Morelos

tian447

1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

The same reason that no player ever gets booked for celebrating and goading fans unless they leave the field of play? 

Got to agree. I don’t think Morelos deserved to get booked for celebration. He didn’t do much wrong in the game apart from his petulant throwing the ball away which he got booked for. 

We kept him mostly quiet which is great from our defenders as he is a very good player. 

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fozzyonthefence

• Riccarton3

• Thomaso

• JFK-1

1 hour ago, OTT said:

Because he plays for the huns. 

Ref books him for dissent then he has to walk when he celebrates by goading the home end.

Side note: There should be zero tolerance for goading opposition fans. Piss poor behaviour. Ridiculous there isn't a hard line taken by the officials on this. 

Like McLean doing it when we scored against Aberdeen??? Same thing no? 

Or Rudi doing it countless times to the Hibs fans. 

It really isn’t something to get worked up about is it? 

6 minutes ago, Morph said:

Yes that’s what I think racism is hilarious. 

Unless someone around him has reported what he said then how can you say that is in any way evidence of racism?

I didn't say it was evidence of that, look again. I said if it was. And if it was unlike you I don't think it's hilarious.

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, rick witter said:

McLean was just mimicking what Cosgrove had done to our fans after scoring one of the penalties. 

Just now, JFK-1 said:

I didn't say it was evidence of that, look again. I said if it was. And if it was unlike you I don't think it's hilarious.

It’s not though. 

Its a guy shouting abuse at a player celebrating right in front of him.  The video caption says “clear racism”. 

24 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

because it's supposed to be professional sport with players treated equally? is it really so hard to understand? 

bookings = suspensions = unavailable to potentially play against Hearts. 

I can't also see the relevance of your second sentence.

Let’s worry about what we do not about what the opposition players do FFS. 

1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

McLean was just mimicking what Cosgrove had done to our fans after scoring one of the penalties. 

Ah that’s fine then. If Cosgrove done it first 👍🏻

1 minute ago, rick witter said:

Let’s worry about what we do not about what the opposition players do FFS. 

I can do both. What a ludicrous argument. 

Just now, Morph said:

It’s not though. 

Its a guy shouting abuse at a player celebrating right in front of him.  The video caption says “clear racism”. 

I didn't label the video and if it isn't and hopefully it isn't the great. But again unlike you i'm not a lip reader. Since you are why not tell us exactly what he is saying.  

Just now, JFK-1 said:

I didn't label the video and if it isn't and hopefully it isn't the great. But again unlike you i'm not a lip reader. Since you are why not tell us exactly what he is saying.  

Its not clear what he’s saying. 

That’s the point. 

2 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

I can do both. What a ludicrous argument. 

It’s not really. Your making excuses to have a go at Morelos when he did nothing in the game apart from throwing the ball away which he got booked for?? 

blah, blah....we've  a ref says 'he's just a bit silly at times'. I mean, what more do people need to wonder what is actually at play here with officialdom like this?

No wonder refs are usually advised to button it else they put their size tens right in it.

Case closed.

2 minutes ago, Morph said:

Its not clear what he’s saying. 

That’s the point. 

Ok. So now we're back to if it is it's unacceptable to me and now you have gone from it isn't to it isn't clear while all along I have consistently said if.

2 minutes ago, rick witter said:

It’s not really. Your making excuses to have a go at Morelos when he did nothing in the game apart from throwing the ball away which he got booked for?? 

It's more than this game, though, isn't it? If we just took this game in isolation, you might have a point. But it's recurring. That's what I read from the OP.

Do you believe he is treated the same as other players? A straight yeah or nay will suffice.

1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

The same reason that no player ever gets booked for celebrating and goading fans unless they leave the field of play? 

funnily enough half time ex hearts player Ryan Stevenson was booked for running up the middle of the pitch to the half way line cupping his ear after scoring in the LC at fester 

3 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Ok. So now we're back to if it is it's unacceptable to me and now you have gone from it isn't to it isn't clear while all along I have consistently said if.

I don’t know what the guy has shouted because it isn’t clear what he has said from the video. 

I said it isn’t evidence of a fan shouting racist abuse, because it’s not.  

What are you on about ifs and buts?  Rangers fans in the comments want the man arrested based on that video.  Do you think he should be arrested for racist shouting based on that video?

2 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

It's more than this game, though, isn't it? If we just took this game in isolation, you might have a point. But it's recurring. That's what I read from the OP.

Do you believe he is treated the same as other players? A straight yeah or nay will suffice.

Last season I would have said No.

This season so far Yes from what I’ve seen of him which isn’t much TBF.  

been here before

BBC reporting the club investigating a claim of racial abuse toward Morelos.

Hearts have opened an investigation after claims that Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos was racially abused in Sunday's Scottish Premiership draw at Tynecastle.

The Colombian was allegedly targeted as he celebrated his equaliser in front of the Hearts support.

Hearts say they will ban any fan found guilty of racism.

"The club is aware of an incident of alleged racism and is currently investigating it," read a statement.

"It goes without saying that Heart of Midlothian Football Club utterly condemns any form of racism and any individuals found guilty of such an offence will face an indefinite ban from Tynecastle Park."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50117848

Edited by been here before

9 minutes ago, Morph said:

I said it isn’t evidence of a fan shouting racist abuse, because it’s not.

No you didn't. This is what you said.

Its a guy shouting abuse at a player celebrating right in front of him. 

Maybe you should get in touch with the club because they're investigating it while you know better.

31 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Yes and he should have been booked. 

I'm not trying to make one rule for one but another for everyone else. Its sometimes enforced other times not. Stevo v Hibs. Cups his ears in the middle of the pitch - booked. Brown/ Morelos right up at the FAMILY stand winding them up. Nothing. 

46 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

The FIRST two sentences in Tian's original post - they're what relevant - christ, the winding up of fans is a drop in the ocean. 

His treatment differs, as a whole because HE PLAYS FOR RANGERS

He got booked for his antics. Which was fair, didn’t think he did anything in particular to warrant being sent off. 

2 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

No you didn't. This is what you said.

Maybe you should get in touch with the club because they're investigating it while you know better.

I don’t know better, again that is the point. 

By your logic the club would be better of getting in touch with the angry huns on twitter who want him jailed for ‘clear racist abuse’ who seem to know exactly what he was shouting from that video. 

Let’s get all fans who shout anything at players arrested and banned regardless of lack of proof, just on the off chance what they have shouted is racist 👍

Governor Tarkin
46 minutes ago, Morph said:

Unless someone around him has reported what he said then how can you say that is in any way evidence of racism?

Trial by the perennially offended of Kickback.

38 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

And if it was unlike you I don't think it's hilarious.

Your ability to miss the point is pretty hilarious tbh. 

2 minutes ago, Morph said:

Let’s get all fans who shout anything at players arrested and banned regardless of lack of proof, just on the off chance what they have shouted is racist 👍

You might be laughing now...

Governor Tarkin
Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

No Ann will be doing that.

She'll be too busy stealing the club.

2 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

What do people claiming racism think he's saying specifically? 

Dirty black ******* apparently but hey it's nothing to be perennially offended about right? Thing is I doubt the vast majority of civil people will think that.

Edited by JFK-1

What has to be appreciated here is that if this does indeed prove to be racism  then what you will get is people in general and the media too looking into forums like this to get the reaction.

And what they're going to see is so far no mention of how unacceptable that is if it's true but rather comments of 'just a guy shouting abuse' and comments about the perennially offended.

19 minutes ago, farin said:

Will they employ a lip reader ?. 

Not to divert away from the topic  but that woman taking a photo of rangers celebrating, get your self to **** hen!

2 hours ago, tian447 said:

How is this wee dick allowed to get away with the things he does, game after game after game? 

Throwing himself down at the slightest bit of contact, shouting and moaning at the referee, and just blatently cheating his way through 90 minutes.

How did he not get a booking for celebrating right into the home fans, and deliberately winding our supporters up?

I would pay good money to watch Uche absolutely break him. 

It's ****** ridiculous what that prick gets away with. ☹️

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

What has to be appreciated here is that if this does indeed prove to be racism  then what you will get is people in general and the media too looking into forums like this to get the reaction.

And what they're going to see is so far no mention of how unacceptable that is if it's true but rather comments of 'just a guy shouting abuse' and comments about the perennially offended.

Start a thread about racism out.

JennytheJambo

A number of players I have been seen celebrating in front of the opposition fans but the fact that Morelos continued his celebrations with various gestures was totally out of order, which he could have incited trouble. He should have been booked but the usual gets away with it.

Fozzyonthefence
17 minutes ago, JennytheJambo said:

A number of players I have been seen celebrating in front of the opposition fans but the fact that Morelos continued his celebrations with various gestures was totally out of order, which he could have incited trouble. He should have been booked but the usual gets away with it.

Didn’t he do the same last season too?

On the alleged racism, is this based on that video or from witness reports around him?

Whatever happened with the alleged racist incident v Motherwell last season by the way?  Were the guys cleared or case not heard yet?

27 minutes ago, JennytheJambo said:

Clancy is seen strolling in the background. When you know a player has previous, you get across pronto and usher them away from opposing fans. His inaction is depressing but unsurprising.

1 hour ago, JennytheJambo said:

Well it kinda did now the clubs having to investigate an alleged racist incident. 

Morelos doesn't choose to wind up the opposing fans he doesn't get abused. Its really that simple. It doesn't excuse any abuse but its not like he was walking over to grab the ball for a throw in. He purposefully set out to goad our fans and got a reaction. 

Also, as from what we've seen we can't catch the end part of the sentence, so theres no way of knowing (presently) if there was racist abuse or just regular.. abuse ( :D

I think the authorities need to gather the referees and enforce a hardline on goading opposition fans. 

3 hours ago, Boof said:

Ryan Stevenson after his League Cup screamer at the Shitehole. Nearly the middle of the park and in the book for the most fleeting of ear-cups.

Pinilla up at Aberdeen

3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Pinilla up at Aberdeen

Jamie walker v hibs in the championship. Literally just looked at the hibs fans while running towards the hearts fans and got booked. 

williamgerrard

Sorry but i know the person involved and wasnt any racist comments made
But on a side  note  see morelos hes a complete tosser everytime he scores against us he gestures to hearts fans hope one day someone  breaks the ***** legs on or off the pitch seen as the sfa cant deal with him

alwaysthereinspirit

This thread could be started after every Newco game. A more nasty wee cheating coward we haven’t had in a while in Scottish football. Enabled by both club and association. 

Racism allegations sound like Fatty Traynor or someone else at Uglybox Stadium inventing a victim card to draw attention away from him goading opposition fans.

No doubt he got abuse, along the lines of 'Sir, kindly desist from celebrating in front of opposing enthusiasts as it is not cricket and may get you into trouble with the magistrate,' or some shorter, pithier synonym.

Racism? I'll believe it when it's proved in court.

But the British Club know that mud sticks.

Fozzyonthefence

Just watched Sportscene  - Morelos, after scoring, initially turns to head towards the half way line to celebrate.  Then, inexplicably, changes his mind, turns and makes a deliberate bee line for the Hearts fans in the Gorgie Stand with a provocative celebration in front of them.  No wonder fans were going mental at him, he’s an absolute prick, but how the hell does Clancy not book him for it?