Ann Budge poll

Geoff Kilpatrick

Should Heart of Midlothian appoint a new CEO to run the club to replace Ann Budge when the FoH takeover is completed?  

918 members have voted

1. 1. Should Heart of Midlothian appoint a new CEO to run the club to replace Ann Budge when the FoH takeover is completed?

• Yes
    • No

She has been magnificent for Hearts on the business side of things.

This is her biggest challenge so far. If she can remove Levein and bring in a new coach/manager I think that will complete her transformation into a proper Club owner. She will have made that difficult decision and will hopefully draw courage from it.

I'm sure she's only kept him as manager because of the teams luck with injuries. The potential team and the actual team we have to field at the moment is shockingly far apart. If the run of form we are on doesn't vastly improve with the return of Haring and Naismith then I think she will act pretty quickly.

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• i8hibsh

• kingantti1874

• mitch41

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Big Slim Stylee
39 minutes ago, Bauld said:

This is her biggest challenge so far. If she can remove Levein and bring in a new coach/manager I think that will complete her transformation into a proper Club owner. She will have made that difficult decision and will hopefully draw courage from it.

I'm sure she's only kept him as manager because of the teams luck with injuries. The potential team and the actual team we have to field at the moment is shockingly far apart. If the run of form we are on doesn't vastly improve with the return of Haring and Naismith then I think she will act pretty quickly.

Nice to read some sense on here.

Italian Lambretta
2 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

So just over 800 votes and it is basically split 50:50. That says a lot after the delivery off the park and might also demonstrate to the current board that on the park is paramount.

Its like the EU vote.

The Budge remoaners will never accept the result an the will of the majority of genuine Hearts fans. 

13 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Its like the EU vote.

The Budge remoaners will never accept the result an the will of the majority of genuine Hearts fans. 

😂

20 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Its like the EU vote.

What are Budge remoaners?

Edited by mitch41

27 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

This pole just shows how divided the hearts support is at the moment 

Only JKB. The vast majority of Jambos do not post on here and seem pretty united in wanting Buge to do one.  

39 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

And the longer Budge sits on her hands regarding sacking Levein more and more fans will turn against her. She will not sack Levein we have to accept that. Her priority is not the Hearts support it's her belief is that she is right and the support are wrong.

25 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Only JKB. The vast majority of Jambos do not post on here and seem pretty united in wanting Buge to do one.  

Not in my experience. Levein yes, Budge no. 

14 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

And the longer Budge sits on her hands regarding sacking Levein more and more fans will turn against her. She will not sack Levein we have to accept that. Her priority is not the Hearts support it's her belief is that she is right and the support are wrong.

Only a non-genuine fan would say that. 😗

38 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Based on what evidence?

3 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

So just over 800 votes and it is basically split 50:50. That says a lot after the delivery off the park and might also demonstrate to the current board that on the park is paramount.

Or it shows you that there is not the overwhelming support to see Ann leave that many claim exists

Those who want her out are just one issue posters who want the manager out and will use every thread or issue to do so

They do not look at what she has done they think only on what she has not done and that one thing is give in to a few posters who want a manager sacked...all their opinion regarding her is based on this

She dares to differ and all the toys are thrown out the basket.    She will be remembered well by the vast majority whenever she leaves and those moaning will one day look back and realise we had one hell of an owner whilst hiding their heads in shame at some of the personal comments posted

2 hours ago, Bauld said:

Absolutely my view as well.

Geoff Kilpatrick
34 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Or it shows you that there is not the overwhelming support to see Ann leave that many claim exists

Those who want her out are just one issue posters who want the manager out and will use every thread or issue to do so

They do not look at what she has done they think only on what she has not done and that one thing is give in to a few posters who want a manager sacked...all their opinion regarding her is based on this

She dares to differ and all the toys are thrown out the basket.    She will be remembered well by the vast majority whenever she leaves and those moaning will one day look back and realise we had one hell of an owner whilst hiding their heads in shame at some of the personal comments posted

If anyone doesn't remember Ann Budge fondly that is their problem. Equally, her stubborness or indecisiveness over the most important area of the business is completely open to criticism.

Just now, Jambo-Fox said:

I would fear for the future of Hearts if the ‘Bile Boys’ on this thread ever got in the Boardroom!!

Perhaps the FOH should consider selling (after a vote) to a serious business person ....... with a love for Hearts ..... and sufficient funds  to invest and build an even brighter future .....

Given that we at JKB sent Ann a bottle of wine and some flowers to offer her moral support some time ago, perhaps we should now send her a bottle of whisky so that she can have a fortifying dram or two before asking Craig to depart.

1 minute ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Perhaps the FOH should consider selling (after a vote) to a serious business person ....... with a love for Hearts ..... and sufficient funds  to invest and build an even brighter future .....

.... not many around with the love and money ....... I know who!!!! ANN BUDGE!

35 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I voted no. Other than her unrelenting support of Levein she has worked absolute wonders and that cannot be forgotten.

Which is sad as we are an actual football club.

2 hours ago, redjambo said:

Given that we at JKB sent Ann a bottle of wine and some flowers to offer her moral support some time ago, 

Mega cringe.

1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I voted no. Other than her unrelenting support of Levein she has worked absolute wonders and that cannot be forgotten.

I see no-one question her work rate. 

3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Based on what evidence?

My experience. I spend my day with my ear to the ground.

Big Slim Stylee
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

My experience. I spend my day with my ear to the ground.

Must make the shopping difficult. Explains why you don’t get to any games though.

5 hours ago, redjambo said:

Given that we at JKB sent Ann a bottle of wine and some flowers to offer her moral support some time ago, perhaps we should now send her a bottle of whisky so that she can have a fortifying dram or two before asking Craig to depart.

That’s the first I’ve heard of this , pretty much sums up JKB . 
Takes the Dale Carrick emoji to another level . 

1 minute ago, Meadows said:

It was Beats’ idea. Don’t think he handed it to her in person in the end though.

1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

It was Beats’ idea. Don’t think he handed it to her in person in the end though.

Did he hand her a poem too?

kingantti1874
7 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

How long does she have a blank cheque as far as performances and results go? 

12 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

She is untouchable. Any negativity towards this person that many see as destroying our club is sexism or ageism.

12 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

A poor choice of phrase there, mate.

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

She is untouchable. Any negativity towards this person that many see as destroying our club is sexism or ageism.

She’s making a right erse of destroying the club, if that’s what’s she doing. 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Boab said:

She’s making a right erse of destroying the club, if that’s what’s she doing. 

she clearly isn’t destroying the club. Her off field achievements should not be undermined.. although I’m not a fan of every decision.

how long will you tolerate her failure to deliver on the pitch. 

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

she clearly isn’t destroying the club. Her off field achievements should not be undermined.. although I’m not a fan of every decision.

how long will you tolerate her failure to deliver on the pitch. 

I have a feeling she will be gone by the end of the season. Could be wrong, but if she does, she will have left us in a better place than where we were when she rolled up with her cash.

She has been a bit of a lightning rod for all the shit that has happened on the park. I reckon that’s a bit unfair. She’s the CEO, sure, she is the one that makes the decisions but I feel the board could have exerted a wee bit more pressure to change the management of the team. 
Where’s their thread to ask them what their up to ?

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, Boab said:

I have a feeling she will be gone by the end of the season. Could be wrong, but if she does, she will have left us in a better place than where we were when she rolled up with her cash.

She has been a bit of a lightning rod for all the shit that has happened on the park. I reckon that’s a bit unfair. She’s the CEO, sure, she is the one that makes the decisions but I feel the board could have exerted a wee bit more pressure to change the management of the team. 
Where’s their thread to ask them what their up to ?

aye that’s a fair point Boab, i don’t think any of them hold any weight.. 

the point I’m making with the question which never get answered is, everyone will have a limit as regards results on the pitch,  it may be now after one of the worst runs in our history, it may be relegation.. but sooner or later, it falls to Ann (or the board)

35 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

No. It’s mainly yours that focusses on her being a women and a granny etc...  

All roads lead to Gorgie

I can't bring myself to vote either way at this point as she did put us on a firm footing again and everything is in place or nearly so off the field to rake in much needed cash. If we are, god forbid, still in the bottom three come January and Levein is still limping on then my trust in her will be sorely tested as the team and its fortunes is paramount to keep the punters happy to come to games.

Things going downhill rather quickly for Ann. This poll 6 months ago would have had 90% supporting her. Now down to roughly 50/50. 

Reasons: Inaction re CL, lack of 1of the 2 reviews (Where is the football review btw??), "we're not going to change our plan after a few games/genuine fans will understand" statement, failure to acknowledge this footballing decline is deep rooted and is now damaging the business side (12 months ago LC Semi over 27000 Hearts tickets sold now struggling to sell 17000). 

I firmly believe a good number are voting yes here, simply because of CL still being manager. I hope for action soon to avoid further damage to both the club and her legacy. 

16 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

No. It’s mainly yours that focusses on her being a women and a granny etc...  

Are these not facts?

It is life Dave that people get referenced in ways they may not like.  Remember when Craig Brown was called ‘Pa Broon’? Was that sexist? Ageist?  How many times do people say they “hate that man” when referencing someone?  I have seen age cited with every reference to certain actors, politicians politicians (an old Liberal Undemocrat not too long ago for example) etc.  Every single bloody second of the day, if you are not referencing someone to the exact spec that some snowflake demands then the cards are brought out to accuse you with.

I really dislike Budge, on a scale so bad it keeps me up some nights and I am almost washing my hands off the club.  I think she is so out of touch and yes her age is something to do with this imo.  Anyone who thinks a 71 year old lady would be in touch with an entire football fanbase is delusional.  She makes no effort to get in touch and that is a huge issue with me.

What a world we live in that any one single person is so precious that the slightest ill feeling towards them means that by default you therefore hate the entire sex and age group she belongs to.  It is simply not true.  Ann Budge should thank her lucky stars she is a 71 year old woman as if she wasn’t she would be getting treated A LOT worse than she is now.  I mean ffs, fans dropping off and giving her bottles of wine and flowers just so she can keep her ‘chin up’ is nauseating.  Would this happen if she were a man? Chris Robinson had to have security by his side for years, and trust me this guy got treatment so hard and despicable it made me ashamed not only just to be a Jambo but a human being.

4 hours ago, Meadows said:

Doesn’t surprise me that this happened tbh.

12 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

These Poles coming here taking our polls.

On 27/10/2019 at 08:29, chuck berrys hairline said:

Doubt we will know her dodgy dealings and how much her family have really earned off Hearts until the next Guy comes along. Absolute Charlatan who should be hounded out kicking and screaming. Old Boot

Anything to back up this comment or are you just slavering pish?

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

No, it is you who are apparently untouchable with your "hiding behind the keyboard" snidey, childish and sometimes savage attacks on her.

Sadly, you represent a lot of what's wrong with modern society and people not being able to oppose someone without being uncivilised about it. By all means argue that you don't want Ann any longer as CEO, but there's no need to show such contempt and disrespect to someone who saved our club.

21 minutes ago, redjambo said:

No, it is you who are apparently untouchable with your "hiding behind the keyboard" snidey, childish and sometimes savage attacks on her.

Sadly, you represent a lot of what's wrong with modern society and people not being able to oppose someone without being uncivilised about it. By all means argue that you don't want Ann any longer as CEO, but there's no need to show such contempt and disrespect to someone who saved our club.

Agree with this.

Fxxx the SPFL

I have spoken with a few mates and work colleagues who are Hearts season ticket holders/supporters and i would say that around 90% do not wish Ann Budge to be replaced when FoH takeover and none of them post on here. Does that make my poll more indicative of Hearts fans in general especially given the amount of JKB arseholes on here, myself included.