The Letter

200milesfromgorgie

Would you send this letter? (yet to be completed)  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Would you send this letter? (yet to be completed)

• Yes, its the cost of a stamp
    • NO, its the cost of a stamp.

Hope for the best? Or an insurance policy and a bus crash. ;)

I gave up thinking anything we do could make any difference a while back.

If Vlad wants to change, or decides it's right to change, he will. Until that time, I don't think anything any fans do will change his mind.....

Theres no way I could stand back and hope for the best, that's the problem with the Hearts support, too many folk moaning about the situation but do not care enough to try and change things

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JamboRobbo
Theres no way I could stand back and hope for the best, that's the problem with the Hearts support, too many folk moaning about the situation but do not care enough to try and change things

So what are you going to do about it then? :P

Big difference between not caring enough, and feeling that nothing you can do would make any difference - which is where I'm at.

Not a dig JR, but what do you think we should do???

That was my thought exactly.

I'm getting a bit fed up of folk writing things off and telling us what WONT work, without actually providing a hint of what they think WOULD work or WOULD have an impact.

The letter idea is great - but it will only REALLY make an impact if there seriously is thousands of them sent.

The other option i'd seriously consider would be a complete boycott of the motherwell game. It'd be a hard one to arrange given the number of folk that will want to be there for the first game of the season etc etc etc - but I think that would make the biggest statement of all.

9000 season ticket renewals tells one story, the fact that none (or hopefully very little) would be willing to turn up for something they've already paid for tells another story completely.

Again - the key is impact.... it'd need to have the backing of the majority of the support. If 10 - 11k still turn up for the first game, then the impact factor is lost.

Guest JamboRobbo
That was my thought exactly.

I'm getting a bit fed up of folk writing things off and telling us what WONT work, without actually providing a hint of what they think WOULD work or WOULD have an impact.

Apologies for having an opinion.

The letter idea is great - but it will only REALLY make an impact if there seriously is thousands of them sent.

The other option i'd seriously consider would be a complete boycott of the motherwell game. It'd be a hard one to arrange given the number of folk that will want to be there for the first game of the season etc etc etc - but I think that would make the biggest statement of all.

9000 season ticket renewals tells one story, the fact that none (or hopefully very little) would be willing to turn up for something they've already paid for tells another story completely.

Again - the key is impact.... it'd need to have the backing of the majority of the support. If 10 - 11k still turn up for the first game, then the impact factor is lost.

Nothing wrong with the letter. Was just voicing an opinion that it would make little difference IMO.

What do you suggest we do?

Maroon Mayhem

I think it's a well worded letter.

For maximum impact I would send it to Serjus Fedotovas at Tynecastle and also to VR at;

UAB Ūkio banko investicinė grupė

K. Donelaičio St. 60,

LT-44248

Kaunas

To get some PR, a group of Jambo's could invite some of the papers to a mass posting at a post office somewhere. This would only be feasible if at least 50 fans were in attendance.

Guest JamboRobbo
but surely voicing our concerns in this way MAY get him to communicate a little more at the very least.

Maybe.

My opinion, is that these concerns have been voiced to him a million and one times, by people in the club, by others in UBIG, by representatives of fans groups, and by individual fans, and have not changed his view one bit.

I can't help thinking if Jambo fans on here just did a little more in the way positve action and all pulled in the same direction it could be the start of rebuilding that 'Heart and soul' we have lost in recent seasons.

I can't help thinking it ain't the fans that are the cause of our problems......

The mans not an evil man, just stuborn.

I feel we can be splitting the old firm every season and maybe more. but moaning about it everyday dosent do any of us anygood.

We all wan't Hearts to be the best team they can.

Agree entirely.

200milesfromgorgie
I think it's a well worded letter.

For maximum impact I would send it to Serjus Fedotovas at Tynecastle and also to VR at;

UAB Ūkio banko investicinė grupė

K. Donelaičio St. 60,

LT-44248

Kaunas

To get some PR, a group of Jambo's could invite some of the papers to a mass posting at a post office somewhere. This would only be feasible if at least 50 fans were in attendance.

Great. i vote for 2 'mass postings' week 1 to tynie week 2 to Kaunas.

Its a shame for those knocking/doubting it. I understand why, everyone is allowed thier opinion.

However everyone jumping on board with ideas just makes it more obtainable.

thanks.

Apologies for having an opinion.

Nothing wrong with the letter. Was just voicing an opinion that it would make little difference IMO.

What do you suggest we do?

It wasnt a dig at your opinion. I have my doubts as to whether it would make a difference as well (see the part of my post which mentions we'd really need literally thousands to be sent) - but is there anything to lose in actually TRYING as opposed to just writing it off straight away and sitting back down doing nothing???

What do i suggest we do??? TRY...... as I say, nothing to lose.

Guest JamboRobbo
It wasnt a dig at your opinion. I have my doubts as to whether it would make a difference as well (see the part of my post which mentions we'd really need literally thousands to be sent) - but is there anything to lose in actually TRYING as opposed to just writing it off straight away and sitting back down doing nothing???

What do i suggest we do??? TRY...... as I say, nothing to lose.

Fair do's. :food-smiley-004:

200milesfromgorgie
Maybe.

My opinion, is that these concerns have been voiced to him a million and one times, by people in the club, by others in UBIG, by representatives of fans groups, and by individual fans, and have not changed his view one bit.

I can't help thinking it ain't the fans that are the cause of our problems......

Agree entirely.

sorry think i've not put my point across clearly there. I for one minute am not gonna blame or think the blame lays with the fans but this set up has split the fans (this post for example) causing child like fighting a divisions. Think we need to focus on getting back as a united front (does that sound right wing) so we can get the spirit that we know and love back into tynecastle.

Guest JamboRobbo
sorry think i've not put my point across clearly there. I for one minute am not gonna blame or think the blame lays with the fans but this set up has split the fans (this post for example) causing child like fighting a divisions. Think we need to focus on getting back as a united front (does that sound right wing) so we can get the spirit that we know and love back into tynecastle.

Agree the fans need to be united. Just don't think he cares what the fans think.

artfuldodger
Oooh a letter!! That'll show him! :eek: What use is this? It's like using a water pistol to kill an elephant. And the chances of it ever getting to Fudheed are pretty remote, more likely it will be picked up by one of his secretaries/henchmen and thrown in the bin.

mod delete!

im with you on some of wat you say we need to show him we wont backdown when it comes to a fight im not sure what action we could take (kidnap miko) the letter thing wont do any harm but i cant see him bothering his arse

Tokyo Drifter

Forget it. Time for negotiation is past. Protest is the only way forward. We need to organise. Start by boycotting the Hull City game.

First ever post on kickback, but I?ve used this user name on the Scotsman site.

Why don?t we have a 10-15 min demo on the day of the first home game starting at 3.00 and ending at 3.10/15? This could be repeated before every home game until things changed.

If enough people were to do it it would have a big visual impact which would be picked up by the TV cameras at kick off, it would cause a bit of disruption outside the ground and at 3.10/15 we could all go in a support the team.

It would need to be ?controlled? and those wanting to go in for kick off shouldn?t be stopped or shouted at. We could stand silent or protest, but would need to behave suitably so the stewards would have no reason to deny access. It would also mean the three access points would have separate protests for a bigger impact.

It would have more impact than leaving a game early as that can be associated to the teams? performance that day. But at the same time we could continue to support the team/players.

Could this work?

My main gripe with this is the letter itself to be honest.

We have tried the 'softy softly' approach too many times. Why is the letter a big arse kiss with only subtile overtones of discontent ? Surley we have exhausted this angle ? Why not just tell him what we feel?

I presume the main selling point of this idea is the amount of letters we send and not the context of the letters. But surly he would take notice of 3,000> letters of pure condemnation and a few harsh words rather than 3,000> letters of ego-massaging and a drop of "If you'd like Sir please give us our club back, but if not......that's cool too"

Regrettably things are getting to a desperate stage and I'd be happy to help with anything, however I believe that its now time we take the gloves off, instead of staying on our knees stroking his arse while gently giving his Michael Ballack a nip everytime he's naughty. It's clearly not working.

200milesfromgorgie

We have tried the 'softy softly' approach too many times. Why is the letter a big arse kiss with only subtile overtones of discontent ? Surley we have exhausted this angle ? Why not just tell him what we feel?

I presume the main selling point of this idea is the amount of letters we send and not the context of the letters. But surly he would take notice of 3,000> letters of pure condemnation and a few harsh words rather than 3,000> letters of ego-massaging and a drop of "If you'd like Sir please give us our club back, but if not......that's cool too"

Regrettably things are getting to a desperate stage and I'd be happy to help with anything, however I believe that its now time we take the gloves off, instead of staying on our knees stroking his arse while gently giving his Michael Ballack a nip everytime he's naughty. It's clearly not working.

If it dosen't work then fair enough. We approch it from a different direction. It's not gonna to be considerd 'softly softly' It thousands of letters turn up at tynie.

scott herbertson
Why does that say i'm a school kid? I'm at work......and 30. :mad:

It gives you a category according to the number of posts you've made

Enjoy it - you're only young twice!

:)

I think they would have to go to his bank in Lithuania.

Sending letters to VR c/o UBIG's HO would be better:

UAB Ūkio Banko Investicinė Grupė

K. Donelaičio St. 60

LT-44248 Kaunas

Lithuania

Although I suspect that his lackies will just bin unopened all letters with a UK stamp.

You can also clog up UBIG's server by sending emails to [email protected]

LarrysRightFoot

Personally I have been thinking about emailing the club for a few days now, I know my one email would not achieve anything but I just need to let them know how angry i am. So your idea of sending 10,000+ of this one letter sounds like a good idea to me and i would hope every other disgruntled hearts fan would take part in sending it because sitting back and doing nothing isnt doing us any good, at least this way vlad MIGHT take notice, Even if he doesnt i am willing to give it a try because, like all hearts fans, i love my club and cannot take much more of vlads shambolic management

On a side note, this was pretty much the subject of my dissertation -

You have certainly been the victim of, what has appeared to be at times, an almost xenophobic reaction from the press of this country. Certainly some journalists are worse in this respect than others, however, I have been ashamed as a Scotsman of the overall tone of much of the articles. I can certainly understand why you, therefore, choose to severely limit the access that the media are now given to our club and to your life.

So what are you going to do about it then? :P

Big difference between not caring enough, and feeling that nothing you can do would make any difference - which is where I'm at.

I will send the letter, attend a planned protest, I am more than happy to attend all supporters group meetings, although as I have said on numerous occasions I feel there are individuals who would do a far better job co-ordinating these than me, I along with few others gave time and money to SOH, I could never admit defaeat and risk losing the club I love.

Say What Again

I don't think there would be any problem getting the likes of the Sun or Record involved - it would be right up their street.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see this whole idea in one or both of their papers tomorrow or if the orignators of the idea were contacted by them via this site trying to organise something similar.

Boab Mugabe

Vlad,

Sign Big Ron Atkinson as gaffer and make Marcel Desailly his assistant.

Fax machines, golden sticks, men in pyjamas and wheelbarrow races entirely optional.

You know it makes sense.

Cheers

Sending an e-mail would potentially cause more grief. But only if we all sent them at the same time.

eihter that or all post a letter on teh same day.

Bigger problem is I'm sure 10,000 people don't read this site.

Darth Sidious

Email the letter.

CC to Ukios Bankas, UBIG HQ and Umbro. Crash all their sites with emails.

Whether the letter works or not, surely it's worth the price of a stamp to find out. I'm not entirly sure Vlad will pay any attention to the letter but it takes nothing for me to send it and it's better than sitting here waiting for Vlads next masterstroke for our club, the appointment of Sooty as our manager.

Drew Busby !

Its already been done, last season. Big Husref instigated something similar and if I recall (he can confirm..) got diddly squat back in return.

Writing it/sending it might make you feel better but thats about the extent of it.

200milesfromgorgie

939 people viewing this forum according to the front page. yet only 54 voters. thats a little odd.

Whether the letter works or not, surely it's worth the price of a stamp to find out. I'm not entirly sure Vlad will pay any attention to the letter but it takes nothing for me to send it and it's better than sitting here waiting for Vlads next masterstroke for our club, the appointment of Sooty as our manager.

Hah - I like it ... with Vlad's hand (or is that fist?) up his @rse?

Hah - I like it ... with Vlad's hand (or is that fist?) up his @rse?

Of course, you don't think he'd let anyone else take control of the management of our beloved club do you? They might not put sue and sweep into the game against motherwell - especially since Wolves appear to be after them as well.

Its already been done, last season. Big Husref instigated something similar and if I recall (he can confirm..) got diddly squat back in return.

Writing it/sending it might make you feel better but thats about the extent of it.

Correct.

Having said that, I think it does no harm whatsoever sending another letter, another two letters or another 3000 letters. Good luck to the OP, we went to the trouble of getting our letter translated into Russian prior to sending it and got someone that managed to put it to Romanov.

Sadly, we are running short on time and I do not see a huge amount happening through polite discussion.

I would be willing to send the letter, i'll give anything a try to get HIM to see sense.

Doubt it will work though :sad:

I personally think he's being to nice in the letter

Why are the fans scared to really say what they think to this dictator,just let rip and say what you eally feel :mad:

Boab Mugabe

If I was going to send my own letter there's no way I'd try and play nicey-nicey with him. It's clear that avenue will not work.

Time to play hardball, and the more extreme the measure we use to get our point accross the better as far as I'm concerned.

A big steaming jobby through his letterbox is one for starters... ;)

939 people viewing this forum according to the front page. yet only 54 voters. thats a little odd.

I reckon you'll find that's because like everything else that is suggested nobody has the balls or is bothered enough to do anything.

I am going to do this tomorrow, and I'll do it for every memeber of my family. I'll ensure all my jambo mates do the same. Now, if every Jambo was to do that, word would spread quickly enough.

I am going to try the email appraoch too, and I might even edit the letter slightly if you don't mind (op)?

The rest are probably hobo's pishing them selves at us or the tabloids creaming themselves at the state we're in.

Come on ... its a step in the right direction ...lets get the ball rolling!!

virgilhiltz

Correct.

The letters a joke to be honest.

Too much erse licking anecdotes when the man is practically ripping the pash.

Only 3 words required.

Rudolf's Mate
Demand what you want and tell him how it is going to be

and do not put a stamp on it make him payfor it on delivery

give him something more to chew on

Judging by what happened to the lady who sent in her season ticket money I say that would be playing into his hands! In case you didn't read it, her season ticket money was sent back as the full postage wasn't paid and they refused to pay it at the other end!

I like this idea better than doing feck all.

Still think sending letters/emails to Lithuanian paper would be better though.

Unlikely to get enough people on board to make it worth while though, like everything else :(

what about an open letter send it to every major paper and local and news stations get some attention let him really know that we aint mugs we want answers

what about an open letter send it to every major paper and local and news stations get some attention let him really know that we aint mugs we want answers

I like it.

One letter - yes has been done do death.

Getting hundreds of people to send the same letter- not heard of it been don. if i am wrong then please correct me.

Not read all the comments, but before sending any letter, you should spell check and proof read it and correct the grammatical mistakes.

Getting hundreds of people sending this letter, MIGHT keep the Royal Mail afloat for a few more days, and that can't be bad.:dribble:

200milesfromgorgie
Not read all the comments, but before sending any letter, you should spell check and proof read it and correct the grammatical mistakes.

Getting hundreds of people sending this letter, MIGHT keep the Royal Mail afloat for a few more days, and that can't be bad.:dribble:

haha if you had read them all then you would soon see why i'm not gonna proof read it!

got a d in english all them years ago. too much time skipping class to smoke doffers and drink cider.

Mods : out of interest is there a possibility you could send this to every KB member. That way it reaches everyone and not just those that are on to read the current threads today? The mmore jambo's (neutral's that care) that help us out the better!!

I think you're guilty of patronising Romanov. It's like you think he's thick and by brown nosing him a little bit you'll get him round to your way of thinking.

If you don't think he knows the fan's thoughts then you are kidding yourself.

The time to protest was an ORGANISED attempt to boycott season book renewals. A few snide comments on JKB don't count by the way. The fans groups should have been talking to anyone who would listen to make sure the message got across. No new manager - No season book renewals. I don't really believe it would have but it was the closest shot we had at making a statement.

We're out of options until at least season start now as far as i'm concerned.

Correct.

The letters a joke to be honest.

Too much erse licking anecdotes when the man is practically ripping the pash.

Only 3 words required.

Spot on... I have never read anything so arse licking in my life.

Skacel'sLeftFoot
The time to protest was an ORGANISED attempt to boycott season book renewals. A few snide comments on JKB don't count by the way. The fans groups should have been talking to anyone who would listen to make sure the message got across. No new manager - No season book renewals. I don't really believe it would have but it was the closest shot we had at making a statement.

We're out of options until at least season start now as far as i'm concerned.

Sad, but true, as it appears that only money matters to the businessman Mr Romanov. However, any positive action is welcome and although it may not do much good, it is unlikely to do any harm. I texted into to Simon Mayo's Radio Five Live programme a couple of weeks ago when they were discussing good and bad foreign owners. A short message about Vlad killing the club and picking the team etc. It got aired and me and Mayo are best pals now.

I bet Vlad was bricking it when he heard it.

robin hood jambo

As Vlad likes to communicate with the club by fax, perhaps we should clog up his machine by sending loads of copies of the letter to it!!

Archived