Derek Adams Leak

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Lord Beni of Gorgie
24 minutes ago, jambonian said:

You can manage anyone if you're given resources. When Davie Moyes ruled himself out, the reason for me is that it's because we have no major resources and he probably thought/knew he would fail. People like him and others that have managed bigger clubs in England are chequebook managers, not real managers. I'd love to see what the likes of Jose Mourinho or Ranieri would do with a club like Hearts with no resources, well the type they'd need, not a lot would be my guess. People like them would be scared of the challenge. Even Brendan Rogers would struggle at Hearts. I'd like us to bring in a manager from abroad who would love the challenge the same as Paulo Sergio did. 'd rather not bring in ex-players again like Robertson and definitely not Neilson. If money is so tight that we need to get someone from within Scotland then looking around, there is really only Robinson now, realistically. And if it's true that they really are looking at the likes of Derek Adams then we really are up shit creek wi'oot a paddle.

Excellent post 

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Coburg Hearts

• GinRummy

Top Posters In This Topic

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
2 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Left to become hibs assistant.

Image result for duncan bannatyne i'm out

25 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

:wtfvlad:

We might have a shortlist of 10 names. So what if he was offered an interview. He hasn’t turned us down, and we likely wouldn’t have hired him. But I’d rather have had Adams than Jack Ross that’s for sure.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
23 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I’m not one for talking down Scotland or Hearts etc but people need to face facts and your point there is one people are losing sight of. 
It’s both a decent job and a rock and a hard place for managers. How many good managers and teams have we seen? I’ve been watching since mid 80’s and in the main we’ve been pretty shit with a season here and there. We are in a better place now but we don’t pay enough to attract top candidates. I remember them rubbishing Gerrard as he had no experience :lol: like he’d have ever come to Hearts. 
Our fans are deluded and live in cuckoo land. 
Every name mentioned gets rubbished by somebody on here. 
There’s going to be some disappointed fans in a few weeks imo. 

That is my take. Hence why I believe they are only too pleased that this is out.

Softening the blow, lowering the expectations 

Howdy Doody Jambo
29 minutes ago, jambonian said:

You can manage anyone if you're given resources. When Davie Moyes ruled himself out, the reason for me is that it's because we have no major resources and he probably thought/knew he would fail. People like him and others that have managed bigger clubs in England are chequebook managers, not real managers. I'd love to see what the likes of Jose Mourinho or Ranieri would do with a club like Hearts with no resources, well the type they'd need, not a lot would be my guess. People like them would be scared of the challenge. Even Brendan Rogers would struggle at Hearts. I'd like us to bring in a manager from abroad who would love the challenge the same as Paulo Sergio did. 'd rather not bring in ex-players again like Robertson and definitely not Neilson. If money is so tight that we need to get someone from within Scotland then looking around, there is really only Robinson now, realistically. And if it's true that they really are looking at the likes of Derek Adams then we really are up shit creek wi'oot a paddle.

100% this 

jack D and coke
4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

That is my take. Hence why I believe they are only too pleased that this is out.

Softening the blow, lowering the expectations 

Yeah I’m not going to be that surprised when someone of this ilk is unveiled. 

kingantti1874
32 minutes ago, jambonian said:

why Stendel is near top of my wish list

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I think it has been quickly realised high profile were not well chosen words

6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I'm in this boat too.  I think he could do great things at Hearts.

5 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

**** knows why, but I eventually followed the link and read the story. At no point does it say he was getting offered the job, and the "miss out" headline is nonsense too. I knew that before rising to the click-bait, but there you go. The whole article is basically just making a big thing out of not very much at all, and the tone of the headline is as mocking as you would expect from The Sun. Hearts miss out to League 2 Club. Gies peace. 🙄

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

That might be the sort of manager we need to look at. People like him will have no inferior complex regarding the old firm, just like Sergio. I said on the Stendel post the other day that I hadn't even thought about him but after watching the video, you'd think it was actually Hearts it was about, in terms of what Ann Budge said we are looking for. The coaching background of where he comes from would at least make us very difficult to beat, well organised, getting the best out of (and improving) the players already there, encouraging youth and players knowing what they're supposed to be doing. If we could've managed to afford him then he would be a serious contender in my book.

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

**** knows why, but I eventually followed the link and read the story. At no point does it say he was getting offered the job, and the "miss out" headline is nonsense too. I knew that before rising to the click-bait, but there you go. The whole article is basically just making a big thing out of not very much at all, and the tone of the headline is as mocking as you would expect from The Sun. Hearts miss out to League 2 Club. Gies peace. 🙄

It’s laughable the shit these papers publish.

1 hour ago, jbee647 said:

I’m genuinely worried if that’s the type of candidate we are even considering.

id take Stephen Robinson right now ...

Agreed not a huge fan of Robinson but Adams would have been a disaster.

3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It’s laughable the shit these papers publish.

It's always better when someone copies and pastes the article along with the link, and takes one for the team before they get what they want through clicks, so here:

HEARTS failed in a dramatic move for Derek Adams – after he’d already agreed to become Morecambe manager.

The ex-Ross County and Plymouth boss ended his six-and-a-half-month spell out of the game by taking over at the League Two club.

Adams had already given his word to Morecambe

But SunSport understands the Jambos made contact with the 44-year-old on Thursday afternoon hoping to speak to him about replacing the sacked Craig Levein.

Adams, however, had already given his word to Shrimps co-chairmen Graham Howse and Rod Taylor that he would succeed Jim Bentley who quit last week after eight years in charge to become AFC Fylde boss.

Hearts would ordinarily have been of huge interest to Adams whose managerial CV is impressive.

But he wasn’t prepared to break a commitment to Howse and Taylor after they’d offered him the post on Wednesday night.

Budge is searching for Levein's replacement

It’s believed Hearts owner Ann Budge is looking to draw up a shortlist within the next 48-hours ahead of interviews next week.

She is also looking to appoint a new sporting director following the exit of Levein who had operated as that plus manager.

Among others in the frame for the hot-seat are Motherwell manager Stephen Robinson plus Caley Thistle boss and Jambos legend John Robertson.

But interest is strong with candidates also emerging from England and Europe.

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

jack D and coke
16 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I’m sure Ann thinks Craig Levein is high profile. 
I know she also had to say we were looking for a high profile man that but it’s given licence for our fans to start dissing this that and next one as being beneath us. 
Laughable expectations from some of us. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

It's always better when someone copies and pastes the article along with the link, and takes one for the team before they get what they want through clicks, so here:

HEARTS failed in a dramatic move for Derek Adams – after he’d already agreed to become Morecambe manager.

The ex-Ross County and Plymouth boss ended his six-and-a-half-month spell out of the game by taking over at the League Two club.

Adams had already given his word to Morecambe

But SunSport understands the Jambos made contact with the 44-year-old on Thursday afternoon hoping to speak to him about replacing the sacked Craig Levein.

Adams, however, had already given his word to Shrimps co-chairmen Graham Howse and Rod Taylor that he would succeed Jim Bentley who quit last week after eight years in charge to become AFC Fylde boss.

Hearts would ordinarily have been of huge interest to Adams whose managerial CV is impressive.

But he wasn’t prepared to break a commitment to Howse and Taylor after they’d offered him the post on Wednesday night.

Budge is searching for Levein's replacement

It’s believed Hearts owner Ann Budge is looking to draw up a shortlist within the next 48-hours ahead of interviews next week.

She is also looking to appoint a new sporting director following the exit of Levein who had operated as that plus manager.

Among others in the frame for the hot-seat are Motherwell manager Stephen Robinson plus Caley Thistle boss and Jambos legend John Robertson.

But interest is strong with candidates also emerging from England and Europe.

Understands is the media’s buzz word.

Adam_the_legend
21 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

No one “high profile” wants to take over a bottom of the league team where the old manager/DOF is still employed and has influence? 

6 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Understands is the media’s buzz word.

A source close to the *insert stadium name here* club

SunSport understands

*insert stadium name here* insiders

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

Adam_the_legend
3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I know she also had to say we were looking for a high profile man that but it’s given licence for our fans to start dissing this that and next one as being beneath us. 

Spot on. Everyone seems to have their own definition of high profile. Lots of disappointment incoming me thinks. 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

A source close to the *insert stadium name here*

SunSport understands

*insert stadium name here* insiders

Correct.

Glamorgan Jambo

One thing that we can all see very clearly is the Hearts board doesn't do leaks. 

So safe to say that all the press leaking so far has come from the side of potential applicants. Interesting that Robinson's name is already associated with the NI International job. 

Robbo gets the benefit of the doubt because of his legend status and the fact that its direct quotes taken in response to questions at a press conference. 

This endless speculation and rumour mongering is just all pish and nonsense. People getting angry and pissed off about pure fantasy. 

Just wait until we have an announcement and pray we've not gone from the frying pan into the fire.

It’s hard to think of a manager ( within our budget ) that isn’t going to be met by a chorus of disapproval from some fans. Such is life with the internet. It was a lot easier when the odd letter to the editor was the club board’s  biggest worry. 

28 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Plymouth were shite in league one with him 

Big Plymouth fan are you? Watch all the games do you?

Stomach rumbling is it?

35 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

No one “high profile” wants to take over a bottom of the league team where the old manager/DOF is still employed and has influence? 

Selected facts. Completely ignoring any positives and also incorrect because plenty of managers will be interested. 

3 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Stomach rumbling is it?

Wtf  he was very good in league two   had a decent season in league one and then failed in it.  Do you watch their game or are you another one that's looking for help getting erect? You can **** off as well  

6 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Stomach rumbling is it?

Explain your stomach comment? I haven't got a four by two what you're on about  

My stomach is fine  are you feeling that wee unfulfilled ache?  You needing love etc?

Edited by FruitJuice

10 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

This endless speculation and rumour mongering is just all pish and nonsense. People getting angry and pissed off about pure fantasy. 

Just wait until we have an announcement and pray we've not gone from the frying pan into the fire.

At least we got out the frying pan and didn’t just wait to be frazzled. 

The Apprentice

For the record Adams' Ross County teams were absolutely brutal to watch.  His starting X1 regularly full of guys well over 6ft plucked from the Dutch 2nd Division and not a pass played along the deck.  I remember one game up there in particular when we lost 2 late goals to lose a 1-0 lead in the season we went down - both goals literally punts into the box which were headed in.

If there is any truth in the link I really doubt we were going to offer him the job.  It would most likely be an interview at best along with the other candidates we are interested in.  The fact he's got a solid job offer on the table will be why he's taken that option, rather than risk losing to talk to us and end up with nothing.

2 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Explain your stomach comment? I haven't got a four by two what you're on about  

Funnily enough that really doesn't surprise me 🙂

2 hours ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

nonsense. Doesn’t fit the criteria as stated by Budge. Can hardly say she wants a high profile experienced manager then pull out a card like that. Would argue Robinson doesn’t fit the criteria either.

Robinson will not be our next manager. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

caught one eh? Hope you had a box of tissues handy.

I edited my post to let him.know that I won't answer any of his posts again   he's really weird 

Hearts do very well controlling leaks at the club so if this is in the press it’s from Adams and his agent. I don’t believe this one is true, it’s just someone linking his client with some kudos. 

It’s the same with Robinson, he’s linked as our “top target” and Hibs are apparently keen too. Watch as he gets neither job 

Adam_the_legend
13 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Selected facts. Completely ignoring any positives and also incorrect because plenty of managers will be interested. 

Was playing devil’s advocate. Most candidates won’t have an affinity for Hearts like fans or ex players so would look at things without the maroon tinted specs. There WILL be immediate pressure to climb the table and CL IS still employed by Hearts. Selected facts but facts nonetheless. 

“Sun Sport understands Rangers are lining up a sensational bid for Hearts starlet Aaron Hickey....” 

“Sun Sport understands Rangers have turned down in excess of £3000 million Trillion for Morelos...” 

No quotes. No evidence. Just made up non sense. Nothing new from that rag. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Levein was the national coach and took charge of Leicester City. 

Yeah,  high profile does not mean currently on the rise either.

However I don't think Adams was either. Fairly well known in the North East,  his father certainly had a strong reputation,  not so much Derek. Personality traits maybe not what would succeed at Hearts either 

5 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Why do you feel he would be a disaster ?

Fair question.

His record is solid (and actually pretty decent in Scotland) and, whilst it would probably be an underwhelming appointment i hardly feel it would be in the Neil McCann envelope.

I genuinely have no idea what we can expect. Perhaps a highly-regarded assistant/coach at an EPL club?

2 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Any evidence of this or did someone just hear something again? Noisy as **** the Hearts boardroom with the number of people hearing things on here.

amount of players signed "out of the blue" over the last few years. Things were very tight.

All of a sudden, rumours aplenty.

agreed, horseshit.

Social media of today, we want constant updates and immediate action.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Fair question.

His record is solid (and actually pretty decent in Scotland) and, whilst it would probably be an underwhelming appointment i hardly feel it would be in the Neil McCann envelope.

I genuinely have no idea what we can expect. Perhaps a highly-regarded assistant/coach at an EPL club?

Quirky lad. I really don't believe he would fit either fans or players. Probably the boardroom though