Derek Adams Leak

Lord Beni of Gorgie

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

We need folk who have no care for the  OF or links to Scottish football imo.

Knowledge of Scottish Football but success in it could bring that

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Coburg Hearts

• Nookie Bear

Top Posters In This Topic

Pasquale for King
Just now, rudi must stay said:

Knowledge of Scottish Football but success in it could bring that

Apart from Sergio who else would you say? I had barely stopped laughing about John Hughes for Hibs when I saw he was linked with them again 🙈😆. He won a trophy, but still sucks up to the OF.

rudi must stay
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Apart from Sergio who else would you say? I had barely stopped laughing about John Hughes for Hibs when I saw he was linked with them again 🙈😆. He won a trophy, but still sucks up to the OF.

I like Ronnie Deila as a shout, always have for us. He did legendary work with a small club in Norway, he made losers winners with his winning mentality 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I like Ronnie Deila as a shout, always have for us. He did legendary work with a small club in Norway, he made losers winners with his winning mentality 

Someone like him yes, not him though as he’s tainted by the OF and only had a 50% trophy win rate at Celtic with absolutely no competition.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Someone like him yes, not him though as he’s tainted by the OF and only had a 50% trophy win rate at Celtic with absolutely no competition.

I think there is a distinction between someone like Deila who was a celtic manager and someone like Henrik Larsson, Moyes or Peter Grant who would drop us in a moment if they got the call from Lawell.

Coburg Hearts
2 hours ago, Jambo647 said:

The issue and concern for Hearts fans is that Derek Adams may have even been considered for the Hearts job

very worrying if his name was even mentioned...

Hearts have absolutely no control over who applies for the job. Why can't some people not understand this?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Hearts have absolutely no control over who applies for the job. Why can't some people not understand this?

No control over who applies,  but certainly control over who we might source. 

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

John Robertson Sporting Director

Stendel manager

would be my first choice right now.. happy characters around the club 

That could be a dream team.

Coburg Hearts
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

No control over who applies,  but certainly control over who we might source. 

No offence, Gio, but I feel you're being a tad paranoid on this. (Leaking it to the sun)

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

This is probably more like it. 

I would be amazed if we haven’t received applications from far better managers than Derek Adams.

Forgetting Budges “very experienced, high profile” quote there is no way that the club will not be shortlisting and interviewing for this post. Whoever interviews best will get the job. For a newspaper to suggest we were just going to circumvent the whole process by going straight for Adams is, quite frankly, utter nonsense.

Especially when the deadline date for applications had still to expire. 

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Absolutely because it wasn’t like last time we did a big recruitment process and then just appointed Levein.

You really think she has learned nothing and is going to do the same again? Really?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

No offence, Gio, but I feel you're being a tad paranoid on this. (Leaking it to the sun)

Possibly. Cynical more than paranoid,  world is an evil place  CH :lol:

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Thing is mate, the Sporting Director will probably be 60% administrator 40% football guy.

More likely the be someone who that has been a Chief Scout/Head of Recruitment and a Sporting Director. Joe Savage of Preston or Stuart Harvey of Blackburn fit the bill.

I doubt it will be a current or former football manager. 

You are probably correct, though Robbo seemed to do a great job when an ambassador for the club. (I know there is no comparison between the two jobs)

Coburg Hearts
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Possibly. Cynical more than paranoid,  world is an evil place  CH :lol:

You'll get no arguments from me on that score, Sir G. haha

PS I was supposed to be going out about half an hour ago, but I can't seem to finish reading this *&$%&* thread. haha

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

Agent - "Aye Hearts took his CV and said they'd be in touch"

The Scum - "HEARTS MISS OUT ON DEREK ADAMS LIKE"

This is the most likely scenario.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
19 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

You'll get no arguments from me on that score, Sir G. haha

PS I was supposed to be going out about half an hour ago, but I can't seem to finish reading this *&$%&* thread. haha

Who do you fancy or would be content with?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
45 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

You really think she has learned nothing and is going to do the same again? Really?

Look at her recently handling of the football side. Doesn’t inspire confidence?

13 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Look at her recently handling of the football side. Doesn’t inspire confidence?

She explained her reasoning, she wanted to give Levein a fair crack of the whip by giving him the first round of fixtures. That was obviously a misjudgment as almost everyone knew it was never going to work out based on his performance the previous two seasons.

Strangely enough her decision to stick by Levein for so long could ultimately work in our favour, with applicants knowing she will give them time to turn things around. 

Make no no mistake this will be a tough gig for the new boss. There are players there that are not good enough for Hearts albeit he will have to manage them well until finances allow for an overhaul.

Budge has to get this appointment right and the fans need to be patient.

Bridge of Djoum
7 hours ago, Dunks said:

The Sun

:rofl:

2nd time this week I’ve said this. Anyone reading, buying or quoting that comic is an idiot, as for believing anything they print as regards to football in Scotland... that’s a special kind of lunacy. 

Bridge of Djoum
6 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

**** knows why, but I eventually followed the link and read the story. At no point does it say he was getting offered the job, and the "miss out" headline is nonsense too. I knew that before rising to the click-bait, but there you go. The whole article is basically just making a big thing out of not very much at all, and the tone of the headline is as mocking as you would expect from The Sun. Hearts miss out to League 2 Club. Gies peace. 🙄

Indeed. 

The Sun relies on its readership simply taking facts from headlines which have little to do with the “story”, such as it is. 

“The Sun understands”

”our source”

“A close friend”

not a quote of worth in that sordid little rag. 

4 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

2nd time this week I’ve said this. Anyone reading, buying or quoting that comic is an idiot, as for believing anything they print as regards to football in Scotland... that’s a special kind of lunacy. 

There was one journalist who knew what was going on at Tynecastle who worked for the Sun. The irony is now that he works for Hibs.

Big pals with Phil Turnbull.....him of the daft haircut.

Bridge of Djoum
6 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

There was one journalist who knew what was going on at Tynecastle who worked for the Sun. The irony is now that he works for Hibs.

Big pals with Phil Turnbull.....him of the daft haircut.

Which “journalist” was it? 

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Notts1874 said:

Kenny Millar.

I’ve heard of him. Is he any good, though?

The worst sycophant is that cretin Chris Jack. Calls himself a journalist, won awards, apparently and if you check his Twitter feed you’ll struggle to find a post not concerning “Rangers”, even more rare is any mention of them in a negative fashion. 

I digress...

I’d like to think we are aiming higher than Derek Adams, not that I think we “missed out” on him. Seems to have had a decent go at management, albeit in the lower leagues. 

3 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

The worst sycophant is that cretin Chris Jack. Calls himself a journalist, won awards, apparently and if you check his Twitter feed you’ll struggle to find a post not concerning “Rangers”, even more rare is any mention of them in a negative fashion. 

I digress...

I’d like to think we are aiming higher than Derek Adams, not that I think we “missed out” on him. Seems to have had a decent go at management, albeit in the lower leagues. 

4 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

I digress...

He was always on the ball with Hearts news.

Ironic as he is Hibs daft.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
23 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

I digress...

Kenny Millar is a really good lad tbf

An ex Hibs assistant manager,

A man who has a reputation of being difficult to manage

Sorry not for me and taking the job with Morecambe just reinforces my thoughts

We can and need to do better

I have to add though that I think this is just one of the fake news items we will endure for the next couple of weeks

Edited by CJGJ

Coburg Hearts
2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Who do you fancy or would be content with?

About the only one on those lists that excites me a bit is Daniel Stendel. The Barnsley fans seemed to really take to him, though what I know about him is only what I've read on here. Like any appointment it will be a risk, perhaps bigger than some others, but it could pay off. 

4 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

We currently have an ex Hibs assistant/coach assisting the interim manager, and his appointment to first team duties was pretty unanimously approved of on here. 

Coburg Hearts

She explained her reasoning, she wanted to give Levein a fair crack of the whip by giving him the first round of fixtures. That was obviously a misjudgment as almost everyone knew it was never going to work out based on his performance the previous two seasons.

Strangely enough her decision to stick by Levein for so long could ultimately work in our favour, with applicants knowing she will give them time to turn things around. 

Make no no mistake this will be a tough gig for the new boss. There are players there that are not good enough for Hearts albeit he will have to manage them well until finances allow for an overhaul.

Thanks for saving me the trouble of replying. :thumbsup:

Easy to say in hindsight. Previous two seasons had three months at top of the league, semi-final and a final. 
I do agree though that the fact she was prepared  to give him time will be a plus with any potential managers. 
your last para is the same when any club changes manager otherwise they wouldn’t be changing. Substitute Arsenal,  Man U, et al for Hearts and it’s the same - players that are not good enough. 

1 hour ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Indeed. 

The Sun relies on its readership simply taking facts from headlines which have little to do with the “story”, such as it is. 

“The Sun understands”

”our source”

“A close friend”

not a quote of worth in that sordid little rag. 

The Sun relies on readers who can’t either read or think. Maybe both. 

1 minute ago, SUTOL said:

We currently have an ex Hibs assistant/coach assisting the interim manager, and his appointment to first team duties was pretty unanimously approved of on here. 

With long links to our club first and as part of a previous management team at our club so hardly the point that was being made 

Adams has no history with us unlike Park

Sorry but Adams is just not good enough in my opinion but if he's your man then so be it...I do think though you've dodged a bullet if he was on your list

31 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Kenny Millar is a really good lad tbf

As much as it’s a rag, for football stories exclusives etc, they (The Sun) have a far higher success rate than all the other publications... 

Edited by Jambo647

Guest ToqueJambo
9 hours ago, JI TEES said:

Media are having a field day at our expense! This report and another report going about this morning that Jack Ross is going to KNOCK US back amid Hibs interest! Unreal really hope we are going for better than this dross!

They're creating their own pretend stories. Story 1: Hearts/Hibs interested in X (despite no quotes). Story 2: X gets another job means he snubs Hearts/Hibs. If we had a firm first choice in mind we'd have already started talks.

jack D and coke
17 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

About the only one on those lists that excites me a bit is Daniel Stendel. The Barnsley fans seemed to really take to him, though what I know about him is only what I've read on here. Like any appointment it will be a risk, perhaps bigger than some others, but it could pay off. 

I know it sounds strange but I want someone like this Stendel and I mean that because no one really has any pre conceptions. 
Any other appointment that is known to a large section of the fanbase will lead to howls and groans. A guy like Stendel will properly get a clean slate and everyone behind him and dare I say a bit of time too. 

23 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

A man who has a reputation of being difficult to manage

Sorry not for me and taking the job with Morecambe just reinforces my thoughts

We can and need to do better

I have to add though that I think this is just one of the fake news items we will endure for the next couple of weeks

Do you believe everything you read in the press though?

Coburg Hearts
3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I know it sounds strange but I want someone like this Stendel and I mean that because no one really has any pre conceptions. 
Any other appointment that is known to a large section of the fanbase will lead to howls and groans. A guy like Stendel will properly get a clean slate and everyone behind him and dare I say a bit of time too. 

You make very good points that I hadn't thought of.

4 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Do you believe everything you read in the press though?

No but I do believe people I know who worked with him and as I said if you think he was the one then good for you but simply not good enough in my eyes...…..you do seem somewhat upset at anyone daring to question his abilities though and given he was just one on a long list of fake manager stories I wonder why

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Coburg Hearts said:

You make very good points that I hadn't thought of.

Seen somebody earlier mention Robbo as sporting director and Stendel as manager. As good a suggestion as I’ve seen tbh. 
Always felt Robbo hasn’t ever really been treated with the respect he deserves either I’d love to see him back. He’s a positive guy and two appointments like that I really couldn’t imagine a single Hearts supporter not getting right behind that. 

Coburg Hearts
1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

Seen somebody earlier mention Robbo as sporting director and Stendel as manager. As good a suggestion as I’ve seen tbh. 
Always felt Robbo hasn’t ever really been treated with the respect he deserves either I’d love to see him back. He’s a positive guy and two appointments like that I really couldn’t imagine a single Hearts supporter not getting right behind that. 

Yes, I replied to that suggestion earlier, saying it could be a dream team, and the whole fan base would surely be behind them. (I'm sure one or two might not be happy, but 99.9 % would. That would do me)

2 hours ago, corryjambo said:

Bet you he won't have Jamie Hamill as his assistant at Morecambe,

Forgot all about this. 

He wasn't the brightest of lads. 

We’re basically chasing the Holy Grail here - we’re looking for a manager who is capable of making a club competitive at the top level with fewer resources than their rivals. There aren’t many managers around who are capable of that, and those that prove they are tend to get headhunted for jobs at big clubs fairly rapidly. Doesn’t always translate though - for every Alex Ferguson there’s a Davie Moyes.

So it’s unlikely we will get anyone who has a track record of this sort of over-achievement. Our choice is a young manager with some success at a lower level and a thirst to prove himself, or a more experienced manager who may have over-achieved at one club, but has failed at others, and we have to hope he has the right chemistry with ours.

Adams fits the first category, though as AB has said we’re looking for an experienced and established manager, I expect he wasn’t first choice.

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

We’re basically chasing the Holy Grail here - we’re looking for a manager who is capable of making a club competitive at the top level with fewer resources than their rivals. There aren’t many managers around who are capable of that, and those that prove they are tend to get headhunted for jobs at big clubs fairly rapidly. Doesn’t always translate though - for every Alex Ferguson there’s a Davie Moyes.

So it’s unlikely we will get anyone who has a track record of this sort of over-achievement. Our choice is a young manager with some success at a lower level and a thirst to prove himself, or a more experienced manager who may have over-achieved at one club, but has failed at others, and we have to hope he has the right chemistry with ours.

Adams fits the first category, though as AB has said we’re looking for an experienced and established manager, I expect he wasn’t first choice.

You forgot to add we have a lot of really unrealistic and deluded fans too. 

Hearts are a good club there’s no doubt about that but it’s also a very difficult fit for pretty much all our managers. 

41 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

No but I do believe people I know who worked with him and as I said if you think he was the one then good for you but simply not good enough in my eyes...…..you do seem somewhat upset at anyone daring to question his abilities though and given he was just one on a long list of fake manager stories I wonder why

“people I know”

”you seem”

yaddah...