• sadj

• Sagan

• Maroon Sailor

• Bridge of Djoum

1 minute ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Imagine how good he could be surrounded by some football players?🙁

1 minute ago, Gizmo said:

Whelan definitely enjoying this. 

The ball early to try and find Meshi was some vision. He is just proper composed. Clare nice wee run there but just too much to do with nae support and hibs players diving in. He needs to play like that , Mulraney needs to drive a ****ing cross we should of had a fair few shots how weve played and is it not zero?

Just now, Maroonjam said:

Annoyingly we have wasted some great positions by piss poor crosses or losing the ball when a simple pass is on. This shite are there for the taking!!! 

yep..had much more possession than i thought we'd have

Just now, hearts00 said:

The stats are we have the least shots on target in the league and the second least shots full stop. 

Another half with no shots. 

And Hibs have had more shots on goal against them in the SPL.....which highlights our lack of bite.

This performance was in the post after Levein’s chat about trying to nullify Hibs. 

Playing for a NIL-NIL against the worst Hibs team in the past few years. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

Given what we did last week, this is much better.

However, that is more an indication of how stinking we were last week.

Smith, Whelan and Hickey the standouts although Hickey needs to learn how to cross.

2 minutes ago, Super_Hans said:

Our play out of defence and around midfield has been decent at times. 

The final third though, my God. Atrocious. Shocking we haven't tested this keeper. 

Yep, we've been the better side easily. 

If we could cross a ball we'd be cruising. 

Here......

We’ve actually been very tidy in possession and apart from a shaky opening 10 or so, where hibs got a bit of joy in behind Mulraney and Hickey, we’ve been comfortable. Plenty to build on there and for once I am not totally discouraged with what I’ve seen. Uche is isolated but that’s to be expected playing the formation we are but if we keep getting into the positions we have been then we’ll get a chance. 

15 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

Other than giving the ball away once and a poor header I don’t see why folk are hating on Clare 🤷‍♂️

What annoys me most is his work when not got the ball, a man goes past him and he as good as stops. It’s like playing with 10 men 

BRAVEHEART1874

Am I the only one that can see how terrible or crossing is? Hibs are kack we are letting them of by not getting decent crosses in from both sides of the pitch 

Samuel Camazzola
1 minute ago, annushorribilis III said:

Not much better where it matters from Hearts. Uche has disappeared, Mulraney is useless and CM is woeful. There's just no quality in this team.

No creative quality. Whelan is too good for this level and Uche seems to use energy in the wrong areas. 

Would prefer to see Mulraney and Hickey switch as Stevenson would be exposed big time and Hickey would get better deliveries from the left. 

The fear here is our capacity to concede a comedy goal from a mistake, even against a team as bad as Hibs. We need to score in the second half. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Morrison for Mulraney please (if we’re going to insist on width).  Swap Hickey over to the left.

Not a bad shout but Morrison can't cross either.

2 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Also...watching the game.....AND listening to Walker......it's worse than standing barefoot on lego

Is he doing the Hearts TV co-commentary today?

3 minutes ago, Super_Hans said:

Our play out of defence and around midfield has been decent at times. 

The final third though, my God. Atrocious. Shocking we haven't tested this keeper. 

Yup. That's the way I see it.  Our crosses have been awful, from both sides of the park.

Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Not a bad shout but Morrison can't cross either.

Plays with more urgency, and likes to cut inside. Mulraney has one trick and it’s shite.

So many players missing the absolute basics needed to play professionally. How has it got this bad?

Halkett and Meshino at least look capable of doing something positive. 

The Future's Maroon

I think we are doing alright, just need to improve in final third, they look pish but dangerous on counter.

Whelan playing well, Clare improved after poor start and Meshino looks the one to have the spark to create something.

Id say we are the better team but you can see both teams are lacking confidence.

2 minutes ago, Maroonjam said:

Annoyingly we have wasted some great positions by piss poor crosses or losing the ball when a simple pass is on. This shite are there for the taking!!! 

This , this and even more this

2 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Also...watching the game.....AND listening to Walker......it's worse than standing barefoot on lego

Perfect description

Just now, Gashauskis9 said:

Plays with more urgency, and likes to cut inside. Mulraney has one trick and it’s shite.

Is shite crossing a trick?

I agree, at least Morrison could bring something different as we dont get enough men in the box for a wide man to pick someone out with a cross.

What’s with the long throughs? And Mulraney if he had end product he’d be a player. Big uche no good enough either he looked gubbed after the first 5 minutes and his movement when in the final 3rd is terrible. I would through on keena second half can’t be any worse.

The tactics are fecking wrong yet again, 

You've got 1 striker on the pitch and you're trying to whip the ball in from the wide areas. 

1 striker versus 3 or 4 hibs defenders. 

Mulraney needs to start cutting inside and running at folk, Get a shot off or put someone else through. 

Good to see the real playing it oout from the back, Halkett is so comfortable on the ball, Whelan is always available & assured, plenty of balls going out wide, but nothing in the forward area, bar a bit of meshino magic.. 

gotta hope that someone takes a chance on second half 

1 minute ago, BRAVEHEART1874 said:

Am I the only one that can see how terrible or crossing is? Hibs are kack we are letting them of by not getting decent crosses in from both sides of the pitch 

Mate, we've all mentioned it throughout the first half! 

Our style of play 100% relies on good crosses going in - but Hickey and Mulraney aren't providing them. Which is a shame as we are getting players into positions. We are tidy and try to play but have all the cutting edge of a grape. 

Pathetic from the children once again. 

Clare makes ONE bad pass IN THE HIBS HALF and they're slating him.

Meanwhile Mulraney has been in several great positions out wide and hasn't made a single decent cross into the box.

Please just give it a rest!

As usual, were the only ones trying play football.  If our accuracy in the final third was better, we would be ahead.

Meshino, Hickey, Whelan & Halkett all doing well.  If we can up the tempo, we'll win this with something to spare.

Whelan strolling it.

Unfortunately absolutely predictable final third display. No creativity, style or individuality. Looking good for the point he's clearly here for.

Mulraney final cross utter woeful. 

Were looking steady enough but next to zero quality.  

Whelan strolling this is good to see.  

Come on hearts pick it up 2nd half! Hibs equally as poor- game is there to be won.