Jump to content

East of Scotland Leagues


systemx

Recommended Posts

On 24 October 2019 at 21:35, SectionDJambo said:

Used to have Loanhead Mayflower, back in the day.

My dad came from Loanhead and played for the Mayflower. Downside was it was so parochial that if you had a shit game you got pelters on the Monday morning from the whole village, even the old wifies!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Footballfirst

    122

  • RobboM

    61

  • Tasavallan

    27

  • Thomaso

    19

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

East of Scotland Leagues going ahead as planned.

There's actually a fixture on tonight Musselburgh Ath v Lothian Thistle

Game is streaming live on Musselburgh's Facebook page

Link to post
Share on other sites
Footballfirst
50 minutes ago, RobboM said:

East of Scotland Leagues going ahead as planned.

There's actually a fixture on tonight Musselburgh Ath v Lothian Thistle

Game is streaming live on Musselburgh's Facebook page

Finished Musselburgh 2-3 LTHV.

 

The streaming was very basic, but perfectly watchable for those fans desperate to watch their team playing.  The viewer count peaked around 267 while a watched a bit of the second half.  That is a little higher than Mussy's normal home attendance.

 

I believe that several teams will be live streaming their games tomorrow. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

 

I believe that several teams will be live streaming their games tomorrow. 

 

When my son was at college in California, all his games were streamed live complete with a dumbass commentator.  I watched every one of his games on the big screen from the comfort of my own chair.  

 

Hopefully, I can do the same for the local juniors when they do not clash with Hearts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Footballfirst
8 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

 

When my son was at college in California, all his games were streamed live complete with a dumbass commentator.  I watched every one of his games on the big screen from the comfort of my own chair.  

 

Hopefully, I can do the same for the local juniors when they do not clash with Hearts.

Newtongrange are offering a free stream today, while Penicuik are charging £5 for PPV.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Footballfirst

In the new WOSFL (formerly West Juniors) they have held a vote asking clubs to confirm a start date for the league and whether or not they want to participate at all. The League has published the results this morning. The results could mean a few clubs going into abeyance.

 

https://wosfl.co.uk/club-ballot-results/

 

Quote

We can reveal the results of the ballot issued to all West of Scotland Football League clubs and which was completed late last night.

Total Votes – 67 Clubs.

Question 1
Under the current restrictions, does your club wish to commence playing on 24th October?
Yes, we want to start on Saturday 24th October – 36
No, we do not wish to start on Saturday 24th October – 31

Question 2
Irrelevant due to result of Question 1 (related to a continued pause of season)

Question 3
If the result of the ballot on Question 1 is that we should commence playing on 24th October, does your club wish to withdraw from this season’s league competition?
Yes, we wish to withdraw – 14
No, we will compete in the league – 53

The IMG will now request written confirmation from the 14 Clubs who indicated that they do not wish to participate in this season’s league competition. If we do not hear anything from them by 5PM on Sunday 11th October 2020 we will accept that they have withdrawn.

As you can imagine any result was always going to have huge implications for us, but this one means we need to move on with haste. The IMG met via last night around 9PM and initial plans were discussed.

The IMG will continue to meet over the weekend and will inform everyone of our plans ahead of a start date of Saturday 24th October as soon as we can.

Again we thank all clubs and supporters for their patience on this and ask for that patience to continue.

Regards,
Kennie Young
Secretary
WoSFL Interim Management Group

Edited by Footballfirst
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Newtongrange are offering a free stream today, while Penicuik are charging £5 for PPV.

Easy Stirling v civil is shown for free on their Twitter too, albeit in the lowland league. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Footballfirst
Just now, Dayman said:

Easy Stirling v civil is shown for free on their Twitter too, albeit in the lowland league. 

Berwick Rangers v Vale of Leithen is also free for this weekend's game, although will be £6.75 for future games.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2020 at 10:12, Footballfirst said:

In the new WOSFL (formerly West Juniors) they have held a vote asking clubs to confirm a start date for the league and whether or not they want to participate at all. The League has published the results this morning. The results could mean a few clubs going into abeyance.

 

https://wosfl.co.uk/club-ballot-results/

 

 

 

20201011_105540.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Footballfirst

Cumnock, Kilbirnie Ladeside, Petershill and Whitletts Victoria have all already indicated that they will sit out the season, with Shotts Bon Accord expected to do likewise following a meeting today.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Footballfirst

Now Auchinleck and Pollok have withdrawn from the WOSFL for this season.  That will please teams in the premier division of the EOSFL as it will improve their chances of winning a play-off for entry to the Lowland League.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Now Auchinleck and Pollok have withdrawn from the WOSFL for this season.  That will please teams in the premier division of the EOSFL as it will improve their chances of winning a play-off for entry to the Lowland League.

 

 

from speaking with someone who plays in that league, the players in his team were prepared to pay for nothing but the main issue has been the fact you're not allowed to shower after the game. Basically you come in your own car stripped and ready and are then unable to get a shower or get changed afterwards which in the winter would be bonkers when you consider the distances some would have to travel home. Robbo mentioned something similar a couple of weeks ago.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

from speaking with someone who plays in that league, the players in his team were prepared to pay for nothing but the main issue has been the fact you're not allowed to shower after the game. Basically you come in your own car stripped and ready and are then unable to get a shower or get changed afterwards which in the winter would be bonkers when you consider the distances some would have to travel home. Robbo mentioned something similar a couple of weeks ago.


The showering ban seems almost perverse given that washing hands with soap is sufficient to break down the virus.
Given that this weekend the restriction on using changing rooms has already been relaxed (to an extent) it feels like the banning of showers could well be changed. Who knows? Maybe shower with a mask?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

The Linlithgow boys won't enjoy seeing Bo'ness challenging up the top of the Lowland league.

The BU's were top of East League last season as well so the Rose should be used to it!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Footballfirst
24 minutes ago, Rab WL said:

The BU's were top of East League last season as well so the Rose should be used to it!

 

I'd expect BU to finish around mid table in the LL this season, assuming that the league runs to a conclusion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

 

I'd expect BU to finish around mid table in the LL this season, assuming that the league runs to a conclusion.

 

17 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

 

I'd expect BU to finish around mid table in the LL this season, assuming that the league runs to a conclusion.

Early days but it's BU v Vale of Leithen on Wed night hopefully after a Jambo win on Tue - would be a good week with Dundee up next

Link to post
Share on other sites
Footballfirst
4 minutes ago, Rab WL said:

 

Early days but it's BU v Vale of Leithen on Wed night hopefully after a Jambo win on Tue - would be a good week with Dundee up next

 

Kelty, Bonnyrigg, BSC, East Kilbride, East Stirling and Spartans all look a bit stronger than Bo'ness, but they should finish above Vale of Leithen, Dalbeattie, Gretna, Edinburgh Uni and Gala Fairydean.

 

I'd put Bo'ness in with the middle ranking LL sides from last season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

 

Kelty, Bonnyrigg, BSC, East Kilbride, East Stirling and Spartans all look a bit stronger than Bo'ness, but they should finish above Vale of Leithen, Dalbeattie, Gretna, Edinburgh Uni and Gala Fairydean.

 

I'd put Bo'ness in with the middle ranking LL sides from last season. 

Lost track of this set up already FF.

WoSFL and the LL have a play off.

Then play off with Highland League winners ? 

Does HL winners have a previous match also?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Footballfirst
14 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Lost track of this set up already FF.

WoSFL and the LL have a play off.

Then play off with Highland League winners ? 

Does HL winners have a previous match also?

 

Not quite.

The WOSFL and EOSFL (Premier divisions) are both at Tier 6.  It is the winners of those two leagues who will play off for a place in the Lowland League at Tier 5, as long as both winners are SFA licensed.

 

The Tier 5 play off is between the winners of the LL and HL for the opportunity of a further play off against team 42 of the SPFL (unless it's Brechin 👿)

Edited by Footballfirst
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Lost track of this set up already FF.

WoSFL and the LL have a play off.

Then play off with Highland League winners ? 

Does HL winners have a previous match also?

Mid table in first season would be very good but we shall see - lot of changes in personnel ( in and out )

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

 

Not quite.

The WOSFL and EOSFL (Premier divisions) are both at Tier 6.  It is the winners of those two leagues who will play off for a place in the Lowland League at Tier 5, as long as both winners are SFA licensed.

 

The Tier 5 play off is between the winners of the LL and HL for the opportunity of a further play off against team 42 of the SPFL (unless it's Brechin 👿)

 

Got you, never read your earlier posts correctly. 

 

East v West play offs are going to be tough affairs.

 

Edit

@Rab WL Bo'ness got themselves up at the right time.

 

Lowland needs a 2up 2 down.

Edited by Tommy Brown
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

 

Not quite.

The WOSFL and EOSFL are both at Tier 6 (Premier divisions)  It is the winners of those two leagues who will play off for a place in the Lowland League at Tier 5, as long as both winners are SFA licensed.

 

The Tier 5 play off is between the winners of the LL and HL for the opportunity of a further play off against team 42 of the SPFL (unless it's Brechin 👿)

Not quite 😉

 

You've got the SOSFL (South of Scotland league) and they are in the play off too (only if SFA licenced as with the other leagues)

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RobboM said:

Not quite 😉

 

You've got the SOSFL (South of Scotland league) and they are in the play off too (only if SFA licenced as with the other leagues)

 

 

 

Holy shit, I should stop posting.:lol:

 

Does Lowland league only have one side relegated?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

 

Got you, never read your earlier posts correctly. 

 

East v West play offs are going to be tough affairs.


Too right! There are 130 clubs in the Lowland League feeder leagues vying for that play off

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

 

Holy shit, I should stop posting.:lol:

 

Does Lowland league only have one side relegated?


Yes. It's a real bottleneck. I'd guess that, over time, about half the Lowland League will be made up with teams from the WoSFL, probably another 3-5 teams from the EoSFL and only the remaining rump being current Lowland League teams. And then you ahve the bottleneck that is promotion up to SPFL Div 2 ....

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, RobboM said:


Yes. It's a real bottleneck. I'd guess that, over time, about half the Lowland League will be made up with teams from the WoSFL, probably another 3-5 teams from the EoSFL and only the remaining rump being current Lowland League teams. And then you ahve the bottleneck that is promotion up to SPFL Div 2 ....

 

The tier 5/6 bottleneck is benefitting no-one. Would be far better with increased promotion and relegation to allow teams to find a more suitable level quicker.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Niemi’s gloves

An interesting aspect of the developments in the WoSFL is that they were intending to run as a two tier league at tier 6 and 7  (like the EoSFL), with 20 clubs in the former and 47 in the latter. What is slightly strange is that of the 14 clubs apparently going into abeyance this season, quite a few are big names like Auchinleck who would have been in the upper group. Are they being guaranteed a place in the upper group next year ( which would a bit unfair on clubs in the lower tier who do go ahead)?

 

Actually, it may be that it’s all a power play by the bigger West teams to get the start of their season pushed back (against the wish of the majority). But perhaps it will backfire on them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

 

I'd expect BU to finish around mid table in the LL this season, assuming that the league runs to a conclusion.

 

If I read the senior/junior leagues correctly, both Bo'ness and Lithgae are still running CFC teams in the East Region Juniors.

 

Also, according to a statement released by Auchenlect Talbot they are not going to run a team in the WoSL for 2020/21. I wonder how many other juniors in the west will follow suit?

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Now Auchinleck and Pollok have withdrawn from the WOSFL for this season.  That will please teams in the premier division of the EOSFL as it will improve their chances of winning a play-off for entry to the Lowland League.

 

 

 

3 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

 

If I read the senior/junior leagues correctly, both Bo'ness and Lithgae are still running CFC teams in the East Region Juniors.

 

Also, according to a statement released by Auchenlect Talbot they are not going to run a team in the WoSL for 2020/21. I wonder how many other juniors in the west will follow suit?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

 

If I read the senior/junior leagues correctly, both Bo'ness and Lithgae are still running CFC teams in the East Region Juniors.

 

 


I don 't think there is any connection with the Linlithgow one. They used to be the Linlithgow team that played in the amateur leagues and it was probably just a bit of opportunism with the name of the club when they applied to play in the rump East Junior league. I think they play at the sports centre but did played at Prestonfield (real Linlthgow Rose home ground) for their Junior Cup match last season as they drew Pollok in the cup.

Seems to be more of a connection between the Bo'ness sides as they both play at Newtown park (which is now a 3G park) but certainly for player registration purposes they are different clubs and run separately as I understand it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Footballfirst
10 hours ago, RobboM said:

Not quite 😉

 

You've got the SOSFL (South of Scotland league) and they are in the play off too (only if SFA licenced as with the other leagues)

 

You are of course correct. It's easy to forget the SOSFL as they are currently pretty weak, although they still have three former members in the LL (Dalbeattie, Gretna and Caledonian Braves), although CB is now based at Strathclyde Park.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Niemi’s gloves
4 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

You are of course correct. It's easy to forget the SOSFL as they are currently pretty weak, although they still have three former members in the LL (Dalbeattie, Gretna and Caledonian Braves), although CB is now based at Strathclyde Park.


I may be wrong but I don’t think Gretna have ever been in the SoSL league. Played in English football from foundation after the war until they were elected to the Scottish League. After their financial collapse, the phoenix club Gretna 2008 were admitted to the EoSL and then became founder members of the LL

 

Edit: their reserves did play in the SoSL from 2001 to 2003

Edited by Niemi’s gloves
Update
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/10/2019 at 22:35, Alec Eiffel said:

The proof is Bonnyrigg Rose who had to get floodlights installed last season to gain SFA licence and promotion to the Lowland League.  Now they are topping it with a chance of getting into League 2.

They should put Brechin out of their misery and do a swap!

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

You are of course correct. It's easy to forget the SOSFL as they are currently pretty weak, although they still have three former members in the LL (Dalbeattie, Gretna and Caledonian Braves), although CB is now based at Strathclyde Park.

 

Caledonian Braves moved to the LL but their reserves play in the SOSFL.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

 

Its nice to see that more and more clubs make official live streams of their matches when its nearly impossible to attend the actual games. I think this is one of the reasons why "soccer" is starting to become a major sport in the US as most regular folks can't afford a NFL subscription.  If Hearts weren't playing tonight I would watched this as I'm really interested in lower league football. What EOSL teams do most Jambos follow?     

Link to post
Share on other sites
Footballfirst

A good indication of what the pyramid clubs can gain from streaming.  Over 100 on PPV for a game scheduled opposite Scotland v Czech Rep.

 

 

 

Edited by Footballfirst
Link to post
Share on other sites

That's brilliant news footballfirst as it also means much needed money for smaller clubs who really must be struggling without any fans at the grounds. I would really like to see some local lower league matches as well the next time I'm in Edinburgh. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Footballfirst
On 13/10/2020 at 19:00, VikingHeart said:

Its nice to see that more and more clubs make official live streams of their matches when its nearly impossible to attend the actual games. I think this is one of the reasons why "soccer" is starting to become a major sport in the US as most regular folks can't afford a NFL subscription.  If Hearts weren't playing tonight I would watched this as I'm really interested in lower league football. What EOSL teams do most Jambos follow?     

I am a bit of a ground hopper, so I end up watching multiple teams over a season.  Sometimes I leave it to a Saturday morning, to check the fixtures for an interesting game within an hour's drive. I usually watch the youth games at the Academy in the morning before heading off early afternoon.  I probably watched Bonnyrigg more than anyone else last season, but I was at Penicuik, Newtongrange, Kelty, Hill of Beath and Tranent more than once.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I am a bit of a ground hopper, so I end up watching multiple teams over a season.  Sometimes I leave it to a Saturday morning, to check the fixtures for an interesting game within an hour's drive. I usually watch the youth games at the Academy in the morning before heading off early afternoon.  I probably watched Bonnyrigg more than anyone else last season, but I was at Penicuik, Newtongrange, Kelty, Hill of Beath and Tranent more than once.

Who are you fancying for the Lowland League this season?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/10/2020 at 19:00, VikingHeart said:

If Hearts weren't playing tonight I would watched this as I'm really interested in lower league football. What EOSL teams do most Jambos follow?     

 

I usually take an interest in the clubs that my sons have played for.  Hutchie Vale is probably top of the list as taslad#2 was with them from U13 to U19 before moving to Uni in US.  I keep an eye on Vale of Leithen in LL, Broxburn in the EoSFL and this season Whitburn Juniors in the East Region Juniors Superleague.  

 

I consider all the upheaval of this season to be great for the supporters of these clubs who have spent a lot of money improving their facilities.  As mentioned before VoL have installed floodlights ar Victoria Park to be in line with all other LL clubs.  Whitburn's Central Park is looking great after structural repairs and a general tidy up.  With travel restrictions I will stay in West Lothian and follow the Burnie.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/10/2020 at 19:00, VikingHeart said:

Its nice to see that more and more clubs make official live streams of their matches when its nearly impossible to attend the actual games. I think this is one of the reasons why "soccer" is starting to become a major sport in the US as most regular folks can't afford a NFL subscription.  If Hearts weren't playing tonight I would watched this as I'm really interested in lower league football. What EOSL teams do most Jambos follow?     

I follow Spartans as my youngest son is in their academy 2008 intake.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Footballfirst
10 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Who are you fancying for the Lowland League this season?

Kelty or East Kilbride.

 

I think that Bonnyrigg had their best chance last season. Their squad has remained largely unchanged for several years, but I just feel that they may have peaked and don't have the funds available to strengthen as the two clubs named above have done.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I am a bit of a ground hopper, so I end up watching multiple teams over a season.  Sometimes I leave it to a Saturday morning, to check the fixtures for an interesting game within an hour's drive. I usually watch the youth games at the Academy in the morning before heading off early afternoon.  I probably watched Bonnyrigg more than anyone else last season, but I was at Penicuik, Newtongrange, Kelty, Hill of Beath and Tranent more than once.

 

You sound like a true ground hopper alright😀My initial though was to head down south for a Bonnyrigg game as it wouldn't that far from the Stewart brewery either. Having said that it would also be tempting to take a trip across the Bridge for game.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

 

I usually take an interest in the clubs that my sons have played for.  Hutchie Vale is probably top of the list as taslad#2 was with them from U13 to U19 before moving to Uni in US.  I keep an eye on Vale of Leithen in LL, Broxburn in the EoSFL and this season Whitburn Juniors in the East Region Juniors Superleague.  

 

I consider all the upheaval of this season to be great for the supporters of these clubs who have spent a lot of money improving their facilities.  As mentioned before VoL have installed floodlights ar Victoria Park to be in line with all other LL clubs.  Whitburn's Central Park is looking great after structural repairs and a general tidy up.  With travel restrictions I will stay in West Lothian and follow the Burnie.

It's always nice to hear when smaller clubs have the funds to do investments as it's not only beneficial to them but also hopefully the whole community as local kids/ youths get an arena to develop their skills and socialize in a positive manner. When I looked up Vale of Leithen on google maps I discovered that it's really close to Traquair House. Isn't that a brewery as well? I had a really good wee heavy once from Traquair which if I remember correctly wouldn't open a certain door again until another Stuart reigned Scotland. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...