Ryan Edwards.

Hercules

8 minutes ago, graygo said:

I made that bit up for effect, that's allowed isn't it?

Naughty boy!

When Edwards came he was promised the number 10 and then Hearts kept buying and he got pushed out ☹️ Wasn’t treated properly by Hearts, a little buzz bomb, whether good enough or not he would be giving 100% 

1 minute ago, tynietigers said:

When Edwards came he was promised the number 10 and then Hearts kept buying and he got pushed out ☹️ Wasn’t treated properly by Hearts, a little buzz bomb, whether good enough or not he would be giving 100% 

No chance.

3 hours ago, airthjambo said:

As did Graham Shaw

And what a miserable wet day that was at Hampden!😕

20 hours ago, DH1986 said:

He’d be more use than Sean Clare.

Our mascot would be more use than Sean Clare.....!!

Edwards was pretty sh*te and should never have been signed.

Workrate, aye, but we demand much more than that as Jambos.

On 06/10/2019 at 12:46, Barack said:

There's one poster on here who watches Ryan Edwards regularly at their actual stadium.

I'll wait until he posts, & gives an analysis of Ryan's benefit to Burton Albion and their mid-table position in League 1. 

He runs about a lot.

In all honesty he is shite and gets carried by Fraser and Quinn in most games. Would 100% not improve this team.

Edited by Notts1874

Bazzas right boot

Edwards is not good enough. 

This thread is about as eye bleeding as our football. 

Auld Reekin'
1 hour ago, J80MBO said:

He better option than Clare is. 

If through some (unfortunately not yet invented) sci-fi technology, we could combine the best attributes of Clare and Edwards - Clare's undoubted footballing ability and Edwards' energy and commitment - we might just create a player who deserves to be on the Hearts' teamsheet each week.

No doubt, however, we'd end-up with a freakish being with Clare's presence and Edwards' skills. 

:kenneth:  :ermm: :silviodamn:   

On 06/10/2019 at 13:02, jambonian said:

Remember at the time I was wondering why we were signing him. Don't think he was ever the answer but at the same time, he wasn't given a fair chance, just like a few others before him. Pointless signing. Yet, when he does get in the team towards the end of the season, he fought for every ball when he could. Get his chance in a national Cup Final and scores. His reward? Booted out. He did plenty of chasing around the field trying to make an impact rather than pass the buck like so many of the rest  Wonder what his thinking was when he was watching Clare running about like a heidless chicken while he's up in the stand? 

I thought he looked alright in the few appearances he got towards the end,  although i was surprised we signed him at all in the first place.

I think i'd rather him over Bozanic, i'm guessing he left as he wasn't happy to be just a squad player and wanted consistent football.

On 06/10/2019 at 23:39, graygo said:

No chance.

Well the footballer that told me must of been lying and you know better 👍🏻

Guest ToqueJambo
On 06/10/2019 at 15:37, tynietigers said:

Levein said when he signed him he wanted to try him as an attacking mid instead of where he had been playing. Then Naismith became available and we started that season brilliantly... He was simply kept out by better players. He could have fought for his place but wanted to go on loan to play. I liked him when he came back mind you, but not sure if he really had quality or it was because we were so desperate for someone to show some urgency in midfield that he stood out.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Parttimer1874
2 hours ago, tynietigers said:

We signed a passenger from a relegated Partick Thistle side and told them they’d be our number 10? You believe that?

Managed to find the link that was being referred to. Remember we also had Ali Crawford on trial for this role before naisy signed

4 hours ago, tynietigers said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-boss-craig-levein-to-deploy-ryan-edwards-in-attacking-role-1-4754180/amp

link doesn’t always work

Craig Levein plans to deploy new Hearts signing Ryan Edwards as an attacking midfielder, the manager revealed today.

The Australian can adapt to a number of positions but Levein wants him breaking into the penalty area to score and assist with goals. Edwards, 24, invoked a relegation release clause to leave Partick Thistle last month after their play-off loss to Livingston saw them demoted to the Ladbrokes Championship. He joined Hearts on a two-year deal as one of eight new arrivals so far this summer.

Edwards spent much of his three-year spell at Firhill playing as an orthodox central midfielder or in the more defensive holding

Levein believes one of his best assets is his energy to get forward into the penalty area, where he hopes his new recruit can find the net.

“I see Ryan as an attacking midfield player – somebody who gets into the box and scores goals,” Levein told the Evening News. “I saw him playing for Reading before and I liked him then.

“He went to Partick and he has played a few different positions but I see him as a midfielder who can get forward. I don’t know how often we will play with a No.10 next season but he is somebody who can get into the box to score goals and create goals.”

Edited by Newton51
Update

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Parttimer1874 said:

We signed a passenger from a relegated Partick Thistle side and told them they’d be our number 10? You believe that?

Arnaud Djoum certainly would have been surprised to see his no 10 shirt given away like that.

Ive always felt its such a "Scottish" attribute....the Big workrate but limited talent.

Not only do we make too many of this type of player we seem to be the Mecca for other countries tryhards. 

2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Arnaud Djoum certainly would have been surprised to see his no 10 shirt given away like that.

Think he meant the number 10 position rather than the squad number in fairness

4 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Managed to find the link that was being referred to. Remember we also had Ali Crawford on trial for this role before naisy signed

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-boss-craig-levein-to-deploy-ryan-edwards-in-attacking-role-1-4754180/amp

link doesn’t always work

Craig Levein plans to deploy new Hearts signing Ryan Edwards as an attacking midfielder, the manager revealed today.

The Australian can adapt to a number of positions but Levein wants him breaking into the penalty area to score and assist with goals. Edwards, 24, invoked a relegation release clause to leave Partick Thistle last month after their play-off loss to Livingston saw them demoted to the Ladbrokes Championship. He joined Hearts on a two-year deal as one of eight new arrivals so far this summer.

Edwards spent much of his three-year spell at Firhill playing as an orthodox central midfielder or in the more defensive holding

Levein believes one of his best assets is his energy to get forward into the penalty area, where he hopes his new recruit can find the net.

“I see Ryan as an attacking midfield player – somebody who gets into the box and scores goals,” Levein told the Evening News. “I saw him playing for Reading before and I liked him then.

“He went to Partick and he has played a few different positions but I see him as a midfielder who can get forward. I don’t know how often we will play with a No.10 next season but he is somebody who can get into the box to score goals and create goals.”

Sounds like his waffling about Sean Clare playing centre mid. 

When he talks like this he sounds like one of those kids playing Champ Manager who interviews himself when playing. 

On 06/10/2019 at 13:00, Hercules said:

I may be clutching at straws but give me a headless chicken every day over most of those wasters playing yesterday. 

So if I did a quick search I wouldn't find any posts from you slagging big Uche as worse than average, because all you ask is work rate, right?

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Ryan Edward's is shite and not good enough for Hearts.

Makes you wonder why Levein bought him. 

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

So if I did a quick search I wouldn't find any posts from you slagging big Uche as worse than average, because all you ask is work rate, right?

Do you have a job ? 😂😂

1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

Makes you wonder why Levein bought him. 

Bought him?

He cost nothing and was essentially a squad filler, we will always have them, sometimes we are forced to play more than we'd like to and that is when results drop, like now.

Forever Hearts
4 minutes ago, graygo said:

Bought him?

He cost nothing and was essentially a squad filler, we will always have them, sometimes we are forced to play more than we'd like to and that is when results drop, like now.

Bought, signed whatever. Another complete failure and waste of a wage. 

2 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

Ryan Edward's is shite and not good enough for Hearts.

So shite that when he was actually given a chance to play for Hearts within 3 games he had shown himself to be a hard working number 10 who wouldn't give teams a moments rest on the ball and had scored the opening goal to put us ahead in the scottish cup final against Celtic?

Yes, I'm so glad he's gone. Now Sean Clare can play every week, wouldn't want Edwards keeping so much quality out of the team.

On 06/10/2019 at 13:02, jambonian said:

Remember at the time I was wondering why we were signing him. Don't think he was ever the answer but at the same time, he wasn't given a fair chance, just like a few others before him. Pointless signing. Yet, when he does get in the team towards the end of the season, he fought for every ball when he could. Get his chance in a national Cup Final and scores. His reward? Booted out. He did plenty of chasing around the field trying to make an impact rather than pass the buck like so many of the rest  Wonder what his thinking was when he was watching Clare running about like a heidless chicken while he's up in the stand? 

Edwards is more of a football player than that imposter claire will ever be, and is not trying to be a prima Donna, and will give you 100% all day long. 

Forever Hearts
14 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Didn't play very well at the weekend. Made very little impression on the park.

Sounds like your average Hearts player. 

8 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Sounds like your average Hearts player. 

That can't be true as the football experts on this thread tell us that he is far better than we have now.

Dr Ian Malcolm

Came on unexpectedly against Hibs, gave us a bit of energy and there was clamour for him to start the next game against Killie at home.

He did and was completely anonymous.

Decent guy, worked hard and thanks for the goal at Hampden, but couldn't get in to a weaker midfield than we have now.

3 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Hear he was stinking on Saturday in a 4-1 defeat to bloody Fleetwood.

From whom????

1 minute ago, Barack said:

At a guess...his friends who live in that neck of the woods, like Notts does, and attends Burton matches.

Just a guess though.

Cheers. He seems to have a bit of a thing about Edwards going by his regular slatings....

Just now, Barack said:

Mibbies he's just playing shite. Notts is more up on it than I'll ever be, so I'll leave that one to him.

Mibbies he is, but he’s no longer a Hearts player........unless of course Notts is having a pop at some on here who felt Edwards didn’t get a fair chance.....😱

Forever Hearts

Never understood the obsession some have with former Hearts players when they move on to other clubs. I hope it goes well for them and all that but I couldn't really care less. 

18 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Mibbies he is, but he’s no longer a Hearts player........unless of course Notts is having a pop at some on here who felt Edwards didn’t get a fair chance.....😱

Nope. The OP seemed to think he was a better option than our current midfield and others seemed to have agreed so I just thought I would keep them up to date with his progress.