Well done Craig Levein

RobbofordGHC

1 minute ago, RobbofordGHC said:

I make that only the second time in the clubs history we have made 3 successive major semi finals. Well done Craig and the team!

This.

4 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

Now to shoot up the league, get back to where we belong and we'll forget we ever complained. Come on the Hearts! 

Not that we're fickle or anything. :D But yes, indeed.

4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Not that we're fickle or anything. :D But yes, indeed.

For better or worse, the very definition of a football supporter my good man! 

Now, let's see about bagging another final! 

12 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

Now to shoot up the league, get back to where we belong and we'll forget we ever complained. Come on the Hearts! 

I second that one.

Yes, well done! Now let us make our grievances with you a distant memory by continuing to win. St Mirren next which SHOULD be a clear victory for us and that will do nicely before the break during which we will bring back great players.

Actually thought he got quite a lot wrong tonight.  Shape of defence was bad first half which led to daft mistakes and the substitutions and tactical switches second half were very poor.

We did play some lovely football first half and I'd guess he'd take a fortunate win over an unlucky defeat just now.

17 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

I’m sure we started 85/86 like this...

We did.    5 points (2 points a win) from the first 8 games + arsed out the LC 3-0 by the codheads.    Beaten by a poor Motherwell side and Clydebank.    Started the recovery by drawing at home from behind vs an average Dundee side.

Absolutely delighted we won and are through to the Semi’s. Quite a few good performances and lots of fight from the team. Hopefully the team can pitch on and Levein can lead us to LC glory. But please just stop with this back 3 pish. 

49 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Levein haters/Mikey Stewart  GIRUYs!:clyay:

I think haters is a bit strong it's just that he is a shit manager 2 results in umpteen games means nowt when you look at the overall picture ,sure enjoy this week but papering over the cracks will not stand up to scrutiny ,he still has an awful record

1 hour ago, RobbofordGHC said:

I make that only the second time in the clubs history we have made 3 successive major semi finals. Well done Craig and the team!

Credit where credit is due - well done CL and the team - two fantastic results.

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

I think haters is a bit strong it's just that he is a shit manager 2 results in umpteen games means nowt when you look at the overall picture ,sure enjoy this week but papering over the cracks will not stand up to scrutiny ,he still has an awful record

The overall picture includes his previous spells at Hearts and Dundee Utd for that matter. So, not a shit manager, just a bit off form.

I'm a hearts fan. Cars run on petrol. I run on optimism that we will win the next game whoever it is against.

I so want Craig to win a cup then step up to fill time DoF at the end of this season. 

Id take winning the league. But none or both cups would suffice.

FTH

11 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

:facepalm:

rudi must stay

He's done what hes needed to, best line up positive tactics. Well done to him, tonights result is very impressive

Edited by rudi must stay

13 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Oh the vitriol from some has been nothing short of disgusting  at times!

It's nonsense to say he's a shit manager - just lazy thinking on your part and others - many of whom have an agenda. The club has been put onto a great footing with his help. There have been mistakes made undoubtedly but we now have the basis to kick on once our injuries clear up.

Win the next two and we have clear blue water.

Just now, BarneyBattles said:

Agreed. That’s also what makes him so frustrating though. 

Sunday, hibs score, we then decide to attack and end up winning the game. Why not just do that from the start. 

Robbie was the same after the first 5 games back up. Started to think about stifling the opposition rather than letting them worry about us.

We have a higher budget than almost every team outwith the old firm. Let the others worry about us. 

My sentiments entirely. I do feel Levein has an inbred fear of losing that stops him being a ‘winner’.

Anyway great result tonight so well done to him and the team! 👍

9 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

A loser doesn’t play for Hearts for 15 years, or play for Scotland at a World Cup, or manage Hearts and Scotland. 

A loser doesn’t have a playing/managing derby record of played 60, lost 9, not lost 51. 

The loser Levein tag is utter shit in my opinion. 

No-one goes from youth football all the way to representing your country at a World Cup then managing at international level without being a complete winner who refuses to accept defeat every single time they took to the field. 

Hes got got his faults but he is a winner. 

That is your definition of a “winner”.

I was referring to his managerial record where he has won nothing.

Craig has assembled one of the deepest, best pools we have had (with a small exception of Vlad magic/madness). The Academy is looking like producing first team players and sell-on players. He has done this on an extended player budget from Ann. 
We have just put the third placed team out of the cup on merit. 
Neither of them deserve the filth that has come out of some. Admittedly, fuelled by trolls and banned idiots, but taken up by “true” Hearts fans. 
Tactics, shape-tinkering, Clare love-in, lack of out and out relentless drive to slaughter lower opposition are all failings of his I suggest and two victories in far too long of dross doesn’t warrant full absolution.  But FFS, lets get behind him, her and the team and do our little bit to help the revival, starting with St Mirren. 
Or we could start a few more negative threads to suit anti-Levein agendas. Where’s Geoff when you need him? 

1 hour ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

"Papering over the cracks" has become a common cliche in the last few days. It's such a vague expression.

The team has won two in a row, a rare feat in recent months.  How many more wins will it take before we're no longer papering over the cracks? 

1 hour ago, JJ93 said:

Yes, well done! Now let us make our grievances with you a distant memory by continuing to win. St Mirren next which SHOULD be a clear victory for us and that will do nicely before the break during which we will bring back great players.

We have Killie at home before the break.

Guest ToqueJambo
24 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Most managers and players don't win anything. And anyone who has followed Levein's career knows he has been incredibly unlucky as both a player and manager.

13 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

I appreciate that but managers who have been nowhere near Levein’s level have won trophies. John Collins, Danny Lennon etc. 

But as you say, who cares tonight, a really good win again and Hearts in another semi!

When you consider Kirk Broadfoot has 3 league title medals and one cup winners medal the "show us your medals" chat really doesn't mean very much.

Edited by ToqueJambo

MasterofDisaster

Happy that we are winning and happy for CL because he’s a good bloke, but the result tonight was hardly the result of a tactical master stroke. We were ganting, sloppy ugly football pretty much all game, ended up playing around our own box for about 90 minutes and struggled to create chances of any quality aside from the Halkett goal. Don’t think people should get too carried away yet, there is still a long way to go before this team has my faith.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, MasterofDisaster said:

Happy that we are winning and happy for CL because he’s a good bloke, but the result tonight was hardly the result of a tactical master stroke. We were ganting, sloppy ugly football pretty much all game, ended up playing around our own box for about 90 minutes and struggled to create chances of any quality aside from the Halkett goal. Don’t think people should get too carried away yet, there is still a long way to go before this team has my faith.

I think you were watching a very different game from the rest of us!

MasterofDisaster
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

I think you were watching a very different game from the rest of us!

I was not. We didn’t test their keeper, we were gifted a goal and we were all over the place defensively. the amount of crosses we conceded was terrible and on another night cosgrove could have had 5 goals, luckily he has a 50p heid.

WheatfieldWarrior
36 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Didn't win a single world cup in his 3 years in the Scotland Job.

Guest ToqueJambo
11 minutes ago, MasterofDisaster said:

I was not. We didn’t test their keeper, we were gifted a goal and we were all over the place defensively. the amount of crosses we conceded was terrible and on another night cosgrove could have had 5 goals, luckily he has a 50p heid.

We hit the bar in the first few seconds FFS! Uche was pulled down when though and we should have had a penalty. The goal came from a good cross into a dangerous area where a player picked especially for this game just happened to be lurking. We had more possession, most shots on target and more corners. Aberdeen's two goals were gifts from us.

What does a tactical masterclass look like by the way and when have we ever seen one in Scotland that we should be expecting it at Hearts? Funnily enough the last game I can think of that genuinely meets the description, taking into account the opposition and the run they were on, was the 4-0 Celtic game when Levein explained his tactical thinking in a fair bit of detail.

Didn’t know that stat. Hold my hands up and say thats actually very impressive form. Now if we could get our league form to match it we’d have nothing to moan about