WELL DONE ANN

Thomaso

The argument about the timing is now irrelevant, the fact is she's made the right decision and he's away - clean break, no DOF role, no seat on the Board, he'll play his contract out (which we'd need to pay anyway) at the academy away from the first team and then he'll no longer be a part of HMFC. Time to stop all the infighting, stop all the ridiculous potshots and personal abuse fired at other hearts supporters and club employees and unite behind whoever the new man is. It's time for a fresh start.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• tolcross lad

• sadj

• Beast Boy

Top Posters In This Topic

pettigrewsstylist
34 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

At least they were honest that he had been relieved of his duties instead of saying he stepped down of his own accord

Presume he refused to do so and also refused to go back to DOF therefore.

Suspect they are not speaking right now.

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

Dusk_Till_Dawn
48 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Ann

We all realise that was a tough decision for you but you know it was the correct one for the Club - although some will say it was 6 months too late.

So Jambos it is a new dawn - reinstate those FoH payments, buy up tickets for the semi, and turn up in numbers at the next home game to cheer our team on!

I never gave up my subscriptions. That was never happening.

Good decision but too late and should have went after the livi game. 

A bit concerning that he'll still be hanging about the club. Wonder how much influence he'll still have? 

Brauhauser2012
27 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Bit unfair. We are all pissed off with the results but the fault lies with Levein. I admire how she saved Hearts and she has shown huge loyalty to a man who yesterday still thought he could turn things round. Take your anger out on him.

This.

1 hour ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

Well done?

Come off it. She has had many a time before this to do the right thing. 

She'll get no congratulations from me. 

Aw naw!  No congratulations!!    I am sure she will be absolutely gutted, Gaz!  Lol

53 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Still doesn't justify personal abuse.  Call people out when not doing a good job is one thing but to make it personal is about as childish as it gets.

Agree not just childish but bloody malicious - Hang Ann Budge...

Brutal.

31 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

The argument about the timing is now irrelevant, the fact is she's made the right decision and he's away - clean break, no DOF role, no seat on the Board, he'll play his contract out (which we'd need to pay anyway) at the academy away from the first team and then he'll no longer be a part of HMFC. Time to stop all the infighting, stop all the ridiculous potshots and personal abuse fired at other hearts supporters and club employees and unite behind whoever the new man is. It's time for a fresh start.

👏👏

Well done for finally pulling the trigger. Daly and Macphee next please. We really do need a fresh management/coaching team in with fresh ideas for us to really move forward.

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Ann

We all realise that was a tough decision for you but you know it was the correct one for the Club - although some will say it was 6 months too late.

So Jambos it is a new dawn - reinstate those FoH payments, buy up tickets for the semi, and turn up in numbers at the next home game to cheer our team on!

I dont like the patronising tone of this post.I am one that is not eternally grateful .We put up the money. She put up the money and added some business acumen helped by £9m of the FOH memberships money .£4m on an unproductive academy.Millions on poor recruitment and unacceptable performance by her key manager over years .I have mixed feelings about Ann Budge

And I never withdrew my donation.

3 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

I dont like the patronising tone of this post.I am one that is not eternally grateful .We put up the money. She put up the money and added some business acumen helped by £9m of the FOH memberships money .£4m on an unproductive academy.Millions on poor recruitment and unacceptable performance by her key manager over years .I have mixed feelings about Ann Budge

And I never withdrew my donation.

How the hell am I being patronising???🤔

34 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I never gave up my subscriptions. That was never happening.

Many seemingly have

Johnny Sandiego
1 hour ago, Pants Shaton said:

Just like the pretend fans who ‘wouldnae be back till Romanov’s gone’ - there won’t be a single extra fan at Sunday’s game because of this.

I was thinking that myself. Better get to the ground early as it will be rammed with all those extra folk flocking back.

Hopefully we can start focussing on football again now and the drama queens can scurry away until the next crisis.

cardboardcutout

good Luck Craig but you knew it was past time! The next guy must be right or we will be relegated and his first job is to find out why so many of our players are out and get rid of guys who clearly aren’t good enough!

Well done Ann for belatedly cleaning up a mess you made months overdue.

Excuse my lack of applause. She left it far, far too long and I'll wait and see who she appoints before there's a slap on the back from me.

I reckon when the dust settles we will hear about how difficult a situation the whole thing was and how she will never allow a situation like it again. Her patience in Levein will also be a huge selling point to any new man looking to come in, a positive for anyone even if it was a huge pain in the ass for us. A owner who trusts their manager is a great thing, it had just gone too far with Levein. 

Gorgie Rule. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Ann

It was 6 months too late. Her reluctance to act prior to this was almost as truculent as Levein is in general.

I still want her to step down as CEO once the takeover happens.

1 hour ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

Well done?

Come off it. She has had many a time before this to do the right thing. 

She'll get no congratulations from me. 

Exactly. "Took guts" do us a favour. She has been forced in to it by us and his own abject failure. This is one of the easiest decisions any Chairman/CEO/Board has ever had to make in the history of world football based on CL's worst league run in the club's history and the gross waste of resources.

jack D and coke
15 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Well done Ann for belatedly cleaning up a mess you made months overdue.

Excuse my lack of applause. She left it far, far too long and I'll wait and see who she appoints before there's a slap on the back from me.

This. 
There’s a nagging feeling CL will have some input, shall we say, as to who replaces him. 
I won’t jump the gun either with all the hugging and back slapping. 

3 minutes ago, eyesandears said:

Her and Spoleto

Somebody should check on him/her. 

Sending thoughts and prayers at this difficult time. 

Edited by Iconic Idiot

6 minutes ago, Iconic Idiot said:

Somebody should check on him/her. 

Sending thoughts and prayers at this difficult tine. 

Flowers and chocolates on the way to him tomorrow

28 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

How the hell am I being patronising???🤔

WELL DONE ANNE 

After all this carry on you come up with this.

At F****** last should have been heading given your posting history.

Levein should have been gone a long time ago.

Delighted the right decision has been made, I understand giving the manager time to see if things can be turned around and I'm not against that happening.  

Ann in the end gave a bit too much leeway. we can hopefully look forward now. 

17 minutes ago, lou said:

I have thought for weeks that she was giving him the first round of fixtures, plainly not good enough, Well done Ann 

Ya beezer let's  get  a  decent manager that can raise the teams spirits an score a few goals c'mon the Hearts. 

1 hour ago, sadj said:

How?

Come on Sadj Levein hanging about in the background is no use to anyone. I can’t believe he’s agreed to that. 

I think everyone agrees after the cup final was the time for this to happen however I think the time both CL and Cathro were given would be a consideration to any manager thinking of applying. We don't have a trigger happy board. These days that could be seen as quite attractive

12 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

WELL DONE ANNE 

After all this carry on you come up with this.

At F****** last should have been heading given your posting history.

Levein should have been gone a long time ago.

It’s time to move on!

3 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Come on Sadj Levein hanging about in the background is no use to anyone. I can’t believe he’s agreed to that. 

not really hanging about in the background though from the explanation given. Help the execs tweak things til end of the season , no influence in the football structure and first team

1 minute ago, sadj said:

not really hanging about in the background though from the explanation given. Help the execs tweak things til end of the season , no influence in the football structure and first team

It’s an absolute bizarre situation. Does he have no self respect? All about the benjimans I suppose. 

2 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

It is but WELL DONE ANN could have been better put.

Sorry I offended you

Edited by Thomaso

2 hours ago, Pants Shaton said:

Just like the pretend fans who ‘wouldnae be back till Romanov’s gone’ - there won’t be a single extra fan at Sunday’s game because of this.

I suspect you are correct. 

8 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

It’s an absolute bizarre situation. Does he have no self respect? All about the benjimans I suppose. 

i’d imagine its just a nice way of ending it as opposed to clear yer desk out see ya! Not a bad thing in the grand scheme. As I said I think its obvious he will have no influence at all now. 

6 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Sorry I offended you

And I would add that you and others have spoken for me over these terrible months.Doing constant posts is just not my thing.

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

i’d imagine its just a nice way of ending it as opposed to clear yer desk out see ya! Not a bad thing in the grand scheme. As I said I think its obvious he will have no influence at all now. 

Yeah you are probably right. They might make him work from home :lol: 

4 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Yeah you are probably right. They might make him work from home :lol: 

hate him or not no one can deny he has put his heart and soul into the club even more so since he came in with AB and I for one don’t begrudge them doing things this way. We are all in agreement it was needed but that doesn’t detract from the effort he has put in to help rebuild us.