of things completely up. No more softly softly snowflake crap, get in there and get them playing for the jersey.

1 hour ago, S Form said:

Warnock is a world away from Butcher. Butcher has failures all over his managerial history, Warnock has successes throughout his.

If you're looking nervously over your shoulder at the bottom of the league Warnock's the man to sort you out.

Is he interested in the Hearts job? Does he intend to retire now? Well if Mrs Budge gets on the phone to him she'll know the answer. I think he'd jump at the chance. Yes, he's a cocky Yorkshireman but so was Brian Clough. Warnock wouldn't look at The Scottish Premiership as a walk in the park but he might just look at Heart of Midlothian as a challenge and an honour to manage.