*** Heart of Midlothian v Rangers (League Cup Semi Final) Official Match Thread ***

kila

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

• Bazzas right boot

• Morgan

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Dunno the fitness situation but not surprised Uche is the first casualty of the post-Levein era. Hard to build any kind of system that doesn't involve just humping the ball to him and hoping for the best. Him being on the pitch brings out the worst instincts in our defenders when they have the ball, and his unpredictability and giving fouls away all the time must be frustrating as hell for supporting attacking players. I'm curious to see how this team does today. Right behind them!

Just now, Bridge of Djoum said:

Anger? I’m pishing my frillies laughing at some of the utter shite that some people post here. 

So you still like us? 

As I'm sure others have stated, bozanic, wighton, mclean and clare. Why?! No other hearts fan would have picked that line up. 

Anyway, moan over. I'll get right behind the boys today.... at hampden! Come on ye hearts!! 

Just now, FruitJuice said:

Sadly!  I'd check to see if McPhee isnt hiding an earpiece under all that hair... The first 20 mins should tell us if levein isnt involced.  Joke!

Or it might tell just how much McPhee has been involved.

7 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

A few comments on the team.

I love Uche but I am fed up with our tactics of lumping it up to him. Really hope under McPhee and going forward we will move away from the big target man approach.

Rangers will have been planning for going up against Uche all week so McPhee's tactics will be a surprise.

We played MacLean ahead of Uche in the Cup final which turned out OK.

Wighton has never impressed me so not happy that he is starting but it is a big chance for him. I would have had Morrison ahead of him.

Walker didn't look like he was quite up to speed on Wednesday night when he came on so fair enough that he is on the bench.

That's far too sensible for me.  Still looks like a weak line-up from an injury ridden squad.  Hoping for the best but hard to see how we can threaten Rangers.

With his physique and the amount of running he has to do playing one up it's no surprise Uche is not fit, he needs to be looked after. We have undoubtedly been unlucky with some injuries but the management of players needs to improve. 

It should have been ten
2 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Sadly!  I'd check to see if McPhee isnt hiding an earpiece under all that hair... The first 20 mins should tell us if levein isnt involced.  Joke!

Grow up you utter clown ✊🏼

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, FruitJuice said:

So you still like us? 

I consider you a friend and a confidant. 

Thank you. 

5 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Why are you so angry with folk on here? Last two posts are about opinion in here rather than the game.  Why the beef with other hearts fans?  Relax, we are in a semi...

Just another one embarrassed that he backed a loser all this time. 

Feels great to be moving on, hopefully into a brighter future. 

Bridge of Djoum
3 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Tell me you’re kidding with this. Please lord tell me it’s a joke. 

Graham Thomson
3 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Dunno the fitness situation but not surprised Uche is the first casualty of the post-Levein era. Hard to build any kind of system that doesn't involve just humping the ball to him and hoping for the best. Him being on the pitch brings out the worst instincts in our defenders when they have the ball, and his unpredictability and giving fouls away all the time must be frustrating as hell for supporting attacking players. I'm curious to see how this team does today. Right behind them!

Well said 👏👏

Just now, Bridge of Djoum said:

Did you not see the word "Joke" at the end?

What is wrong with everyone today - you're all high as kites!

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

:laugh:

Tom Hardy’s Dug
7 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

He's right 

JJ as new Sporting Director?

5 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

So are we looking to hold out 0-0 till subs made in 2nd half

Almost exactly what Paulo did against Celtic when we won the Cup against Hibs

Tom Hardy’s Dug
6 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Yet he was key to our result against them a few weeks ago

11 minutes ago, Angel eyes said:

Michael Stewart reckons Hearts/Ann budge  could do worse than approach Jim Jeffries for advice rather than Craig Levein! Chris Sutton sticking up for Levein in regards Ann budge with guidance.

Michael Stewart reckons his pubes are ginger.  Go ask JJ for advice on that.

3 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Mate, try slow deep breathing

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Menstrual cycle.

4 minutes ago, Jodami said:

With his physique and the amount of running he has to do playing one up it's no surprise Uche is not fit, he needs to be looked after. We have undoubtedly been unlucky with some injuries but the management of players needs to improve. 

He should never had played against St.Johnstone midweek.

In case you missed it McPhee's explanation is that in the last few games against Rangers, Uche has been great for 30 minutes then tired.

He says he is starting with 3 attackers and if we are still in the game we have 4 other attackers to potentially bring on. 

In other words he is planning for 90 or even 120 minutes not just how we start.

We'll see how it pans out but that is his logic. And I like it. (Apart from Wighton to be honest).

Bridge of Djoum
4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Wasn’t sure if he meant it as a joke, or was calling the situation a joke. It’s hard to tell with some of the stuff posted these days.

Just now, CostaJambo said:

Bet of the day has to be Hearts to have zero shots on target in the first half.

Or second half.

15 minutes ago, Angel eyes said:

Michael Stewart reckons Hearts/Ann budge  could do worse than approach Jim Jeffries for advice rather than Craig Levein! Chris Sutton sticking up for Levein in regards Ann budge with guidance.

Ann should have approached JJ in the first place!

rudi must stay

So no attacking plans . We have plans here, don't be fooled. McLean can cause them problems. We saw that in May.

Quietly confident 

2 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

He should never had played against St.Johnstone midweek.

I agree, I know we are at the bottom of the league but this is the biggest game of the season so far. 

1 minute ago, gnasher75 said:

In case you missed it McPhee's explanation is that in the last few games against Rangers, Uche has been great for 30 minutes then tired.

He says he is starting with 3 attackers and if we are still in the game we have 4 other attackers to potentially bring on. 

In other words he is planning for 90 or even 120 minutes not just how we start.

We'll see how it pans out but that is his logic. And I like it. (Apart from Wighton to be honest).

A set of observations which should have been obvious and prevented the tidal wave of froth and tears from the cretins.

9 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Grow up you utter clown ✊🏼

Lighten up sweetheart.  You still upset that he's gone? I know it's not easy but it was for the best.  He's away to live on a fife farm where he'll have lots of friends.