Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

cardboardcutout

One thing is for sure if any of us was Naismith he will be off to the MLS. Would not blame the guy as the football we play is just boring. Our youngsters are further from the team than ever and nobody can be excited by the style of our play.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

40 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Levein on the BBC:

Hearts manager Craig Levein tells BBC Scotland: "We didn't move the ball quick enough, we didn't play with enough intent. 

"Our decision-making became cloudy to say the least, so it was a really disappointing day."

St Mirren's equaliser came from an own goal.

"Sean Clare just got caught and confused," Levein says. "I think there was a player holding on to him and spun him around and the ball's hit the back of his head.

"It happens, but I would be really hopeful that we could score more than one goal at home in a game of this nature and, if we had've done, it wouldn't have mattered."

Same old shite he comes out with again and again. 

1 minute ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

And inevitably nothing changes.

2 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Because it's a repeat of the same performance again and again.

28 minutes ago, sidjamesbottle said:

Never agreed with this before but i do now 3-6-1 in the first half at home to the bottom of the league is a joke and lets not kid on that's what it was, closest player to big uche was lee boring slow and predictable

Levein could have Messi, Neymar and Ronaldo at his disposal and would still play defensive. 

Jambof3tornado
5 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Yup. Pathetic explanation of today's events.

Just now, Bauld said:

Because it's a repeat of the same performance again and again.

Correct and he has not one clue how to change it and McPhee wondering across the pitch at half time staring at a bit of paper looking confused is no better. 

wattie exploited

the football has been shit for ages and there are always some excuse used but the bottom line is the football attacking wise is brutal and nothing is going to change soon I really think we need a new manager with a better attacking plan than what we are getting as it is poor to say the least :rifle:

44 minutes ago, feedtheroman2 said:

We are night and day compared to the start of the season. Injury setbacks were definitely a catalyst for the downturn, but even with our key players returning we look completely lost out there. No clear gameplan and no hunger or desire. You can argue Naismith is the most vocal guy in our team and I hope to hell we are tempting him with management roles in the future. It's just so frustrating  seeing abject failure in our team. Especially when you compare it to the title winning side a few years back.

We are getting walked over in nearly every department and that extends to the fans. No one should fear coming to Tynecastle anymore because it's not the intimidating place it once was. It's a library. We have no songbook anymore.

Our management needs ****ing emptied because we are hopeless.

Can't argue with any of that tbh

rudi must stay
17 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

8 of us sitting pr-match looking at the team. None of us could work ot the formation. Clearly he's miles cleverer than anyone else. Except maybe St Mirren. They sussed it early. 

Same as Vs Livingston we are waiting on them making the mistake in the box (it bouncing over them or them missing it) Our strikers don't challenge for the ball, it makes the game a very easy one for centre back.

So from there if you are St Mirren you can relax and even try and nick a result like they did. They started today with a 4-4-2 and at a very quick tempo, we were lucky they didn't keep that up

Every team now knows to sit ten behind the ball and hit us on the break. We can not break teams down. We have good players in most positions but there is something lacking. If levein is the problem then surely he has earned some credits for the amazing start to the season we had. No ?

1 hour ago, OTT said:

I'm just bored with it now. We're absolutely gash. St Mirren are a club we should be upping our goal difference against. Not whatever that was. 

I'm here, Hearts are a very boring watch, St Mirren were more entertaining to watch than Hearts and that's the team at the bottom of the league playing away from home. 

It’s with a heavy heart that I now think the gaffer will go at end of the season. More importantly the bunch of so called coaches should exit with him. As mentioned already performances have been dire, we can accept defeats if we get spirited performances. This coaching structure isn’t working, even at youth level it isn’t looking great. A clean sweep is required by  Budge now

Салатные палочки
3 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

I think he’ll go back upstairs in the summer. 

He obviously didn’t want the managers job in the first place and we need someone who will give the job a bit of passion and fire. 

What happens when he goes upstairs? He has a big hand in his replacement. So it's going to be one of McPhee or Daly. I wouldn't be adverse to giving McPhee a chance however, if that fails that will be four seasons of utter guff and more money pissed up the wall. 

46 minutes ago, feedtheroman2 said:

We are night and day compared to the start of the season. Injury setbacks were definitely a catalyst for the downturn, but even with our key players returning we look completely lost out there. No clear gameplan and no hunger or desire. You can argue Naismith is the most vocal guy in our team and I hope to hell we are tempting him with management roles in the future. It's just so frustrating  seeing abject failure in our team. Especially when you compare it to the title winning side a few years back.

We are getting walked over in nearly every department and that extends to the fans. No one should fear coming to Tynecastle anymore because it's not the intimidating place it once was. It's a library. We have no songbook anymore.

Spot on. Wholesale changes need made in every department. Club is a joke.

15 minutes ago, cardboardcutout said:

One thing is for sure if any of us was Naismith he will be off to the MLS. Would not blame the guy as the football we play is just boring. Our youngsters are further from the team than ever and nobody can be excited by the style of our play.

What position was Naismith playing exactly? Half the time Souttar was further forward than he was and when we did put in a cross he was nearer the crosser than the opposition goal. It was his poorest display since he arrived and I hope it's not a clue as to what he's thinking of doing next.

when was the last time we actually created a few chances from open play? No ideas

no urgency

no creativity

that was a very decent team out there today. Almost our best 11

11 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

What happens when he goes upstairs? He has a big hand in his replacement. So it's going to be one of McPhee or Daly. I wouldn't be adverse to giving McPhee a chance however, if that fails that will be four seasons of utter guff and more money pissed up the wall. 

This is a huge concern, we are in a cyclical process no other club implement where we want a conveyor belt of managers. It's just not that simple in football. Levein should go entirely from the club, unfortunately as he's part of the board that won't happen. :(

56 minutes ago, feedtheroman2 said:

57 minutes ago, feedtheroman2 said:

Exactly the entertainment value has been non existent for a long time we are

doiing a clear out and starting again every season if Craig Levein cares for 

hearts then he needs to do the decent thing and resign

Too many changes to the team every week for me. I realise we've had injuries but  the number of changes we make are excessive. Harsh on Doyle , Bobby hardly commands the six yard box.

Serge McMurto

We must sort out the singing section .

Zero atmosphere made worse by the appalling performances and people sitting on their hands shaking their heads when people dare to criticise. 

20-30 years ago there would have been slow hand clapping and chants of what a load of rubbish being thrown at the team and management. 

We should be starting games like today on the front foot forcing errors from these teams instead of which we allow them to grow in confidence and suck the life out of the support. 

Look at the job Grant Holt has done at Livingston with less resources than Hearts.He is a manager that we should be looking at to replace  Levein. 

Every manager in the league is pretty pish bar Rodgers and maybe McInnes that much is becoming clear no consistency from any team all capable of going on 6 or 7 games undefeated(apart from the bottom 3 who gift their odd points) then looking like they have never seen each other for the next batch.I suggest it will pretty much end up the same with the next guy in charge though but hey you never know.

Edited by vegas-voss

Tokyo Drifter
1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

He set up not to lose, so in Levein's mind he got a result. :facepalm:

Not if his post-match comments are to be believed. Seemed furious and disappointed.

2 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

Not if his post-match comments are to be believed. Seemed furious and disappointed.

Good when Levein is angry we generally start turning things around but when he is in the smart quips and jolly mood the results start going pear shaped.

Captain America

If and when he goes, they all need to go.

Him going upstairs and Austin or Daly taking charge would change anything in my eyes.

There is a lot of decent managers from down South who I think would take the job.

Not saying the guy over the road will be a long term success but he seems to have galvanised Hibs since joining.

If we decide to change, only a complete change works.

The Bookkeeper
38 minutes ago, red said:

when was the last time we actually created a few chances from open play? No ideas

no urgency

no creativity

that was a very decent team out there today. Almost our best 11

We've taken 8pts from 18 and scored 7 goals in the 6 games since the break against Dundee, St Johnstone, Kilmarnock, Livingston, Motherwell and  St Mirren, 5 of whom are in the bottom 6. Its a shameful record for a club with significantly greater resources and a far bigger fanbase than any of them.

One man and one man alone is to blame for the shitshow we are witnessing week in and week out. He and his clueless band of coaches should be clearing their desks.

1 hour ago, Clark Griswold said:

Is he under pressure though? From who? He’s been untouchable due to the many positions he holds at the club, so I think its the opposite, he’s too engrained. 

Nah, he is. He's under pressure from the people who pump money into the club. The fans. He said himself in the media that failure as a manager means he will need to leave the club entirely. He knows the expectations and he knows the pressure he's under to deliver them. For what it is worth, I think he will walk away at the end of the season regardless of how things finish. I really hope we end on a high, he deserves that.

I think that when McLean, Bozanic and Morrison are your response to trying to get a win at home to the bottom team in the league, then it probably is time to go.

1 hour ago, Rock ‘n’ Roll star. said:

I see it differently.

I think he’s very comfortable and that’s refectivive in the teams performance.

You don't honestly think the man is sitting, feet up not caring less? As I've already said he knows the expectations and he knows the pressure he's under to deliver on them.

The Bookkeeper
16 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

Yawn.  He like the style of football his team routinely plays has become a boring joke. He is failing once again to achieve anything in his role as a manager. 

The Bookkeeper
1 minute ago, jambogaza said:

You don't honestly think the man is sitting, feet up not caring less? As I've already said he knows the expectations and he knows the pressure he's under to deliver on them.

What pressure is he under?

He's never delivered **** all. His entire footballing cv is littered with failures. 

I totally get that people will be pissed off and emotions will be running high but the inability of people to see the bigger picture is staggering. 

Rock ‘n’ Roll star.
1 minute ago, jambogaza said:

I never said that.

I said he was comfortable. Given Ann Budge’s continued reliance on him I’d expect him to be, quite frankly.

Should he wish to, he could leave his head coach role tomorrow and be back in the DOF role on Monday.

Just now, Rock ‘n’ Roll star. said:

I never said that.

I said he was comfortable. Given Ann Budge’s continued reliance on him I’d expect him to be, quite frankly.

Should he wish to, he could leave his head coach role tomorrow and be back in the DOF role on Monday.

I disagree he's comfortable.

And as I've said already, I think he'll walk at the end of the season. Walking now would be a bit cowardly, there's still quite a lot to play for.

1 hour ago, Salad Fingers said:

Does he (genuine question) ? If he does, why should he?  If he wants to go off to the Dof role when his time is up then fair enough - AB seems to think he's earned it. When he does, AB better relaise he should have no further say or role in the first team. He messed up with Cathro, he's done nothing of note in his own tenure as manager and the current clutch of coaches clearly are incapable of delivering what is required. 

old school tie

Don't forget. Daly was a win against Motherwell away from getting the job a couple of years ago.:cornette_dog:

Just let that sink in.

18 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

I totally get that people will be pissed off and emotions will be running high but the inability of people to see the bigger picture is staggering. 

Big picture ? A team and Manager that tries to win a home game against relegation candidates would be a start to that 'big picture' Frank, it's not rocket surgery mate?

Just stop. 

We've spent a fortune on wages. 

we've went through a million players

We're terrible to watch. 

Just stop. 

Please stop. 

Салатные палочки
2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Does he (genuine question) ? If he does, why should he?  If he wants to go off to the Dof role when his time is up then fair enough - AB seems to think he's earned it. When he does, AB better relaise he should have no further say or role in the first team. He messed up with Cathro, he's done nothing of note in his own tenure as manager and the current clutch of coaches clearly are incapable of delivering what is required. 

I can't see AB making the decision without his input IF he returns to DOF. IMO it would be detrimental to have him return to DOF when he leaves the head coach role as nothing will really change. 

36 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Thought we would finish 5th, not so sure now. 

I think CL's target from Mrs Budge is a minimum of 4th, so less than 5th, he'll have some explaining to do.

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic