Levein post match interiew

Sagan

Toxteth O'Grady
56 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

"I'm done with being nice, I'm done with ****ing, excuse me, done with protecting players" he said.

He’s lost it. He signed all the dross we have. He signed all the injury prone crocks. He can’t get the dross motivated and he can’t keep the crocks from getting injured. There is only one person to blame 

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Maroon Sailor

• pettigrewsstylist

• wavydavy

3 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

Certainly makes a change Craig Levein getting angry the players have been

having it easy for a long time also he maybe knows his job is on the line this time

You're giving him credit for getting angry at the players now, even though he has accepted this shite for 2 years?  He's getting angry now because he maybe knows that his job is on the line?  If that is the case, it highlights the fact that it's about him rather than what the fans have had to endure 

1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Aye like Souttar who was on  Wednesday close to returning. 

Friday he is coming back from an operation in London and out for 3 months. 

Did you not know about his op Craigie. 

Habitual pants on fire type of man. 

Just ****** go you clueless, lying clown. 

Agree pal. He has to go. 

Gorgie Boys are in town.

This response is due to reality hitting Craig. Its game over. Last throw of the dice is to turn on the players. He knows he's finished. Everybody except Craig. Its always something or somebody else. 

Ernie Eskilsson

Having recruited and kept picking all of the crap players who we’ve been asking to be dropped for months and after picking a 3 man defence for the 4 successive game having had to change it in each of the previous 3 when it wasn’t working, having taken 31 points from the last 105, he’s now decided to blame the players! He now says that anyone not performing will be replaced by someone better! Well the same logic much apply to the manager - have a look in the mirror Craig...

1 hour ago, Der Kaiser said:

He sounded very angry and also upset.

He basically said some players were simply not trying and with big players to come back they wouldn't be playing and shouldn't be knocking on his door to ask why.It wasn't f>>>>>ng good enough I think he said. He also said hed gone on too long defending certain players.

He did deflect questions about criticism on him though.

So in October he’s noticed what most fans noticed in the league cup group games

annushorribilis III
Just now, Dr Lager said:

So in October he’s noticed what most fans noticed in the league cup group games

This. 

tartofmidlothian
18 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

As much as I think he needs to go, that performance today is no surprise to me. We bang on about looking into players backgrounds before signing them so they are a good example to the younger players etc. Our biggest problem is we are too nice, placid and chicken hearted. We need players who aren’t afraid to put themselves about, have a bit of heart and be willing to bleed for the jersey. We have none of that at the moment. Guys like Clare and Mulraney are not bad footballers, they just don’t have the heart to play to the level required. You need a bit of fire in your belly to be the best you can be and we have far too many players who will never have that as it’s not in their make-up.

It’s killing me inside watching the club I love keep sliding away from what we have always been. 

Spot on. I reckon we've got a great squad with some excellent players, but what we're missing is a radge or two. The likes of Stevenson, Black or Zaliukas. People who aren't there to do a nice professional job.

9 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Yes.

When, famously, he did this at Pittodrie in early 2001, football was a completely different sport - and he was a young, hungry, driven man. If a good squad is not performing, it's down to the manager. This'll just alienate the players even more. Or, to put it another way:

"He's been places and done things". 

Didn't work for Brown. Won't work for Levein either. Not waving, but drowning.

I've been hoping he'd find the fire of that day after the Aberdeen match again. Glad to hear him sound fuming at last, but this is the final throw of the dice.

Gorgie Boys are in town.
3 minutes ago, Ernie Eskilsson said:

Having recruited and kept picking all of the crap players who we’ve been asking to be dropped for months and after picking a 3 man defence for the 4 successive game having had to change it in each of the previous 3 when it wasn’t working, having taken 31 points from the last 105, he’s now decided to blame the players! He now says that anyone not performing will be replaced by someone better! Well the same logic much apply to the manager - have a look in the mirror Craig...

Exactly. 

5 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Did he take responsibility at any time during the interview or is he still looking for excuses in his second season of "no excuses"?

No, players fault. Players are coming back from injury so the others will be dropped and they won’t be knocking on the door asking for another start.

Gorgie Boys are in town.
11 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

He’s lost it. He signed all the dross we have. He signed all the injury prone crocks. He can’t get the dross motivated and he can’t keep the crocks from getting injured. There is only one person to blame 

This 100%

6 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Did he take responsibility at any time during the interview or is he still looking for excuses in his second season of "no excuses"?

Ripped into players on interview but at the end of game shook every one of their hands on touchline. 

Two faced as well as clueless 😏

1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

His team is an image of him , dour, boring and not going anywhere , sadly 

Your ancestor must be turning in his grave.  

3fingersreid
1 minute ago, FruitJuice said:

Your ancestor must be turning in his grave.  

Never mind him , I’m not in the best of moods 😂😂

letsmakesomenoise
1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

At about 80mins, Hickey was beaten to a ball in the corner by a Killie boy who won a throw in despite Hickey being much closer.

Not a dig at Hickey as such but it just summed up the lack of desire and fight in this Hearts team.

Hickey was the only half decent player on the park today!

That goalie 🙈

Just now, 3fingersreid said:

Never mind him , I’m not in the best of moods 😂😂

At least he had the dancing to look forward too... with levein's style of play, you wouldn't think we were formed by dancers.  

6 minutes ago, SectionN said:

No, players fault. Players are coming back from injury so the others will be dropped and they won’t be knocking on the door asking for another start.

Bench is weak. What a season this is going to be. 

Frankly, I don't really care what Levein has to say post-match. It's what we see on the pitch that counts. It just isn't working.

3fingersreid
2 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

At least he had the dancing to look forward too... with levein's style of play, you wouldn't think we were formed by dancers.  

😂😂😂

YOU'RE THE ****ING MANAGER, CRAIG! It's your ****ing job to motivate and gear the players up for the game. All smoke and mirrors but he's fooling no-one. Should have been gone long before now.

1 hour ago, Sagan said:

"i've gone on too long protecting players"

Sounds like he's went right through them as well. 

I think this could actually be the end of him. 

Great!! Does that mean you will finally give Clare the bullet???

letsmakesomenoise
34 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

As much as I think he needs to go, that performance today is no surprise to me. We bang on about looking into players backgrounds before signing them so they are a good example to the younger players etc. Our biggest problem is we are too nice, placid and chicken hearted. We need players who aren’t afraid to put themselves about, have a bit of heart and be willing to bleed for the jersey. We have none of that at the moment. Guys like Clare and Mulraney are not bad footballers, they just don’t have the heart to play to the level required. You need a bit of fire in your belly to be the best you can be and we have far too many players who will never have that as it’s not in their make-up.

It’s killing me inside watching the club I love keep sliding away from what we have always been. 

But we are supporting the army boys, so all is fine!

Anne, its good to do all that stuff, but ffs we pay good money (lots and lots of it) to watch reasonable football played by committed players who get stuck in and not wimp out of 50-50 challenges time and time again.  Clare's stats might show he does a lot of running, I watched him today and he trots about good style but doesn't actually do anything as players fly by him. Total snowflake!

1 hour ago, TheStig said:

Oh shit best act angry so it looks like i care. **** off Craig, been the same shit for a year and only now you are up set.

Bang on!!!

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Great!! Does that mean you will finally give Clare the bullet???

In all honestly. I would get a new man in and let him take a look at the players, give them all a chance to prove themselves. 

The whole fecking set up needs changed though. We should be looking at young talent, we're spending beyond our budget in my opinion.

Players like whelan, naismith, damour, must be on a shed load and you've got 4 year contracts and even the likes of clare who is bang average must be getting paid more than he's worth. 

8 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Frankly, I don't really care what Levein has to say post-match. It's what we see on the pitch that counts. It just isn't working.

It's ok,we might win next week and all will be ok again. 

38 minutes ago, Sagan said:

On a side note,

How many managers are on the board?

What the foook is that all about? 

If I knew what the foook you are talking about I might agree or disagree. 

Just now, luckydug said:

If I knew what the foook you are talking about I might agree or disagree. 

And it's somehow my fault that you don't have a clue?

Follow the rugby mate. 

heartandsoul
33 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

This

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye, but many moan when we have a big lump up front on his own, cart horse, typical CL tactics etc. 

They mainly moan not because they are big or small but because they are on their own. Been an issue since Rixy hung Calum Eliot out to dry on his own up front.

Sexton Hardcastle

If the players have stopped playing for him he must know more than ever that is time is up.

Sheer ignorance from the man. A few weeks ago I was still on his side but after that shite today he can gtf.

Utterly woeful in every department. Couldn’t even tell you what the game plan was. Just ten players panicking and no leadership. Berra was again awful. He needs to grow a set and either hang up his boots or start performing. Been getting away with it for months. 

Relegation is firmly on the horizon. 

letsmakesomenoise
1 minute ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

If the players have stopped playing for him he must know more than ever that is time is up.

Sheer ignorance from the man. A few weeks ago I was still on his side but after that shite today he can gtf.

Utterly woeful in every department. Couldn’t even tell you what the game plan was. Just ten players panicking and no leadership. Berra was again awful. He needs to grow a set and either hang up his boots or start performing. Been getting away with it for months. 

Relegation is firmly on the horizon. 

Watched closely today, big difference between Killies defensive headers and ours, is they attempt to header the ball towards another killie player, we just header it anywheres!

1 hour ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

As long as we have this ridiculous number of injuries she's always going to give him the benefit of the doubt, so I wouldn't be holding my breath. It goes way deeper than that imo, but not it seems for her.

Ultra depressing.

So that's going to be forever then . 

Craig Levein manager and horrendous injury list go hand in hand unfortunately. 

Smith&Weston

The decision should be taken out of his hands.

Looking at fixtures, we will be lucky not to be in bottom 2 after going into December which is a worry.  3 x games against Rangers in that period.

5 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Players downed tools today, time to go.

100% agree.  At about 65/70 mins you could see the whole team just packed it in. 

If this anger was 3 seasons ago, fine. If this anger was last November, fine. If this anger was even in August, fine. It’s all just lip service now from a man that should’ve been removed from power a long, long time ago. We’ve heard how he can fix it, heard about injuries, heard about murrayfield, heard about having to play youths, heard about Cathros team, heard about having to play all those away games........now it’s the players fault.

Worth noting and on a total tangent (Levein slammed the players, so not total left field tangent) Levein said Clare was suffering from a horrendous dip in self confidence, Levein played him up front today. Explain that? 

Dagger Is Back
1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

If this anger was 3 seasons ago, fine. If this anger was last November, fine. If this anger was even in August, fine. It’s all just lip service now from a man that should’ve been removed from power a long, long time ago. We’ve heard how he can fix it, heard about injuries, heard about murrayfield, heard about having to play youths, heard about Cathros team, heard about having to play all those away games........now it’s the players fault.

Worth noting and on a total tangent (Levein slammed the players, so not total left field tangent) Levein said Clare was suffering from a horrendous dip in self confidence, Levein played him up front today. Explain that? 

That last paragraph sums it up for me. We had two strikers on the bench. They might not be the best in the land but they’re a better option than sticking the laddie up front.

Talk about being hung out to dry

Not angry or disappointed enough to do the right thing though eh?

Absolute disgrace how he is still manager.

I feel foolish for getting a bounce of the derby and the cup game.

It's not happening  and the club has a losing mentality.

And its dire stuff.

Dreadful.

Even in spells where we look as if we actually fekin train together its toothless.

It's a disgrace that this level of shiteness is acceptable.

That’s hilarious from levein today. Some pish set up from him that clearly wasn’t working from the word go. Players did not know who they were picking up. Everyone knew we’d end up going to a flat back four, he had the chance to do it at the d’amour injury. Instead he waited til half time. By that time the game was gone. And now he blames the players. Bit of self analysis required Craig

Allowayjambo1874

Perreria Whelan Damour & Meshino have just arrived and Dikamona & Irving have hardly played this season. So is having a go at 17 year old Hickey, the consistent defender Smith, his captain, Mulraney or Clare (who he said would be his centre mid fulcrum pre season)? 

This is the same manager who said in June he was happy with his two keepers and ended up bringing in one on loan once the season started.

Levein is clueless and is throwing players under the bus now. That performance today would indicate that he’s lost the dressing room. 

He is desperate to save his own skin.

Levein, MacPhee, Daly, Foxy and Gallacher should all be binned on Monday morning. 

I suggest Gary Locke should do the Levein firing.  He can say Levein is not the sort of person to write a coaching manual for him.

Allowayjambo1874
8 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

That’s hilarious from levein today. Some pish set up from him that clearly wasn’t working from the word go. Players did not know who they were picking up. Everyone knew we’d end up going to a flat back four, he had the chance to do it at the d’amour injury. Instead he waited til half time. By that time the game was gone. And now he blames the players. Bit of self analysis required Craig

Well said.

The Damour sub gave the perfect excuse to change formation and system as we hadn’t laid a glove in them up to then. Instead he went like for like with Bozinac and guess what, nothing changed.  Absolute joke.