*** Heart Of Midlothian fc v Motherwell fc Official Matchday thread ***

Bazzas right boot

Just now, MattyK82 said:

True. We are.

That being said, remaining unbeaten after fortuitously drawing with both RC and Hamilton isn’t awe inspiring! 

We we may not lose but equally I don’t think we will win. 

A draw under the circumstances will feel like a defeat and may put us at the bottom of the league, depending on other results. 

I know that we got lucky in both previous home games but with us already beating them and undefeated at home, I wouldn't out money on us losing.  Also think the atmosphere we are expecting tomorrow will get the place back to what it can be and work in our favour if we go for it from the off.  That's the one tactic they must go with tomorrow.  Wouldn't be shocked if we did lose though.  This game is down to how we approach it. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pettigrewsstylist

• Hearts007

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Sagan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We will score first, sit back and defend a one nil lead at home vs a team we should be beating comfortably then concede either one or two late goals to either draw or lose. 

Depressing prediction but its about all the positivity I can muster for Craig Leveins Hearts. 

42 minutes ago, Barack said:

I'm sure I'll read all about it on Monday or Tuesday.

Then I can find out the score at the same time.

Are you on your jollies? 

August Landmesser
1 hour ago, Pants Shaton said:

3-0 home win and ‘it changes nothing’ type posts from all 

Roll on May, after our 25th 3-0 win of the season; 'it changes nothing' still echoing from an angry few...

We should come out all guns blazing. We won’t. Predicted team looks weak, Doyle, Berra provide no authority at the back and can’t see where goals will come from if Uche/ Washington start. Ho hum. 

17 minutes ago, Gavman81 said:

We should come out all guns blazing. We won’t. Predicted team looks weak, Doyle, Berra provide no authority at the back and can’t see where goals will come from if Uche/ Washington start. Ho hum. 

Doyle and Berra are serious worries. Hopefully the midfield works well defensively.

2 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Scrappy win

This, initially took the draw but can see a 1-0.

If there is a home win, will the protest still proceed....  Makes getting fish supper at Gorgie more drawn out.....

Hoping for a win, but can see it being 1-2 Well.

The press conference was just more talk, can't see much changing, although you can but hope

Edited by Tennant's 6's

Ernie Eskilsson
2 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Hearts 3 Motherwell 0

Doyle

Hickey  Halkett  Berra  White

Whelan  Irving

Clare                             Mulraney 

Uche   Denzel

White has been very poor every time he’s played. Let Hickey settle at LB and play Brandon if Smith’s not fit.

Doyle

hickey   Halkett.   Berra. White 

Whelan 

Clare       Irving 

Morrison.                       Mulraney

Washington 

Bit of stability as well as pace - need both

Captain Canada

I know this won't be the team but I'd like to see:

Doyle

Brandon Halkett Dikamona Hickey

Irving Whelan Damour

Meshino

Washington Uche

Subs: Bobby, Berra, White, Clare, Bozanic, Mulraney and Keena. 

Just now, Ernie Eskilsson said:

White has been very poor every time he’s played. Let Hickey settle at LB and play Brandon if Smith’s not fit.

Each to their own but I can’t see how he’s been “very poor”. 

White was very good v Ross County until the penalty he conceded, but he was clearly feeling the pace at that point having not started a game in 2 years.

Wasn’t great v Hamilton and came off injured.

Apart from that he’s only come on as a sub for the last 10minutes or so v Motherwell in the cup and at Parkhead at Left Wing for Mulraney. He was decent v Motherwell in the cup when he came on.

Brandon on the other hand has been a disaster in every appearance since he came back from injury.

Sent off v Celtic at Tynie for a daft pointless challenge costing us the game.

Torn to shreds at Pittodrie, and came on at Celtic Park last game last season and just kicked and fouled.

Came on at Parkhead this season for Smith and wasn’t very good either.

I can see why he hasn’t been trusted to start at RB v Hamilton. 

This has to be a step change. A performance like Hamilton but with us winning isn’t going to be enough. We need to see a proper display of football, played with tempo and purpose. If having two weeks off and the back drop of tomorrow isn’t enough to get the players firing for their manager then we have big big problems. 

Hoping for a 2-0, think it’ll be a draw tho. 

14 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Doyle

hickey   Halkett.   Berra. White 

Whelan 

Clare       Irving 

Morrison.                       Mulraney

Washington 

Bit of stability as well as pace - need both

First time ive done this - might be the last as I realise I’ve missed loads of players! Based on that, would swap to: 

Doyle

dikamona   Halkett.   Berra.  Hickey 

Damour.        Whelan

meshino.     Clare.     Irving

Washington 

A bit more urgency in our play for starters, and the players looking like the give a #### whether we win or not, would make all the difference. 

If so, then we win comfortably.

1 hour ago, Baxfee said:

First time ive done this - might be the last as I realise I’ve missed loads of players! Based on that, would swap to: 

Doyle

dikamona   Halkett.   Berra.  Hickey 

Damour.        Whelan

meshino.     Clare.     Irving

Washington 

Pretty sure Damour will start with Whelan in front of the back four , in fact I'll be amazed if they don't . 

In saying that it's Levein so who knows who'll start , in fact I'm trying to think of a random youngster that hasn't  featured yet they might make an appearance . 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Fancy Smith to make a comeback. 

Back 4 well protected. Wonder how Meshino has got on. 

Uche Washington and Meshino I fancy up front. 

3 or 4-1 Hearts, Washington to score. Killie to beat Hibs. Protest goes ahead until their taxi arrives to take them to the boozer.

7 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

3 or 4-1 Hearts, Washington to score. Killie to beat Hibs. Protest goes ahead until their taxi arrives to take them to the boozer.

Hearts score?  Hope so.

Hibs score? Hope so.

Protesters affording a taxi and the boozer?  Doubtful.

I'd go with Brandon rather White. White for me just isn't a natural full back. He's a really good attacking player and can play LWB or LM but he's not a full back IMO. 

Brandon was doing very well before his injuries and I think deserves another chance despite being very poor at Pittodrie at the end of last season and his red cards.

With the recent lack of confidence in our defence it makes more sense to go with the better defender out of the two on this occasion.

1 minute ago, Hungry hippo said:

I'd go with Brandon rather White. White for me just isn't a natural full back. He's a really good attacking player and can play LWB or LM but he's not a full back IMO. 

Brandon was doing very well before his injuries and I think deserves another chance despite being very poor at Pittodrie at the end of last season and his red cards.

With the recent lack of confidence in our defence it makes more sense to go with the better defender out of the two on this occasion.

I think White has done ok, other than towards the end of games when he has tired. Looks good going forward as you suggested by saying he can play LM or LWB. 

Brandon is terrible. Looked ok before his injury. Looked a bag of nerves and a total liability since his injury.

13 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Hearts score?  Hope so.

Hibs score? Hope so.

They’ll be at the game at least.

You’ll continue to judge from afar.

Beyond pathetic and typical of kickback.

8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I think White has done ok, other than towards the end of games when he has tired. Looks good going forward as you suggested by saying he can play LM or LWB. 

Brandon is terrible. Looked ok before his injury. Looked a bag of nerves and a total liability since his injury.

I like White but just think he's not a natural defender. I felt he really struggled last week defensively.

Ideally we'd clearly have Hickey and Smith as the alternatives aren't amazing.

24 minutes ago, Davie Deans said:

They’ll be at the game at least.

You’ll continue to judge from afar.

Beyond pathetic and typical of kickback.

Shows how much you know me.* I'll be at the game tomorrow, as usual. 

* I give you Leith is afar, but it's not that bleeding afar.

Sorry, thought you were referring to me. haha Morgan is more then capable of defending himself, though.

Edited by Coburg Hearts

41 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Hearts score?  Hope so.

Hibs score? Hope so.

2 out of 3 is not too shabby. 😉

All roads lead to Gorgie

A league win is long overdue but I have a feeling another draw is on the cards here. I have totally lost the optimism that I normally have, in the early part of seasons at least. Hope we spring a major surprise though and actually win the game tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

A league win is long overdue but I have a feeling another draw is on the cards here. I have totally lost the optimism that I normally have, in the early part of seasons at least. Hope we spring a major surprise though and actually win the game tomorrow. 

Snap.  Optimism has been drained out of all of us, particularly those of you who have been turning up to watch.  I promise you it hurts 12,000 miles away.

Won't last forever though.  We might win 6-0 and turn the corner despite the ongoing horrendous injury toll.

Pasquale for King

I think we will need to defend better, Well should’ve took about ten off these Hibs ***** a few weeks back. Whether we can do that and create decent chances is hard to say. 

Another game which will be decided by the Pratt in black.mistakes, blunders and awful decisions come to mind by him, At least one Hearts player sent off and plenty of bookings.

normalI I think. But hey I'm still going for a home win.

cooooooooooooooomoan the mighty JTs

stirlingshirejambo

Need come flying out the traps. Get an early goal and we may look another team. Or nervy slow apathetic start crowd get on their backs  and we could comfortably lose. 

We are a side devoid of confidence but not lacking ability

3-1 Hearts

6 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Hearts are like any other side, they’ll get a win sometime.  As has been well documented, our problem is lack of consistency and that is borne out of a series of other issues. 

We desperately need the 3 points and there’s definitely pressure on the manager and players. With that in mind and Motherwell being a rugged side, i think it’ll be a fraught 90 mins we may sneak. It won’t be a walk in the park.

Jambo, Goodbye

We'll begin strongly, not score, and the game will become a scrapfest 😒 

Levein's post match comments to include "we played well at times,  but..."

And I think a player has been forced off injured in each of our last 8 competitive games. So I'll predict that too 😞

Liquid football on display from start to finish. Domination of midfield and rock solid defence.

4 nill Hearts with a boatload If chances created. Zero injuries!!

Perfect weekend.

58 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Liquid football on display from start to finish. Domination of midfield and rock solid defence.

4 nill Hearts with a boatload If chances created. Zero injuries!!

Perfect weekend.

Bit early to have started drinking! 

Just don't know what we face from Hearts today?

Remember when I used to wake up on a match day - excited - to be going to watch my team, who I knew, no matter what, would thrill me. I could roughly pick what the team would be and how they would set up and play. Would have a few beers with mates all feeling the same. 

Not got a clue who the team will be, how they'll play and if the ground will be buzzing or toxic. Half my mates not bothering to go as a result. 

As always hoping for my team to win, perform well and entertain - a rarity in 2019.