• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Sagan

• Marvin

• pettigrewsstylist

7 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Love getting one over the wife by beating the mutton munchers.

Really want to stop this horrible run we are on against the currant buns. Think we’ve lost 6/7 in a row against them. The LC semi would be a great time to stop the rot! 🇱🇻

Especially since we have never beaten them or the dead version of them at Hampden. Need to put that right.

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

Don't want to show off or anything but it predicted on this thread ages ago that Halkett would score.

Here's another prediction.  Given that we carelessly gave away the two penalties which kept them in the game, if it goes to penalties, we'll win.

:notworthy:

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Tactics were spot on. We took the game to Aberdeen from the first few seconds. This got the home crowd on our side and got Tynecastle rocking during an excellent opening period. We then gifted them two goals, especially the second, that were nothing to do with the way we played. The tactics to draw level were also spot on when pushing Halkett up, likewise the choice of penalty takers although the players may have decided that themselves. Aberdeen have some decent players but we restricted them to very few clear chances.

Starting selection was also spot on. The one change he made from Sunday resulted in our opening goal, and one of the subs scored the winning penalty. Great performance all round and very entertaining cup tie.

Give yourself a pat on the back Craig!  Although, interesting to see the difference in opinions between yours and the Sheep.  I suspect the  truth is somewhere in between.

Just now, tcjambo said:

Guy's an insane version of Le Juge

Said that after Sunday. He's an abomination of a player. Just a thug and well suited to them. 

2 hours ago, rick witter said:

The team set up is pish. 

Thats what you get when you play average players out of position and Levein can’t resist flicking around with the team!!!! 

He cant however do anything about the constant brain farts we have in every single match. 

We have gifted this to Aberdeen because the players are thick for want of a better word. 

No savvy whatsoever on the pitch and making it easy for the ref. 

😮😮😮😮😮

Loved that. McInnes was a joy to watch at the pen shootout 😂. Brilliant lads.

we can beat the newco. We will have 2 or 3 back by then and hopefully the rest will do us good before the semi.

looks like the squad have the fire in their belly back.

big round of applause for the Gorgie end during the shootout. 

1 minute ago, allyby said:

So it's OK to get to a final and don't win it, sorry mate but I care even if you don't.

It's often not even getting to the semi final stage that's a let down. We've reached a round now where we are not favourites to go through. That's ok, we've made it. Like last year's cup final

Just now, allyby said:

So it's OK to get to a final and don't win it, sorry mate but I care even if you don't.

I do care but what I don't care for is the lack of balance and reason. Wasn't CL' s fault Celtic beat us. Mixture of Zlamal, Berra and the ref. He's taken us to 3 semis and a final, recently. Fed up with the negativity. 

2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Loved that. McInnes was a joy to watch at the pen shootout 😂. Brilliant lads.

we can beat the newco. We will have 2 or 3 back by then and hopefully the rest will do us good before the semi.

looks like the squad have the fire in their belly back.

big round of applause for the Gorgie end during the shootout. 

Boys behind the goal were awesome. How cool was Whelan. Says hes not up to speed yet either. Uche said he isnt either

Diadora Van Basten
35 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Come from behind to win twice in 2 matches. Didn’t manage that once last season?

WE are getting through this.

I thought this as well team showing a bit of character now.

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

😮😮😮😮😮

All true. 

The decision making at the back in the first half was terrible. 

Pass after pass given away and also two pens. 

That cant be blamed on the manager to be fair. 

Second half we were woeful. 

Positives without doubt the performances of Uche and Whelan. 

Edited by rick witter

8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Tactics were spot on. We took the game to Aberdeen from the first few seconds. This got the home crowd on our side and got Tynecastle rocking during an excellent opening period. We then gifted them two goals, especially the second, that were nothing to do with the way we played. The tactics to draw level were also spot on when pushing Halkett up, likewise the choice of penalty takers although the players may have decided that themselves. Aberdeen have some decent players but we restricted them to very few clear chances.

Starting selection was also spot on. The one change he made from Sunday resulted in our opening goal, and one of the subs scored the winning penalty. Great performance all round and very entertaining cup tie.

That is maybe just a wee bit sunny Toque. We did start well, Uche was very unlucky but once again experienced players gave away cheap goals. Tbf our equaliser came from a shocking defensive header, cool finish though. First half we were the better team and did not deserve to be behind. 

Second half we were poorer and found it very difficult to create any clear cut opportunities. We also made a mess of good set piece situations. Aberdeen had chances (particularly the one that hit Mulraney in front of goal), tried to manage the game out and we scored from one of the only quality balls we delivered in the half. A draw was deserved on the first half display. 

Both teams were tired in extra time but Aberdeen looked slightly more dangerous. Actually thought the Morrison sub was clever as they were attacking mainly down the right and he didn't look threatening. 

Penalty shoot out was never in doubt! 

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Dons players tring to get their manager sacked lol

Sounds like they want the “Hun prick”, as they like to call him, out more than we do with CL.  They should be careful for what they wish for - he’s had them in top 2 or top 3 for God knows how many years in a row now.

Edit:  the fans I meant, not their players.

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

Atmosphere during the penalties tonight is where tynie comes into its own. Can’t underestimate the importance the fans have on outcomes when it’s close like that. 

1 minute ago, rick witter said:

All true. 

The decision making at the back in the first half was terrible. 

Pass after pass given away and also two pens. 

That cant be blamed on the manager to be fair. 

Second half we were woeful. 

Positives without doubt the performances of Uche and Whelan. 

What game did you watch? 

8 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Good first 30mins, meh after that.

Players kept going though.

Semi Final here we come.

I’d agree with that.

I’m not getting the ‘great performance’ some are lauding it as😂

Is this where we are after two seasons of mediocrity judging that as great?  As you say, a hard fought come back but again, some of our play for big parts of the game looked disjointed, lacking combination and lack of ideas.  Very stretched.

Fair bit of satisfaction though considering. They arseholes thought they were through long before the equaliser 😂

1 minute ago, OTT said:

I'm desperate to see everyone fit. 

Pereira 

Smith Halkett Souttar Hickey

Whelan Haring

Meshino Naismith Mulraney

Uche

:smugger:

Like that a lot! 

2 minutes ago, Jodami said:

That is maybe just a wee bit sunny Toque. We did start well, Uche was very unlucky but once again experienced players gave away cheap goals. Tbf our equaliser came from a shocking defensive header, cool finish though. First half we were the better team and did not deserve to be behind. 

Second half we were poorer and found it very difficult to create any clear cut opportunities. We also made a mess of good set piece situations. Aberdeen had chances (particularly the one that hit Mulraney in front of goal), tried to manage the game out and we scored from one of the only quality balls we delivered in the half. A draw was deserved on the first half display. 

Both teams were tired in extra time but Aberdeen looked slightly more dangerous. Actually thought the Morrison sub was clever as they were attacking mainly down the right and he didn't look threatening. 

Agree with some of that , not seen the first pen aside from at the time looked soft though. Second was a stonewaller. I thought we were the better team , Keena looked out his depth , Morrison off and Irving on was a good sub imo. Aberdeen looked dangerous when we let them which we need to stop doing with teams.

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Dare I whisper it... Any injuries tonight ?

Mcginn's penalty hit some poor ******* on the napper. 

Guest ToqueJambo
16 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Give yourself a pat on the back Craig!  Although, interesting to see the difference in opinions between yours and the Sheep.  I suspect the  truth is somewhere in between.

Didn't watch the game then?

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Agree with some of that , not seen the first pen aside from at the time looked soft though. Second was a stonewaller. I thought we were the better team , Keena looked out his depth , Morrison off and Irving on was a good sub imo. Aberdeen looked dangerous when we let them which we need to stop doing with teams.

It was soft but utterly avoidable. Initially we should have attacked the first ball before it got into the box and then Berra was clumsy. As soon as you touch a player in that situation you are taking a chance. 

33 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

November 2/3. No Europa League the week before so no repeat of last year's nonsense. Septic & Dangers will both get to play their Semis at home as usual 👍

33 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

2nd or 3rd November

32 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Weekend of 2/3 November 

both the ersecheeks due to players in Europe on the 6th. 

Cheers 👍

37 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

Hopefully not after a Europa league week. Can see some logistical problems with Celtic and Rangers both needing the same rest periods. Sure the Spfl will know how to best handle such a situation... 

An unusual display of common sense. 

45 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Rangers are beatable as well. 

Certainly are when you think of the team we should be able to put on the park.  What matters now though is that the players don't have more than 10 or 11 pints tonighr as Saturday is absolutely must win against st horrible.

One question just how did we not get a penalty or at least the Aberdeen player sent off when Uche was hauled back on the edge of the box..ref bottled it as he knew he would have to send the Aberdeen player off

We were not great but showed grit and determination (though in the first 35 mins we looked like a side who had rediscovered some confidence)

Halkett was very poor in the first half and given the run around by Cosgrove....got better as the match went on despite the goal not one of his better nights

Smith selected at left back to play behind Meshino and as soon as he went off moved to right back and Hickey to left back.

Craig clearly does not want 2 young players wide on the same side

Guest ToqueJambo
9 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Maybe but the Tynecastle crowd can make a huge difference either way. Folk have been wanting us to take the game to teams and we did that very well and were the much better team until the penalty. Contrastingly Aberdeen would have gone out wanting to frustrate us and get the crowd against us - we never let them. A team like Aberdeen are always going to be in the game and make some chances, but they never got going for extended periods and didn't really look like scoring from open play for me. We had more shots on target and a fair bit more possession so won the tactical battle for me.

14 minutes ago, OTT said:

Pereira 

Whelan Haring

Uche

Or 3 at the back with wingbacks  

Pereira 

Halkett Souttar Berra

Smith               Whelan Haring             Hickey            

Meshino Naismith 

Uche / Washington 

Also didn't we start tonights game with 3 at the back with smith on the right of the 3 and Mulraney at left wing back and Hickey at right wing back ? don't really see the problem with that given Hickey has played on the right before .

Edited by GingaNinja

10 minutes ago, OTT said:

Pereira 

Whelan Haring

Uche

Plus a bench from any of Walker, Washington, Damour, Clare, Irving who can all change a game if we are needing something different. 

When will the media describe aberdeen for what they are , a big physical, dirty shower of over rated cloggers . 

29 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Well at least everyone knows what sort of people you an Morgan are now :)

They seem alright to me. Just two blokes enjoying their team win and chatting to fellow Jambos. 

Graham Thomson
17 minutes ago, OTT said:

Pereira 

Whelan Haring

Uche

Now that team would take some stopping 👌👍 exciting times!

I'm still absolutely buzzing from that. What a night. I only decided I was going an hour before KO but so glad I did. Well done to the lads, never gave up. I think the happy train isn't far away from pulling into my station.....

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

One question just how did we not get a penalty or at least the Aberdeen player sent off when Uche was hauled back on the edge of the box..ref bottled it as he knew he would have to send the Aberdeen player off

We were not great but showed grit and determination (though in the first 35 mins we looked like a side who had rediscovered some confidence)

Halkett was very poor in the first half and given the run around by Cosgrove....got better as the match went on despite the goal not one of his better nights

Smith selected at left back to play behind Meshino and as soon as he went off moved to right back and Hickey to left back.

Craig clearly does not want 2 young players wide on the same side

Was it not more that we changed shape when Meshino came off? Went to 4 at the back with Hickey and Smith to FBs, same as vs Hibs?

I was disappointed Meshino went off but it worked out. he was everywhere. Almost too eager to get the ball at times, but his touch was better than anyone else on the pitch. The most dynamic player we've had for quite a while.

21 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I do care but what I don't care for is the lack of balance and reason. Wasn't CL' s fault Celtic beat us. Mixture of Zlamal, Berra and the ref. He's taken us to 3 semis and a final, recently. Fed up with the negativity. 

3 semi finals in a row, when did that last happen? You’re right about the negativity- finally turning a corner and you get moans about playing crap but winning. We just beat hibs away and knocked Aberdeen out the cup!!!

1 hour ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

That’s it, mate. A win away at St Mirren on sets us up very well. Players might be a bit tired after an emotional derby and an ET game tonight, though. 

Hopefully loads of Adrenalin pumping through tired muscles after two fantastic wins!!!