Bonnyrigg Rose vs Buckie Thistle - Tonight @ 7:05

jumpship

letsalldothebeattie
3 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Attendance 1,693

They will be pleased with that they wanted to top Kelty v Auchinleck from last round and have by 60

Maroon Sailor
10 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Or betting on his own team to get beat week in week out

Or for homophobic tweets

Footballfirst

I'm just back from the game. I though the first half was poor, with Buckie looking the more threatening side. Once Bonnyrigg got the opening goal I couldn't see them losing and in the end they saw the game out comfortably.

It's difficult not to make comparisons between Bonnyrigg and Kelty, given what they have done in recent seasons.  Kelty probably carries a bigger threat going forward, but Bonnyrigg has a better defensive shape.  It should be a good match up when they come up against one another next month.

For Bonnyrigg, they would have gone into this season hoping for a top 4 finish. Given how they are playing, they could easily win the league and progress to the 4th Round of the Scottish Cup, with a good 3rd round draw.

Off to Penicuik v Stenhousemuir for me tomorrow.  I think the home side will struggle to get anything from that one.  

Edited by Footballfirst

Maroon Sailor
4 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I'm just back from the game. I though the first half was poor, with Buckie looking the more threatening side. Once Bonnyrigg got the opening goal I couldn't see them losing and in the end they saw the game out comfortably.

It's difficult not to make comparisons between Bonnyrigg and Kelty, given what they have done in recent seasons.  Kelty probably carries a bigger threat going forward, but Bonnyrigg has a better defensive shape.  It should be a good match up when they come up against one another next month.

For Bonnyrigg, they would have gone into this season hoping for a top 4 finish. Given how they are playing, they could easily win the league and progress to the 4th Round of the Scottish Cup, with a good 3rd round draw.

Off to Penicuik v Stenhousemuir for me tomorrow.  I think the home side will struggle to get anything from that one.  

Have you got a ticket for Penicuik ?

If not best get there early as numbers will be restricted through the cash gates by all accounts

Footballfirst
Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

Have you got a ticket for Penicuik ?

If not best get there early as numbers will be restricted through the cash gates by all accounts

Yes. I picked one up earlier this week.

Maroon Sailor
Just now, Footballfirst said:

Yes. I picked one up earlier this week.

👍

Don't think I'll chance it so probably Ainslie Park for me

Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

👍

Don't think I'll chance it so probably Ainslie Park for me

I was talking to a CSS supporter at tonight's game and he is heading for Ainslie Park too. Spartans might have a wee chance given that Queen's Park haven't been going that great.

Just back in and bonnyrigg was bouncing tonight. Being born and bred in bonnyrigg really enjoyed it tonight.

Pint into the ground and good atmosphere under the lights. Bonnyrigg if they can get into the league have bags of potential. The whole set up and infrastructure is there.

Great result tonight.

First game in a while I've really enjoyed. Winning helps....

Young team made some noise tonight, but after the game the amount of Bucky bottles left was crazy, how they managed to walk out the ground? 

Plus the steal barrier pushed over in their area, still attached to the concrete blocks.. 😳

The game was great, second goal was great run and finish..

31 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I was talking to a CSS supporter at tonight's game and he is heading for Ainslie Park too. Spartans might have a wee chance given that Queen's Park haven't been going that great.

Did Spartans play Queen's Park quite a few years ago and beat them at there old ground City Park in a Scottish Cup tie

Edited by j1964m

Footballfirst
4 minutes ago, j1964m said:

Did Spartans play Queen's Park quite a few years ago and beat them at there old ground City Park in a Scottish Cup tie

Yes. Beat them 3-2 in 2006.

I'm taking in the Spartans v Queens Park game tomorrow as A. My boy is in the Spartans Academy and it's only a 10 minutes walk from my flat.

Despite the rain making for difficult conditions, thoroughly enjoyed last night's game. Not sure how it came across on TV but great to see NDP so packed. Oh what I'd give to see the kind of 🌹performance from Hearts again. Well managed/organised, a battling team spirit, defending well and taking their chances. 

9 hours ago, Smack said:

Had a sneaky tenner on them against that shinty team 😁

Buckie - shinty? Buckie's in Banffshire, not the western Highlands, Smack. 😁

Footballfirst

I think there could be a few postponements after the overnight rain, Certainly games at Stirling Albion, Peincuik and Cowdenbeath could be at risk.

Maroon Sailor
2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:
MATCH OFF

We are incredibly disappointed to confirm today's William Hill @ScottishCup tie against @StenhousemuirFC is OFF due to heavy continuous rain overnight. The fixture is scheduled to be played next Saturday.

Was thinking it would be in doubt. Rain was heavy last night.

No such concerns with Ainslie Park

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

You then 😃

I said famous. I couldn’t make the match unfortunately.  Graham Clark with the maroon tammy. 

4 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I said famous. I couldn’t make the match unfortunately.  Graham Clark with the maroon tammy. 

Bonnyrigg's a Hearts Toon,

unfortunately theres a skid-mark of hibs, celtic and savco fans as well... 

Maroon Sailor
2 hours ago, jumpship said:

Bonnyrigg's a Hearts Toon,

unfortunately theres a skid-mark of hibs, celtic and savco fans as well... 

Many of their players Jambos ?

Kerr Young is a definite looking at his Twitter 

lost in leith

Decent game at City Park last night - Banks'O'Dee better than I expected and had a really good spell in the second half.  The legend that is Jim Jefferies was there and looking well considering it was just over a month ago that he had his heart attack.

Footballfirst

Well done to Linlithgow for their 2-0 win against the Lowland League side University of Stirling at Forthbank today.

Would be great to see a "battle of the roses" in the 3rd round when the draw is made on Sportscene this evening.

55 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Well done to Linlithgow for their 2-0 win against the Lowland League side University of Stirling at Forthbank today.

Would be great to see a "battle of the roses" in the 3rd round when the draw is made on Sportscene this evening.

Had hoped to get along to forthbank for Linlithgow rose v Stirling uni but was just too tight timewise

hopefully, Bonnyrigg, Edinburgh City and Linlithgow (and Penicuik) get favourable but good draws in the draw