time for robbo to get another chance

Masonic

9 minutes ago, allystrachan said:

Robinson is the only person I’d want in Scottish football.

Exactly. Get him in quick and give us a chance of at least competing in the Semi Final.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

No. We don't need passion or boots up the arse or PHM. We need a coach who knows what he's doing, is ambitious, and will inspire this squad to express themselves. 

4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

NO MORE EX-PLAYERS PLEASE.  Especially when they have done next to nothing in their managerial career.

I think that's a bit unfair on Robbo.

Won first division with Inverness.

2 challenge cup wins. 

1 league cup of Ireland.

How many trophies does Levein have?

16 minutes ago, Bauld said:

I think that's a bit unfair on Robbo.

Won first division with Inverness.

2 challenge cup wins. 

1 league cup of Ireland.

How many trophies does Levein have?

I agree that he's done well at a lower level. I would much rather appoint Robinson who hss done wonders at Motherwell,  with a fraction of our support and resouces, both in terms of developing youngsters and making astute signings from England. Also got them to 2 finals in the one season and beat Rangers at Hampden on the way. Would be a great fit for us imo.

If they gave it to Robbo, it would only be because he is one of the very fee who would work with Levein.  Sadly, that's the criteria for any new manager.  

44 minutes ago, Masonic said:

come home wee man

WTF

Do you actually want us to be a force in pissy scottish football or do you just want us to continue to struggle until the end of time?

I really don't get you people. 

Nelson Mandela would have been the man... now we are stuck! Seriously I would not want poor JR to have to right the wrongs of his previous teammate... and JR was and is head and shoulders above CL when it comes to being a legend at Hearts. If he failed to get it right he would be dragged down with CL... F that!

ToadKiller Dog

Sorry but Robbo ain't what's needed ,we need somebody who doesn't fear playing St Mirren and Hamiliton ,need to look outside scotland .

Hectormasson
7 hours ago, NB GIN said:

No we need a new manager with no connections to the club a fresh start please 

Totally agree

9 hours ago, allystrachan said:

Robinson is the only person I’d want in Scottish football.

9 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Exactly. Get him in quick and give us a chance of at least competing in the Semi Final.

This years Tommy Wright 

Ricardo Shillyshally
11 hours ago, Kyle1874 said:

Tim sherwood would be an interesting appointment

He's a bell end. I'd rather have Robin of Sherwood

Edited by Ricardo Shillyshally

Robbo is not the answer. It needs to be someone that you can actually imagine lifting the league championship trophy in May.

3 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

What was Robinson like before now 

I have no idea, but he is doing well at the moment, so if we do restrict ourselves to managers currently in Scotland, he would be my choice. 

Personally, I’d rather we showed more ambition and looked elsewhere, and at those with no previous connection to us (perhaps with the exception of Adrian Boothroyd, who I’d consider). 

Robinson is doing a decent job.

How much is down to Motherwell's infrastructure. 

Their scouting and youth development seem to be really good.

Diadora Van Basten

I would rather we just advertised the position and see who applies. I don’t think there are any outstanding candidates in lower jobs.

14 hours ago, Paolo said:

Because he is a shit manager. 

And the only man in football that make Craig levein look like good banter. Why would people even suggest the same old merry go round managers. Where we hope to be, a Pressley, Robbo etc will not take us. 

Love him, but no thanks.

We need a manager with no previous connection to us, and maybe to Scottish football. I want a manager that doesnt see the league as the Old Firm then the rest of us. I dont care how fanciful it is I want someone targeting the league trophy, someone at the top who doesnt care who Celtic and Rangers are. 

Warnock (i know he is retiring so dont mean I want him) said something good in his interview a week or so ago saying he fancied coming up and having a go at toppling the Glasgow arsecheeks (I am slightly paraphrasing). That's what we need. 

Give it to MacPhee/Daly on temporary basis. Invite applications. Interview the best candidates from those who have applied. Appoint.

3 hours ago, tokyowalnut said:

Love him, but no thanks.

We need a manager with no previous connection to us, and maybe to Scottish football. I want a manager that doesnt see the league as the Old Firm then the rest of us. I dont care how fanciful it is I want someone targeting the league trophy, someone at the top who doesnt care who Celtic and Rangers are. 

Warnock (i know he is retiring so dont mean I want him) said something good in his interview a week or so ago saying he fancied coming up and having a go at toppling the Glasgow arsecheeks (I am slightly paraphrasing). That's what we need. 

Totally agree regarding a manager who will not just accept our place behind the old firm. We’re never going to consistently be ahead of them but when you look at what Simeone has done for Athletico since he became boss it shows that even without having near the amount of money and support Real & Barcelona have and consistently losing players over the years, a good manager can with a bit of luck win us a league title. Football can turn quickly and only a year ago we were at the top of the league playing good football filling the ground. The infrastructure is there for us to really push on which is why I think there is so much frustration regarding the first team. Let’s hope if and when Levein steps aside we take our time and appoint the right man or woman 😁

Gorgie_Rules

Someone who knows the Scottish game but has been involved at a high enough level elsewhere to command respect. Steve Clarke fitted the bill for Killie in that regard. 

Not sure who is currently unavailable/is a coach elsewhere who is looking to step into management, but surely options out there who are x10 better than Levein or Robbo.