Lost the dressing room ?

Bull's-eye

We_are_the_Hearts
12 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

No it's a silly argument.  We could have had (a choice of) Haring, Naismith, Souttar, Washington, Walker, Morrison and Halkett in the team and won 2-1 which would have given us 2 extra points - and that's just one game!

We started Naismith, Washington, Walker and Halkett against Ross County and were lucky to get a point! It's a silly argument now as all the starting players were signed by CL and have had plenty games.

On 21/10/2019 at 09:33, sandylejambo said:

What about the players who have been sidelined?, has he lost Harry Cockrane ? How about the players who have been

shipped out. If your in the team you have more reason to think the manager is doing it right ( not always).  I still don't think the players are all for his systems and tactics, the fans certainly are not, while yesterday was a lot better than previous weeks, I'm not on the"Levein has turned the corner" just yet.

Harry Cochrane has completed 90 minutes once out of 6 games for a team 2 points from the bottom of the Scottish Championship. Unfortunately i dont think he's currently anywhere near the player we hoped he would be. If he's not happy with Levein I'm not particularly bothered right now.

10 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

It's not a silly argument. We played very well against Rangers with a depleted squad which shows it can be done. You can't have it both ways when using injuries as an excuse for crap performances. 

Of course I can.  Do you seriously believe every game is played out the same?

Rangers are willing to come out and play as are Celtic  and Hibs/Aberdeen up to a point.

Other teams tend to play more defensively and that's when you most miss your best/creative players.

Having all or most of these players available gives the manager more and better options depending on who we play.

Johnny Sandiego

I dont think he ever lost the players/dressing room, but I dont believe this result has shown we've turned a corner.

We play better against teams who attack us rather than teams who sit back. Levein's tactics and formations against the so called lesser teams lead to pedestrian performances where we lack creativity and urgency.

To me the only way we will truely turn a corner is if we find a settled formation and tactics which are suited to breaking teams down. In the majority of our games in this league you need that. Leveins tinkering and over thinking need to stop or nothing will change.

Forever Hearts
20 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Rangers are willing to come out and play as are Celtic  and Hibs/Aberdeen up to a point.

Other teams tend to play more defensively and that's when you most miss your best/creative players.

Having all or most of these players available gives the manager more and better options depending on who we play.

Ross County, Hamilton and Motherwell all came to Tynecastle and not one of them played defensively. 

Just now, Forever Hearts said:

Ross County, Hamilton and Motherwell all came to Tynecastle and not one of them played defensively. 

All teams play defensively, all teams attack as well....its Football, it's a sport and there's more than one team on the pitch. 

All these variables make it the sport most of us all love.

I don't expect you to understand and you can carry on moaning while the rest of us carry on smiling for the rest of this week after enjoying a cracking game on Sunday.  Cheers.

5 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Where did I  say we would win EVERY game where this happens?

How many of Haring, Naismith, Souttar, Washington, Walker, Morrison and Halkett played in all these games?

For a start Naismith, who with hindsight was clearly not match fit, only lasted the firsr half in the Ross match and Uche was subbed after an hour.

Just as a matter of interest, are you suggesting these highlighted players offer no added value?

The Real Maroonblood
31 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

He obviously hasn't lost the dressing room but some folk still want an argument.

No they don't.

:tongue:

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

Where did I  say we would win EVERY game where this happens?

How many of Haring, Naismith, Souttar, Washington, Walker, Morrison and Halkett played in all these games?

For a start Naismith, who with hindsight was clearly not match fit, only lasted the firsr half in the Ross match and Uche was subbed after an hour.

Just as a matter of interest, are you suggesting these highlighted players offer no added value?

Yes, they would improve the team. But their absence doesn't excuse the diabolical displays we've had to endure while they've been out. And I don't expect to be winning every game while they are out, but four or five and not being second bottom of the isn't too much fo ask. We've just came off the joint worst run in our history in case you forgot. 

7 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Yes, they would improve the team. But their absence doesn't excuse the diabolical displays we've had to endure while they've been out. And I don't expect to be winning every game while they are out, but four or five and not being second bottom of the isn't too much fo ask. We've just came off the joint worst run in our history in case you forgot. 

Thank you.

So we would probably be in a much better position but for injuries?  Right?

Edited by JamboAl

Dusk_Till_Dawn
20 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Thank you.

We’d probably be in a better position with a different manager too.

On 20/10/2019 at 22:42, Crete said:

That’s careless 

It's probably down behind the settee that's where I usually find lost things. 

Forever Hearts
52 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Thank you.

Yes, undoubtedly. But the injuries don't excuse the god awful displays we've had to endure and Hearts should NEVER be third bottom of the league in October. 

Right? 

Edited by Forever Hearts

2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Yes, undoubtedly. But the injuries don't excuse the god awful displays we've had to endure and Hearts should NEVER be third bottom of the league in October. 

Right? 

That's all I need to know.  Thank you for your honesty.

On the god awful displays I agree up to a point but when you are playing with 2nd choice players it is almost inevitable that the display will suffer eg who do we have (or can afford) that can slot seamlessly into Naisy's job?

Answer - No one.  So we must accept

a) that our performance is likely to be less good

OR

b) maybe he can improvise by making positional changes but that is called tinkering which CL's criticis slate him for.

What is it to be?

As an example of improvisation,

On Sunday with Halkett injured (yes, I know he could have played Dikamona) he brought in White, moved Hickey to RB and played Smith in central defence.  It was a howling success and so it was a masterstroke as MS was outstanding.   If it had failed he would been slammed, yet he was doing the same thing.  Hindsight.

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

That's all I need to know.  Thank you for your honesty.

On the god awful displays I agree up to a point but when you are playing with 2nd choice players it is almost inevitable that the display will suffer eg who do we have (or can afford) that can slot seamlessly into Naisy's job?

Answer - No one.  So we must accept

a) that our performance is likely to be less good

OR

b) maybe he can improvise by making positional changes but that is called tinkering which CL's criticis slate him for.

What is it to be?

As an example of improvisation,

On Sunday with Halkett injured (yes, I know he could have played Dikamona) he brought in White, moved Hickey to RB and played Smith in central defence.  It was a howling success and so it was a masterstroke as MS was outstanding.   If it had failed he would been slammed, yet he was doing the same thing.  Hindsight.

Again, you're wanting it both ways. Where was that performance against Rangers (injuries and all) against umpteen other teams in the last year? 

2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Thank you.

It’s all just the Injurrrruyyyyssss!!!

5 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Again, you're wanting it both ways. Where was that performance against Rangers (injuries and all) against umpteen other teams in the last year? 

I've already said that every game does not pan out the same way and every team is not so offensively minded as Rangers.  We tend to struggle more against the smaller teams because generally (NOT ALWAYS) they tend to be more defensively and hit on the break.

PS - You have already accepted that injuries are a factor. 

3 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

It’s all just the Injurrrruyyyyssss!!!

That's not the proper spelling of injuries.

You shouldn't have skipped school today.

Forever Hearts
43 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I've already said that every game does not pan out the same way and every team is not so offensively minded as Rangers.  We tend to struggle more against the smaller teams because generally (NOT ALWAYS) they tend to be more defensively and hit on the break.

PS - You have already accepted that injuries are a factor. 

Yes, I have accepted injuries are a factor. Pity you're not so forthcoming in admitting that we've been utterly dreadful, injuries or not. 

3 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Yes, I have accepted injuries are a factor. Pity you're not so forthcoming in admitting that we've been utterly dreadful, injuries or not. 

You are so engrossed in your critical approach that you must have missed what I said earlier.

Here is my reply again.

Answer - No one.

Forever Hearts
Just now, JamboAl said:

You are so engrossed in your critical approach that you must have missed what I said earlier.

Here is my reply again.

Answer - No one.

Every post you make is laced with excuses. 

Forever Hearts
Just now, JamboAl said:

What is it you want me to say?

That despite the injuries we've been absolutely rubbish. You know, like the truth? 

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

That despite the injuries we've been absolutely rubbish. You know, like the truth? 

even without the injuries we were rubbish

15 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

What is it you want me to say?

Ignore him Al.

Cranium explosion imminent and his toys will be out the pram soon as he ties himself in knots.

22 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I have admitted it as far as I need to.  Beyond that it is conjecture.

Answer - No one.

It was good to turn in a decent performance against Rangers2012 but it was still only one point. Although I expected the minimum of a 3-0 loss and was happy to at least get that point, it doesn't change the fact that there's still no win since March. If that had been a game against say....St Johnstone, there would've been boos all around at the final whistle. But because it was Rangers2012 it's ok. Rangers re-incarnation and Glezgae Celtic are still miles ahead in points and we've already fallen too far behind to get anywhere near third. It's been said that the result against that lot might be a turning point, I also heard the same after we beat Hibs but, to no avail. Livingston will be very tough, even Celtic fell apart there. Fair play to Livy though, they lost a good few of their players in the summer yet seem able to replace them quite easily. Wouldn't mind their scouts working for Hearts instead of our lot. With the difference in their budgets to ours, I reckon we could've had a few better players. Helps when you have a manager who likes to get in about the opposition regularly as well though and not just in certain games.

14 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I have admitted it as far as I need to.  Beyond that it is conjecture.

Answer - No one.

It’s the managers job to ensure that we have a squad that can be rotated depending on the opposition or players fitness. CL picked the squad and made a ricket of it. 

2 minutes ago, Prof said:

It’s the managers job to ensure that we have a squad that can be rotated depending on the opposition or players fitness. CL picked the squad and made a ricket of it. 

Some people might argue it's the club Accountant's job to ensure that we have loads and loadsa munny so we can have 2 players of equal ability for every position and the club doctor should possibly have a good idea of which players are going to get injured during the game.  If that happened we would have no concerns unless we got more than 3 injuries during a game.

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Pointless. 

It you need to explain this to a person then there's no point in engaging with them. 

Like explaining football to a 5 year old. 

Except it's a grown up. 

He's either being deliberately obtuse or doesn't have a clue. Either way--pointless. 

5 minutes ago, Boab said:

Thought this was more problems with the new stand !!

Thank goodness it’s just another Levein thread. 
Phew !

😂🤣

9 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

He obviously hasn't lost the dressing room but some folk still want an argument.

I’m not surprised he’s not lost the dressing room. You might know better than me but the impression I get is the players have been getting it too easy. Losing doesn’t seem to be met with much outrage internally. It was only after Killie the manager finally lost the plot and it seemed to spark a reaction for once.

Edited by Rudy T

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Some people might argue it's the club Accountant's job to ensure that we have loads and loadsa munny so we can have 2 players of equal ability for every position and the club doctor should possibly have a good idea of which players are going to get injured during the game.  If that happened we would have no concerns unless we got more than 3 injuries during a game.

Feeble response. A squad doesn’t consist of groups of 2 players of equal ability. That’s a fantasy as is your concept of a doctor being able to predict who will likely to get injured. What are you smoking tonight?

pettigrewsstylist
40 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I’m not surprised he’s not lost the dressing room. You might know better than me but the impression I get is the players have been getting it too easy. Losing doesn’t seem to be met with much outrage internally. It was only after Killie the manager finally lost the plot and it seemed to spark a reaction for once.

TV cameras always  spark a performance from most  - potential for move etc. Lets see how motivated they are for Livi and  St J. Would like to see mesh wi Uche again.

22 minutes ago, Prof said:

Feeble response. A squad doesn’t consist of groups of 2 players of equal ability. That’s a fantasy as is your concept of a doctor being able to predict who will likely to get injured. What are you smoking tonight?

I'm glad you've come to realise that and as a Professor of Fantasy you should know.

Forever Hearts
7 hours ago, farin said:

Can we just please put this “lost the dressing room” nonsense to bed. It was a spurious rumour started to stir up trouble. Absolutely no truth in it. 

Spend a lot of time in the Hearts dressing room do you?

8 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I'm glad you've come to realise that and as a Professor of Fantasy you should know.

Shall we go through the respective players that we've put out - despite injuries against Motherwell, Ross County, Hamilton. To save me the time, it doesn't read well. I am willing to bet even with those injuries our side is much more costly. Nobody is saying injuries aren't ridiculous at the moment but levein hasn't and can't get the best out of what he has available. All managers have injury issues and he showed last season (even once they returned) he couldn't do it. 

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, bistokid said:

Shall we go through the respective players that we've put out - despite injuries against Motherwell, Ross County, Hamilton. To save me the time, it doesn't read well. I am willing to bet even with those injuries our side is much more costly. Nobody is saying injuries aren't ridiculous at the moment but levein hasn't and can't get the best out of what he has available. All managers have injury issues and he showed last season (even once they returned) he couldn't do it. 

You're wasting your time, mate. Regardless of results certain posters on here will back Levein to the hilt and roll out the injury excuse at every opportunity. Makes you wonder why we have a big squad in the first place if the guys on the fringes can't step in and do a job. And I wonder who signed them? 

I will start off with the fact that levein should be gone,his record over the last 10 months is horrific and we would not have accepted it with any other manager.

I will say though that folk who write off the injuries are not being realistic.

At one point last year we had the whole back 4 out, we lost our only big player in Naismith and Uche was injured. Last year the squad didn't have the depth to cope.

We have attempted to address this by spending big on players who can make a difference this year so we aren't as reliant on one big player. That's great in theory but the reality is that we have had terrible injuries already this year. We have 3 good quality centre back,two are injured, we have two good number 10 type players,both are injured,we had 1 excellent DM who was injured (thank goodness we brought Whelan in)

We have 2 big,bustling centre forward...yep..both have been injured.

Does anyone seriously want to say that any team outside the old firm could cope with losing Souttar, Halkett, Smith, Haring,Walker, Naismith, Washington and Uche and still perform at a level that keeps them in European contention?

2 hours ago, bistokid said:

levein hasn't and can't get the best out of what he has available. All managers have injury issues 

Summarises Levein’s ability as a manager. That’s why he was binned from other managerial positions.

2 hours ago, bistokid said:

Been done on the Levein thread.