• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shed1874

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

• Last Laff

31 minutes ago, peebles jambo said:

Some strike, some celebration, is the guy a Jambo?, ifr he is he's just lived the dream

Think I read he’s from Kirkintilloch or just outside the Weege?

3 minutes ago, farin said:

Yep, Aaron went to St.Ninians school in Kirkintilloch. 

Was he there before he went to Celtic, as that is their performance school?  He spent a couple of years with Hearts before he went to them.

One of his coaches when he was first at Hearts told me that he was quiet, shy and unassuming and just did what was asked of him. I don't think's he's changed much.

Was battered around and fouled/bullied the whole game but kept bouncing back. His heart must have been pumping after that goal....!! 

been here before

Sat right infront of me aling with Andrew Irving at last weeks Battle of Meggetland/reserve game v St Mirren. He looks like you could snap him in half and I doubt he's started shaving yet given the bumfluff 😅

What a crazy experience it must be though to score the winning goal in a game like that then back to your mum and dads and in your bed by 10 as its a school night.

2 hours ago, peebles jambo said:

Some strike, some celebration, is the guy a Jambo?, ifr he is he's just lived the dream

You need to ask that when he wears 51 on his shirt?  :wink:

Amoruso_lets_it_run
12 hours ago, RobNox said:

You need to ask that when he wears 51 on his shirt?  :wink:

haha that's what I was thinking. Whoever he supported when he was a kid (arguably still is a kid!) he is certainly showing his true colours now!

15 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Dikamona’s celebration was even better imo. Love that big guy. ❤️

At full time Meshino ran right across the pitch to hug Hickey. Just arrived at the club but the lad knows what it means to pump the Hibs.

15 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

EFFZ0DAXYAEdNNr.jpeg

Foreign flag in the back ground. Hibs.....such an Edinburgh team eh...

Edited by Section Q

Watch the goal again and you'll see that he also has to adjust his body position before he gets to the ball to avoid running into the referee who tries to get out of his way. A class act.

GC 

jack D and coke
16 hours ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

The composure for a 17yr old is incredible. Looks as if he could play any position. Cracking player.

Delighted for him. A goal he’ll never forget 

Was talking about that last night. As you get older football becomes easier as you just calm down on the ball but Hickey already has that, great composure. 
I don’t like bumming him up too much I don’t want to see him start so brightly and then drift into mediocrity like so many before him. 
He needs to keep pushing himself and work hard. 
He can go far. 
He enjoyed that goal almost as much as me :lol: 

Interview on Hearts TV and Hickey is asked at the end by Phil if he is left or right footed. Conversation went along lines of:-

'I hit my volleys and half volleys with my left, but when I go for power I use my right'

'So you scored with your stronger foot foot'

'Er, no'

Seemed yesterday that when he was on the right hand side he liked to cut in on to the right, and when on the left, cut in on to his right.  Wonderful two footed player.

Edited by DETTY29

So which foot is his strongest? Still none the wiser.

He’s exceptional, like a Paolo Maldini , Phillip Lahm hybrid and to think he’s going to get even better, ****ing hell.

As as soon as he turns 18, we need to get him signed up on an extended deal.

29 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Heard weeks ago he'll be off to man city for £1.5m. No idea if there is any truth in this, please don't linch me.

No

If story is right that is an opening bid. 

£1.5m is a months wage for Stirling, nowhere near enough.  Hickey will be subject to bids in January I have no doubt but they will be much higher than £1.5m

IMHO his left peg is his stronger...noticed when playing on the right his preference to play with his left but tbh he is such an outstanding talent, I just hope we see him playing 100-150 games for us, to enjoy such a natural gifted young man wearing the strip, before he goes on to bigger things likely down south thereafter....

Pleasure to see him play for us and the joy he has brought himself, his family and us 😋😄🙄

Edited by GavK1012

49 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Heard weeks ago he'll be off to man city for £1.5m. No idea if there is any truth in this, please don't linch me.

£15m 👍 and loaned back with immediately would be nice

12 minutes ago, brux said:

£1.5m is a months wage for Stirling, nowhere near enough.  Hickey will be subject to bids in January I have no doubt but they will be much higher than £1.5m

This story broke when he had played 6 games. 

Once he's played 30 games it will hopefully be different 

Is this the guy who outplayed James Forest in a Scottish Cup Final at the age of 16? Posted at the time that I spent subsequent days bewildered at what I'd seen.  

Haven't been so excited about an individual Hearts player since Skacel.

As for being the youngest scorer against Hibs, didn't we start a young guy called Gordon Smith of all things at the Giro a few years ago and he scored.  He may not have been younger than Hickey of course.

Finally, can see Stevie launching a £100k bid in the next window.

Ask Aaron to take a penalty and you would soon find out which foot he prefers. From the times I've seen him play, he definitely favours his left peg.

Connor Smith is another who is comfortable using both feet, but will hit set pieces with his right foot. When he first came to Hearts he didn't have a preferred foot and would hit in-swinging corners with either foot depending on which side of the pitch he was on.

4 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Ask Aaron to take a penalty and you would soon find out which foot he prefers. From the times I've seen him play, he definitely favours his left peg.

Connor Smith is another who is comfortable using both feet, but will hit set pieces with his right foot. When he first came to Hearts he didn't have a preferred foot and would hit in-swinging corners with either foot depending on which side of the pitch he was on.

Well he hit post v East Fife losing us penalty shoot out.

https://www.skysports.com/football/east-fife-vs-hearts/416713 

Edited by Mikey1874

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Well he hit post v East Fife losing us penalty shoot out.

https://www.skysports.com/football/east-fife-vs-hearts/416713 

The link suggests he hit it with his right foot. I wasn't at the game, so I don't know for sure.  The link also suggests that Jake Mulraney hit his penalty with his right foot, so I wouldn't trust the writer on that one. 

13 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The link suggests he hit it with his right foot. I wasn't at the game, so I don't know for sure.  The link also suggests that Jake Mulraney hit his penalty with his right foot, so I wouldn't trust the writer on that one. 

Sure Hickey hit his penalty with his right foot, firm to keeper's left but easy height.

Can't rememeber about Mulraney.

Edit - East Fife let you register for free highlights and checked.  Correct about Hickey, Mulraney was left foot to (his) bottom left hand corner and keeper going the wrong way.

Edited by DETTY29

2 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

So which foot is his strongest? Still none the wiser.

He’s exceptional, like a Paolo Maldini , Phillip Lahm hybrid and to think he’s going to get even better, ****ing hell.

As as soon as he turns 18, we need to get him signed up on an extended deal.

We can offer him a 3 year deal now. You'd have to expect us to be thinking about it. 

3 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

We can offer him a 3 year deal now. You'd have to expect us to be thinking about it. 

The rumour (third hand info) I’ve heard, is that he’s knocked that back. It’s only info that people on here know more about than I though. I’ll leave it to them. 👍

2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

The rumour (third hand info) I’ve heard, is that he’s knocked that back. It’s only info that people on here know more about than I though. I’ll leave it to them. 👍

Hopefully Man City give us decent cash and let us have Meshino. :laugh:

2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

If that's our first offer, I'd be surprised if we hadn't tried to go in low due to his age. Probably a decent pay rise but nothing spectacular. In which case, I don't blame him for knocking it back. 

I'd hope if we offered him a deal worthy of a proper 1st team player, he'd consider it more seriously. 

1 minute ago, Normthebarman said:

If that's our first offer, I'd be surprised if we hadn't tried to go in low due to his age. Probably a decent pay rise but nothing spectacular. In which case, I don't blame him for knocking it back. 

I'd hope if we offered him a deal worthy of a proper 1st team player, he'd consider it more seriously. 

I don’t know. It’s not my rumour. I’m not particularly happy about it myself tbh. Best player we have produced since Gordon.

20 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

£10m and loan him back for 2 years along with a season long loan extension for Ryo.  15% sell on clause.