Jump to content
Smith's right boot

*** Heart Of Midlothian fc v Motherwell fc Official Matchday thread ***

Recommended Posts

Leveins Battalion

Hahaha that line up is terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
allystrachan

That team is stinking! Doyle, Maclean & Uche are not the standard I expect for a hearts team & will not be good enough to claim European football. 

 

Even if they win win today that’s a shit lineup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DarioHMFC
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

 

If Levein even thinks about saying this then I will explode 😂

 

I certainly would not have him in the dugout for the derby if he did. 

I doubt he’d actually say it though but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was in his thoughts while picking the team today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Davie Deans said:

 

I guess you’ll find out in an hour or so.

 

Smith starts. The rest as you’d expect.

Welcome to the forum craig levein.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hercules
3 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Things have got that bad that I’m happy to see Morrison back.

As bad as things are , I don’t think I could ever be that happy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
qferryjam
9 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

 

Baffling. Utterly baffling

That’s it FFS THIS IS LEVEIN TROLLING US IT MUST BE , no other reason for having Maclean and Brandon on from the start 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dsk1210

There is never any consistency in team line up, it's really starting to do my head in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GinRummy
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

 

I wasn’t aware he was injured again either. 

 

Be getting saved for hibs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nookie Bear
Just now, DarioHMFC said:

I doubt he’d actually say it though but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was in his thoughts while picking the team today. 

 

He’s that arrogant he would say it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8skacel8

Brandon is a liability and will definitely get booked and potentially sent off. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robbo-Jambo
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

 

If Levein even thinks about saying this then I will explode 😂

 

I certainly would not have him in the dugout for the derby if he did. 

He should be more concerned about getting 3 points today rather than next week. 

 

Obviously knows if we feck up today his job is safe for the derby. ☹️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
upgotheheads
10 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

Team selection is a bit perplexing but things haven’t been working so maybe a change is needed. Mon the Jambos 🇱🇻

A team with the next two weeks in mind.

 

1 minute ago, 22games nro said:

Well , that’s a team line up that the manager is obviously thinking about NEXT WEEKS GAME !!!

👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bridge of Djoum

Baffling line up. 

 

Still, get right behind the team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gordon Ramsay

Brandon is one of the worst footballers in Scotland. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
busby1985

An Absolute classic Levein “you won’t tell me what to do” side. Utter dross. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nookie Bear
14 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

Hearts have now took the picture off Facebook that was showing the team.

 

Maybe Budge threatened Levein with an indefinite ban for posting such filth on social media. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
neilnunb
1 minute ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

He should be more concerned about getting 3 points today rather than next week. 

 

 

Exactly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tasavallan

I am presuming there is method in his madness, but I cannot fathom it out.

 

HHGH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
heartsfc_fan

Man alive...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hungry hippo

Washington out is the only surprising omission assuming Smith isn't considered fit enough to start.

 

I don't see the claims that the team has been picked for the following game other than that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Back to 2005

Levein doing his utmost to get a redundancy package.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CJGJ
17 minutes ago, 5jambo1 said:

I know some are injured and unfit etc but No Naismith, Washington, walker or meshino. Arguably our four best attacking players. I don’t see a lot of goals....

 

could be be an interesting afternoon 

2 are injured, Washington is just back from international duty and Meshino should be eased in to the side..perfect sense not to have any of them playing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jamhammer
7 minutes ago, 22games nro said:

Well , that’s a team line up that the manager is obviously thinking about NEXT WEEKS GAME !!!

Zero pressure felt by him obviously 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gorgieshed

Strange line up but we should have enough to get the win. Defence and keeper gives me the fear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheBigO

Why no Washington?! Weird. Naismith still out. Shit. And no White on bench but Smith is. Surely with a muscle injury, you're fit or you aren't. If he is, he plays. No?

 

Oh well. Lets see.

 

Im struggling to get to games at mo, so will be stream searching

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robbo-Jambo
Just now, Jamhammer said:

Zero pressure felt by him obviously 

Safe as **** that's why. 😏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i8hibsh

Brandon

 

:vrface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
qferryjam
7 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

Brandon is a liability and will definitely get booked and potentially sent off. 

 

Playing against Sedorf who was electric last week Brandon won’t last 90 mins 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
upgotheheads
Just now, TheBigO said:

Why no Washington?! Weird. Naismith still out. Shit. And no White on bench but Smith is. Surely with a muscle injury, you're fit or you aren't. If he is, he plays. No?

 

Oh well. Lets see.

 

Im struggling to get to games at mo, so will be stream searching

Try hesgoal

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GinRummy
1 minute ago, Hungry hippo said:

Washington out is the only surprising omission assuming Smith isn't considered fit enough to start.

 

I don't see the claims that the team has been picked for the following game other than that one.

 

Have a look at who starts next week.

 

Then  look at the side that plays the game before the next derby. Then look at the side who starts the next derby.

 

You will begin to see a pattern.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlphonseCapone

I know it's risky to slag the team selection before the game as you might end up looking stupid, but I'd be lying if I said that team made me feeling anything other than meh. 

 

And folk saying maybe he's thinking about the Hibs game. What absolute shite. Resting players 8 days in advance of a game? Maybe they need to toughen the **** up if that's the case. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
King prawn

If they put Seedorf up against Brandon we’re in for a long afternoon. 

 

Hickey made him look like a speedboat without a rudder but Brandon’s positional sense is no where near as good - he’ll bring him down early and be on a yellow for the remainder of the afternoon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
busby1985

Long ball, knock down central today. When in doubt, hoof it out. Protest will be fun now tho I’d imagine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wallace_mercer

Surprising line up but hope we get the three points 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RS86
1 minute ago, Hungry hippo said:

Washington out is the only surprising omission assuming Smith isn't considered fit enough to start.

 

I don't see the claims that the team has been picked for the following game other than that one.

 

Agree. Midfield is the same, Brandon is back up for Smith so not sure why people would be surprised to see him replace Smith who isn't fit. Would assume setting up as 442

 

MacLean starting over Washington is the only one i'm not sure about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
upgotheheads
Just now, AlphonseCapone said:

I know it's risky to slag the team selection before the game as you might end up looking stupid, but I'd be lying if I said that team made me feeling anything other than meh. 

 

And folk saying maybe he's thinking about the Hibs game. What absolute shite. Resting players 8 days in advance of a game? Maybe they need to toughen the **** up if that's the case. 

Aberdeen league cup midweek?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
E6 Inc

I've never seen a Hearts manager change tactics and rotate players more than Levein has done this year. Every single week theres are a few changes. No wonder the players look lost.

 

I actually wouldnt be disappointed with a defeat today if it hurries a change of stewardship.

 

With that team we aren't going to see nice football today, that's for sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlphonseCapone
2 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Aberdeen league cup midweek?

 

That's a week on Wednesday, after the Hibs game. Will playing today really make a difference? 

Edited by AlphonseCapone
Wrong day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cardboardcutout

If the back up players are not good enough then they shouldn't be in the squad!  Naismith will never be consistently 100% fit now so will be a bit part player.Uche has to get his finger out and improve and hopefully whelans influence will start to tell more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dougal
17 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

We also have a derby next week which could be why Smith, Damour, Washington and Meshino are on the bench.

Get beat today and what will that do to the confidence of the team going into the derby. We've got to win as many games as possible and that is not a team that will scare the opposition or inspire the fans. We need our best 11 on the park at all times and only injuries, suspensions or poor form should be the only reasons to change it. These are professional footballers who should be able to play 90 minutes today regardless if they played 90 minutes in midweek. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gorgieshed
4 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Try hesgoal

 

Is that any good? Do u need to sign up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Turkishcap

SN a big concern for me as right now I cannot see him playing 2 to 3 consecutive games. Even one is a struggle!

Edited by Turkishcap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DG_HMFC
49 minutes ago, Blake said:

He's slipping in the changing room

 

Getting off the bus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CJGJ

Some on here need to think a bit

 

There are players such as White who are injured so the full backs pick themselves given Smith is on his way back from injury and will not be 100%..you can argue whether he should be on the bench if not but otherwise there is little choice in the full back positions

 

The rest of the defence is what the vast majority would have named

 

Up front the only real question mark is Maclean. Uche has trained well and is now fully recovered and with Washington playing midweek putting him on the bench makes sense..he's hardly scored a bundle for us in any case

 

Glad to see Morrison back in the frame

 

It's not my first 11 but it makes sense given injuries and circumstances

 

PS plenty moaning but no alternatives offered especially re Brandon

 

 

Edited by CJGJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pettigrewsstylist
16 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

An Absolute classic Levein “you won’t tell me what to do” side. Utter dross. 

Reeks of it. We have a problem, im sure now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GinRummy
1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

Some on here need to think a bit

 

There are players such as White who are injured so the full backs pick themselves given Smith is on his way back from injury and will not be 100%..you can argue whether he should be on the bench if not but otherwise there is little choice in the full back positions

 

The rest of the defence is what the vast majority would have named

 

Up front the only real question mark is Maclean. Uche has trained well and is now fully recovered and with Washington playing midweek putting him on the bench makes sense..he's hardly scored a bundle for us in any case

 

Glad to see Morrison back in the frame

 

It's not my first 11 but it makes sense given injuries and circumstances

 

 

 

Can you think of another central defender in our league who could make as many errors as Berra and start every single game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pettigrewsstylist
4 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

SN a big concern for me as right now I cannot see him playing 2 to 3 consecutive games. Even one is a struggle!

Was always gonna be likely imo. We needed plan B. Presume its walker washington.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...