Warnock leaves Cardiff??????

soonbe110

1 hour ago, TheStig said:

Please no. The guy is 70 year old ffs

Not that I’m for Warnock but Roy Hodgson has continued to be a good manager well into his 70’s.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Real Maroonblood

• vegas-voss

• GinRummy

• Beast Boy

• redm changed the title to Warnock leaves Cardiff??????
larbert_jambo
1 hour ago, underwaterwoodwelder said:

yes please mrs budge.

All day long, would bring grit and fight from the top diwn to the players and he loves being the underdog..

Hearts should be the underdogs against only two teams in the league 

For all some will say Warnock is a dinosaur style of play is shit.Its actually still a very effective way to play in Scotland and in England underneath the EPL.

Would have loved him to come when he was interested when Vlad was here.

Edited by vegas-voss

7 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

For all some will say Warnock is a dinosaur style of play is shit.Its actually still a very effective way to play in Scotland and in England underneath the EPL.

Would have loved him to come when he was interested when Vlad was here.

What is "dinosaur style of play"?

Tennant's  6's
14 minutes ago, larbert_jambo said:

Hearts should be the underdogs against only two teams in the league 

Bang on. Really wish we had that attitude throughout the club. Only really the Dons could really say the same.

Really hoping that the new first team setup gives us that drive to go for Europe & Cups every year. 

1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

Surely looking at someone  a bit younger I’d hope ? Certainly high profile though

66 year old Felix Magath would fit that bill 😂

7 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

I suspect alot of people saying "no" are still holding out for Moyes, Hughton or Mourinho

More holding out for a change to the eye bleeding football we’ve been served up.  

Edited by damo

11 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

What is "dinosaur style of play"?

Agressive up and at em not afraid to use crosses for fear of losing possession

jack D and coke
18 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

I suspect alot of people saying "no" are still holding out for Moyes, Hughton or Mourinho

Even then you’d have some twat moaning and whingeing about it. 

Following his departure from Cardiff, Warnock is now 6/1 with SkyBet to become the new Hearts boss, while he sits at 12/1 for the Hibs job.

And the former Sheffield United manager, who owns a house in Dunoon, has already spoken this season about his desire to manage one of the two Edinburgh clubs.

“I’ve always fancied one of them – Hibs and Hearts,” Warnock told the Edinburgh Evening News back in September.

“It appeals to me up there with them being neighbours.

bringonthesevco

Id take him as manager until the end of next Season with Naisy as his player /assistant , then in 18 months Warnock moves to SD and Naisy takes over ...

1 minute ago, bringonthesevco said:

Id take him as manager until the end of next Season with Naisy as his player /assistant , then in 18 months Warnock moves to SD and Naisy takes over ..

That's where I am, everything must be geared to Naisy taking over 

52 minutes ago, The Merse said:

Not that I’m for Warnock but Roy Hodgson has continued to be a good manager well into his 70’s.

Not saying it wouldn't work but it would be nothing more than a short term fix imo.

Had this been March 2020 and we were in a relegation battle, Warnock would be the man for the job without question. He gets results. 

But I’m hoping we’re looking in a different direction for someone younger and hungrier who plays an attacking, high tempo, high pressing game, that unites and entertains the support. 

So nah, not for me. I do like old Neil though. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Since when do we turn our nose up at managers that have done well in the Championship and managed in the EPL?

Who the **** do we think we are?

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Just behind Majorca for me, but been back a few times. 

Majorca was great but felt more like a holiday than a Euro trip if you know what I mean.

29 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Had this been March 2020 and we were in a relegation battle, Warnock would be the man for the job without question. He gets results. 

But I’m hoping we’re looking in a different direction for someone younger and hungrier who plays an attacking, high tempo, high pressing game, that unites and entertains the support. 

So nah, not for me. I do like old Neil though. 

So that's no to Steve McClaren and a no to Neil Warnock? You're in for rude awakening when it's Neil McCann or Austin MacPhee!

Edited by Mr Elwood P

2 hours ago, 132goals1958 said:

Both Warnock and Magath have had their day in the sun.A last hurrah to top up their pension and maybe upping sticks when things go awry is far from ideal. I want a young head coach who is on the way up with high energy levels and something to prove.

Not many young coaches out there that stick around at the same club a few years. 

Not saying Warnock is the answer but age is no relevance. Probably more chance of an older head staying for longer. 

16 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Majorca was great but felt more like a holiday than a Euro trip if you know what I mean.

Yes, football on the beach was holiday-like. 

12 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

So that's no to Steve McClaren and a no to Neil Warnock? You're in for rude awakening when it's Neil McCann or Austin MacPhee!

Feckin right it’s a no to McLaren. 😄 He did a good job at Boro’ about 16 year ago when they had a clutch of top notch players and at Twente when all the big sides were going through a transitional period. Pretty much a disaster everywhere else. 

Magath is out of touch and his methods would lead to complete negativity and disharmony in the squad. 

Less so Warnock, I like him, always have, I just don’t like his style of football. If he were appointed then I’d be fine with that because he gets results but he’s a short term appointment at best. It’s not the way forward, let’s be honest.

I think the board are in for a or a rude awakening if they appoint McCann. If Austin is still incharge at Killie, gets another result and then gets the job, folk will be less irate because they see improvement. Can’t see anyone on here being happy with McCann.

Anyone coming in however will have to be decent. Ann’s heid is on the chopping block here. She’s saved face by punting Levein but she needs to make the right call here. 

More will quit so they can be considered for the Hearts job - Jurgen is refusing to extend his deal, Pep has always loved George Street for buying jackets...There is more to come here. Hold...hold...HOLD...

Spoke to a couple of Cardiff fans and they loved what they done for them getting to the Prem.

They said the football is honking though but when you are winning you don't mind but when it's on the other foot it's shit.They also said he only has one way of playing and teams learn to cope with it pretty quick

Guest ToqueJambo

Cheeky loan bid for Calum P please if their new manager doesn't fancy him. Christ, we've missed him.

Surprised at calls for him as our manager considering his dinosaur and industrial, long ball football reputation.

Edited by ToqueJambo

17 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Cheeky loan bid for Calum P please if their new manager doesn't fancy him. Christ, we've missed him.

Surprised at calls for him as our manager considering his dinosaur and industrial, long ball football reputation.

Can you imagine paterson coming back now, be amazing. Smith injured paterson, whelan paterson, naismith paterson, literally any position stick paterson right In there and I'd expect to win the game 

hearts 4 the cup
3 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Since when do we turn our nose up at managers that have done well in the Championship and managed in the EPL?

Who the **** do we think we are?

Agree with this - Warnock or Magath would be huge appointments for us. Might not work and are gambles like any appointment would be but both have great experience and would command respect from the squad 

Guest ToqueJambo
49 minutes ago, Heriot_jambo said:

Can you imagine paterson coming back now, be amazing. Smith injured paterson, whelan paterson, naismith paterson, literally any position stick paterson right In there and I'd expect to win the game 

Naisy's voice will also go eventually so we need someone else with a good pair of lungs on him to moan at folk.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

A very good manager. We’d be mad to turn our nose up at appointing Neil warnock as manager if he actually wants to still be a manager that is. Given his comments a couple of months ago about wanting to manage in Edinburgh there’s more to this story. 

It should have been ten
6 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

A very good manager. We’d be mad to turn our nose up at appointing Neil warnock as manager if he actually wants to still be a manager that is. Given his comments a couple of months ago about wanting to manage in Edinburgh there’s more to this story. 

This 

Coburg Hearts

Mark Donaldson has just said on Talk Radio that he would love Neil Warnock to be our next manager. Did have the caveat, though, that he has said he is retiring at the end of the season. 

Edited by Coburg Hearts