• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Real Maroonblood

• vegas-voss

• GinRummy

• Beast Boy

Absolute Scenes
On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 20:01, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Since when do we turn our nose up at managers that have done well in the Championship and managed in the EPL?

Who the **** do we think we are?

absolutely this btw

Our fans are complete idiots

The Old Tolbooth

Let's not kid ourselves here, if either of the Old Firm appointed Warnock, he would be the best thing since sliced bread all over the papers, a hero, a saviour, a messiah, and he certainly has the profile to manage either of that pair, he's got more experience than both of their managers put together, and yet he's not good enough for Hearts

Image result for shrugging shoulders gif

Get him in. He has been there, done that and yet stilll has the fire in his belly. I think he'd take the fight to the OF and get a buzz about the club again. 

Sign him up Ann! 

Edited by jambogaza

Would take Warnock in a heart beat.  I think he has the character to change our attitude and mentality in to believing we can compete with OF.  We have not had managers like that in Scotland since the Fergie and Jim McLean days.  The only thing is I would want him to commit to 3 years giving him enough time to set a template that could set our club up for years.  For inspriration I look at Leicester and their can do attitude.  We will always be smaller than OF but that was also the case in the 50s, early 60s.  

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Wonder how much dosh he'd want.

Given his age it shouldn’t be a problem, plus he’s got his auld age pension to top it up & he might qualify for the cold weather payment.

We've played honking football for as long as i remember so Warnock coming in is fine by me so long as he gets us points and progresses us in cups.

Just now, sac said:

Given his age it shouldn’t be a problem, plus he’s got his auld age pension to top it up & he might qualify for the cold weather payment.

Don;t forget the free bus pass.

Glamorgan Jambo

When Warnock first took the Cardiff job I used to see him all the time in the local supermarket slowly wandering around doing his shopping and chatting easily and at length with anyone who wanted to talk to him (it's more a rugby town here so he wasn't interrupted that much). He also stood for quite a while with a collector for (I think) a military charity and gently encouraged donations from passers by. I presume he was here on his own then and as he signed longer contracts he found somewhere else for his family to live as I haven't seen him for ages now.

So he's a thoroughly decent human being and an all round good guy.

Having watched how he set Cardiff up though I think we would be well advised to avoid him as a manager. If people think Levein was a lover of a physical approach to football then they ain't seen nothing yet. Cardiff's crowds weren't particularly great last season in the premiership and have dropped off drastically this season. As well as results the football is absolutely eye bleeding hoofball. How anyone thinks this would be a conducive environment for bringing through academy graduates I have no idea.

I hope he has a great time when he settles permanently in the Dunoon area.

I have a good feeling about this, a man that's won promotion 7 times and a championship win with QPR certainly has the right credentials to get us out of the mess we're in at the moment, he has plenty of contacts down south to be able to attract a better class of player to the club and would definitely command respect from the players, go get him Hearts, he'll be an asset. 

1 hour ago, sac said:

2 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

When Warnock first took the Cardiff job I used to see him all the time in the local supermarket slowly wandering around doing his shopping and chatting easily and at length with anyone who wanted to talk to him (it's more a rugby town here so he wasn't interrupted that much). He also stood for quite a while with a collector for (I think) a military charity and gently encouraged donations from passers by. I presume he was here on his own then and as he signed longer contracts he found somewhere else for his family to live as I haven't seen him for ages now.

So he's a thoroughly decent human being and an all round good guy.

Having watched how he set Cardiff up though I think we would be well advised to avoid him as a manager. If people think Levein was a lover of a physical approach to football then they ain't seen nothing yet. Cardiff's crowds weren't particularly great last season in the premiership and have dropped off drastically this season. As well as results the football is absolutely eye bleeding hoofball. How anyone thinks this would be a conducive environment for bringing through academy graduates I have no idea.

I hope he has a great time when he settles permanently in the Dunoon area.

Couple of Cardiff guys I spoke to said the same but they let it go in the promotion season cause when you are winning you don't care as much but when it's going wrong you see just how dreadful it is to watch.I think there is a limit on how long he is successful at every club and then the players must just get fed up with it and it starts to fall apart.Honestly think he would be decent enough for 18 months but not long term.

Honestly nearly all the SPFL play blood and thunder physical football.When we were what the pundits used to say a big physical team we were far better than what we are now.

It's mental managers have come in before and tried to change things but when you are in the stands all you here is fans screaming to get into them get it up the field.The reality is most football matches are a battle and that were Warnock teams seem to excel

14 minutes ago, Tenor said:

I would ******* LOVE Warnock to come in as manager!

Ferguson, Robson and Hodgson have proved that 70 is not too old!

Aye i want Warnock as well. I know he's made his money over a long time in good management jobs but I winder if his bottom line is still too much.

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I'd have Warnock before Robinson or Ross.

I'd probably take him over any other realistic applicant mentioned.

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I'd probably take him over any other realistic applicant mentioned.

Yes, about the same. I would probably go for old Felix though too, so what do I know. :lol:

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Yes, about the same. I would probably go for old Felix though too, so what do I know. :lol:

He's an interesting one. The batshit mental bit is a wee bit concerning but had more success than failures over his career.

What do you do with a guy as experienced as Warnock...

Ask him for his expectations

Or ask him if he can work around our parameters?

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

He's an interesting one. The batshit mental bit is a wee bit concerning but had more success than failures over his career.

Absolutely, and nobody is ever going to convince me that football has changed so much in the last ten years (since he won the Bundesliga with Wolfsburg) that his successes are somehow irrelevant.

1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

You ask him what his vision would be and how he plans to implement it. Then you compare it to what you want, and what you can provide.

3 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

If he were to come for an interview I think it would be more a case of pitching him the job. We'd be lucky to have him.

43 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Honestly nearly all the SPFL play blood and thunder physical football.When we were what the pundits used to say a big physical team we were far better than what we are now.

It's mental managers have come in before and tried to change things but when you are in the stands all you here is fans screaming to get into them get it up the field.The reality is most football matches are a battle and that were Warnock teams seem to excel

We should probably ignore the dinosaurs in the stands then.

:levein_interesting:

Nobody really wants to watch our hoofball, surely. It's utterly dreadful.

59 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Spot on. Name a successful team in the Scottish premier league other than the old firm who have played free flowing football in recent years? Kilmarnock under Clarke, Aberdeen under McInnes, Hamilton under anyone, even Hibs under Lennon have all been successful and got plaudits, not for the way they play, but the results they were getting. 

Warnock really would be an excellent appointment. 

Edited by karipidis

On 12/11/2019 at 14:05, JamTarts51 said:

Still up there with one of best videos of all time. Is sitting second favourite with Sky Bet at 4/1.

Thats brilliant!!

I like Warnock. I enjoy listening to him when he's interviewed, informative, funny and is always having a dig at anyone, referees, managers, he doesn't care. Imagine if he actually got this job!? He'd have the media wound up so much that we'd never be off the back pages! Gerrard who? Lennon who? The SFA would pull him up at every opportunity for having the audacity to criticise one of their beloveds and their mates in black strips. I'd love it for the entertainment value alone. However, for the future of the team, I think it's a bit too much of an upheaval at his stage in life. I don't think it would work overall, maybe the initial feel-good factor but I think that will soon wear off. Then we'll be back to square one again which is no good for anyone, club or fans.

Seems to have by far the best CV of any of the names mentioned. 

If hes not interviewed and the likes of McCall are then questions need to be asked.

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Couple of Cardiff guys I spoke to said the same but they let it go in the promotion season cause when you are winning you don't care as much but when it's going wrong you see just how dreadful it is to watch.I think there is a limit on how long he is successful at every club and then the players must just get fed up with it and it starts to fall apart.Honestly think he would be decent enough for 18 months but not long term.

That’s a good post.

Byyy The Light

Wouldn’t be against this short term. Players love him. Get him in to get the players confidence back, get the squad galvanised. Back up the table and then maybe an option of another year.

Get him involved in helping identify someone to take over in 18 months

Tom Hardy’s Dug
On 12/11/2019 at 01:44, Coburg Hearts said:

Mark Donaldson has just said on Talk Radio that he would love Neil Warnock to be our next manager. Did have the caveat, though, that he has said he is retiring at the end of the season. 

Wait until he falls in love with us - easy get 3 years out of him.

rudi must stay
2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

We all love industrial football right enough

The key point well said

Warnock doesn't excite me and also I believe he is not a visionary coach, he's very much short term and you get 2 years, 2 years of what? I think 2 years of much the same as we had with Levein 

Better candidates out there and probably for cheaper 

9 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

We all love industrial football right enough

He might be someone who doesn't shit himself every time he goes to Glasgow though. After some of the sides he has faced regularly he'll not be bothered by The O.F.

Edited by GinRummy

I just dont get the clamour to get Warnock appointed !

The guys an utter bam....can you really see him winning back the apparently lost dressing room  ?

There simply have to be better , more dynamic candidates !