time for robbo to get another chance

Masonic

1 minute ago, stevie1874 said:

Totally agree regarding a manager who will not just accept our place behind the old firm. We’re never going to consistently be ahead of them but when you look at what Simeone has done for Athletico since he became boss it shows that even without having near the amount of money and support Real & Barcelona have and consistently losing players over the years, a good manager can with a bit of luck win us a league title. Football can turn quickly and only a year ago we were at the top of the league playing good football filling the ground. The infrastructure is there for us to really push on which is why I think there is so much frustration regarding the first team. Let’s hope if and when Levein steps aside we take our time and appoint the right man or woman 😁

Exactly! I'm not actually expecting us to win the league, but having a manager with some balls to say that is a target and we are going for it would be refreshing. 

I think the huge frustration with many fans is that we do have the infrastructure in place to clearly be the 3rd best team in the league. When Robinson was in charge we knew we were a shambles, I dont think the expectations were as high, so poor form wasnt a surprise. 

1 minute ago, tokyowalnut said:

Exactly! I'm not actually expecting us to win the league, but having a manager with some balls to say that is a target and we are going for it would be refreshing. 

I think the huge frustration with many fans is that we do have the infrastructure in place to clearly be the 3rd best team in the league. When Robinson was in charge we knew we were a shambles, I dont think the expectations were as high, so poor form wasnt a surprise. 

I know I’ve quoted Athletico who are a good few levels above where we are in European terms, but when you look at pre simeone I think they were pretty much a club our size in their domestic league ie two big teams who carve up all the money in Spain and who the media fawn over. He’s totally shaken up that league and the whole club know they’ll never be as big as the other two but at the start of the season they will now believe they can win the league. This best of the rest attitude seems to be engrained in Scottish managers.

On 05/10/2019 at 18:25, Bauld said:

I think that's a bit unfair on Robbo.

Won first division with Inverness.

2 challenge cup wins. 

1 league cup of Ireland.

How many trophies does Levein have?

exactly

On 05/10/2019 at 18:22, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

No. We don't need passion or boots up the arse or PHM. We need a coach who knows what he's doing, is ambitious, and will inspire this squad to express themselves. 

We need a coach who will instanteously solve all our injury problems and have such a cunning plan on coaching this disparate lot that we embark on a 27 game winning run. Anyone out there fit the bill?

On 05/10/2019 at 18:21, Natural Orders said:

Give Presley a chance 

He would be the perfect guy to unite a divided support....

😖

Whenever it happens and whoever gets it, Levein has to be nowhere in the picture.  I'm sure he will be a wealthy man.  Should either retire gracefully or find another club.

Will the financial position we are now in, we should be investing money to bring in a quality manager.  It's the most important job at the club.  Forget about ex players and managers, we need to aim higher.

I was talking about this with a mate yesterday, wouldn't want robbo to get the gig, I feel it wouldn't be much of an Improvement. Get in a manager who has never played or managed in scotland. Remember csaba, wasn't a great manager but had no fear ingrained of the old form and he actually done not too bad against them, IIRC.

The Real Maroonblood
On 05/10/2019 at 19:46, Agentjambo said:

A forward thinking, attack minded,charismatic manager.....preferably foreign with no attachment with hearts.

Klopp is the man.

Know what?  I'd just like the post to be properly advertised and applications invited.  Let's see who's interested.  Oh, and I'd stipulate that if you don't actually apply then you can't actually get the job.

Bazzas right boot

Robbo as AM next to Moyes. 

Locke, skacel on the coaching staff with a few of Moyes own lads. 

321 and wake. 

Bazzas right boot
31 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Klopp is the man.

He could manage two teams I reckon. 

We don't need ex Hearts players as managers. Really need to look at Europe. More precisely Germany, France and Holland and spot someone up and coming that can use Hearts to make a real name for themselves. Lets see some creative football with different ideas than those stuck in the past Scottish game or simply ex players are not exactly great Managers to begin with. 

On 11/10/2019 at 09:18, CAI said:

We don't need ex Hearts players as managers. Really need to look at Europe. More precisely Germany, France and Holland and spot someone up and coming that can use Hearts to make a real name for themselves. Lets see some creative football with different ideas than those stuck in the past Scottish game or simply ex players are not exactly great Managers to begin with. 

as if the board would have the foresight to do something like that

Ex member of the SaS

Personally would prefer someone who has no connection to Scottish football. ( sorry but I have no one in mind ) Too many ex players or previous Scottish managers are too S*^* scared of the " OF " and set up trying to defend the whole game, when history has shown not a single team has won playing this way. For me the only way to play against these two is to get stuck in and stop them owning the pitch.Admittedly that requires player who are ultra fit and can run for 90 minutes plus. Something that most players can't achieve.

For supposedly fit athletes the standard of player fitness is a joke.

Guest ToqueJambo
On 06/10/2019 at 10:45, Gorgie_Rules said:

Someone who knows the Scottish game but has been involved at a high enough level elsewhere to command respect. Steve Clarke fitted the bill for Killie in that regard. 

Not sure who is currently unavailable/is a coach elsewhere who is looking to step into management, but surely options out there who are x10 better than Levein or Robbo.

As did Craig Levein for us. Levein is younger too. Some you win...

JJ as caretaker was my top choice until he had his heart attack. Houston would work for me as a second choice caretaker for this season or until we hire someone,  if not Kirk or a coach. Robbo would be a pretty low risk choice - someone who would get the fans onside and who is a good motivator. He had us playing some good stuff in his brief period in charge and has done well with Caley.

Unlike others I don't see being an ex-player as a hindrance. Our best managers have all had a strong prior connection with the club. Only Sergio came in from outside and did a great job (in the cup at least). Burley doesn't really count as no other Hearts manager has had as much money spent on the types of players he was able to sign. In my Hearts watching lifetime, MacDonald, Neilson, JJ and Levein first time have all done great jobs. Sandy Clark wasn't great. Gary Locke wasn't brilliant but did OK in a very tough situation. Without his  Hearts connection getting us up for the derbies I can't imagine we would have got more points than Hibs in the relegation season. 

Very highly rated managers like Joe Jordan and Tommy McLean who came to us with great reputations at a good time in their careers did pretty badly by comparison. Not saying that would happen again, but discounting a manager for being ex-Hearts seems daft. Does that include someone like Aidy boothroyd? A Hearts connection can also lead to a bit more loyalty if they turn out to be successful. Jack Ross, Alex Neil and others jumped ship very quickly after one good season with a smaller club in the Premiership or with a Championship club. Neilson could have done that after one season. For all we know his Hearts connection made him want to stay longer. Same with JJ.

Edited by ToqueJambo

is there a rhino looking for a job ?

need a ****in very thick skin to cope with our support. if were not winning by 10 goals a game the knifes will be out.

most of our fans need someone who's gonna fail, half them wouldn't know what to do at a game if there was no reason to whinge and moan and this place would be like a ghost yard.

no matter who our next manager is there are gonna be groups of fans who hate him before he's had a game.

1 hour ago, reaths17 said:

is there a rhino looking for a job ?

need a ****in very thick skin to cope with our support. if were not winning by 10 goals a game the knifes will be out.

most of our fans need someone who's gonna fail, half them wouldn't know what to do at a game if there was no reason to whinge and moan and this place would be like a ghost yard.

no matter who our next manager is there are gonna be groups of fans who hate him before he's had a game.

That's just complete bollocks.

5 hours ago, ford donald said:

Mcinnes

Don't want him tbh

Edited by Robbo-Jambo

I honestly think, and this is my own theory, that at the end of the season and after the euros, Michael O'Neil will step down from northern Ireland and take over at hearts.

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, superjack said:

I honestly think, and this is my own theory, that at the end of the season and after the euros, Michael O'Neil will step down from northern Ireland and take over at hearts.

That would be a good scenario.

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/10/2019 at 09:34, The Real Maroonblood said:

That would be a good scenario.

better than some other names banded about anyways