Playstation 3

Marsh

I am going to be buying one at the weekend but i am only going to buy one game.

Which one should i get?

I am going to be buying one at the weekend but i am only going to buy one game.

Which one should i get?

Are you going to be playing online or offline?

Xbox 360 is better btw...;)

Hopefully online if i can get the fecker to work, which is unlikely.

I know what you mean. If you get Call of Duty 4 then you'll play that constantly for weeks. There's a few guys on here you could get a game with aswell.

Goose Baxter

Can i ask why you asked that Sconnie regarding the online/off line part.

I was wanting to but a ps3 but also thought about the xbox as the guy in game told me there was far more games availalbe for the xbox than the ps3.

Did also look at an xbox but im not a fan of the controller.

Can i ask why you asked that Sconnie regarding the online/off line part.

I was wanting to but a ps3 but also thought about the xbox as the guy in game told me there was far more games availalbe for the xbox than the ps3.

Did also look at an xbox but im not a fan of the controller.

Some games are just designed for online play and the campaign's are pretty crap, Call of Duty 4 is an example of this. You won't find yourself going back to play the campaign after you've completed it, but if your playing it online you'll play it for weeks on end.

The xbox 360 is the better console, no doubt about it. You should look for a list of PS3 exclusives and ask yourself if you'd really really want it. The only one that sticks out for me is Metal Gear Solid, but I can live without that. The 360 has alot of good exclusives...Gears of War, Bioshock, Mass Effect, Halo 3, GTA IV exclusive content with hours of extra gameplay. Saints Row 2 which is trying to rival GTA is also 360 exclusive.

You have to pay ?39.99 for Xbox Live but it's worth it, anyone will tell you that, even some PS3 owners. You can get all the game which are out for both consoles, plus much better exclusives.

It's all what you prefer though...

Goose Baxter
Some games are just designed for online play and the campaign's are pretty crap, Call of Duty 4 is an example of this. You won't find yourself going back to play the campaign after you've completed it, but if your playing it online you'll play it for weeks on end.

The xbox 360 is the better console, no doubt about it. You should look for a list of PS3 exclusives and ask yourself if you'd really really want it. The only one that sticks out for me is Metal Gear Solid, but I can live without that. The 360 has alot of good exclusives...Gears of War, Bioshock, Mass Effect, Halo 3, GTA IV exclusive content with hours of extra gameplay. Saints Row 2 which is trying to rival GTA is also 360 exclusive.

You have to pay ?39.99 for Xbox Live but it's worth it, anyone will tell you that, even some PS3 owners. You can get all the game which are out for both consoles, plus much better exclusives.

It's all what you prefer though...

My friend did say to me that you pay ?40 or so for the year to play this online. i am not into these sort of games but i would want to play thing like fifa online with my mate but he has a ps3. But the xbox is much cheaper at the moment.

I like racing games and sports games in general so what i would then be better with? im at a 50/50 of what to get.

My friend did say to me that you pay ?40 or so for the year to play this online. i am not into these sort of games but i would want to play thing like fifa online with my mate but he has a ps3. But the xbox is much cheaper at the moment.

I like racing games and sports games in general so what i would then be better with? im at a 50/50 of what to get.

The 360 is probably better for shooter games, but PS3 users will probably disagree. If your mate has a PS3 and your into sports games I'd probably go for a PS3. Pro Evo 2008 is extremely laggy on the 360 but Fifa08 is alright.

The 360 is the better choice but playing with your mates is what it's about...

Goose Baxter
The 360 is probably better for shooter games, but PS3 users will probably disagree. If your mate has a PS3 and your into sports games I'd probably go for a PS3. Pro Evo 2008 is extremely laggy on the 360 but Fifa08 is alright.

The 360 is the better choice but playing with your mates is what it's about...

Tough choices mate, funds are not a problem. i should just flip a coin and see whats what.

It is easy to set up for online gaming.

If you like racing games invest in a set of grips to add to the triggers on your PS3 controller as your fingers constantly slip off the triggers because they slope.F1,Motorstorm and Grid are the best racers on the PS3.

As for friends i would not worry about what console your mate has because if you went for a 360 instead of a PS3 you would soon find loads of friends.

AS other have pointed out just depends what kind of games you like.

For me (from what i've seen/played/heard) its between COD, GTA, and MGS, or Oblivion if you prefer RPG's.

In my opinion the PS3 has levelled the playing field with the 360.

An update which will be released on Wednesday will add alot of the features which made the 360 stand out.

In game messaging

Custom soundtracks

Trophies / achievements

Friends list extened to 100.

And its free. I think this will make the online community much stronger.

Alot of people I know with both consoles always buy the 360 version due to achievements/soundtracks, wonder what they will do now.

And theres no shortage of games and the upcoming exclusives are just as good as 360's.

In my opinion the PS3 has levelled the playing field with the 360.

An update which will be released on Wednesday will add alot of the features which made the 360 stand out.

In game messaging

Custom soundtracks

Trophies / achievements

Friends list extened to 100.

And its free. I think this will make the online community much stronger.

Alot of people I know with both consoles always buy the 360 version due to achievements/soundtracks, wonder what they will do now.

And theres no shortage of games and the upcoming exclusives are just as good as 360's.

I'm not starting no console war here, I'm just curious as to what games your talking about? How could you know if upcoming exclusives are better than actual 360 exclusives? Gears of War Mass Effect, and Bioshock are all amazing games.

I'm not starting no console war here, I'm just curious as to what games your talking about? How could you know if upcoming exclusives are better than actual 360 exclusives? Gears of War Mass Effect, and Bioshock are all amazing games.

Well 1st of all Bioshock will be coming to PS3 in November.

http://www.game.co.uk/PS3/Action/FirstPersonShooter/~r335199/Bioshock/?s=bioshock

And the games that are coming up for the PS3 will be brilliant, Little Big Planet, Resistance 2, Motorstorm 2, Socom, Wipeout HD.

Current exclusives like MGS4, Uncharted, Resistance 1, Ratchet and Clank, GT5:P... are more than enough to keep anyone happy along with all the multi-plat titles.

I'm not saying any consoles better, it all comes down to choice of games. But with the upcoming 2.40 update on Wednesday it will be much harder to justify the 360 as superior console.

The acheivements on the 360 are a superb feature and I'm glad to be getting a similar system on the PS3.

As you said theres no point in starting a console war but I think Microsoft will find it hard to justify ?40 a year for Live now. And if they drop the cost to keep up with Sony then everyone wins, no?

http://blog.us.playstation.com/

Demo of trophies here.

Well 1st of all Bioshock will be coming to PS3 in November.

http://www.game.co.uk/PS3/Action/FirstPersonShooter/~r335199/Bioshock/?s=bioshock

And the games that are coming up for the PS3 will be brilliant, Little Big Planet, Resistance 2, Motorstorm 2, Socom, Wipeout HD.

Current exclusives like MGS4, Uncharted, Resistance 1, Ratchet and Clank, GT5:P... are more than enough to keep anyone happy along with all the multi-plat titles.

I'm not saying any consoles better, it all comes down to choice of games. But with the upcoming 2.40 update on Wednesday it will be much harder to justify the 360 as superior console.

The acheivements on the 360 are a superb feature and I'm glad to be getting a similar system on the PS3.

As you said theres no point in starting a console war but I think Microsoft will find it hard to justify ?40 a year for Live now. And if they drop the cost to keep up with Sony then everyone wins, no?

http://blog.us.playstation.com/

Demo of trophies here.

I always thought Little Big Planet was a kids game? Also, having watched Motorstorm on that xleague, I thought it looked quite p!sh.

You never know they might decide to get rid of the fee for Live, but I'd keep paying it as it's fantastic. The 360 is getting an update aswell, I can't remember what's all changing and I can't find a link for it either though.

FWIW, when I get the funds I may actually invest in a PS3.

I always thought Little Big Planet was a kids game? Also, having watched Motorstorm on that xleague, I thought it looked quite p!sh.

You never know they might decide to get rid of the fee for Live, but I'd keep paying it as it's fantastic. The 360 is getting an update aswell, I can't remember what's all changing and I can't find a link for it either though.

http://kotaku.com/5008939/rumored-xbox-360-spring-update-touts-motion-sensor-features-game-installs

This might be what your talking about mate, great thing about this generation of consoles is that the features keep getting updated every few months.

vegas-voss
Metal Gear 4 is the only game that has made me even consider a PS3 over a 360

I have MGS4 it's not worth buying a console for that game alone.

jack D and coke

I've looked at them dozens of times but cant justify buying one the now. There's just not any game i want to play bar drake's fortune. Even metal gear looks a total crock. I'll certainly wait until it comes with the new dual shock before i do cos that light weight six axis pishy thing isnae worth a sook and yir fingers slip off the triggers like ye canny believe. The new dual shocks are ?40 a pop as well. Bound to be price cuts towards the end of the year, maybe invest then.

vegas-voss
I've looked at them dozens of times but cant justify buying one the now. There's just not any game i want to play bar drake's fortune. Even metal gear looks a total crock. I'll certainly wait until it comes with the new dual shock before i do cos that light weight six axis pishy thing isnae worth a sook and yir fingers slip off the triggers like ye canny believe. The new dual shocks are ?40 a pop as well. Bound to be price cuts towards the end of the year, maybe invest then.

MGS4 just had to sit through 47 mins of cut scenes but im now back to Shadow Moses from MGS1 to take on Rex got to say it's great to see the island from the PS1 game in next gen graphics you also get to play a very small section of MGS1 in flashback and it's still looks like fun.

jack D and coke
MGS4 just had to sit through 47 mins of cut scenes but im now back to Shadow Moses from MGS1 to take on Rex got to say it's great to see the island from the PS1 game in next gen graphics you also get to play a very small section of MGS1 in flashback and it's still looks like fun.

MGS is probably my favourite game from my ps1 but i couldn't sit through a 47 minute cut scene no matter how good the game might be. WTF is that kojima playing at? Dont know what they're like on this one but they were utter bollox on 2 and 3 and they make you feel like a nerd watching some really bad japanese cartoon. The games themselves are generally well done but he takes the pish with the cut scenes.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

That is takin the ****.

vegas-voss
MGS is probably my favourite game from my ps1 but i couldn't sit through a 47 minute cut scene no matter how good the game might be. WTF is that kojima playing at? Dont know what they're like on this one but they were utter bollox on 2 and 3 and they make you feel like a nerd watching some really bad japanese cartoon. The games themselves are generally well done but he takes the pish with the cut scenes.

It's actually 3 different cut scenes but you have to go through them all before getting to the next bit of gameplay.Oh and another 3 minute install at the end of the level.To be fair the cut scenes were brilliant to watch and i did not realise it was so long until i looked at the clock and was shocked at the time.

The whole game is an ego-trip for Hideo Kojima, he's made the game 100% the way he wants it to be made.

Loads of people have loved it but it's not for me.

Archived