Hickey’s at the wheel

Beast Boy

On 27/09/2019 at 23:12, brux said:

I'm pretty sure he has always been a right back who can play left, very impressive that he plays it so well that people don't know it's not his natural position.

He's an attacking midfielder

Equaly as good with left or right.

Free kicks penalties right foot strikes at goal left foot.

Edited by shed1874

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shed1874

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

• Last Laff

The Future's Maroon
1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

What a load of utter pish, as revealed by the Sun, Man City and Southampton interested since August....yes the Man City interest has been since then (longer actually), Southampton only quoted in last few days (not true either).

Any shite to get the great unwashed interested in buying the rag.

As for The Rangers keeping tabs....stop it, I’m too old to laugh that hard

I hope for us and for the young lad he realises exposure and experience to 1st team football and being in an environment where he is already treated as a winner and boy with a serious future ahead of him if he continues to knuckle down, he stays and plays that 100-150 games before going down south or abroad. He is far too good potentially to consider playing in Scotland IF his progress continues over the next few years. 

The thought of that scuzzbag club profiting in any way though makes me angry and sad 😠😟

Being offered a contract of £1,000 per week?  Did I read that correctly?

Presume the article was in the cartoon page.

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

Being offered a contract of £1,000 per week?  Did I read that correctly?

Presume the article was in the cartoon page.

Nope Doug, you read correctly. If I was Hickeys dad I’d tell CL to Feck off. £1k a week is a slap in the face given his talent.   He should be on at least £4-£5k for his services. It’s not too much of an incentive to get him signed up.

Sack Maclean, renegotiate Berra’s extended deal, half his wages and give it all to AH as the youngster will make us money when he goes. We need to sell him when the time is right and not drop our pants to the first suitor who bats their eyes at us. 

Up the ante and pay the guy what he’s worth. We need him to extend his contract so we can get a top return on him when he eventually goes. He’s easily worth £10M in today’s market. Not right now but he will be the jewel in the crown for us. 

Can't help feeling he’ll end up at one of the Manchester clubs given the fact we’ve had favourable loan deals from them. 

30% sell on clause is a kick in the teeth though 

5 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Nope Doug, you read correctly. If I was Hickeys dad I’d tell CL to Feck off. £1k a week is a slap in the face given his talent.   He should be on at least £4-£5k for his services. It’s not too much of an incentive to get him signed up.

Sack Maclean, renegotiate Berra’s extended deal, half his wages and give it all to AH as the youngster will make us money when he goes. We need to sell him when the time is right and not drop our pants to the first suitor who bats their eyes at us. 

Up the ante and pay the guy what he’s worth. We need him to extend his contract so we can get a top return on him when he eventually goes. He’s easily worth £10M in today’s market. Not right now but he will be the jewel in the crown for us. 

Can't help feeling he’ll end up at one of the Manchester clubs given the fact we’ve had favourable loan deals from them. 

30% sell on clause is a kick in the teeth though 

I prefer not to believe the £1,000 a week.  I'd have thought we would be offering 7-10.

Bazzas right boot
39 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Will Clarke take a punt on him next week?

Clarke does not take punts. 

He's total football. 

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

I prefer not to believe the £1,000 a week.  I'd have thought we would be offering 7-10.

He's 17. No way should we be offering that sort of money because as good as he's been, we've seen only too well how youngsters development can stall. One injury can change the course of a career too. We dont have the resources to be carrying someone on £7k a week for years especially if they aren't contributing.

A sensible deal IMO would be about £1,500 - £2,000 a week with a written agreement that it is reviewed/increased if development progresses.

There’s no way we are offering him £1k a week.

that rag is hilarious. If it said today was Tuesday I would never believe them. 

Doug 7-10k a week bankrupts club, plus other youngsters nowhere near that. It may be he gets a bit of the pot when we sell him on, Timothy bit if true is not good, I always thought he got freed.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Just saw that 30% figure. Important then we get a good number for him. Or a part player exchange might piss off the manky mob

Heriot_jambo
16 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

How would there be a 30% sell on fee when he wasn't even on a professional contract with them ?

It can't be true, this is a player that was initially poached from us, it will just be made up to make Celtic look forward thinking. I hope

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, Heriot_jambo said:

It can't be true, this is a player that was initially poached from us, it will just be made up to make Celtic look forward thinking. I hope

That's exactly what I think also 

Unknown user
56 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

How would there be a 30% sell on fee when he wasn't even on a professional contract with them ?

I don't claim to know his contract situation at Celtic, but could development fees have been waived in exchange for a sell on?

15 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I don't claim to know his contract situation at Celtic, but could development fees have been waived in exchange for a sell on?

Most likely 

StirlingJambo
2 hours ago, Poseidon said:

He's 17. No way should we be offering that sort of money because as good as he's been, we've seen only too well how youngsters development can stall. One injury can change the course of a career too. We dont have the resources to be carrying someone on £7k a week for years especially if they aren't contributing.

A sensible deal IMO would be about £1,500 - £2,000 a week with a written agreement that it is reviewed/increased if development progresses.

The higher the wage he is on will affect the transfer fee we receive. I’d say put him on a big contact. He’ll probably not be here much longer anyway so would be worth it.

There has been confusing statements about Hickey's time at Celtic. Some suggested he was just there for a year. Others that it was 4 years, aged 12-16 after starting at Hearts. Seems the latter going by this. 

Edited by Mikey1874

3 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

In what alternate reality are we ever in a position to throw £10k a week at a 17 year old.

Hickey looks the business but a word of caution (or rather two), to those who already have him moving to the premiership for an 8 figure sum.... Harry Cochrane.

12 minutes ago, StirlingJambo said:

The higher the wage he is on will affect the transfer fee we receive. I’d say put him on a big contact. He’ll probably not be here much longer anyway so would be worth it.

We're limited on length of contract till he is 18.

Another 3 year contract seems to be the limit just now.

Finlay James

Celtic would only be due a fee or cut if we had bought him from them.  We didn't, Aaron chose to leave them to come back to Hearts as our set up is better and he would have a better chance to develop.

non story 

9 hours ago, jambostuart said:

Horrible mob. Where Hearts have waived fees and ripped up contracts for youngsters looking to progress, that bunch make sure to get a finger in any ****ing pie. Nae wonder Scottish football is up the pole when self interest rules all.

It's an interesting question. 

Maybe depends on how much clubs rate players. But I did think there was a convention of not putting barriers up for youngsters. 

But if he was at Celtic for 4 years it's fair enough they get something. 

9 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Celtic would only be due a fee or cut if we had bought him from them.  We didn't, Aaron chose to leave them to come back to Hearts as our set up is better and he would have a better chance to develop.

non story 

Which is what I thought. Time will tell. But be interesting if journalists or others had a look at all this. How youngsters move across clubs etc. Maybe a Sportsound special. 

Edited by Mikey1874

StirlingJambo
6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

We're limited on length of contract till he is 18.

Another 3 year contract seems to be the limit just now.

That’s right give him a 3 year contract on around the 2 grand mark then when he hits 18 and if he’s still improving at the rate he is I would try and get him on a 5 year contract on a big wage.

Adam_the_legend
3 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Doubtful even our highest paid players are on that kind of money, we won’t break our wage structure for a 17 yo, regardless of how good he is. 

Heartsofgold
2 hours ago, Poseidon said:

This,  100%.  Keeps his head out of the clouds but shows him that his he can make a shit ton of money IF he keeps progressing.

However, it sounds like he and his dad are pretty level headed so I'd like to think he will sign a new deal.

14 minutes ago, StirlingJambo said:

That’s right give him a 3 year contract on around the 2 grand mark then when he hits 18 and if he’s still improving at the rate he is I would try and get him on a 5 year contract on a big wage.

And that can be discussed with his Dad now. 

A full plan going forward. 

brunoatemyhamster

Sell him for 30 grand and ask for 50% of his next sell on fee. 

**** them. 

Or swap him. 

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

6 minutes ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

Sell him for 30 grand and ask for 50% of his next sell on fee. 

**** them. 

Or swap him. 

Like your thinking... Nominal transfer fee, with decent future add ons after certain number of appearances

Cheeky, but shrewd..

SuperstarSteve
1 hour ago, Finlay James said:

non story 

Although i’d love this to be true we got our development fee for Marc Leonard when he signed with Brighton. He wasn’t sold as far as I’m aware as his first pro contract was with Brighton. 

Finlay James
8 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Although i’d love this to be true we got our development fee for Marc Leonard when he signed with Brighton. He wasn’t sold as far as I’m aware as his first pro contract was with Brighton. 

Im pretty sure we got a fee for Leonard.  We've also been offered fairly big sums for Cochrane, McDonald and Smith, even before they signed their pro-contracts.

SuperstarSteve
19 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Im pretty sure we got a fee for Leonard.  We've also been offered fairly big sums for Cochrane, McDonald and Smith, even before they signed their pro-contracts.

We got the development fee did we not? Your possibly right as we defiantly got money I just assumed it was a development fee. We were due Celtic a development fee but they waived it in return for the 30% clause by sounds of it. 

A don’t know how true that is but seems more than plausible, we waived holts development fee so he could sign for rangers, I’m happy to be wrong as would rather they got nothing. 

Edited by SuperstarSteve

30% sell on fee, really!?  

This needs clarified by the club, one way or the other.  If it is true and we had the option of a small composition fee then it is really been badly mismanaged. I'll probably get pelters for being negative and having a go at Levein, I am not, if it were any management structure overseen by someone other than him it would still be poorly dealt with.

We need foresight and forward thinking and planning, not standing still in any department of the club, especially the football side.

brunoatemyhamster
55 minutes ago, Jambo83 said:

Like your thinking... Nominal transfer fee, with decent future add ons after certain number of appearances

Cheeky, but shrewd..

Taste of their own medicine. 

Business is business. 

SuperstarSteve
5 minutes ago, on&up2017 said:

This needs clarified by the club, one way or the other.  If it is true and we had the option of a small composition fee then it is really been badly mismanaged. I'll probably get pelters for being negative and having a go at Levein, I am not, if it were any management structure overseen by someone other than him it would still be poorly dealt with.

We need foresight and forward thinking and planning, not standing still in any department of the club, especially the football side.

My question is why would happily pay money for wighton but not hickey? 

That’s a massive blunder as it doesn’t take a genius to work out who has better potential. Albeit I keep hearing wighton is nothing short of incredible in training. 

letsalldothebeattie

Lets be thankful those wanting to give Hickey 10k aren't running the club we'd be back to admin in no time if they were doing negotiations for new contracts with our players

3 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Lets be thankful those wanting to give Hickey 10k aren't running the club we'd be back to admin in no time if they were doing negotiations for new contracts with our players

Yes because the club didn’t benefit from giving Craig Gordon, the last player with this amount of potential, a massive wage rise.  The last thing we need it the player to give the excuse he wasn’t valued or wanted enough when his head will be spinning all over the place. 

4 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

My question is why would happily pay money for wighton but not hickey? 

That’s a massive blunder as it doesn’t take a genius to work out who has better potential. Albeit I keep hearing wighton is nothing short of incredible in training. 

Absolutely. One of many huge blunders that is costing us in many ways, the amount of waste is indefensible. Money from us, the support is being pissed away in the gutter. That for me is as much, if not more of an issue than the current team on the park, football played and results gleaned.

16 minutes ago, on&up2017 said:

Why does the club need to clarify the details of a 17 year old's contract on the back of a story in the Record and Sun??!!

6 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

Why does the club need to clarify the details of a 17 year old's contract on the back of a story in the Record and Sun??!!

Short answer. It doesn't and shouldn't.

letsalldothebeattie
12 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Yes because the club didn’t benefit from giving Craig Gordon, the last player with this amount of potential, a massive wage rise.  The last thing we need it the player to give the excuse he wasn’t valued or wanted enough when his head will be spinning all over the place. 

I get Aaron has the potential and could go all the way in the game but im not comfortable with throwing big money at him, he has just come into the team, the lad is on a couple hundred a week if that to then go a throw 10k at him a week is excessive and turning us into the English clubs. 1-2k a week no more is sensible and if we need to after that up it to another sensible amount