• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Don Dan

• Bazzas right boot

• jake

• shaun.lawson

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Whisper it, but there's an element of dark comedy in all this. England fans as the innocent party suddenly on the moral high ground, I mean.

Around the world, plenty of people will say "but what about their fans in Prague on Friday? Where's the punishment for them?" And in some respects, they'd have a point. It'll certainly be seen by some as colonialist, always hypocritical England demanding the world dance to our tune while ignoring all our own problems.

Those wankers in Prague? They're a product of our society. These people don't only exist at football matches. Those hooded members of the local brains trust tonight? They're a product of Bulgarian society. Sectarian bigots who follow the Old Firm? A product of Scottish society. Racist ultras? A product of Italian society. And so on, and so on, and so on.

But the problem here is it's gonna end up in a points-scoring exercise: England slapping ourselves on the back, congratulating ourselves over our lack of racism and pointing fingers at others. Given The Sun's disgustingly racist treatment of Raheem Sterling, the Mail's equally racist treatment of Meghan Markle, the huge rise in racist hate crimes since the Brexit referendum, that millions of people continue to buy racist hate rags, and a racist government implementing racist policies each and every day, I beg to differ.

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/oct/14/england-racism-euro-qualifiers-barney-ronay?CMP=share_btn_tw&__twitter_impression=true

The pace England have up front is truly top class..not quite the same at the back in terms of class

In the modern game pace is so vital if used correctly

3 minutes ago, jake said:

2 wars 66 is quite catchy

"He's one of our own, he's one of our own, Raheem Sterling, he's one of our own", a lot more so.

"You know what you are, you know what you are, you racist *******s, you know what you are" made me smile.

3 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

"He's one of our own, he's one of our own, Raheem Sterling, he's one of our own", a lot more so.

"You know what you are, you know what you are, you racist *******s, you know what you are" made me smile.

I was being serious about liking it but lighthearted at the same time bud.

But yes I heard those as well.

Not as catchy that's all.

🙂

Must admit I like watching England when they are in full flow like tonight. It’s exciting to watch. They could have scored 10 tonight with better finishing. 

Looking forward to watching them against the better teams in the Euros. 

Just now, Baxfee said:

Weird to think it’s 6-0 and one of the most boring games ever witnessed

Watching England attacking isn’t boring. They have played some great football. 

16 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Anyway the two dont need to be mutually exclusive.

53 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Hristro Stoichkov And Yordan Letchkov were the two standouts and they two alone could pretty much carry Bulgaria back in the day.

Balakov was a good player too, scored a peach of a free kick against us for Stuttgart from what I remember. :(

1 hour ago, Barack said:

When was that? Only remember Stoichkov being class. 

Can't say they've ever made me want them to win a World Cup.

They had a bald winger called letchkov, kostadinov up front and a keeper with a dodgy wig😂, letchkov scored an amazing diving header v Germany, on way to semis of 94 world cup.

56 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye, but they won't just sit back and watch us. 

They have done nothing at all. 

Just jogging about. 

I'd fancy us v them, but it would be close. 😭

True but even technically, they are gash. 

3 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Balakov was a good player too, scored a peach of a free kick against us for Stuttgart from what I remember. :(

Aye, I thought it was the same boy. Shame he’s a shit manager.

1 hour ago, Barack said:

I'm old enough sadly to remember '94 well enough.

Just didn't blow me away, that it stuck in my mind as to how good (or fortunate) they were. Only other I remembered, was Ivanov. Who looked like a lunatic that had lived in a cave most of his life.

Pub quiz favourite - Who was the first person to miss a penalty in USA ‘94?

Diana Ross.

All roads lead to Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Tough to watch the racist clips there

I know it is like time stopped in the 1970's. Obviously a Neo Nazi group involved there, utter scumbags!

2 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Tough to watch the racist clips there

Very. 

Great to see the England players actual

stand up to it. Also good to hear from the FA straight after it. Pissing in the wind tho with UEFA, as you seen with their explanation of them not acting on the chants in the 2nd half. 

Let’s also hope the FA start to take proper action against the racist abuse dished out to

the numerous black players across the EPL week in week out. 

Bazzas right boot
52 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

They do look a bit like hibs, you could be right.

Thier fans acted in the same way as well. 

🙄

2 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Very. 

Great to see the England players actual

stand up to it. Also good to hear from the FA straight after it. Pissing in the wind tho with UEFA, as you seen with their explanation of them not acting on the chants in the 2nd half. 

Let’s also hope the FA start to take proper action against the racist abuse dished out to

the numerous black players across the EPL week in week out. 

Refusing to comment as well

5 minutes ago, benny said:

Did Aberdeen not sign a Bulgarian player after that tournament.

Blonde hair.

2 or 3 I think. Kiryakov(ginger guy)and Tsvetanov(sp?) for sure. Think there may have been another aswell though..

Spent a fortune on them aswell IIRC.

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, Barack said:

I'm old enough sadly to remember '94 well enough.

Just didn't blow me away, that it stuck in my mind as to how good (or fortunate) they were. Only other I remembered, was Ivanov. Who looked like a lunatic that had lived in a cave most of his life.

Aberdeen had an internationalist in their side for a couple of years - Kiryakov. He loved a foul throw. Looked a bit like Strachan with a tache! 

Their current manager scored against us for Stuttgart. 

Todorov was a decent player and more recently, Berbatov was different class. 

I recall their keeper from the 94 World Cup used to wear a wig! 😄 

Bazzas right boot
59 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

It was only Sterling.  He’s their best player.  Not everything has to be jumped upon as racist.

They are obviously racist backward *******s but I thought they booed him at first because he was the dangerman.  Mings and Rashford got no treatment at all. 

Rashford got booed. 

The chants were quite clearly racist. 

Not even debating it. 

31 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Watching England attacking isn’t boring. They have played some great football. 

Bulgaria stood around and watched and not much else. Hence the boredom

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Thier fans acted in the same way as well. 

🙄

If any of the Bulgarian players have been done with stalking then we have the full hibs set.  Is Leith twinned with anywhere in Bulgaria? 

1 hour ago, shaun.lawson said:

Utterly dreadful. Of the seven knockout matches, four went to penalties. Of those four, France-Holland and France-Czech Republic were amongst the worst games ever seen; England-Spain was pretty crap too, and Spain were completely robbed by disgraceful decisions. The final ended in pure anticlimax too. Only England-Germany redeemed things at all.

The introduction of the golden goal was supposed to make extra time more exciting. Instead, in every game except England-Germany, it made it worse, with both sides too terrified to try anything at all. And I swear only a couple of sides were even interested in winning the thing. Sacchi destroyed Italy through his own hubris; Portugal and Croatia were hyped up as dark horses but neither did very much; Spain were too defensive, France just couldn't be arsed and still made the semis regardless... and Holland collapsed like blancmange. After the weirdest 4-1 ever, in which the Dutch totally dominated the first half.

pretty much how I remember it. Was at the France Czech semi game and it was brutal. I was also at the Final which was decent as was Croatia against Germany in the quarters. Think Croatia would have won that one had they not had a player sent off just before the German's winner. Not surprised to see them reach the WC semis 2 years later. 

Edited by maroonsgotop

millerjames398
3 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Semi finalists USA 94. Beating Germany Klinsmann and all in the quarters.

They had a good team in 94, the bald winger letchkov scored a great divin header v the germans if i mind right, emil kostadinov up front, and a keeper with a howler of a syrup and fig in the goals😂🇱🇻

Governor Tarkin
3 hours ago, Bauld said:

Obviously my preference before kick off was to see England suffer humiliation. 

But as soon as the racism started I hope England absolutely fillet them in double figures. 

This.

millerjames398
2 hours ago, FWJ said:

Pub quiz favourite - Who was the first person to miss a penalty in USA ‘94?

Diana Ross.

With erect raspberry ripples, if i remember correct😂

1 hour ago, benny said:

Bulgaria  manager never heard any racist abuse.

He's part of the problem. I can only assume he says stuff like this because he wants to see his wife and kids again. That's usually why domestic footballing authorities do nothing.

Edited by shaun.lawson

1 hour ago, shaun.lawson said:

He's part of the problem. I can only assume he says stuff like this because he wants to see his wife and kids again. That's usually why domestic footballing authorities do nothing.

Our OF managers hear nothing, also.

Your team is just absolutley horsed, best not to start slagging off the fans. 

Press would have field day with him.

It's up to the Bulgarian authorities and FA to condemn the behaviour and implement a clean up action.

Whilst in no way condoning racism

Nowadays if you boo a black player its racism,if you boo a catholic player its sectarian

If you boo a white protestant player,well it's just a boo

15 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

Nowadays if you boo a black player its racism,if you boo a catholic player its sectarian

They were making monkey noises. I could hear it on the tele 1st half everytime Mings got the ball. 2nd half the Bulgarian broadcaster turned the mics down. 

32 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

Ping back to an evening Edinburgh derby at Tyney.

Hibs player rakes his studs down Hearts player's leg. He gets booed constantly after.

Hearts player never really recovered and our CEO decides to call us racists.

10 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

They were making monkey noises. I could hear it on the tele 1st half everytime Mings got the ball. 2nd half the Bulgarian broadcaster turned the mics down. 

Didnt watch the game so cant comment although agree its racist. My comment was a general observation

42 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Ping back to an evening Edinburgh derby at Tyney.

Hibs player rakes his studs down Hearts player's leg. He gets booed constantly after.

Hearts player never really recovered and our CEO decides to call us racists.

Do you mean our headmistress

12 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

That's just not the case. Mings was abused and clearly asked the linesman 'Did you hear that ?'. The message got to Southgate who complained to the official. They showed this during halftime. 

Utter scumbags and England dishing out a hiding which is most pleasing. 

Yeah seen that after I posted. 👍

fabienleclerq
2 hours ago, Sherbet said:

Behave, they were making monkey noises.

The Bulgarian boss doesn't want his family targeted so I'd imagine that explains his temporary hearing issues. Much like everyone in the authorities in Scotland every week. 

2 hours ago, Sherbet said:

Do supporters actually know the religion of players they boo? 🤷🏼‍♂️

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Do supporters actually know the religion of players they boo? 🤷🏼‍♂️

The crossing of themselves as they leave the tunnel does tend to give it away.