The Letter

200milesfromgorgie

Would you send this letter? (yet to be completed)  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Would you send this letter? (yet to be completed)

• Yes, its the cost of a stamp
    • NO, its the cost of a stamp.

200milesfromgorgie

Here is a letter myself and a few others wish to send to Hearts. In order to get across out cincerns to MR Romanov without resorting to action wich may cause damage to the clubs finances and onfiled performance. This 'collective' would like Hearts fans to unite in order to spell out to Mr Romanov how worrying these time are. He has done alot for us but now seems to be going in the wrongh direction for the club we could be.

This is by know means the finnished thin.

Big thanks to kevmacd for the first draft.

Please read, ideas welcome.

Dear Mr Romanov,

As a Hearts fan I would like to thank you for saving Hearts from, what seemed like, an almost certain demise. You arrived at our club at one of our lowest ebbs, cancelled the sale of the stadium and furnished our club with an exciting array of footballing talent, leading us to glory at a packed Hampden Stadium and on to a qualifying berth for the Champions League.

You truly showed us, and the rest of Scottish Football, the potential of our club to succeed on a bigger scale.

You have further backed this up with some incredibly exciting stadium plans, which has illustrated your incredible long term vision for the club. For all of this, I thank you from the bottom of my Hearts.

You have certainly been the victim of, what has appeared to be at times, an almost xenophobic reaction from the press of this country. Certainly some journalists are worse in this respect than others, however, I have been ashamed as a Scotsman of the overall tone of much of the articles. I can certainly understand why you, therefore, choose to severely limit the access that the media are now given to our club and to your life.

Unfortunately, in limiting the access of the press, you have also limited the access that I and my fellow fans are afforded to our club. This leads to a sort of group paranoia which feeds all sorts of conspiracy theories, which are not healthy to the club as a whole, to the fans as individuals, or to the relationship between us as fans and owner.

Further to this, your involvement with the playing staff of the club appears to have been detrimental to our mutual chances of success in recent seasons. Your apparent insistence on retaining this involvement now appears to have been detrimental to our managerial recruitment process. I do not wish to tell you how to do your job - you are, after all, a far wealthier and more successfull man than I - but I do think that the influence you wish to retain over the playing side of the club are doing you and the club more harm than good.

I write in the hope that, even if this is for some sort of 12 month experiment, even if you prove me wrong and we are equally unsuccessful without your influence, that you please allow the appointed management team of the club to perform their duties uninhindered. This is no more than the club board's statement of 1st January 2008 suggested you would do and so would not appear like anything other than you keeping your word.

If you fail to do this, then I cannot see how I can continue to offer my own financial support to a football club who's operating procedures appear so fatally flawed.

You may receive more than one letter of this type, containing wording very similar to my own, but I want you to know that this letter has been written to you as this fully expresses my current feelings.

Thank you for taking the time to read my letter - I wish you, and our club, every possible success

Who would send this or something along these lines?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dr. Bapswent
Here is a letter myself and a few others wish to send to Hearts. In order to get across out cincerns to MR Romanov without resorting to action wich may cause damage to the clubs finances and onfiled performance. This 'collective' would like Hearts fans to unite in order to spell out to Mr Romanov how worrying these time are. He has done alot for us but now seems to be going in the wrongh direction for the club we could be.

Dear Mr Romanov,

As a Hearts fan I would like to thank you for saving Hearts from, what seemed like, an almost certain demise. You arrived at our club at one of our lowest ebbs, cancelled the sale of the stadium and furnished our club with an exciting array of footballing talent, leading us to glory at a packed Hampden Stadium and on to a qualifying berth for the Champions League.

You truly showed us, and the rest of Scottish Football, the potential of our club to succeed on a bigger scale.

You have further backed this up with some incredibly exciting stadium plans, which has illustrated your incredible long term vision for the club. For all of this, I thank you from the bottom of my Hearts.

You have certainly been the victim of, what has appeared to be at times, an almost xenophobic reaction from the press of this country. Certainly some journalists are worse in this respect than others, however, I have been ashamed as a Scotsman of the overall tone of much of the articles. I can certainly understand why you, therefore, choose to severely limit the access that the media are now given to our club and to your life.

Unfortunately, in limiting the access of the press, you have also limited the access that I and my fellow fans are afforded to our club. This leads to a sort of group paranoia which feeds all sorts of conspiracy theories, which are not healthy to the club as a whole, to the fans as individuals, or to the relationship between us as fans and owner.

Further to this, your involvement with the playing staff of the club appears to have been detrimental to our mutual chances of success in recent seasons. Your apparent insistence on retaining this involvement now appears to have been detrimental to our managerial recruitment process. I do not wish to tell you how to do your job - you are, after all, a far wealthier and more successfull man than I - but I do think that the influence you wish to retain over the playing side of the club are doing you and the club more harm than good.

I write in the hope that, even if this is for some sort of 12 month experiment, even if you prove me wrong and we are equally unsuccessful without your influence, that you please allow the appointed management team of the club to perform their duties uninhindered. This is no more than the club board's statement of 1st January 2008 suggested you would do and so would not appear like anything other than you keeping your word.

If you fail to do this, then I cannot see how I can continue to offer my own financial support to a football club who's operating procedures appear so fatally flawed.

You may receive more than one letter of this type, containing wording very similar to my own, but I want you to know that this letter has been written to you as this fully expresses my current feelings.

Thank you for taking the time to read my letter - I wish you, and our club, every possible success

Pedantic I know, but this doesnt read right.

Dont like this. Id avoid discussing money at all.

The only other reservation I have is the mention of a 12 month experiment, this belittles the process entirely.

200milesfromgorgie
Pedantic I know, but this doesnt read right.

Dont like this. Id avoid discussing money at all.

The only other reservation I have is the mention of a 12 month experiment, this belittles the process entirely.

feel free to copy letter and cut the bits you don't like the repost.

thanks for the input.

Csaba's Broon Shoes

Demand what you want and tell him how it is going to be

and do not put a stamp on it make him payfor it on delivery

give him something more to chew on

Oooh a letter!! That'll show him! :eek: What use is this? It's like using a water pistol to kill an elephant. And the chances of it ever getting to Fudheed are pretty remote, more likely it will be picked up by one of his secretaries/henchmen and thrown in the bin.

mod delete

Dr. Bapswent
Demand what you want and tell him how it is going to be

and do not put a stamp on it make him payfor it on delivery

give him something more to chew on

And remove all chance of getting a reply.

Hmmm.

You might as well send him a photocopy of your erse.

Dr. Bapswent

Dear Mr Romanov,

You have further backed this up with some incredibly exciting stadium plans, which has illustrated your incredible long term vision for the club. For all of this, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Further to this, your involvement with the playing staff of the club appears to have been detrimental to our mutual chances of success in recent seasons. Your apparent insistence on retaining this involvement now appears to have been detrimental to our managerial recruitment process. I do not wish to tell you how to do your job - you are, after all, a more successful businessman than I - but I do think that the influence you wish to retain over the playing side of the club are doing you and the club more harm than good.

I write in the hope that, even if you prove me wrong and we are equally unsuccessful without your influence, that you please allow the appointed management team of the club to perform their duties uninhindered. This is no more than the club board's statement of 1st January 2008 suggested you would do and so would not appear like anything other than you keeping your word.

Simply edited the bits I dont think will be helpful.

IMO any letter would be the start of something and should not hope to seek to nail the entire issue in one fell swoop.

Any reply would be a huge leap forward, and therefore this is what should be aimed at, not a stern letter ticking him off.

gorgierules
Oooh a letter!! That'll show him! :eek: What use is this? It's like using a water pistol to kill an elephant. And the chances of it ever getting to Fudheed are pretty remote, more likely it will be picked up by one of his secretaries/henchmen and thrown in the bin.

mod delete!

Harsh, but hey. You have another idea.

It has been noted that this is not the first time this will be attempted. But we are looking for at least 10,000+ to be sent. Hopefully removing the chance of them being ignored.

If you do not want to send the letter then that is your choice. But please do not be-little the fans that want to at least try something.

200milesfromgorgie

mod delete!

very sad to hear.

Dr. Bapswent
Harsh, but hey. You have another idea.

It has been noted that this is not the first time this will be attempted. But we are looking for at least 10,000+ to be sent. Hopefully removing the chance of them being ignored.

If you do not want to send the letter then that is your choice. But please do not be-little the fans that want to at least try something.

Please do not use the word 'fans' when referring to such garbage as it belittles the real fans on this site.

gorgierules
Please do not use the word 'fans' when referring to such garbage as it belittles the real fans on this site.

So to be a real 'fan' is to sit on ones hands doing nowt. Therefore I am not a real fan, and you are?

please correct me if I am incorrect in my interpretation of your statement?

mod delete

I hate to say it but i agree with HOG on this one.

The letter to Vlad has been done to death,what is needed is some kind of demo at at tynie after a game where it makes headline news maybe then he will have to take notice.

Dr. Bapswent
So to be a real 'fan' is to sit on ones hands doing nowt. Therefore I am not a real fan, and you are?

please correct me if I am incorrect in my interpretation of your statement?

Im afraid you got it the wrong way round.

200milesfromgorgie
I hate to say it but i agree with HOG on this one.

The letter to Vlad has been done to death,what is needed is some kind of demo at at tynie after a game where it makes headline news maybe then he will have to take notice.

One letter - yes has been done do death.

Getting hundreds of people to send the same letter- not heard of it been don. if i am wrong then please correct me.

mod delete!

OK, you start, we'll join in

200milesfromgorgie
Simply edited the bits I dont think will be helpful.

IMO any letter would be the start of something and should not hope to seek to nail the entire issue in one fell swoop.

Any reply would be a huge leap forward, and therefore this is what should be aimed at, not a stern letter ticking him off.

think with those bits removed you've made it better. cheers.

gorgierules
Im afraid you got it the wrong way round.

So I am the fan and your not?

OK, so humour me then. Were your making a dig or not?

The Old Tolbooth

I didn't even read what was in the letter mate, because that's exactly what Vlad will do, in fact I'm quite confident that it won't even reach him, and if it does it will be changed to read something like

Dear Vlad, I think your wonderful and doing a great job, keep up the good work etc!

Corrupt to the core out club!

OK, so humour me then. We your making a dig or not?

The dig I think was aimed at HOG and not your good self

I didn't even read what was in the letter mate, because that's exactly what Vlad will do, in fact I'm quite confident that it won't even reach him, and if it does it will be changed to read something like

Dear Vlad, I think your wonderful and doing a great job, keep up the good work etc!

Corrupt to the core out club!

If we all send them, he would find it hard to ignore and this time we need to find a decent jounalist to cover this

mod delete!

Believe it or not.... enogh water pistols could kill an elephant.... an awful lot mind you.... but you get the idea

Dr. Bapswent

OK, so humour me then. Were your making a dig or not?

No, I was making the point at calling HOG a 'fan' for his ridiculous statement was an affront to other 'real' fans.

No dig at you or anyone else.

gorgierules
The dig I think was aimed at HOG and not your good self

Cheers Lou, I am still puzzled! lol

Dr. Bapswent
If we all send them, he would find it hard to ignore and this time we need to find a decent jounalist to cover this

Or he could get ****ed off and put them all in the bin, rather than take the time to read the one letter that mattered?

The Old Tolbooth

Apologies, I didn't realise the plan was for thousands of us to send a letter each as I didn't read the OP.

I'd certainly be happy to pay the price of a stamp and post it to him.

gorgierules
No, I was making the point at calling HOG a 'fan' for his ridiculous statement was an affront to other 'real' fans.

No dig at you or anyone else.

OK now I get you........

200milesfromgorgie
Believe it or not.... enogh water pistols could kill an elephant.... an awful lot mind you.... but you get the idea

just like Shawshank Redemption!

Or he could get ****ed off and put them all in the bin, rather than take the time to read the one letter that mattered?

True, but here's hoping he would see it via other channels, media, KB etc

Good luck

A lot of effort has previously gone into sending letters to Romanov and they have been ignored.

One letter - yes has been done do death.

Getting hundreds of people to send the same letter- not heard of it been don. if i am wrong then please correct me.

Not an expert on the contents of Vlads mail bag but i would assume he has had quite a few disgruntled fans letters over the past couple of years.

I also believe Mr Foulkes had one printed in the paper and i don;t remember that one working either.If i am wrong then please feel free to correct me.

Say What Again
You might as well send him a photocopy of your erse.

Done!

Who's with me? :P

Not an expert on the contents of Vlads mail bag but i would assume he has had quite a few disgruntled fans letters over the past couple of years.

I also believe Mr Foulkes had one printed in the paper and i don;t remember that one working either.If i am wrong then please feel free to correct me.

Correct

Deprivation of money through non-renewal of season tickets might have made him sit up a more though..... ;):(

gorgierules

I understand where ur coming from, however were looking for numbers in the region of 10,000+ to be sending the same letter. Not just a single one in a paper, or a few hundred from fans.

We could invade the pitch on the first day of the season with a pitch sized banner of the letter and I don't think he'd read it.

Correct

Deprivation of money through non-renewal of season tickets might have made him sit up a more though..... ;):(

I do agree with you mate and i held off as long as i could but i just couldn't bring myself to not be at tynie next season,it's the club i love not Vlad.

gorgie blizzard

I've printed off the letter and will make a few adjustments before sending it.

I can understand people being a wee bit apprehensive about sending this, or in fact any letter to Vlad, however if people feel as strong as they say they do then anything is worth a try (apart from maybe death threats etc :-) ).

It's better trying to do something and failing than do nothing at all I suppose!

By the way, without sounding daft, do I send the letter direct to Vlad at Tynecastle or does it have to be addressed to someone else first? No silly answers please although I'm sure I'll get a few! :)

gorgierules
We could invade the pitch on the first day of the season with a pitch sized banner of the letter and I don't think he'd read it.

You never know! lol ;)

200milesfromgorgie

becuase he wont be there;)

I understand where ur coming from, however were looking for numbers in the region of 10,000+ to be sending the same letter. Not just a single one in a paper, or a few hundred from fans.

I am willing to give anything a try but i just don't think it will make any difference to vlad.

Where would the letters get posted to?.

Guest JamboRobbo

Why exactly would that one letter matter more than all the other attempts.

Nice sentiment by the OP, and I'm not knocking it.

But I think it would acheive the square root of f all. Vlad ain't gonna change his ways cause of a letter. In fact, I just don't think he's gonna change his ways.

200milesfromgorgie
I am willing to give anything a try but i just don't think it will make any difference to vlad.

Where would the letters get posted to?.

Tynecastle. Then if we make no waves with that the following week we send them to his business adress in Kanus/or whatever city he is based in.

But I think it would acheive the square root of f all. Vlad ain't gonna change his ways cause of a letter. In fact, I just don't think he's gonna change his ways.

Not a dig JR, but what do you think we should do???

I do agree with you mate and i held off as long as i could but i just couldn't bring myself to not be at tynie next season,it's the club i love not Vlad.

Its a free world - I wasnt aiming criticism at you, it just seems to be the truth of the matter.

He listens to no-one but himself, and he is convinced he is right without question

gorgierules

This is not one letter. This is a request to all. To print of the same letter, and send to VLAD. In the hope he receives 10,000+ of the same letter and wanting the same thing.

Print it of for yourself, your parents, your kids, your mates, your grandparents, your future children.

All we ask is to print and send.

Guest JamboRobbo
Not a dig JR, but what do you think we should do???

Hope for the best? Or an insurance policy and a bus crash. ;)

I gave up thinking anything we do could make any difference a while back.

If Vlad wants to change, or decides it's right to change, he will. Until that time, I don't think anything any fans do will change his mind.....

Guest JamboRobbo
This is not one letter. This is a request to all. To print of the same letter, and send to VLAD. In the hope he receives 10,000+ of the same letter and wanting the same thing.

Print it of for yourself, your parents, your kids, your mates, your grandparents, your future children.

All we ask is to print and send.

Just to be clear, I'm not trying to knock your idea mate. Well done on the effort.

:food-smiley-004:

Tynecastle. Then if we make no waves with that the following week we send them to his business adress in Kanus/or whatever city he is based in.

I think they would have to go to his bank in Lithuania.

200milesfromgorgie

but surely voicing our concerns in this way MAY get him to communicate a little more at the very least.

I can't help thinking if Jambo fans on here just did a little more in the way positve action and all pulled in the same direction it could be the start of rebuilding that 'Heart and soul' we have lost in recent seasons.

The mans not an evil man, just stuborn.

I feel we can be splitting the old firm every season and maybe more. but moaning about it everyday dosent do any of us anygood.

We all wan't Hearts to be the best team they can.

Waste of a Stamp Mate, Not having a go at the letter itself and the Idea, But Vlad the Fudmonkey won't even get a sniff of it, His Puppets will have it/10,000+ Binned before it hits a desk!!

I don't have an alternative plan, so not much help there, Think HofG is maybe a WEE bit over the top, But, Nothing's going to influence the Lithuanian TW*T.He could'nt give a Flying **** About Hearts or the Supporters, It's going to His way or No Way!! :mad:

Archived