Wimbledon Prize Money

Romanov Stole My Pension

Romanov Stole My Pension

I remember a while back there were calls for women to recieve the same prizemoney as men, although i didn't think they actually went through with this. I just checked their website and both the male and female winners recieve ?750,000.

Surely that's the biggest load of ****e ever. Male tennis is of far superior standard and the men spend far longer on the court, i'd bet the attendances are far better for men too.

Surely this is the opposite of equality:confused:

Ray Winstone
I remember a while back there were calls for women to recieve the same prizemoney as men, although i didn't think they actually went through with this. I just checked their website and both the male and female winners recieve ?750,000.

Surely that's the biggest load of ****e ever. Male tennis is of far superior standard and the men spend far longer on the court, i'd bet the attendances are far better for men too.

Surely this is the opposite of equality:confused:

Actually - if you watch it - Woman's tennis is far better to watch in so many ways than mens tennis.

John Findlay

This is simple. Same money for the same job. So when women's tennis is the first one to win three sets then they get the same money. Or ditch both mens and womens singles and they just play each other, with first one to win three sets declared the winner. That to me is equality.

John

Gavsy Van Gaverson

If women played best of 5 sets they would deserve equal money. As they don't, they shouldn't.

If women played best of 5 sets they would deserve equal money. As they don't they shouldn't.

Exactly! They play less sets therefore deserve less money. It's pretty simple

If women played best of 5 sets they would deserve equal money. As they don't, they shouldn't.

Spot on.

And if they can't, then it just proves men are better than women :)

coppercrutch

Women don't want equal rights.

The reason is they would lose far too much if they ever got TRULY equal rights in everything. They want to have their cake and eat it. Make up your minds women !!

scott_jambo
Actually - if you watch it - Woman's tennis is far better to watch in so many ways than mens tennis.

Bigger myth than the Hobo's flair myth.

Womens tennis is like watching paint dry, back and forth back and forth, yawn!

John Findlay
Women don't want equal rights.

The reason is they would lose far too much if they ever got TRULY equal rights in everything. They want to have their cake and eat it. Make up your minds women !!

I have to say it has been my personal experience that women want equality when it benefits them but are aghast when it means they get the rough end of the stick. It's all or nothing ladies.

John

I P Knightley

This thread is about as one-sided as the vast majority of wummin's tennis matches.

No disagreement from me except about the bit where Tucks claaimed there to be more than one watchable element of burds' tennis.

Men's tennis is a higher standard, is longer, and has more fans watchin it

Women's tennis has Ivanovic, Sharapova, Kirilenko and Hantuchova

I think equal prize money would be fair, if the women's comps automatically went to the semi finals with only the four mentioned above included!!! ;)

Ron Burgundy
This is simple. Same money for the same job. So when women's tennis is the first one to win three sets then they get the same money. Or ditch both mens and womens singles and they just play each other, with first one to win three sets declared the winner. That to me is equality.

John

Exactly,lump them all in together then see how well they do.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
I have to say it has been my personal experience that women want equality when it benefits them but are aghast when it means they get the rough end of the stick. It's all or nothing ladies.

John

That is exactly spot on.

The main people who suffer are the second and third tier mens players.

Superior to the womans players but recieve less prize money.

Bindy Badgy

Women's sport in general is **** poor.

I used to do judo at reasonable level (I was in the British under 20 team for a year) and I reckon that I would of been able beat the vast majority of female World and Olympic medalists. Put me up against a bloke of that standard and I would get my head kicked in.

Obviously strength and speed come into it but there is also a lack of competition in women's sport which in turn breeds complacency as they do not have to work anywhere near as hard as men do to reach the top level. You see far more sets won 6-0/6-1 in women's tennis as the strength in depth is not there.

It's the biggest p*ss take the world has ever seen

Anyone who knows me will know that I am the CEO of the women's appreciation society. However I know what they are and I know what they are not.

Women are in no way and with any exception as good as men at sport. The best female tennis player would not even be top 1000 in the world's male rankings.

There is no sport in the entire world that women are better than men and should be treated equally too.

And before anyone uses the "men are naturally stronger" argument, although very true it does not wash with me.

Bowls, darts, snooker, pool, horseriding, motor racing (although a physical demanding sport) are examples of sports where men and women should be on level pegging.

Well the truth is women are garbage at all the above. the best female darts player would get laughed off stage in the men's tournaments (although could fetch the darts once thrown and bring the men beer)

In no way shape or form do females deserve equal pay when it comes to sport.

It is just them and their insecure pathetic female ways trying to take everything that men have away from us.

The male game is where tennis makes it's money through sponsorship etc, noone gives a flying fig about the birds game aprt from to perv over.

women need to get over it and get back to what they are good at........cooking..........no wait even men are the better chefs!

No way it would just be 5 sets of complete dross

when women can beat the men at tennis then they should deeserve equal pay.

And I think we all know that will NEVER happen

I was in Candy Bar on friday night and some stoopid wench south African hoos bag kept slapping me in the face (jokingly) after about 10 times it got so annoying I had a word with her. she then started kicking me and my mates.

Now this Ho only done this as she knew that me being a guy I was never going to hit her back

Now in a parrallel universe with equal rights

Female keeps hitting me, i then smack her full force slap bang in the puss.

women would be absolutely screwed BIG TIME if they ever got equal rights. They would also have to start buying their own drinks

how you like em apples miss Pankhurst!

Women's sport in general is **** poor.

I used to do judo at reasonable level (I was in the British under 20 team for a year) and I reckon that I would of been able beat the vast majority of female World and Olympic medalists. Put me up against a bloke of that standard and I would get my head kicked in.

Obviously strength and speed come into it but there is also a lack of competition in women's sport which in turn breeds complacency as they do not have to work anywhere near as hard as men do to reach the top level. You see far more sets won 6-0/6-1 in women's tennis as the strength in depth is not there.

I have never ever attempted Judo and I can assure you I would beat the world and olympic female judo champ

I have never ever attempted Judo and I can assure you I would beat the world and olympic female judo champ

I'd friggin love to see that as you'd get your head to play with.

Have you got something wrong with you btw? Serious question there, reading your posts on this thread and the music festivals one, just seems like you're not all there. I hope for your sake you're just drunk.

The only sport where women should be paid more than men is mud wrestling. But then, men should be banned from mud wrestling - unless it is me and I am allowed to enter the ladies tournament.

Ok, I might have got carried away there! :rolleyes:

John

You are spot on there. I would wager that they would complain about that too. Something about the men hitting the wee ball too hard for them.

I

Women are in no way and with any exception as good as men at sport. The best female tennis player would not even be top 1000 in the world's male rankings.

Even mud wrestling? :sad:

Even mud wrestling? :sad:

They are better to look at but let's be honest hopeless

I'd friggin love to see that as you'd get your head to play with.

Have you got something wrong with you btw? Serious question there, reading your posts on this thread and the music festivals one, just seems like you're not all there. I hope for your sake you're just drunk.

Er have you only just notices?

I've been deemed special needs on here for years ;)

Chad Sexington

Women champions receiving the same money for a procession of easy 6-1 6-2 victories, as opposed to the graft a mens champion has to put in, is a disgrace.

Most womens matches are a one sided joke. Half the time they are barely on court for an hour.

The men have had a raw deal on this one alright.

jack D and coke

Aye righto then mate. They pap the ball back and forward and until one of them duffs it into the net cos they're out of breath. The lowest ranked man on the tour would win the women's event. Equality gone mad. Let them play each other and women wouldn't be able to make a living out of the game cos they'd win jack sh*t! You wouldn't mind if there was some lookers but jesus there's some grunter women tennis players and i have to turn over if sharapova is playing. The noise she makes is beyond a joke.

deesidejambo
Aye righto then mate. They pap the ball back and forward and until one of them duffs it into the net cos they're out of breath. The lowest ranked man on the tour would win the women's event. Equality gone mad. Let them play each other and women wouldn't be able to make a living out of the game cos they'd win jack sh*t! You wouldn't mind if there was some lookers but jesus there's some grunter women tennis players and i have to turn over if sharapova is playing. The noise she makes is beyond a joke.

So what? I'd rather watch Sharapova v's Hanchokova than Federer v's Nadal. For various reasons.

Serena Willaims had a gruelling 51 minute quarter final. Can definitely see why equal prize money is now allocated.

jambojamie

turn it on mute then in just watch her :P;)

tommythejambo
Murrays match last night proved why mens tennis is miles better.

All male sports are miles better.

FFS women even have their own darts and poker leagues!!!

I don't think women should play with men at any sport (they'd get *****ing destroyed!!!) but at the same time I don't think that they should get teh same prize money.

How long have we heard that men get paid more for doing the same job as women, they sure as hell don't in tennis. Thus adding to the evidence that it is a Tam Kite sport.

Archived