Statement From Hearts

Jambos_1874

Just saw that we have apparently released a statement noting that a racist incident occurred at the match today, aimed at Morelos. No doubt his behaviour is shocking on the park and he deliberately tries to antagonise fans, but there is no need for this. Hope the culprits are found and banned. The OF rightly get abuse (albeit never any punishment) for the sectarian singing etc but racism is also inexcusable.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50117848

Edited by Jambos_1874

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• jake

• davemclaren

• Governor Tarkin

1 minute ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Just saw that we have apparently released a statement noting that a racist incident occurred at the match today, aimed at Morelos. No doubt his behaviour is shocking on the park and he deliberately tries to antagonise fans, but there is no need for this. Hope the culprits are found and banned. The OF rightly get abuse (albeit never any punishment) for the sectarian singing etc but racism is also imexcusable.

You could see the reaction if two or three on the camera when he scored and it made me wonder what comments were made alongside their gestures. Hopefully whoever it was its dealt with quickly and properly.

Italian Lambretta
6 minutes ago, sadj said:

You could see the reaction if two or three on the camera when he scored and it made me wonder what comments were made alongside their gestures. Hopefully whoever it was its dealt with quickly and properly.

Probably just called him a 'coke snorting *******'. 

1 minute ago, ramrod said:

Guys a famny , standing in front of opposing fans goading them after scoring . Just go celebrate with your m8's 

I agree but call him a tit or whatever don't need to throw any racial slurs if that is what happened. 

The guy is a class A idiot and fool but we can't defend any racial abuse etc... 

This whole thing seems to be based on some very amateur and biased lip reading. Hopefully police or whoever have access to the audio so they can tell definitively but it feels a bit uncomfortable publically dragging a guy into a racism investigation on such loose evidence. 

Racism is inexcusable but its not clear. I think you can make out clearly 'ya ****in' but thats it. 

I'm assuming that he was saying something along the lines of ya ****ing hun ***** for goading him. 

The club are right to investigate but based on that angle there isn't anything they can do. 

1 minute ago, mscjambo said:

I agree but call him a tit or whatever don't need to throw any racial slurs if that is what happened. 

The guy is a class A idiot and fool but we can't defend any racial abuse etc... 

Yep call him a ***** or whatever you want but his colour is irrelevant . I always think it should be a  yellow card for that with zero tolerance. 

Bazzas right boot

He's naw even black, is he? 

We have several black players and other races. 

Makes no sense. 

Some folk are tools if true. 

Lots of hun that, *****, orange, smelly, trampy, **** and other general banter, but I heard no racism from anyone. 

Kinda hoping most of these sorts are Boycotting in solidarity with thier banished mates, sorry due to CL still being here or already banned. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

1 minute ago, ramrod said:

Yep call him a ***** or whatever you want but his colour is irrelevant . I always think it should be a  yellow card for that with zero tolerance. 

We have to careful before tarring and feathering the guy this accusation has been levelled at but if it's proven strong sanctions. If not equally he needs to be cleared publicly.

But in general as you say strong zero tolerance

4 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

This whole thing seems to be based on some very amateur and biased lip reading. Hopefully police or whoever have access to the audio so they can tell definitively but it feels a bit uncomfortable publically dragging a guy into a racism investigation on such loose evidence. 

Bingo. 

I doubt what was shouted would’ve been picked up on microphones though, they’ll probably need to rely on people around there reporting it. 

Words are words. Wouldn't get overly emotional about it as people just tend to be tribal at games. It is unpleasant but so is being called out for your nationality, hair colour (if you are ginger, for instance) and if you are a lineswoman. Not condoning but just saying that it should be treated the same as the other types of abuse - be it with a pinch of salt or great condemnation - and not isolated on its own.

Ricardo Shillyshally

Some folk fair make an effort to look for problems. I've seen it loads of times and you simply can't tell if it's racist. 

I'm more offended by the wifie next to him taking snaps of that wee snotter Morelos.

Edited by Ricardo Shillyshally

Absolutely. You should be able to goad and wind up away supporters without being racially abused for it.

Being stopped by the officials would be better but there was no sanction for Morelos. So he did nothing wrong.

Just stupid to use racist words. 

24 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Just saw that we have apparently released a statement noting that a racist incident occurred at the match today, aimed at Morelos. No doubt his behaviour is shocking on the park and he deliberately tries to antagonise fans, but there is no need for this. Hope the culprits are found and banned. The OF rightly get abuse (albeit never any punishment) for the sectarian singing etc but racism is also inexcusable.

Yes, racist comments completely unacceptable. Picture on bbc shows him sticking his tongue out at Hearts fans after his goal can understand folk getting upset but doesn’t justify anything racist. 

I did hear 3,000 away fans belting out Derry’s Walls a couple of times today. I used to think that was a sectarian song. 

Let’s see what hearts investigation turns up before labelling him as a racist. 

If the investigation is based on huns greeting about that video and not from fans or stewards reporting him who actually heard it then that’s a joke. 

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yes, racist comments completely unacceptable. Picture on bbc shows him sticking his tongue out at Hearts fans after his goal can understand folk getting upset but doesn’t justify anything racist. 

I did hear 3,000 away fans belting out Derry’s Walls a couple of times today. I used to think that was a sectarian song. 

Think sectarianism is only bad if you do it in a maroon top 👍

Who made the claim that there was racist remarks made??? 

If someone phoned and said I want to make a complaint about sectarian signing and language from the away end would they investigate that??? 

Just now, rick witter said:

If someone phoned and said I want to make a complaint about sectarian signing and language from the away end would they investigate that??? 

Why don’t you try it? Give them a ring. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

Will the club also do something about the objects thrown from the Rangers end early in the first half?

No.

Hope I’m proved wrong.

Just now, Morph said:

Or sit in the Hearts End. That’s all Granny Ann is interested in. 

Just now, rick witter said:

A rangers fan on twitter. 

15 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

He's naw even black, is he? 

We have several black players and other races. 

Makes no sense. 

Some folk are tools if true. 

Lots of hun that, *****, orange, smelly, trampy, **** and other general banter, but I heard no racism from anyone. 

Kinda hoping most of these sorts are Boycotting in solidarity with thier banished mates, sorry due to CL still being here or already banned. 

Mate go and try not to couple those who want Levein gone with racists eh ffs.

1 minute ago, rick witter said:

I wasn’t at the game. 

Didn’t you hear it on tv or did they black it out? It was very loud and very clearly Derry’s Wall. 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Didn’t you hear it on tv or did they black it out? It was very loud and very clearly Derry’s Wall. 

I heard it yes. The point I was trying to make was we are very very quick to judge our own when they arseholes in the away end can do what they like. 

HeartOfWestLothian
28 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Guys a famny , standing in front of opposing fans goading them after scoring . Just go celebrate with your m8's 

Don't you DARE defend or justify racism or racist comments on here. 

I heard it yes. The point I was trying to make was we are very very quick to judge our own when they arseholes in the away end can do what they like. 

If someones being racist mate they are there to be judged.

Whataboutery doesnt cut it

1 minute ago, HeartOfWestLothian said:

Dont think he was .

Just stating facts

Just now, McCrae said:

I wonder why the club isn’t making a comments regarding sectarianism from the Sevco end?

It would be counter productive. You must be able to see that.

3 minutes ago, HeartOfWestLothian said:

Oft calm down where did he in any way defend racism!! Get a grip

3 minutes ago, HeartOfWestLothian said:

Wtf you on about , read the post before slavering pish . 

The Real Maroonblood

Oft calm down where did he in any way defend racism!! Get a grip

Was it not just tongue in cheek?

3 minutes ago, jake said:

If someones being racist mate they are there to be judged.

Whataboutery doesnt cut it

Was he being racist? Do you know that for a fact. Accusations like this piss me right off when you can’t say for a fact what he said. 

2 minutes ago, McCrae said:

I wonder why the club isn’t making a comments regarding sectarianism from the Sevco end?

Could be just us getting our own house in order,  though I have to say I’d like all fans inside Tynecastle to be subject to the same scrutiny as the home fans. 

3 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Agreed but two wrongs etc. 

Not sure what the answer to Rangers fans singing is other than to refuse to sell them tickets. Would solve the problem but costs a lot of money. Personally I’d take the financial hit and ban them next time. No tickets at all. Allow them back for first game next season and if they sing the songs again, no tickets for next game and so on. They are thick but they would eventually get it. 

Similar issue with away fans fans in home seats. Heard from mates today of a fair few away fans in hospitality but not ejected. Hospitality is in the home stands so should only be home fans. Guys in there today wearing Rangers ties etc. 

3 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

It would be counter productive. You must be able to see that.

No, only if you think two wrongs make a right. 

Hearts are investigating ALLEGED racism.

Hearts then say they obviously are against this.

Yet some want the club to say aye but what about Rangers and some go on about granny Budge etc.

But just as bad is the vile link between those that want managerial change and racists.

3 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Was he being racist? Do you know that for a fact. Accusations like this piss me right off when you can’t say for a fact what he said. 

No I dont mate .

Just saying if they are.

The club are investigating and then say it goes without saying Hearts abhor that shit.

Governor Tarkin
12 minutes ago, jake said:

Mate go and try not to couple those who want Levein gone with racists eh ffs.

Tosh can't help himself, Jake. As his internet confidence has grown he's gone from enderingly stupid to tedious af (but still stupid).

coatbridgejambo
19 minutes ago, Morph said:

Seems that way