Clare

Brauhauser2012

Just now, jr ewing said:

Left Hickey 2 on 1 constantly in the first half. 

Yeah and did you see levein going nuts at him for not getting back/wide same on the other side boys boys told to stay narrow.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Spoleto

• kingantti1874

• GinRummy

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Meshino offered little second half. 

Clare was decent today. 

Not sure why anyone would single out any of our players. 

All were decent a few were very good. 

Correct 👍

been here before
32 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Clare was tremendous most of the game today. Smith, Berra, Clare and the big man all 8s imo.

Is that because you heard their names mentioned most on the crappy stream you watched it on?

That is how you judge a game isnt it?

I'm still in the "I think Clare is decent" camp, but he needs dropped for a few games. When jamie walker is back, I think the 2 of them will be competing for the same slot, which I imagine Walker will win hands down.

That leaves playing him in the middle and competing with moshino.

A few weeks on the bench will do him the world of good.

2 minutes ago, cunny1874 said:

Yeah and did you see levein going nuts at him for not getting back/wide same on the other side boys boys told to stay narrow.

And leave them unmarked,it's the Levein way. 

1 hour ago, Brauhauser2012 said:

Most people seem to think he played well today. I'm always open to being wrong, its just the way you see it sometimes. I see him losing possession going forward , not tracking back, not defending, others obviously see something else. I'd love to see him take some players on, keep possession and get a shot off on target or thread the ball through to someone else in a scoring position. Perhaps if I keep watching him I'll see what everyone else sees.

Exactly this, apart from the Uche cross he was absolutely pish, he gave the ball away needlessly loads o times, we should have turned them over today , maybe changing my mind for going to the semi but !!!!

2 hours ago, Brauhauser2012 said:

Weeks after week I watch this guy jogging about aimlessly. Today we took off Meshino and left Clare on. Meshino is 21 and didn't look tired at all and his goal was fantastic. Clare had one attacking run, other than that can't think of any contribution.

You should try watching the game.

been here before
7 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Hickey has cost us a minimum of 5 points this season. 

Perhaps I should start a "Hickey is shite" thread?

Go for it Sean.

Edited by been here before

Jambo, Goodbye

Clare had one good cross and a few decent runs but over the entire match,  was still posted missing for most of it. 

Was criticised at HT by Robbo too. 

It's what he doesn't do that annoys his critics. Constantly left Hickey 2 on 1 and a poster earlier mentioned Levein having several goes at him too. 

12 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

I’d read that tbh. Go for it.

13 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

He also won us 3 at Easter Road 

Clare didn’t do enough yet again. What he did do going forward was good but he doesn’t get involved anywhere near enough. 

Edited by rick witter

Clare played well today. But i guess if you're mind's made up then that's that. Consigned to being crap every week. Shame.

Never seems to work the other way round where someone is decided to be brilliant and judged as such regardless of the glaringly obvious.

Thought he was his usual self really, sometimes looks OK on the ball, but off it a wasted jersey.

Outwith his goal, I didn't think Mashino had great game and didn't really have an issue taking him off. 

Maybe I'm just not as knowledgeable on football as I thought but I didn't see much from him today that we don't see every game? :lol: but then I've never thought he deserved the abuse he got so whatever makes yous happy. 

People already have their mind made up on him. I personally thought he was very good. Won tackles and headers first half, covered shitloads of ground second. 

He put a wonderful cross in for Uche's chance as well. He done his defensive work and in the second half he was willing to try and turn and run at people which everyone else was scared to do. 

He also tried to loft a ball through to Uche, and the boy behind me accused him of the easy option.  Nonsense. The easy option would be to control it and go wide instead he tried to break the lines. It never came off, but it doesn't make him poor or lazy.

1 hour ago, superjack said:

I'm still in the "I think Clare is decent" camp, but he needs dropped for a few games. When jamie walker is back, I think the 2 of them will be competing for the same slot, which I imagine Walker will win hands down.

That leaves playing him in the middle and competing with moshino.

A few weeks on the bench will do him the world of good.

Very much in this boat. 

As far as staying in the starting 11 goes, he's had a bitterly easy ride. I can't imagine its good for morale that irrespective of his performance he's still in the team week in week out. The laddie needs to develop a bit of grit, and I think that can only come from a spell on the sidelines where he has to fight tooth and nail for his spot in the team. 

Clare played pretty well today and some on here seem to be carrying an agenda against him by not recognising this

Just confirms a few on here are simply looking for ways and means to criticise anybody and anything

Sad but expected from some posters

Give him due today. Generally not been convinced by him from early on at Hearts but he got stuck in today. 

Despite still being a mixed bag of a game, he definitely gets the kudos simply because of his effort and bravery being much better along with some good stuff. 

People accept mistakes more if you are still “wanting it” and give it yer best in every game.  

2 hours ago, Spoleto said:

You should try watching the game.

Inthey c....s faces all day was uche ! Loved his performance today ,,,

4 hours ago, amadjambo said:

Thought Clare played well today. Couldn’t understand why we didn’t take Mulraney off instead of Meshino, and put Meshino wide.

Wish we had taken Jake off then. 😕

He had a good game today. Quick enough to criticise so rightfully I’m praising him. Well done SC.  More of the same please. Promising 

6 hours ago, Brauhauser2012 said:

Weeks after week I watch this guy jogging about aimlessly. Today we took off Meshino and left Clare on. Meshino is 21 and didn't look tired at all and his goal was fantastic. Clare had one attacking run, other than that can't think of any contribution.

Jesus Christ, you’re clearly blind 

4 hours ago, Spoleto said:

Hickey that gave us our only win of the season aye?

been here before
20 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Hickey that gave us our only win of the season aye?

Do you think we could keep this kind of talk for when Spoleto gets round to starting his

..."Hickey is shite" thread?

Thanks.

7 hours ago, cunny1874 said:

Some people at hearts don’t have a clue about football like shouting at him to get wide...take a minute a think maybe the tactics was to stay narrow...had one off his better games work hard..some nice touches..

Exactly, though it took me a while to realise the tactics were keep it narrow. It was the same on the other side with Mulraney and White but fans were very keen to get on Clare’s case. 

5 hours ago, jr ewing said:

And leave them unmarked,it's the Levein way. 

And nothing came from all the space we gave them. Yep the Levein way worked. If Hickey hadn’t made two errors in 30 seconds we probably would have won today. 

Learning curve but his errors have been heavily punished

3 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

People already have their mind made up on him. I personally thought he was very good. Won tackles and headers first half, covered shitloads of ground second. 

He put a wonderful cross in for Uche's chance as well. He done his defensive work and in the second half he was willing to try and turn and run at people which everyone else was scared to do. 

He also tried to loft a ball through to Uche, and the boy behind me accused him of the easy option.  Nonsense. The easy option would be to control it and go wide instead he tried to break the lines. It never came off, but it doesn't make him poor or lazy.

Those with an agenda will find a way, regardless.

I want him to do well. He had a bad patch, he showed flashes, and today he had gold pass marks. I want him to do it consisterly, and I believe he can.

4 hours ago, rick witter said:

He also won us 3 at Easter Road 

Clare didn’t do enough yet again. What he did do going forward was good but he doesn’t get involved anywhere near enough. 

Only two at ER. We had one when he scored 

There is no hope for some people.

7 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

There is no hope for some people.

You're right. There is no hope for some who only seem to be happy when slagging off our own players.

My tongue in cheek comment re. Hickey only shows them up for what they are. 

The comments on this forum about Clare have just been downright disgusting.

15 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Learning curve but his errors have been heavily punished

Absolutely. He will learn from his mistakes and become a better player for it. 

As you know I was simply pointing out the gross hypocrisy of some on here.

7 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Had a poor end to first half and I didn’t want to seem him re-appear for second but he was lively first twenty minutes of first half and thought he battled well and fought to get into the game in second half. Done his bit today and showed some neat touches.

No heart, no bottle........!!

BRAVEHEART1874

If levein told him to back of and let them easily run dwn the right then fair enough. He did deliver a good cross for uche, something we dont see enough of on both wings.

46 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

And nothing came from all the space we gave them. Yep the Levein way worked. If Hickey hadn’t made two errors in 30 seconds we probably would have won today. 

Harsh. 

Dr Ian Malcolm

Clare played well today. Whelan probably had his poorest game since signing. Wasn't bad, just not great. Whelan gets a thread saying how good he was, Clare still gets stick. Judged on reputation rather than actual performance. No wonder the guy's confidence is apparently shot.

It's all very well demanding he does more in games on a regular basis, but when he does perform, it's damned with faint praise at best, and that absolutely smacks of minds being made up regardless.

The point re Hickey is a valid one as well. Yes he's young and deserves a bit of leeway but he's passedthe ball straight out the park under little pressure and then stood ball watching at the resulting corner. If that's anyone else (Clare especially) then they get crucified. I'm not saying Hickey should be but it's one extreme or the other depending on if a player is well liked or not it seems.

Edited by Dr Ian Malcolm

I'm not a fan of Clare's 'yet' and have been critical of him ..but for me today was his best game for us this season. 

8 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Had a poor end to first half and I didn’t want to seem him re-appear for second but he was lively first twenty minutes of first half and thought he battled well and fought to get into the game in second half. Done his bit today and showed some neat touches.

Absolutely this for me. Disappeared a bit when we went a bit deeper as first half wore on but either side of that 20 minute spell, Clare was fine today. I’d take that most weeks if he had an outstanding performance one in every three or four games. Unfortunately adequate is an improvement on the norm. 

8 hours ago, kimosavi said:

He was better today and looked interested 

I'm happy to have a dig when he's poor but i thought he was good today. Like the rest of this team it will mean nothing if we don't start doing it week in week out especially against the smaller sides 

Couldnt put it better. He was excellent today. If there's a dislike or agenda against him today ain't the day for it

8 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Clare was superb today. 

Far too many missing what he does.

Indeed - thousands of Hearts fans Who attend games miss what he does!

Care to share the secret?