Warnock leaves Cardiff??????

soonbe110

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
5 hours ago, Homme said:

We've played honking football for as long as i remember so Warnock coming in is fine by me so long as he gets us points and progresses us in cups.

Exactly we’re Hearts. Winning is all that matters. Also if this is true bloody give warnock the job right now, end of story.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Real Maroonblood

• vegas-voss

• GinRummy

• Beast Boy

I do agree, if we win does it really matter how we do it. However is a 70 year old who is due retirement going to go all in, blood and thunder to get the job done. I dont think so. 

41 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

The key point well said

Warnock doesn't excite me and also I believe he is not a visionary coach, he's very much short term and you get 2 years, 2 years of what? I think 2 years of much the same as we had with Levein 

Better candidates out there and probably for cheaper 

Who are the candidates that play this great football you want and get results.Will say again it's the Scottish League it's a ****ing battle and we are pish cause we have been losing these battles to weaker teams.

VagabondJambo

Before Craig Levein was sacked, I posted that Warnock and Ross were my two preferred candidates to become Hearts manager. (Both of them were still in their jobs then.)
They remain my preferred options, and believe Hearts would have an exciting and successful time ahead with either at the helm, despite them being different types of managers.
Must admit, the “possibility” of Moyes was exciting, but he’s out of it.
From current “possibilities”, Stendel and Jones have been the most appealing. . . . HOWEVER, let’s get real! We are not Liverpool, Ajax, or Barcelona - the attraction of both Stendel and Jones is their focus on a pressing and attacking style of football. Nothing would please me more than to see that, week in, week out. However, it’s a dream at this time. We don't currently have enough of the right players to carry out that style, and also, we play in the clogger SPFL, which does not facilitate such a style.
To have Neil Warnock as Hearts manager - even for 18 months, but preferably for at least 3 years - would be a quantum leap from anything we have ever done or experienced for a very long time (if ever, if I can exaggerate).
His experience, his savvy, his achievements, his personality, his bluntness, his “get the OF” attitude and desire, his "no nonsense" style in the dressing room - I could go on - are tremendous assets.
Every manager hire is a risk. Hiring Warnock will be the best risk we can take right now, I believe.  Please, Ann, don’t let any other team steal Warnock from under our noses.

Plus who else?  I'd love it if he brought Callum Paterson back with him - I'd make him captain.  Naismith as assistant player/manager (or MacPhee initially) would be assets to the transition.

I'm all for this great pressing football by the way I just don't see any candidates that actually play that game bar Stendel and is he even a candidate

I’ve always liked Warnock but his style of football isn’t what I’d be wanting to see and he’s a bit auld.

He’s been a very good coach and his experience is unquestionable. 33 years as a manager, nearly 1,500 games.

If anyone could bring back the passion and weed out the weaklings though, it’s Neil Warnock. He’d make us tough. Especially at home. 

If the choices are some of the dross being quoted or Warnock, i’d take Warnock. 

rudi must stay
11 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Who are the candidates that play this great football you want and get results.Will say again it's the Scottish League it's a ****ing battle and we are pish cause we have been losing these battles to weaker teams.

Need to think bigger picture. Look at Mulraney's goal on Saturday, course you can play football and should always try to. Who brings that? Ross's St Mirren were free flowing, McCall's Motherwell got second and scored alot of goals, anyway we don't know the other candidates yet. When we do we can comment

51 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He might be someone who doesn't shit himself every time he goes to Glasgow though. After some of the sides he has faced regularly he'll not be bothered by The O.F.

Correct ,, every one we get as boss does s.f.a in weege , maybe he could change it ?

8 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I’ve always liked Warnock but his style of football isn’t what I’d be wanting to see and he’s a bit auld.

He’s been a very good coach and his experience is unquestionable. 33 years as a manager, nearly 1,500 games.

If anyone could bring back the passion and weed out the weaklings though, it’s Neil Warnock. He’d make us tough. Especially at home. 

Pretty much agree with all of that but style over substance wins nowt.

He knows how to get the best out of average players.

EasternRossco
11 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Good post again CT. I don't think you can look too much in to the last season or so given what he went through. Did a brilliant job getting them promoted in the first instance. Definitely could see him taking us to lift the big cup. 

6 minutes ago, Parttimer1874 said:

He’s a bit too English eh aussie?

He's a bit too old. And a bit of a prick. Pity Keegan isn't about these days.

Why are most of the names mentioned already collecting their pensions. As I said before: dig up Sir Bobby.

1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

The key point well said

Warnock doesn't excite me and also I believe he is not a visionary coach, he's very much short term and you get 2 years, 2 years of what? I think 2 years of much the same as we had with Levein 

Better candidates out there and probably for cheaper 

Ladies and gentlemen we have a winner, I understand that some folk see a recent premier league manager and get all excited (see also Magathe) but we have all had enough of eye bleeding football, good man manager, good motivator but very old school in footballing terms.

I would much rather have a dynamic and forward thinking coach with a modern interpretation of the game 

18 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Need to think bigger picture. Look at Mulraney's goal on Saturday, course you can play football and should always try to. Who brings that? Ross's St Mirren were free flowing, McCall's Motherwell got second and scored alot of goals, anyway we don't know the other candidates yet. When we do we can comment

I'm sure there have been plenty players who have played under Warnock that have scored similar goals.

1 minute ago, Bozi said:

Ladies and gentlemen we have a winner, I understand that some folk see a recent premier league manager and get all excited (see also Magathe) but we have all had enough of eye bleeding football, good man manager, good motivator but very old school in footballing terms.

I would much rather have a dynamic and forward thinking coach with a modern interpretation of the game 

Who though I don't see any of this type named apart from Stendel and as I said is he even being considered.

1 minute ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

Give it giggsy.

I hear he'll be getting his jotters. The players can't stand him, apparently.

1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

Who though I don't see any of this type named apart from Stendel and as I said is he even being considered.

1It would be Stendel for me, he is the only name that excites me.

Have to say, I'm not impressed with any 70 year old putting his hat in the ring.  I'm 71 and know that I would lack the sharpness and stamina to hold down such a position even if I did have the experience.  I also expect people like Warnock are very wealthy and should just retire and perhaps commit themselves to charitable work.

If Hearts had the choice of a 70 year old or Gary Naismith, I'd take Naismith every day of the week.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Maybe he’s pumping one of the player’s wives.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

I was joking. You said give it robbo and that’s what the Man Utd fans always say after a Man Utd manager gets the sack “give it giggsy til end of season” 

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Maybe he’s pumping one of the player’s wives.

Only one?! The mans a machine.

The thing about 30 odd years of experience, is you tend to learn how to set up a team and make changes, in that time. You've also been through good and bad times, so you know what you are doing and what is required and when. I want experience with our next appointment, age should not be an impediment to someone who has been working at our level and above for the last three decades.

7 hours ago, sac said:

Says he wants the job & wants to be challenging the OF. Ticks our  two main criteria for any potential applicant.

Really?

So the style of football doesn't matter?

Robbie Neilson mainly disliked imo for defensive football away from home. 

Wait till you see how Warnock sets up. Craig Levein will be seen as modern and progressive. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Really?

'I know we are second/third, but I just don't like the football we are playing.' That was a recent highlight from our supporters.

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

He might be someone who doesn't shit himself every time he goes to Glasgow though. After some of the sides he has faced regularly he'll not be bothered by The O.F.

Maybe so.

I said similar about appointing Daniel Stendel and everything that would go with him, improving players already at the club, making us hard to beat with his German coaching background, encouraging youth development and the academy (well, he would, he's German), no inferiority complex against the old firm as he has no affinity with them and also very passionate. The only couple of differences between both of these managers is that Warnock would be on his last contract and only a short-term fix. Stendel is young, would be ambitious and try to get us to the next level, for us and himself for his own future. For me it would be a last swansong for Warnock, something he wants to try before retiring. He won't be wanting an ambitious move afterwards at his age. I also think he would crack up because of the way Scottish football is, a sad backwater where the media, press, SFA and referees do their utmost to bow down to the old firm. Warnock wouldn't be able to keep his mouth shut (and quite right, i'd admire him for it), he's old school but it wouldn't get him anywhere, well, maybe apart from a few SFA hearings. Stendel by comparison would be more laid back and try his own way of dealing with things. I like Neil Warnock, he would be hilarious with his outbursts but Hearts are not there to be entertaining in a non-footballing sense so for me, it's a no-no.

28 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Pretty much agree with all of that but style over substance wins nowt.

He knows how to get the best out of average players.

The styles the only thing I don’t like about a potential Warnock appointment. Seen balls getting hoofed back to front too long, but aye, he definitely gets the best out of average players. He knows football, he knows how to coach players. Simple but effective and I don’t think he’s one to over complicate things. If he’s interested, he’s the best possibility out the folk we reckon are interested. 

I’d hope however we’ve got an outstanding candidate up our sleeve.

22 minutes ago, EasternRossco said:

Good post again CT. I don't think you can look too much in to the last season or so given what he went through. Did a brilliant job getting them promoted in the first instance. Definitely could see him taking us to lift the big cup. 

He’s done all sorts of jobs, saved sides from relegation, got sides promoted, got teams to Wembley. He’s the ultimate underdog manager.

If she’s looking for a solid, safe appointment then she can’t really go wrong with Neil Warnock. 

The League system and structure is very different here as well, as is the football, his style and know how to combat teams playing percentage, kick and press football might also be a good thing.

I’m certainly not against Warnock but i’d hope for someone like Daniel Stendel or Nathan Jones, maybe someone even better.

19 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Really?

Wait till you see how Warnock sets up. Craig Levein will be seen as modern and progressive. 

You’re right about that. It’s the big elephant in the room when it comes to Warnock and folk are hypocrites if they say it’s not considering we’ve suffered eye bleeding hoofball for a while. 

25 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Maybe so.

I said similar about appointing Daniel Stendel and everything that would go with him, improving players already at the club, making us hard to beat with his German coaching background, encouraging youth development and the academy (well, he would, he's German), no inferiority complex against the old firm as he has no affinity with them and also very passionate. The only couple of differences between both of these managers is that Warnock would be on his last contract and only a short-term fix. Stendel is young, would be ambitious and try to get us to the next level, for us and himself for his own future. For me it would be a last swansong for Warnock, something he wants to try before retiring. He won't be wanting an ambitious move afterwards at his age. I also think he would crack up because of the way Scottish football is, a sad backwater where the media, press, SFA and referees do their utmost to bow down to the old firm. Warnock wouldn't be able to keep his mouth shut (and quite right, i'd admire him for it), he's old school but it wouldn't get him anywhere, well, maybe apart from a few SFA hearings. Stendel by comparison would be more laid back and try his own way of dealing with things. I like Neil Warnock, he would be hilarious with his outbursts but Hearts are not there to be entertaining in a non-footballing sense so for me, it's a no-no.

Seems a good post. I only say seems because I know so little about Stendel. I hadn’t really heard of him up till a couple of days ago. A few guys on here and the other forum seems to rate him though so I’ll bow to your superior knowledge. 

As for Warnock, I don’t think he’s the perfect applicant but out if the guys quoted, that I know anything about, he’s the standout candidate. I do know what you mean about his outbursts and temper but I still think the good outweighs the bad. 

Parttimer1874
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

He's a bit too old. And a bit of a prick. Pity Keegan isn't about these days.

I think we should go for someone like Terry Butcher or Tony Adams. A proper winner and most importantly: very English. 

2 minutes ago, Parttimer1874 said:

I think we should go for someone like Terry Butcher or Tony Adams. A proper winner and most importantly: very English. 

Na, Stuart Pearce is yer man.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Seems a good post. I only say seems because I know so little about Stendel. I hadn’t really heard of him up till a couple of days ago. A few guys on here and the other forum seems to rate him though so I’ll bow to your superior knowledge. 

As for Warnock, I don’t think he’s the perfect applicant but out if the guys quoted, that I know anything about, he’s the standout candidate. I do know what you mean about his outbursts and temper but I still think the good outweighs the bad. 

Like yourself, I didn't know too much about him (Stendel) apart from he was very well liked by everyone at his club down south. I then saw the video about him and if you didn't know it was about Barnsley, you'd think it was scripted by Ann Budge herself and what she's looking for. No superior knowledge here, just found the likeness to what Ann wants and what Stendel offered was scarily similar. On Warnock, he would be an interesting figure in the short-term and would get fans' backing (to an extent) but long-term, I just don't see it, for Hearts or himself.

9 minutes ago, Parttimer1874 said:

Terry ****ing Butcher?!?!?  Are you smoking some really bad shit?!?!  I'd sooner have a hose rammed down my Jap's eye than have him anywhere near my club.

Edited by Heartsofgold

34 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Like yourself, I didn't know too much about him (Stendel) apart from he was very well liked by everyone at his club down south. I then saw the video about him and if you didn't know it was about Barnsley, you'd think it was scripted by Ann Budge herself and what she's looking for. No superior knowledge here, just found the likeness to what Ann wants and what Stendel offered was scarily similar. On Warnock, he would be an interesting figure in the short-term and would get fans' backing (to an extent) but long-term, I just don't see it, for Hearts or himself.

Will find that video and have a look. Only hearing impressive things about him so he may well be a good option.

i agree, Warnock would be a short term move. Was thinking if we got him for a season or two it’d give us loads of time to find an ideal long term fit. In saying that if there are other applicants who are better and more long term I’d prefer that.

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Will find that video and have a look. Only hearing impressive things about him so he may well be a good option.

i agree, Warnock would be a short term move. Was thinking if we got him for a season or two it’d give us loads of time to find an ideal long term fit. In saying that if there are other applicants who are better and more long term I’d prefer that.

The video has been posted on the "who do you want as manager" thread if you wanted to see it

Guest ToqueJambo

So, Neil Warnock. I'm on the fence as he could be the short-term motivator we need. Long term, no so sure.

However, he's old-school, loves a big defender up front, likes long ball football and has no medals - pretty much every criticism of Craig Levein. And Warnock has been nowhere near International level as a player or manager, unlike Levein. Has Warnock even played in or managed a team to a cup final? Ever taken a team to the group stages in Europe? Surely the "what have you won?" and "show us your medals" chat applies to Warnock in that case?

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

So, Neil Warnock. I'm on the fence as he could be the short-term motivator we need. Long term, no so sure.

However, he's old-school, loves a big defender up front, likes long ball football and has no medals - pretty much every criticism of Craig Levein. And Warnock has been nowhere near International level as a player or manager, unlike Levein. Has Warnock even played in or managed a team to a cup final? Ever taken a team to the group stages in Europe? Surely the "what have you won?" and "show us your medals" chat applies to Warnock in that case?

Get him in with an up and coming manager he can show how it’s done.....I mentioned elsewhere  him working along with someone like Neil McCann.

I realise this is probably too bootroom-like for some but it’s something we should consider.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Nearly any manager we get will be “short term” unless they are Hearts.

A success - they will move on. Fail - they’ll be sacked.