Bulgaria

jake

Captain Lithuania

Never in my life have I wanted England to win a game/hand out a doing before now. But it’s happening and it’s delightful. 

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Don Dan

• Bazzas right boot

• jake

• shaun.lawson

Top Posters In This Topic

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Arnaud Djoum said:

Never in my life have I wanted England to win a game/hand out a doing before now. But it’s happening and it’s delightful. 

I found myself wanting them to beat Colombia as well. 

They were dirty, cheating so-so's. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Ibrahim Tall said:

Bit late for it but I hope Bulgaria get ****ed by about 8 here, racist scumbags.

It's a possibility at this rate. 

1 minute ago, stan said:

I'm not defending anything. Someone asked if it was for booing and you over reacted imo. Just celebrate Sterlings riposte.

I have answered CJGJ it seem strange that this was for booing. 

1 minute ago, Barack said:

When was that? Only remember Stoichkov being class. 

Can't say they've ever made me want them to win a World Cup.

Semi finalists USA 94. Beating Germany Klinsmann and all in the quarters.

8 minutes ago, jamboy1982 said:

I’d boo sterling too. Cheating diving git. Nothing to do with his colour 

At least give him the chance to dive before booing him.

Racists *******s are getting pumped. Can’t grudge England this win. 

Bulgaria are utter dross, I think even Scotland would take 5 of them. England aren’t having to do anything special to score because it’s sooo easy for them. You simply cannot allow players at that level to have so much time on the ball.

2 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Bit late for it but I hope Bulgaria get ****ed by about 8 here, racist scumbags.

They could take 8 in the 2nd half! They might just do it as well after that disgrace.

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Made the semi final of the 94 World Cup. Had a pretty decent team, of course Stoichkov was the star tho

15 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

I think there is a fair chance the players are hearing monkey noises as well as boos

idiots can’t help themselves. 

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

Cannot remember his name but the badly boy was class as well.

1 minute ago, Barack said:

'94 of course. A tournament for which they miraculously qualified in the very last minute by knocking out France, then beat Argentina and Germany. The latter described by 90 MINUTES as "a triumph for deformity over efficiency".

Yet they were so mercurial, they started the finals losing 3-0... and ended them losing 4-0, after a third place match in which Stoichkov, desperate for the golden boot, refused to pass to anyone at any point. Old Hristo was a right cynical so and so; only Bobby Robson ever seemed to bring out someone better in him.

Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

Racists *******s are getting pumped. Can’t grudge England this win. 

Bulgaria are utter dross, I think even Scotland would take 5 of them. England aren’t having to do anything special to score because it’s sooo easy for them. You simply cannot allow players at that level to have so much time on the ball.

I think with the Nations League play offs we may get that chance.

1 minute ago, Dannie Boy said:

I have answered CJGJ it seem strange that this was for booing. 

Sorry but the booing was racist..it was aimed at one player ..Sterling

1 minute ago, benny said:

At least give him the chance to dive before booing him.

When it comes to sterling folk are happy to invent things he's done wrong and abuse him for it. Did you know he's got 10 kids to 9 different mothers? 

1 minute ago, benny said:

Cannot remember his name but the badly boy was class as well.

Hristro Stoichkov And Yordan Letchkov were the two standouts and they two alone could pretty much carry Bulgaria back in the day.

It is easy to say England should just walk off but there’s a while raft of legal issues that would go with that.

There’s millions of pounds at stake here and all these things will have to be proved by FIFA against Bulgaria.

That’s why you must adhere to referee’s decisions.

Another serious incident is the death of an English fan who was being taken into custody and is now dead..it stinks to be honest if you read the statement below.

Meanwhile, a statement on Bulgaria's Ministry of Interior said police officers in Sofia were called to help a 32-year-old "foreign national" at about 10:00 local time (08:00 BST).

"The police received a signal for a man in a helpless condition", it said, and he was taken to hospital.

"He suddenly began to act aggressively, raging and threatening."

The ministry said the man died while being taken to the Sofia Police Department and "work to clarify the circumstances of the incident continues".

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Hopefully. They are beyond awful. 

Aye, but they won't just sit back and watch us. 

They have done nothing at all. 

Just jogging about. 

I'd fancy us v them, but it would be close. 😭

1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

Sorry but the booing was racist..it was aimed at one player ..Sterling

so any booing is now classed as racist. Behave. 

Just now, Dannie Boy said:

Just seem a shot of the racist mob and you can from that shot see they are giving it the monkey noises.

A right feral bunch amusing each other. Clearly was a lot more going on than booing Sterling.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

It is easy to say England should just walk off but there’s a while raft of legal issues that would go with that.

There’s millions of pounds at stake here and all these things will have to be proved by FIFA against Bulgaria.

That’s why you must adhere to referee’s decisions.

Mm

Think the new protocol changes that. 

England can decide to walk off after following the 3 steps. 

2nd step has been completed. 

It's the new rules. 

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

I'm old enough sadly to remember '94 well enough.

Just didn't blow me away, that it stuck in my mind as to how good (or fortunate) they were. Only other I remembered, was Ivanov. Who looked like a lunatic that had lived in a cave most of his life.

Letchkov was a very good player. Scored the winning header against the Germans

Whisper it, but there's an element of dark comedy in all this. England fans as the innocent party suddenly on the moral high ground, I mean.

Around the world, plenty of people will say "but what about their fans in Prague on Friday? Where's the punishment for them?" And in some respects, they'd have a point. It'll certainly be seen by some as colonialist, always hypocritical England demanding the world dance to our tune while ignoring all our own problems.

Those wankers in Prague? They're a product of our society. These people don't only exist at football matches. Those hooded members of the local brains trust tonight? They're a product of Bulgarian society. Sectarian bigots who follow the Old Firm? A product of Scottish society. Racist ultras? A product of Italian society. And so on, and so on, and so on.

But the problem here is it's gonna end up in a points-scoring exercise: England slapping ourselves on the back, congratulating ourselves over our lack of racism and pointing fingers at others. Given The Sun's disgustingly racist treatment of Raheem Sterling, the Mail's equally racist treatment of Meghan Markle, the huge rise in racist hate crimes since the Brexit referendum, that millions of people continue to buy racist hate rags, and a racist government implementing racist policies each and every day, I beg to differ.

6 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Lechkov, the baldy midfielder, was a revelation. If Hagi had been Bulgarian, they'd have won the Cup.

Just now, stan said:

A right feral bunch amusing each other. Clearly was a lot more going on than booing Sterling.

That is very obvious now. Bulgaria should be banned from future tournaments until they sort out their supporters. 

5 minutes ago, Barack said:

I'm old enough sadly to remember '94 well enough.

Just didn't blow me away, that it stuck in my mind as to how good (or fortunate) they were. Only other I remembered, was Ivanov. Who looked like a lunatic that had lived in a cave most of his life.

Sure. They were certainly... um... opportunistic. Romania, who went out earlier, were a much better side overall.

2 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Sure. They were certainly... um... opportunistic. Romania, who went out earlier, were a much better side overall.

Argentina v Romania in that tournament is one of the best games I’ve ever watched 

1 minute ago, jamboy1982 said:

Argentina v Romania in that tournament is one of the best games I’ve ever watched 

Yes. Fantastic! Batistuta on fire for the losing side. And Romania losing on penalties to Sweden was awful for the tournament. Sweden barely got out of their own half v Brazil; Romania would've gone for it.

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I went to see Bulgaria v Romania in Euro 96. Game was dull as dishwater but a great day out in the pubs. . 

Euro 96 was dull as dishwater. Most overrated tournament in the history of anything. Plenty of half-empty grounds too. 

37 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye, at black players only... 

Ffs. 

It was only Sterling.  He’s their best player.  Not everything has to be jumped upon as racist.

They are obviously racist backward *******s but I thought they booed him at first because he was the dangerman.  Mings and Rashford got no treatment at all. 

Edited by Last Laff

4 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Euro 96 was dull as dishwater. Most overrated tournament in the history of anything. Plenty of half-empty grounds too. 

Euro 96 was class. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Bulgaria are honking. 

I reckon Hearts would take them. 

The Hearts up to now or the Hearts we hope to see in the near future ?

The up to now side would struggle the near future Hearts with a few players back may well have a chance  😄

All roads lead to Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Bulgaria are honking. 

I reckon Hearts would take them. 

They do look a bit like hibs, you could be right.

37 minutes ago, Arnaud Djoum said:

This.

Just now, Last Laff said:

Euro 96 was class. 

Utterly dreadful. Of the seven knockout matches, four went to penalties. Of those four, France-Holland and France-Czech Republic were amongst the worst games ever seen; England-Spain was pretty crap too, and Spain were completely robbed by disgraceful decisions. The final ended in pure anticlimax too. Only England-Germany redeemed things at all.

The introduction of the golden goal was supposed to make extra time more exciting. Instead, in every game except England-Germany, it made it worse, with both sides too terrified to try anything at all. And I swear only a couple of sides were even interested in winning the thing. Sacchi destroyed Italy through his own hubris; Portugal and Croatia were hyped up as dark horses but neither did very much; Spain were too defensive, France just couldn't be arsed and still made the semis regardless... and Holland collapsed like blancmange. After the weirdest 4-1 ever, in which the Dutch totally dominated the first half.

1 minute ago, shaun.lawson said:

Utterly dreadful. Of the seven knockout matches, four went to penalties. Of those four, France-Holland and France-Czech Republic were amongst the worst games ever seen; England-Spain was pretty crap too, and Spain were completely robbed by disgraceful decisions. The final ended in pure anticlimax too. Only England-Germany redeemed things at all.

The introduction of the golden goal was supposed to make extra time more exciting. Instead, in every game except England-Germany, it made it worse, with both sides too terrified to try anything at all. And I swear only a couple of sides were even interested in winning the thing. Sacchi destroyed Italy through his own hubris; Portugal and Croatia were hyped up as dark horses but neither did very much; Spain were too defensive, France just couldn't be arsed and still made the semis regardless... and Holland collapsed like blancmange. After the weirdest 4-1 ever, in which the Dutch totally dominated the first half.

It was a huge let down.