Sunday at 15:11

dannymack

A sold out South Stand singing the 'Bobby Prentice Song' on 11 minutes* for the whole 60 seconds just to take our minds off the current situation. 

YES or NO ?

*No11 shirt number. 

IMG_20190916_175215.jpg

This happens in Spain was at the Cartagena fc game the other week and they gave a minutes applause to a former player  ( no 22 ) in the twenty second minute  who had died with his photo up on the big screen.

been here before
15 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

I like that idea. Far more appealing, with all due respect, than applauding some random Hearts fan in the 76th minute etc 

And thats just the reason I said no. Have a minutes applause before the start of the next home game but these minutes applauses etc posted on Facebook for my Great Aunt Jeanies neighbours dug who died at 19 year old and would bark when Hearts used to score just dilute the meaning of the ones that are perhaps more significant for the Club.

You see it at pretty much every game these days. A ripple of applause breaks out at X minutes, folk look at each other and slowly join in at the same time a having the conversation along the lines of "whats this one for?". "No sure, is it mibbe the boy in the paper that done that thing now he's dead. I dinnae ken".

8 minutes ago, JyTees said:

Why? Because you won't be there? 🤔

Why wouldnt I be there?

Edited by been here before

6 minutes ago, been here before said:

And thats just the reason I said no. Have a minutes applause before the start of the next home game but these minutes applauses etc posted on Facebook for my Great Aunt Jeanies neighbours dug who died at 19 year old and would bark when Hearts used to score just dilute the meaning of the ones that are perhaps more significant for the Club.

He’s a former player, though and someone is suggesting a song that used to be sung when he played. I’ll just be glad if we’re in a singing mood in the 11th minute on Sunday. 😀

How significant do you want him to be? 

Totally with you on your point, btw.

Edited by Shaggy2

9 minutes ago, been here before said:

You see it at pretty much every game these days. A ripple of applause breaks out at X minutes, folk look at each other and slowly join in at the same time a having the conversation along the lines of "whats this one for?". "No sure, is it mibbe the boy in the paper that done that thing now he's dead. I dinnae ken".

Why wouldnt I be there?

Because everyone who disagrees with him on here doesn’t go to games. 🙄

Forever Hearts
11 minutes ago, been here before said:

Why wouldnt I be there?

He's a former player, and a very good one at that. Entirely different from applauding a run of the mill Jambo. 

been here before
Just now, Forever Hearts said:

He's a former player, and a very good one at that. Entirely different from applauding a run of the mill Jambo. 

Which is the point Im making.

been here before
2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

So do you want an applause for Bobby or not? 

Before the next home game, yes. 

11 mins into the game on Sunday nah, its naff and dilutes its significance. 

Ive already said that so Im not sure whats difficult for you that you have to ask. 

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, been here before said:

Ive already said that so Im not sure whats difficult for you that you have to ask. 

You went off track about your aunties dug and I kinda lost interest in your post. 

2 minutes ago, been here before said:

There will be a tribute at the next game but why shouldn’t the Hearts support do a tribute on Sunday ? Nice touch if you ask me.

20 minutes ago, been here before said:

Why wouldnt I be there?

Agree with the general gist of your post. 

Disagree about not doing this for Bobby Prentice.

All a personal choice though. 

been here before
5 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Nah, you laboured your point and I lost interest. It happens. 

Sorry. Ill make it more Rangers-centric the next time. Should be right up your street.

Just now, been here before said:

Not really. Read the reason.

Im not saying not to do it- bash in if you like. Im saying he deserves a bit better which Im sure he'll get in due course.

You have a bit of i8 about you...

been here before
4 minutes ago, maroon66 said:

So when did singing about a past player become naff? Our support is absolutely shite a times. I despair. 

Aye, thats right. Thats exactly what Im saying.

6 minutes ago, maroon66 said:

So when did singing about a past player become naff? Our support is absolutely shite a times. I despair. 

TBF it’s only 1 person who seems to only want to take part in something officially sanctioned by the club. 

Seems a strange contrarian point of view but that’s their choice I guess. 

1 hour ago, dannymack said:

A sold out South Stand singing the 'Bobby Prentice Song' on 11 minutes* for the whole 60 seconds just to take our minds off the current situation. 

YES or NO ?

*No11 shirt number. 

IMG_20190916_175215.jpg

Could do but next Wed night at Tynie is the appropriate place and time of the week. Can well remember him having a couple of pints in the Tynecastle arms before a midweek game. 

Stephen Muddie

Do you know what? I started following Hearts properly in the 93-94 season, and I've heard his song sung (and joined in) many a time since then. I don't think it's at all "naff", although it's definitely a fairly uncommon phenomenon which should bear testament to how fondly he is remembered by so many who saw him.

Edited by Stephen Muddie

part_time_jambo
38 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

You went off track about your aunties dug and I kinda lost interest in your post. 

I read all 6 lines all the way to the end and thought it was quite amusing ( with all due respect to the deid dug, obviously).

Edited by part_time_jambo

Glamorgan Jambo

Fantastic idea. Singing a well respected players song is not at all like a minutes applause. Besides Rab pulled us out of the mire with a late equaliser there on one of my first visits to that dump. 

Dagger Is Back
1 hour ago, been here before said:

No.

Really didn’t expect that response on a Hearts forum for Hearts fans.

Still the last few years have been a bit of an eye opener.

I’m not there on Sunday but I can’t believe any Hearts fans not taking the opportunity to show their respects

Forever Hearts
54 minutes ago, been here before said:

Sorry. Ill make it more Rangers-centric the next time. Should be right up your street.

Originality definitely isn't your strong point. 

If I could be there (I’d love to be), I would certainly want this to happen.

Bobby was an absolute boyhood hero of mine.

For every single Hearts fan that's agreed to sing the song in recognition for a very popular player back in a day.... 

I'LL SEE AND HEAR YOU ALL BEHIND THE GOALS. 

2 hours ago, grumpyespana said:

This happens in Spain was at the Cartagena fc game the other week and they gave a minutes applause to a former player  ( no 22 ) in the twenty second minute  who had died with his photo up on the big screen.

Weve no got a big screen yet ,or that would have been a lovely gesture to mr prentice ,,rip  sir......🇱🇻🇶🇦🇱🇻🇶🇦🇱🇻🇶🇦🇱🇻🇶🇦🇱🇻

2 hours ago, been here before said:

No.

I fully respect your decision NOT to sing the Bobby Prentice Song' on the 11th minute past the 15th hour in recognition of a Heart of Midlothian great. 

I'm sure you won't mind if other occupants of the South Stand/Dunbar End choose to acknowledge the man for his exploits in the famous maroon shirt during a very difficult period in the history of the club.

I'm attending the match and I full expect the Hearts fans to create an atmosphere down there, I'd be really disappointed if they dont

IMG_20190916_175157.png

2 hours ago, dannymack said:

YES or NO ?

*No11 shirt number. 

IMG_20190916_175215.jpg

What is the song?

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Could do but next Wed night at Tynie is the appropriate place and time of the week. Can well remember him having a couple of pints in the Tynecastle arms before a midweek game. 

Presume Bobby wasn't playing that night 😉