What happens after?

OTT

Psychedelicropcircle
1 hour ago, Innocent Eggboniki said:

Ask Craig Levein the Board member to ask Craig Levein the Director of Football to ask Craig Levein the Head Coach how he sees it next season

Min his Spanish villa watching hearts tv hopefully 👌🤘

Guest ToqueJambo
33 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

The foundations have been laid and we have actually assembled a very decent squad. We need a manager/coach who can get a tune out of it and an identity to our play. We also need a DoF with a bit of vision and a fresh idea as to how to improve the first team. Everything else away from the pitch is perfect, we now need that focus and performance on the park. 

Moyes DoF. Neville, Keane, Robinson, Wagner.....people of that mould approached to be manager. That’s what I’d like. 

Wow. Stephen Robinson is certainly in illustrious company there. Two world footballing legends who would cost an absolute fortune and a current Bundesliga and ex EPL boss in his prime who would also cost a fortune.

Aside from the whole list outwith Robinson being completely unrealistic , what exactly has Robinson done in his career to deserve being in that company? He could be the next Steve Clarke or he could just as easily be the next Tommy Wright, which seems more likely. 

In terms of his record, OK he got them the cup win almost every club has had in recent years, but he's actually taken them backwards in the league from where they were when he took over.

Edited by ToqueJambo

At least he's taking it seriously now.  Reported on the EEN that he's scheduled a crisis meeting with himself on 14th March next year.

The Internet
36 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

The foundations have been laid and we have actually assembled a very decent squad. We need a manager/coach who can get a tune out of it and an identity to our play. We also need a DoF with a bit of vision and a fresh idea as to how to improve the first team. Everything else away from the pitch is perfect, we now need that focus and performance on the park. 

Moyes DoF. Neville, Keane, Robinson, Wagner.....people of that mould approached to be manager. That’s what I’d like. 

Gary Neville? 

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Wow. Stephen Robinson is certainly in illustrious company there. Two world footballing legends who would cost an absolute fortune and a current Bundesliga and ex EPL boss in his prime who would also cost a fortune.

Aside from the whole list outwith Robinson being completely unrealistic , what exactly has Robinson done in his career to deserve being in that company? He could be the next Steve Clarke or he could just as easily be the next Tommy Wright, which seems more likely. 

In terms of his record, OK he got them the cup win almost every club has had in recent years, but he's actually taken them backwards in the league from where they were when he took over.

Tommy Wright has won a trophy in Scotland. 

Bazzas right boot
27 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Could he sack himself then claim unfair dismissal.

😂😂

Slap his own arse, put in a sexual harassment law suit. 

Guest ToqueJambo
45 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Because believe it or not somebody at the club has seen he is sh*te coach. 

So I'm guessing Andy Kirk has leapfrogged him?

1 hour ago, Ari Gold said:

We need to give jobs to the best candidates.

No jobs for the boys.

No coaching jobs for guys just because they played for hearts previously.

No coaching jobs for somebody’s pal.

We need a proper scouting team set up.

We also need to sell players for money in order to grow. Reinvest wisely and build the club. Far bigger clubs than us have done this successfully.

There is a lot of jobs for the boys at this club 

massive clear out required 

maroonsgotop

Plenty of people on here who wanted Neilson out including the plane & banner brigade. That was despite him winning the Championship in a canter (record points etc) and when we were 2nd in the SPL.

[Plenty Spurs fans want Poch out after taking them to the Champions League Final.

Now some City fans wanting Pep out.

Before that, the vast majority of Man Utd fans wanted Fergie out after he got off to slow start in his tenure (I think in today's age he would have been gone). He got the unpopular support of a key board member and the rest is the greatest period in their/English history.

Who the heck would listen to fans  

2 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Ian Murray would be ideal, but would he have the time to do the job considering his role in politics 😏

If offered the position at Hearts I think he could well give up politics.

kingantti1874
2 hours ago, Hampden Demolition said:

What worries me is that even when Budge and Levein go, what happens if we end up with a manager as bad as him in the future? The FOH board have shown, in my opinion, to be as spineless as our current one so could we have this issue again? I am not for one saying we should be chopping and changing our manager all the time but after a run of terrible form as prolonged as this, we need someone in charge who can recognise when change is required.

FOH have no power at this point, only when they own the shares. And the FOH board will be elected by the fans, so no custodian would be as stupid as to pull this trick.. 

1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

You do realise that Moyes plus any one of those others as manager would cost us £2-3m per year. 

12 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

If offered the position at Hearts I think he could well give up politics.

Honestly, he's so ideal for the role. Excellent public speaker, contacts aplenty as his book highlights, genuinely cares for the club. 

I think he'd be dogged in fighting our corner with the GFA every step of the way. I also think if later down the line we considered further expansion having someone familiar with public service bureaucrats would be a god send. 

Pls Ian.. consider it :)  

56 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Then take himself to court and claim insanity.

1 minute ago, Lovecraft said:

Then take himself to court and claim insanity.

If we try to bounce Levein out of Tynecastle we will end up in court - he has previous!

WheatfieldWarrior
40 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Tommy Wright has won a trophy in Scotland. 

He's about to add a wooden spoon to that collection.

41 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

You do realise that Moyes plus any one of those others as manager would cost us £2-3m per year. 

Potentially, they may not be anywhere near as expensive and don’t forget how big a club we are. Yeah we are struggling but we are potentially a good manager away from big things. Gotta aim high. 

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

I said people of that mould, doesn’t have to be those exact guys. An ex pro, fresh out the game that knows the modern game well. Robinson was thrown in there cause he’s potentially the only realistic candidate that I mentioned. I think he’s done a great job with Motherwell, they currently sit 3rd, he’s had them in two cup finals if I remember correctly and has his side playing a style of football I think would suit Hearts. 

We need change, I think we all know that. I think a club of our size would generate a hell of a lot of interest for both DoF and manager. Surely my names are better than bin Levein and bring gary Locke and gary Naismith in 🤷🏼‍♂️ At least I dreamt big 😂

Budge out 

Levein out

Coaching team out 

Medical staff out

John Murray out

Start again and employ people that treat winning football matches as the priority. 

I'd be really keen to see who would apply for the Hearts job. I wouldn't rule out someone like Moyes. Of course, finances would be an issue, however, he'd be able to be given the time, money and commitment from the club to build on what we have. That must be appealing for any manager. Not many clubs can offer that. 

I don't feel like doing continued rescue jobs then your thanks is being fired and replaced by another manager who will no doubt bring the club you just rescued back into the same trouble they were just in to be massively rewarding or fulfilling. You're continually jumping from place to place - Liverpool, Manchester, Spain, London.. with the money he no doubt has in the bank maybe setting his family down for a few years might be exactly what he wants. You never know until you ask the question.

Sold correctly I think we could attract a very high standard of manager. 

been here before
1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

He could take it further and start touching himself when no-ones around. Nice wee claim for sexual harrassment right there.

Probably quite enjoyable too.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, kila said:

I would be in favour of:

- Voting in favour of Budge being retained as CEO for another year

- MacPhee moving to a DoF role (he is better suited to the business side, and his own football business is highly successful)

- New manager and coaching staff recruited

Heck, I would be in favour of that happening now... with Andy Kirk interim manager while Budge and MacPhee find a new manager (preferably with no previous Hearts connection).

Sounds good

Pasquale for King
45 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Budge out 

Levein out

Coaching team out 

Medical staff out

John Murray out

Start again and employ people that treat winning football matches as the priority. 

Fair enough 

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Ari Gold said:

We need to give jobs to the best candidates.

No jobs for the boys.

No coaching jobs for guys just because they played for hearts previously.

No coaching jobs for somebody’s pal.

We need a proper scouting team set up.

We also need to sell players for money in order to grow. Reinvest wisely and build the club. Far bigger clubs than us have done this successfully.

Good post 

2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Quite right you got grief. How often in our history have we finished top 4 in two out of 3 seasons plus two cup finals? You're right that failure to get into top 6 is a fail and we almost ever do that. It was genuinely shocking when we were 7th or 8th under Romanov.

The targets for every Hearts manager will be Europe, which is top 3 these days, and a decent cup run or two. It's not as black and white as that though. They will also be expected to bring youngsters through and try to develop other signings to sell or improve.

There has to be a measure.

That's mine.

I understand it's not black and white.