Well Done Andy Murray!

letsmakesomenoise

Boaby Ewing

Murray rules.

He owned each and every one of his doubters tonight.

Crackin' stuff.

Who thought watching tennis in the boozer could be that much fun?

Arthur Morgan

That was the best tennis game i've ever seen! world class stuff from murray so happy for him

The idiots that didn't want him to win are taking it a little too far just because he supports hibs. It doesn't matter because he is scottish and its not football he's playing!

Thought he was amazing, he came back from 2 down and in the past that just wouldn't have happended. Fingers crossed for the quarter finals Andy but Nadal is going to be a toughy.

World class performance by Murray!

Well played sir!

Ive got blooming Nadal in the sweepstake though!

I P Knightley
Off the court I think the guys an arse, however you cant fault his guts and determination on the court and he deserves massive credit for that.

Tonights match was superb to watch and playing like that he must have a chance of beating Nadal on grass.

Up until the last couple of days, that would have been one of my lines but in both his immediate post-match interview and a later one I heard part of on radio 5, I thought his analysis & conversation were well above what I'd have expected.

He still has the most boring voice in sport (his words) but he came across a little bit more humble and communicative than usual.

Has anyone got proof that he's a hibby? 'Cos he's not acting like he is one...

What's that thing about his uncle Borthers? Never heard that he had a family connection to the Hubz.

Who's cares if he looks out for one team's result on a Saturday just because his uncle used to play for them. The boy's brilliant, exciting and Scottish. I'll salute that.

Funny you should say that, as I'm sure Nadal's uncle is none other than Miguel Angel Nadal, the beast of Barcelona!

Say What Again
Funny you should say that, as I'm sure Nadal's uncle is none other than Miguel Angel Nadal, the beast of Barcelona!

He is. His brother is his coach.

Nicknamed the The Beast of Barcelona, Nadal played for RCD Mallorca, FC Barcelona, and for the Spanish national football team, earning 62 caps for his country between 1991 and 2002. He was part of the Spanish squad at the 1994, 1998, and 2002 FIFA World Cups.

He is the uncle of world number two tennis player Rafael Nadal, while brother Toni Nadal is the current coach of the tennis prodigy.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

He is. He was a great player in his day.

I remember him missing a penalty at Euro 96 which put Spain out, and England through :mad:

I met Murray in Barcelona a couple of years ago in some disco/bar at Port Olimpico.

Gave him a ribbing about the Hobos getting pumped by us in the SC semi and then my mate told him to "get a f'in hair cut".

To be fair he seemed ok.

I am just lying to cover up the fact I hate the Hibby **** :P

At least he's not a Hun or a Tattie Muncher.

Congratulations to him on a fantastic win. I thought he made a great post match statement when he thanked the crowd for their support.

As for his doubters. FFS , he gets slagged off for geing Gordon Brown's lovechild, having no charisma or personality but when did you ever see Tim Henman riding a unicycle while juggling flaming clubs at a press conference ?

Even John Inverdale had a go at Tim "Semi Final Loser" Henman last night saying his press conferences were dull and how he never had anything interesting to say.

Hobo or not , good luck to him.

Archived