Ryan Edwards.

Hercules

He must be laughing his Antipodean arse off at us. Another ingenious bit of business by Pep. Another 90 mins under his belt yesterday. And please don’t start with the “He’s not good enough” pish. He’s exactly what we’re after.   

Gorgie Boys are in town.
2 minutes ago, Hercules said:

He must be laughing his Antipodean arse off at us. Another ingenious bit of business by Pep. Another 90 mins under his belt yesterday. And please don’t start with the “He’s not good enough” pish. He’s exactly what we’re after.   

To be honest, I dont think he is good enough. In our current predicament he may have done a job, but overall he wasn't good enough for me. 

That said, we still have worse on our books.

You're on cloud cuckoo land if you think Ryan Edwards is a) good enough for Hearts and b) would make any difference to how we are playing just now.

Just now, saxondale said:

You're on cloud cuckoo land if you think Ryan Edwards is a) good enough for Hearts and b) would make any difference to how we are playing just now.

Have to wonder why he was bought in the first place. Our management sure love a poor signing.

10 minutes ago, Hercules said:

I doubt he’s doing anything of the sort. Glad to be playing I’m sure, but came across as a decent sort and I expect he’ll want us to do well.

He signed for Burton Albion, not Barcelona. 

5 minutes ago, saxondale said:

Not saying he’s David Silva but he’d certainly improve this bunch of shite. Even you’d improve us and you’re terrible. 

6 minutes ago, Barack said:

There's one poster on here who watches Ryan Edwards regularly at their actual stadium.

I'll wait until he posts, & gives an analysis of Ryan's benefit to Burton Albion and their mid-table position in League 1. 

Hmmmm, pretty sure we would struggle against Bonnyrigg Rose right now, never mind League 1 in England.

ToadKiller Dog

Edward's clearly wasn't the answer but he always put a shift in when he played somthing missing from a good few that remain in the squad .

11 minutes ago, saxondale said:

Cloud cuckoo land or not, RE would have provided a more agressive, attacking and workmanlike display yesterday than Clare will ever be capable of.

pettigrewsstylist
5 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

He’d be more use than Sean Clare.

Oi oi oi,,,burst the budget we did. Get with the program.

been here before

As someone who was there in 98, 06 and 2012, enjoyed every minute of our 22 in a row and who savoured so many great moments in the Shed I can honestly say that Ryan Edwards gave me the best ten minutes Ive ever had following Hearts at Hampden last May.

He'd make very little difference to that pish we're currently watching just now though.

FFS of all the things to have a go at Levein about this isnt one. Edwards worked hard but was very limited,

hence why he was playing with Partick thistle, why when he went on loan to St Mirrren and is now at Burton Albion. 

2 minutes ago, been here before said:

As someone who was there in 98, 06 and 2012, enjoyed every minute of our 22 in a row and who savoured so many great moments in the Shed I can honestly say that Ryan Edwards gave me the best ten minutes Ive ever had following Hearts at Hampden last May.

He'd make very little difference to that pish we're currently watching just now though.

I may be clutching at straws but give me a headless chicken every day over most of those wasters playing yesterday. 

Remember at the time I was wondering why we were signing him. Don't think he was ever the answer but at the same time, he wasn't given a fair chance, just like a few others before him. Pointless signing. Yet, when he does get in the team towards the end of the season, he fought for every ball when he could. Get his chance in a national Cup Final and scores. His reward? Booted out. He did plenty of chasing around the field trying to make an impact rather than pass the buck like so many of the rest  Wonder what his thinking was when he was watching Clare running about like a heidless chicken while he's up in the stand? 

20 minutes ago, Barack said:

There's one poster on here who watches Ryan Edwards regularly at their actual stadium.

I'll wait until he posts, & gives an analysis of Ryan's benefit to Burton Albion and their mid-table position in League 1. 

👌🏻

3fingersreid

Helped change the game at Easter road , scored a goal in the final that had us believing for a short time , overall energy got us up the park , was he a long term solution probably not but wouldn’t be any worse than what we’ve got at the minute . 

Could or should’ve moved on Bozanic before Edwards as we’re well covered in DM , but it is what it is , a midfield devoid of pace , attack and guile . No players to blame for that , just the man and his team in charge . 

Auld Reekin'
22 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Helped change the game at Easter road , scored a goal in the final that had us believing for a short time , overall energy got us up the park , was he a long term solution probably not but wouldn’t be any worse than what we’ve got at the minute . 

Could or should’ve moved on Bozanic before Edwards as we’re well covered in DM , but it is what it is , a midfield devoid of pace , attack and guile . No players to blame for that , just the man and his team in charge . 

I'd rather have had the option of bringing on Edwards - rather than Bozanic - yesterday, but that's about as far as it goes. Neither of them should be, or should have been, anywhere near a first team place at Hearts.

1 hour ago, TheStig said:

Have to wonder why he was bought in the first place. Our management sure love a poor signing.

You don't have to wonder. He was brought in as a backup player.

Strange thread.  Edwards has played a few games in League One for Burton Albion and that means he's proved we were wrong to release him?

3 minutes ago, Stanley_ said:

Strange thread.  Edwards has played a few games in League One for Burton Albion and that means he's proved we were wrong to release him?

Don't think that's the issue. It's more of why he signed him in the first place, send him away, bring him back again in January and not play him until the final couple of games after the split. Edwards didn't do himself any harm by scoring that goal in the Cup Final but seems that doesn't matter to Levein.

16 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

You don't have to wonder. He was brought in as a backup player.

He wasn't even a back up player he was loaned out.

3 hours ago, Hercules said:

A honking player that should never have been signed by the club.

Have to laugh at certain posters with their not good enough for Hearts pish concerning Ryan Edwards .

On current form a one legged pensioner would be good enough for Hearts.

Probably improve us 😂

29 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Have to laugh at certain posters with their not good enough for Hearts pish concerning Ryan Edwards .

On current form a one legged pensioner would be good enough for Hearts.

Probably improve us 😂

I laugh more at folk who think a player they’ve slated for months is suddenly a better player and a better option cause he’s left or long term injured .

our players aren’t all Tom kite but often the system ( if there is one  ) let’s them down . I do think Edwards was decent but no better than what we have

4 hours ago, Hercules said:

What a pile of shite. Hundreds of posts and every one slagging off my, not our, club

This place is batshit mental at times.

Levein got slated for signing Ryan Edwards, got slated for not playing him, then he got slated for playing him before now getting slated for letting him go.

1 minute ago, graygo said:

Levein got slated for signing Ryan Edwards, got slated for not playing him, then he got slated for playing him before now getting slated for letting him go.

What's not to like?

weegie jambo

problem here is Levein and his tactics and motivation of players or rather lack of. FWIW I thought RE would make a good box to box midfielder under a half decent manager. If we had Messi and Ronaldo in our side they would probably turn out crap and have no effect on our performances!

KyleLafferty

Like others have said, I’ll be forever thankful for giving me that celebration at Hampden and thinking we were doing the impossible.

The Internet
16 minutes ago, graygo said:

He could've avoided the last 3 slatings by just playing him when he signed him because it turned out that he was quite good. 

1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

He could've avoided the last 3 slatings by just playing him when he signed him because it turned out that he was quite good. 

He's not quite good, he's quite average and if people would just stop to think for a minute they would realise this

Anger about other issues is leading to posters inventing things that are just not true like Edwards is quite good

6 hours ago, DH1986 said:

He’d be more use than Sean Clare.

One of the wrappers you get on a Tynecastle pie, blowing about the pitch on a windy day, puts in more effort than Sean Clare. 

The Internet
1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

He's not quite good, he's quite average and if people would just stop to think for a minute they would realise this

Anger about other issues is leading to posters inventing things that are just not true like Edwards is quite good

I know there's a thing people do where they suddenly rate players who leave but I liked Edwards when he was here, don't think he did a lot wrong when he finally got his chance. Gave us a lot of energy and something different in midfield. Not saying he's the answer to all our problems like.

8 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Scored in a Scottish Cup final for Hearts. For that I will be forever grateful to him

As did Graham Shaw

3 hours ago, graygo said:

Bang on. :)

4 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I know there's a thing people do where they suddenly rate players who leave but I liked Edwards when he was here, don't think he did a lot wrong when he finally got his chance. Gave us a lot of energy and something different in midfield. Not saying he's the answer to all our problems like.

Edwards is a very average player IMO - but one thing we certainly lack is an attacking midfielder making late runs into the box - as Edwards did for his goal in the final. It's the biggest issue with the team at the moment. Peter Haring and Naismith returning to the team will be a big boost because we know they both offer a goal threat.  

Bridge of Djoum
3 hours ago, graygo said:

You, sir, are bang on. 

18 minutes ago, stirlo said:

Ryan Edwards would not be the answer to our problems at the moment - although to be fair he'd offer more than Sean Clare.

I think thats all we'd need. We'd maybe be mid table instead!

5 hours ago, graygo said:

When was Levein slated for playing him?? At that stage we were so bad we were delighted to see a fresh face!!!

RE would certainly improve things presently, enthusiasm, energy and a willingness to hassle, and close down, get in the faces.

All of which are presently missing from the majority of the team, not good enough for that😂 so say some roasters on here.

Did little wrong when given the chance, another howler of a decision by those in charge.

Craig Levein seems to get some weird sense out of breaking down players confidence, rather than developing it.

Why do this?

10 hours ago, Barack said:

Nott a clue who you're talking about...

Jambof3tornado

My problem with CL over Edwards was his reluctance to play him when our midfield lacked energy.

Imagine if he'd been given a run of games and a proper chance.

55 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

When was Levein slated for playing him?? At that stage we were so bad we were delighted to see a fresh face!!!

I made that bit up for effect, that's allowed isn't it?