Well Done Andy Murray!

letsmakesomenoise

letsmakesomenoise

Someone should get the video of that match and show it to our overpaid bunch of wage thieves.

Real grit!!!

Great performance from the Barca fan. I said before the tournament that his target should be the quarter finals. No matter what happens against Nadal he has done well.

That was brilliant, what a come back !

Can't see him beating Nadal but he has done well to get to the quarters.

Frankenstein Jambo.
Can't wait for Nadal to thrash him in the next round.

Why would you want nadal to beat murray who is scottish and The only real hope britian has of winning a major tournament? I sense a wanna be english man.

Guest juvehearts
Big semi let down for yet more hobireptilians.

He is in the quarters mate & althought he supports the wee team, he is Scottish & at wimbo they ofcource play on grass but he plays TENNIS not football.

well done Andrew, spiffing!!! :dribble:

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Big semi let down for yet more hobireptilians.

Hopefully, as that would mean he beats Nadal in the QF.

Chip Douglas

Very impressive.

Scintillating stuff to watch.

I just hope he can show the same determination against Nadal.

Chip Douglas
Andy Murray's an arsehole.

I'll take your word for it, seeing as you obviously have experience of being in his company.

Very good tennis player however.

Frankenstein Jambo.
Very impressive.

Scintillating stuff to watch.

I just hope he can show the same determination against Nadal.

I can't see him beating nadal. Nadal will be fresher as murray has just played a grueling 4 hour match....Hope i am wrong.

Frankenstein Jambo.
I'll take your word for it, seeing as you obviously have experience of being in his company.

Very good tennis player however.

Agreed

Guest juvehearts
The Barca fans will be dancing in the streets tonight!

Yeah,

because their national heros won a game in the last 24hrs.

Andy Murray's an arsehole.

Apparently he thinks you are 5 inches on a good day and you pishh with it.

Oh and it isn't a Myfanwy.

Chip Douglas
I can't see him beating nadal. Nadal will be fresher as murray has just played a grueling 4 hour match....Hope i am wrong.

I wouldn't have put Murray in with much of a chance either way; he's got a couple of days I believe to recover and I actually think this might benefit him psychologically.

12-18 months ago he would have capitulated at the end of the 3rd set.

I turned it off when Gasquet was serving for the match only to turn bbc1 on at 9:15 to see big Andy had pulled it back.

Well chuffed.

Nadal is beatable on grass!

C'mon Andy

Couldn't care less who he supports. Fantastic entertainment.

It was an immense performance and he showed guts, determination, skill and bottle, something that Scottish sportsmen don't often do.

I can't see him beating Nadal but he's got nothing to lose and if he plays like that, then who knows. Either way, at least he's shown all the idiots how well he can play.

Chip Douglas
I turned it off when Gasquet was serving for the match only to turn bbc1 on at 9:15 to see big Andy had pulled it back.

Well chuffed.

Nadal is beatable on grass!

C'mon Andy

You strike me as the sort of guy who would leave a New Year Derby at 4-2.

:dribble:

jack D and coke

Whatever you think about the guy that was a superb comeback and a tremendous match.

Fair play to him.

Moe Szyslak

Well done Andy.

Can't say I was too bothered either way until I heard all the little englanders on talksport last week saying they were cheering his opponents just because he wouldn't support their lot at football. Why should he, he's Scottish ffs!

The thought of those arseholes prematurely celebrating a French (!) victory only to end up boaking after that comeback is a very pleasant one indeed. Even losing to Nadal won't take that away.

Ron Burgundy

Who he supports is irrelevant to me.He is a ****** of the highest order.

I have never hated a tennis player as much in my life.

His mum looks like she's sucking lemons the soor faced cow.

People used to slag Henman for the pathetic clenched fist after every point won but Sideshow Bob takes it to a new level.

Pete Seeger

As I stated on another thread I don't like Andy Murray through friends that didn't get along with him when we were younger. I also dislike tennis however i thouroughly enjoyed watching that. A real spectacle and he showed real character so fair play to him.

Murray played superbly

It has nothing to do with what team he supports, but I hope he loses his next match! Nadal is my favourite tennis player, so I hope he wins Wimbledon.

While I like to see Scottish players do well, tennis is not a sport where I choose who I like based on nationality

Murray played superbly

It has nothing to do with what team he supports, but I hope he loses his next match! Nadal is my favourite tennis player, so I hope he wins Wimbledon.

While I like to see Scottish players do well, tennis is not a sport where I choose who I like based on nationality

Before Murray was there ever really a chance to support a Scotsman (or woman) when it came to top level tennis though?

Before Murray was there ever really a chance to support a Scotsman (or woman) when it came to top level tennis though?

Not really, which is probbaly why I feel the way I do about tennis and support players regardless of their nationality

I will never fully support Murray though, as I don't like his attitude

Say What Again

Fantastic sport and top entertainment.

I had no particular liking for the guy/interest in his progress before the game but that was great viewing - and a welcome show of emotion instead of the quietly clenched fist we used to see occasionally from Tim.

Chad Sexington
Not really, which is probbaly why I feel the way I do about tennis and support players regardless of their nationality

I don't think theres anything wrong with his attitude. He's a single minded young guy who says what he thinks a lot of the time.

He appears to be more focussed this year and has stopped beating himself up over every mistake.

The center court crowd have certainly taken to him now.

They were going nuts tonight. The atmosphere was amazing.

Well done Andy.

Can't say I was too bothered either way until I heard all the little englanders on talksport last week saying they were cheering his opponents just because he wouldn't support their lot at football. Why should he, he's Scottish ffs!

The thought of those arseholes prematurely celebrating a French (!) victory only to end up boaking after that comeback is a very pleasant one indeed. Even losing to Nadal won't take that away.

Oh aye, the crowd were gutted right enough.

They were jumping for joy!

Say What Again

I know. Check out the disappointment in the background :rolleyes:

_44793136_murray_216new.jpg

I P Knightley

Yours are the most reasonable comments made by a non-Murray supporter that I have seen in the last couple of years.

I hope that Murray "turns" you. Not in that way, you understand;)

Moe Szyslak

They were jumping for joy!

Aye, but I doubt very much that the majority of the Centre Court crowd is made up of the sort of people who text into talksport, otherwise they're a bunch of hypocrites!

Commander Harris
am i the only person who really likes his attitude and think he comes across as a top bloke?

nope.

being Mr Nice Guy didn't do Henman any favours. Murray has a bit of fight about him and I can't fault him for that.

he doesn't come accross great in interviews and some people might not like his on pitch behaviour but I for one like to see a bit of passion from a sports person and he certainly shows it.

More entertainment in 4hrs today than most of the games at Tynie last season (except beating Rangers & Aberdeen ).

Well done son.

Best performance from a Scot for ages.

Nadal will be tough.

By the way:107years:

nope.

being Mr Nice Guy didn't do Henman any favours. Murray has a bit of fight about him and I can't fault him for that.

he doesn't come accross great in interviews and some people might not like his on pitch behaviour but I for one like to see a bit of passion from a sports person and he certainly shows it.

love the fact he has a go at the state of British tennis any chance he gets as well.

Yours are the most reasonable comments made by a non-Murray supporter that I have seen in the last couple of years.

I hope that Murray "turns" you. Not in that way, you understand;)

I am just lying to cover up the fact I hate the Hibby **** :P

He is a superb player, and I really like the way he mixes things up so much, as the drop shot is very underused by other top players

If Nadal can't win it, then it would be Murray I want to win

It was a cracking match,edge of the seat stuff....well done to him for turning the game around

Era Macaroons
A fantastic sporting/viewing moment.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/7482226.stm

Fantasic stuff, he showed great character to come back from the brink.Its good to have someone Scottish doing well for a change.

This moment was ob the turning point when the crowd started to believe and the French dude started to buckle.

The mate that took a tenner off me on Sunday whilst giving me 3/1(yup 3/1) on a Murray win must be pure seek!! Ill get that ?40 off you shortly:cheers:

The Old Tolbooth

Off the court I think the guys an arse, however you cant fault his guts and determination on the court and he deserves massive credit for that.

Tonights match was superb to watch and playing like that he must have a chance of beating Nadal on grass.

Looks like he has cleared up the one big weakness that he had, lack of strength and stamina.

Having said that Nadal is a monster.

Bert Le Clos

If Murray starts well against Nadal the fact he has played 5 sets today will be irrelevant. The occasion and the crowd could carry him through it.

And remember, Nadal injured his knee today.

I can't wait, c'mon Tim!

Sorry, Andy :peek_by_Andrin:

The Baldmans Comb

Well done Andy Murray a magnificent performance and good luck in the next round.

Archived