An original blue denim jaiskit

Sagan

18 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

You probably believe that,  but to people who aren't from Edinburgh,  that's pretty much exactly how folk from Edinburgh sound. 

O wad some Pow'r the giftie gie us
To see oursels as ithers see us!

So the equivalent of me doing a bad Geordie accent and thinking it's spot on then?

A Boy Named Crow
4 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

So the equivalent of me doing a bad Geordie accent and thinking it's spot on then?

No, my point is this isn't a "bad" Edinburgh accent. To the rest of the world,  it sounds about right. People usually can't hear their own accents.

Edited by A Boy Named Crow

9 hours ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

No, my point is this isn't a "bad" Edinburgh accent. To the rest of the world,  it sounds about right. People usually can't hear their own accents.

That is my point though. My Geordie accent sounds like a fantastic imitation to anyone else. But a Geordie would have me sussed in seconds, because I don't sound like an actual Geordie.

A Boy Named Crow
1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

That is my point though. My Geordie accent sounds like a fantastic imitation to anyone else. But a Geordie would have me sussed in seconds, because I don't sound like an actual Geordie.

Ok