Worst start to a league campaign for 45 years.

Getintaethem

5 minutes ago, martoon said:

Stewart Brown mentioned our May '85 defeat at Love Street in his Evening News preview of the August game. "Hearts certainly won't lose 5-2 tomorrow". He wrote.

I suppose, technically, he was spot on.

We spanked them 6-3 there as well but I don’t think it was the 86’ season. Was at that as well. Some crazy results.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• annushorribilis III

• Ron Burgundy

• Getintaethem

7 minutes ago, afanderson33 said:

Why not come out and explain this? Why not play Aidan Keena? 

Aidan was brought to the club as a reserve player, perhaps CL just doesn't think he's ready for a start. Given the abuse the boy took from some on here you can understand why CL might feel he needs to protect him, especially with the treatment already being dished out to Clare.

1 minute ago, Boab said:

We spanked them 6-3 there as well but I don’t think it was the 86’ season. Was at that as well. Some crazy results.

That was Dundee, Boab. 1989/90. Iirc it was 6-3 without about 20 mins left then both teams started missing sitters. Could have been anything that crazy afternoon. Only Premier League game of the day (don't recall why) but no TV cameras sadly.

Just now, martoon said:

That was Dundee, Boab. 1989/90. Iirc it was 6-3 without about 20 mins left then both teams started missing sitters. Could have been anything that crazy afternoon. Only Premier League game of the day (don't recall why) but no TV cameras sadly.

Sure it was St Mirren, mate. Every Saturday was party time mind !

I’ll look up LondonHearts.

Pasquale for King
18 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Hearts are a bit like the Scotland team at the moment - with the injuries we have a new manager would have limited choice to change things. He wouldn’t have any budget for new players as when our players are all fit we have a strong first team.

The last time we had all our players fit we went top of the league and unbeaten in whatever under Levein.

Dont deny we can do better - Levein has proven it with last season’s squad - fully fit and stocked.

We haven’t had everyone fully fit at any point in his time as manager, last season we were missing Djoum, then Berra, then Uche then Souttar the Naismith. We were top of the league at that point, we are now missing Halkett/Souttar/Naismith/Washington/Haring/Walker. With Meshino and Whelan for example we have as good replacements for two of those guys. So it’s kind of level in regards players missing, Naismith is the big miss as he’s does the coaches job for them on the pitch as well as being our only regular goal scorer.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Aidan was brought to the club as a reserve player, perhaps CL just doesn't think he's ready for a start. Given the abuse the boy took from some on here you can understand why CL might feel he needs to protect him, especially with the treatment already being dished out to Clare.

He said in the summer he was happy with the forwards at his disposal, now with the injury prone three out he says we have next to nothing? Which is it? More lies?

19 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We haven’t had everyone fully fit at any point in his time as manager, last season we were missing Djoum, then Berra, then Uche then Souttar the Naismith. We were top of the league at that point, we are now missing Halkett/Souttar/Naismith/Washington/Haring/Walker. With Meshino and Whelan for example we have as good replacements for two of those guys. So it’s kind of level in regards players missing, Naismith is the big miss as he’s does the coaches job for them on the pitch as well as being our only regular goal scorer.

Well said Pasquale. The injuries have absolutely wrecked Levein’s plans. 

Captain Canada

This may be pessimistic, but I can't see how we'll beat Rangers or Livi the way things are going. 

The St. J game is going to be a massive one. 

Levein was rightly angry at the players but with so many injuries, how is he going to change it around? 

Potentially bringing back Haring, Naismith and Uche against Rangers is unlikely to get us an immediate reward. 

The longer this run goes on, the less change CL has of turning it around. The majority of the players aren't giving 100% week-on-week and haven't for quite some time. 

The situation needs a completely new regime with a different direction and set of voices on the training pitch. A huge shake-up is the only thing that can potentially get us out of this slump.

If the players were fully behind Levein, how does it explain performances such as Stenhousemuir, East Fife, Ross County etc? They know his job is under threat but played like that against Killie.

1 hour ago, Spoleto said:

Abuse? :lol:  Your just making stuff up now.  An absolutely pathetic attempt by you to defend our useless managers decision to start a match with no strikers.

Getintaethem
1 hour ago, Boab said:

You’re right, mate, it was Dundee !

We did beat St Mirren 6-0 on their patch in 88’. Think that’s the one I was thinking of.

JC hatrick

1 hour ago, Boab said:

You’re right, mate, it was Dundee !

We did beat St Mirren 6-0 on their patch in 88’. Think that’s the one I was thinking of.

'85-88 was a great time, Boab. We usually always performed, attacked teams relentlessly and scored plenty of goals. We didn't always win, not quite enough to lift a trophy, sadly, but we were a treat to watch.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Des Lynam said:

Well said Pasquale. The injuries have absolutely wrecked Levein’s plans. 

Yeah and he signed the injury prone crocks and oversees their training, treatment and nutrition. 

Pasquale for King
54 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Abuse? :lol:  Your just making stuff up now.  An absolutely pathetic attempt by you to defend our useless managers decision to start a match with no strikers.

He’s got as baby excuses as the manager, it might well be a relative or the man himself.

20 hours ago, Spoleto said:

Are you determined to miss the point? It seems that you are.

The point is that WE DO NOT HAVE first choice players at our disposal. 

THEY ARE INJURED.

Embarrassing post from the last Levein apologist

3 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

Embarrassing post from the last Levein apologist

I would have thought with 20 hours to think on it you might have been able to come up with a more intelligent comment. 

Shame.

kingantti1874
3 hours ago, Captain Canada said:Levein was rightly angry at the players but with so many injuries, how is he going to change it around? 

not change shape every week?

pick some forwards ? 
Drop underperforming players ? 
Encourage players to give 100%
Encourage players to take responsibility?

Leave and give someone else a go if he cannot do the above.. 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Spoleto said:

I would have thought with 20 hours to think on it you might have been able to come up with a more intelligent comment. 

Shame.

I would have though with 10 years to contemplate your first post you’d land on something more convincing than repetitive, baseless propaganda 😆 

22 hours ago, Spoleto said:

As Gio pointed out it's NOT an excuse, it's a reason.

We can only DEAL WITH IT when we get some of those players back.

In the meantime WE can stop getting on the players backs and try supporting them. 

WE are part of the problem.

I laughed out loud there!!

B******* we have a team of players playing out of position playing a system a blind man could see is not helping 

That Doigdes a find tho!!

15 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I would have though with 10 years to contemplate your first post you’d land on something more convincing than repetitive, baseless propaganda 😆 

Propaganda? Pffft!

You'd know all about repetitive, you're like a cracked record.

16 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Propaganda? Pffft!

I actually think he’s generous, all you are posting is absolute sh1te, with a smart, condescending attitude.

The Real Maroonblood
28 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

I actually think he’s generous, all you are posting is absolute sh1te, with a smart, condescending attitude.

:spoton:

kingantti1874
53 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Propaganda? Pffft!

How would you know? You’ve only been posting for about 2 weeks after creeping about for a decade :rofl: 

I defended levein more than most until about April.. until going to tynecastle felt like miserable life sucking chore.. a complete waste of time and energy

your at it, your involved somehow certain of it. 

5 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Spoleto is still here.

Is Spoleto the new kid on the block??  Can't say I've heard of him, must be a hobo 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Is Spoleto the new kid on the block??  Can't say I've heard of him, must be a hobo 🤷‍♂️

Fairly sure he posts under a different username that has racked up 0000's of posts slavering the same pish.  A bit of a weirdo.

6 hours ago, Spoleto said:

Keena has done little wrong for us so was worth a shot in what was an emergency situation. 

But Levein would rather throw Clare to the wolves by asking him to play up front (and with an unnatural partner in Ryo). It’s almost as if Levein is using Clare to deflect attention away from his own failings and to exaggerate the effect of our injury list. 

5 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Fairly sure he posts under a different username that has racked up 0000's of posts slavering the same pish.  A bit of a weirdo.

Strange world we live in these days........

:tlj:

17 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Fairly sure you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

1 hour ago, Spoleto said:

Propaganda? Pffft!

I think you will find the word is "scratched".

4 hours ago, martoon said:

'85-88 was a great time, Boab. We usually always performed, attacked teams relentlessly and scored plenty of goals. We didn't always win, not quite enough to lift a trophy, sadly, but we were a treat to watch.

87’ was the cup that got away. We really should have pumped St Mirren in the Semi. I’m sure we would have won the cup had we made the final. 

Loved the 80’s, good and bad.

Pasquale for King
38 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Keena has done little wrong for us so was worth a shot in what was an emergency situation. 

But Levein would rather throw Clare to the wolves by asking him to play up front (and with an unnatural partner in Ryo). It’s almost as if Levein is using Clare to deflect attention away from his own failings and to exaggerate the effect of our injury list. 

Probably wondering what he’s got to do to get him injured too 🤔?

On 06/10/2019 at 20:54, Getintaethem said:

Our worst start in the league since 1974 according to the sportscene pundits.  Any of our stattos confirm this?

Can't see it getting better anytime soon, with the next game being an on form Rangers team.

On the plus side, its our worst start in 45 years and yet Hibs have managed to be even worse than us, they are trying to outshite our shitey start by being incredibly shite 

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, Bozi said:

On the plus side, its our worst start in 45 years and yet Hibs have managed to be even worse than us, they are trying to outshite our shitey start by being incredibly shite 

How do they manage it?

It's an art form for them. 

Arseholes. 

47 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

I think you will find the word is "scratched".

Actually I think we're both wrong and the word is "broken". 

It's one of those terms you just never hear anymore 🙂

1 hour ago, Boab said:

87’ was the cup that got away. We really should have pumped St Mirren in the Semi. I’m sure we would have won the cup had we made the final. 

Loved the 80’s, good and bad.

True. 

After we beat Celtic, with Rangers and Aberdeen already out, the path was clear for us. Really believed, from February onwards, that we'd go on to win the Cup. 

The Internet
20 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

I agree. 

Our defence has improved but we are now scoring less. 

We had Washington, Uche, Naismith and Walker out from our attacking options. 

Our league record is now clearly a sackable record but if a new manager came in this week, with our injuries I'm not sure things would improve as many think. 

A team missing

Halkett

Souttar 

Haring 

Walker 

Naismith 

Uche 

Washingston 

Is a crippled team, not sure anyone would cope with that. 

It's a ****ing joke tbh. 

Not sure a new manager working with our fit players will suddenly get results. 

Not sure if this has been picked up on but Halkett, Uche, walker, Washington and naismith all started in the 0-0 with Ross County, arguably our worst performance of the season. 

We_are_the_Hearts
1 minute ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Not sure if this has been picked up on but Halkett, Uche, walker, Washington and naismith all started in the 0-0 with Ross County, arguably our worst performance of the season. 

Exactly. It's the style and tactics that are bullshit, not the personnel!

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

It's a fair point, but I tend not to judge new players, a new team and players just back from injury on one game. 

I think they will improve us... If they are fit. 🤔

The Internet
7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's a fair point, but I tend not to judge new players, a new team and players just back from injury on one game. 

I think they will improve us... If they are fit. 🤔

Not having a go at the players, I'm worried that when they're all back they won't actually improve us as levein doesn't know how to get them playing. 

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Not having a go at the players, I'm worried that when they're all back they won't actually improve us as levein doesn't know how to get them playing. 

Could be the case. 

Allowayjambo1874
1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Every interview with an experienced manager I’ve seen has said that when they go into a club that’s struggling, confidence is low and can’t buy a win they resort to same tactic. Back to basics. Everyone in ‘correct’ position to do the job they know and are best at, keep the formation simple. Then increase work rate to try and scratch out results. Against Killie a simple 4-4-2 was available with everyone in positions they were brought in to play. But no, some kind of weird 3-5-1-1 with midfielders as forwards, winger as wing back and absolutely no fight in the team. 

If a new man comes in this will be first thing he does . He certainly won’t put meshino or Clare up front in the hope of some kind of revelation that they are strikers in disguise. 

Bazzas right boot
44 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Every interview with an experienced manager I’ve seen has said that when they go into a club that’s struggling, confidence is low and can’t buy a win they resort to same tactic. Back to basics. Everyone in ‘correct’ position to do the job they know and are best at, keep the formation simple. Then increase work rate to try and scratch out results. Against Killie a simple 4-4-2 was available with everyone in positions they were brought in to play. But no, some kind of weird 3-5-1-1 with midfielders as forwards, winger as wing back and absolutely no fight in the team. 

If a new man comes in this will be first thing he does . He certainly won’t put meshino or Clare up front in the hope of some kind of revelation that they are strikers in disguise. 

There is truth in this. 

Hectormasson
On 07/10/2019 at 15:38, graygo said:

Me too and while I would say that while it's unlikely we will do anything even remotely similar this time, nobody saw it coming then either.

Was it a gardner spiers hat trick ?  Bolted at 4 1 around 4.10 0r so, horrible day after taking lead too...

6 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Was it a gardner spiers hat trick ?  Bolted at 4 1 around 4.10 0r so, horrible day after taking lead too...

No, he did score 1 though. 

Peter Godfrey

Wank McGarvie (Not a typo)

Tony Fitzpatrick

Stephen Clarke

James Rooney

Colquhoun and Robertson for us.

Thanks to London Hearts. 

Yes the injuries have had an impact but the main reason is tactics.  EG, We have our RB playing on left and out LB playing on the right.  Arguably two of our best players playing out of position.  We also have a manager that sets his teams up to combat the threats of the opposition, even at home now.  It's the draconian tactics that are killing us.  Despite the injuries we should still have a strong enough team to win the bread and butter home games.  

On 08/10/2019 at 10:08, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Spot on. I accept bad luck, but this was just bad management, add in a left back at right wingback and an ineffectual winger at left wingback.  
when we went 4-4-2 we were the better team.... had a limited goal threat and a look of some sort of structure. 

Every week Levein stays at Hearts is a lost week for me... It has been since Cathro if we are all being honest. 

The People's Chimp
On 07/10/2019 at 14:23, Governor Tarkin said:

I thought spoleto might be one of the chaps from over your side of the road having a spot of fun.

Don't think so. Weird guy anyway.