• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• soonbe110

• Hectormasson

• Beast Boy

34 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We'd either be double winners next season or relegated. 

Seems like he would be unbelievable or a complete wipe out. 

Seems the way at most clubs he has been at great or complete shite no middle ground.

1 hour ago, The Merse said:

Can’t shake the feeling he’d been an unmitigated disaster.

Indeed. Unhinged. We’ve done unhinged.

I want hinged and hungry.

2 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

3 x Bundesliga titles.

2 x German cup.

1 x German League cup.

3 x German Football Manager of the Year awards.

But aye he’s a bit daft....

I know what a lot of crap some people post 

This guy has tremendous pedigree 

how many managers have we had in the last 30 years that have won actually anything ..... it ain’t many 

HEARTS FOREVER
1 hour ago, Doc Rob said:

This is a man who has managed to win one of the major leagues in Europe with an unfashionable club. That by itself merits serious consideration. What more do we want?

Exactly

2 hours ago, Cut The Crap said:

Great player but his time as a manager has been and gone.

I think his time as a player has probably been and gone too, tbh!

4 hours ago, Thought Police said:

Probably the best pedigree out of anyone applying. Barry saying he's very keen on Scotland, but I'd wonder why.

All Germans love Scotland...

At least his “madness” would give the media a stick to beat us with. Folk not wanting him but hoping for Stephen f’n Robinson. You couldn’t make it up

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

At least his “madness” would give the media a stick to beat us with. Folk not wanting him but hoping for Stephen f’n Robinson. You couldn’t make it up

Mental. 

1 hour ago, NB GIN said:

how many managers have we had in the last 30 years that have won actually anything ..... it ain’t many 

Take him asap 👏🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

As with all things, money will talk. 

If Austin keeps winning, his salary and the internal backroom changes will coat vastly less. So it will be a sensible bussiness and footballing decision. That is, IF he keeps winning though.

What would Felix and his team cost, and what length of contract would be acceptable? A 12 month rolling slightly protects us from a hefty payoff if he does a Fulham with us. The best qualified manager may seriously threaten the club financially. And living within our means is essential. Maybe if he is desperate to come and money isn't an issue we could be an interesting project for him.

Also, has he ever operated at a club with our budget? He got the best out of top professionals in a top European league. Can he replicate it at our level? Of course, we don't know until it happens. 

It would never happen, but seeing Mourinhio and Guardiola at Notts County and Leyton Orient without hundreds of millions to spend would be really interesting. That's why I really respect big players who drop down the leagues like Sheringham etc... 

Borders Jambo
30 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

No offence but I'd prefer neither of them

33 minutes ago, Borders Jambo said:

No offence but I'd prefer neither of them

Fair do’s. All about opinions. Boy has won stuff as a player and manager. His age and ability to relate to modern players might be an issue

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Germany is rife with talented coaches. Take Frank Schmidt for example. Felix Magath has been left behind for a reason I suspect 

Just now, Sir Gio said:

Germany is rife with talented coaches. Take Frank Schmidt for example. Felix Magath has been left behind for a reason I suspect 

This 

There are Gems all through the german leagues 

2 hours ago, NB GIN said:

Seven by my reckoning.

Guest ToqueJambo

With our injuries, cheesemongers in Edinburgh will be ecstatic! 

From wikipedia: "After leaving Fulham in September 2014, bizarre stories emerged about how Magath had suggested that Brede Hangeland rub cheese on a thigh injury."

Tricky one to assess. Was good and highly thought of 10+ years ago, bit like Alex McLeish, our own Mr Levein and loads more. 

Jambo, Goodbye
7 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Keep him away from Tynie! We've had enough madness in the last twenty years to last a lifetime. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
12 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Same era and generation as SAF and Wenger. Sadly both now past it and yesterday’s men. Hard to believe Magath is anything different. 
would take either of the first two as sporting Director if they were interested though. 

Fergie has retire after an imperious career - not sure of the relevance?

5 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

From wikipedia: "After leaving Fulham in September 2014, bizarre stories emerged about how Magath had suggested that Brede Hangeland rub cheese on a thigh injury."

Tricky one to assess. Was good and highly thought of 10+ years ago, bit like Alex McLeish, our own Mr Levein and loads more. 

It is odd that Hearts fans would turn their nose up at a 3 times Bundeslega winner.

I get the “wacky” concern. But equally he’s won one of the toughest leagues in the world 3 times FFS.

Only German at the moment i'd consider is Daniel Stendel. Felix!? No thanks. Apparently even Hibs took one look at his application and threw it out straight away. I see Pep Guardiola has apparently been recommending Raul Caneda Perez to them. (Never heard of him) If he is worth looking at then I hope he's recommended him to Hearts as well.

I see Billy Davies (again), Graham Alexander, Dougie Freedman (the usual suspects) along with Neil Warnock are being mentioned again. At least Pressley. McCann and Robbo's names have been dropped, at least for now.

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Tbh, He'd only be like McLeish or Levein if they'd won the league with hibs/ Hearts. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

18 hours ago, JamboSpur said:

Some weird stories on his antics at Fulham.

Cheese on injuries, hill runs on day before match, injured players to call their mum's night before games.

Fulham lost a game, on way home on coach they stopped off at training pitch and he made the players stand in their formation on the pitch for an hour.

Sounds as mad as Romanov.

Might work.cheese hamstrings😄

1 hour ago, Hearts007 said:

Might work.cheese hamstrings😄

Cheese hamstrings... Arrrrrghrrrrghrrrrrrrgh.......

homer-simpson-feature1.png?w=807

Jack Torrance
On 11/11/2019 at 17:00, soonbe110 said:

Same era and generation as SAF and Wenger. Sadly both now past it and yesterday’s men. Hard to believe Magath is anything different. 
would take either of the first two as sporting Director if they were interested though. 

Claudio Ranieri is 68. Just saying.

The stopping the team bus and making them stand for an hour in formation incident is a beauty,he is absolutely mental.

Might have been a good coach in the past but hugely eccentric and not for the modern game 

17 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

A bit like levein, except for the fact this guy was once 10 times the manager then levein has ever been. Hearts saying no too him as he is “past it” would be like Spartans saying no to levein because he’s “past it”. 

20 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Why ? I personally think it should be Stephen Robinson . 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Dayman said:

A bit like levein, except for the fact this guy was once 10 times the manager then levein has ever been. Hearts saying no too him as he is “past it” would be like Spartans saying no to levein because he’s “past it”. 

Levein and McLeish at our level were good managers a long time ago. Then they couldn’t replicate it years later, possibly because football has changed. That’s the only point I was making.

Edited by ToqueJambo

7 minutes ago, Wee man said:

Why ? I personally think it should be Stephen Robinson . 

Based on everything he’s won as a manager?

Or his successful playing career?

Folk falling over themselves to call out Levein for being a loser but want this guy even though a Craig Levein “inspired” team  knocked his Motherwell team out of the LC this year. 
Your entitled to your opinion but I just don’t get the love in for him. I certainly don’t see him as a step up from CL to be honest

20 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Levein and McLeish at our level were good managers a long time ago. Then they couldn’t replicate it years later, possibly because football has changed. That’s the only point I was making.

Yeah I understand that. The point I was making is that Magath has never been anywhere close to our level. Levein peaked arguably at hearts. Magath peaked at one of the greatest teams the worlds ever seen, and did the double double with them. Just because he’s past it a bit, doesn’t mean we should turn him down. Would you turn down Fergie?

Southern Jambo

As a lifelong Jambos supporter and foundation pledger since day 1, I urge the powers that be at Hearts not to employ Felix Magath. I've lived in London and been a season ticket holder at Fulham for the last 20 years and Felix was a complete and utter disaster as a manager. He took a poor Premier League team and turned them into a hopeless Championship team in under a season and left the club in real danger of a second relegation. I fear he'll be just as disasterous at Hearts.